Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #2351
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Also when the action is on me, i use to be able to just type in a bet size from my keyboard. Thus it automatically goes to the bet box. How do i get this option? Because i previously had it that way. But now it doesn't work at all. I have to manually erase the bet size number, bring mouse there and then do it.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #2352
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Thanks. Okay so i have the BB stack shown for me and all the players at the table. However, its arranged incorrectly. Such that its a few places off. How do i fix this?
If you mean bb stacks in HUD in PartyCaption - turn on and configure HUD / Preferred seat option.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #2353
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Also on party i have bb shown for players as oppose to regular stack sizes. But when i get in a pot, it shows the pot size in real numbers. Is there a way to change the pot size to bb?
You can display pot in bb via HUD - use [tpbb] tag in Table panels for this (there is no way to convert an original total pot).
If you want to hide an original total pot - use Fonts / Total pot / Hide header + Hide value options
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #2354
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Also when the action is on me, i use to be able to just type in a bet size from my keyboard. Thus it automatically goes to the bet box. How do i get this option? Because i previously had it that way. But now it doesn't work at all. I have to manually erase the bet size number, bring mouse there and then do it.
Try to enable one of these options (or both of them):
Options / NumPad input activates the bet box
Options / 0-9 keys activate the bet box
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #2355
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Hi there. Some reason the bb stack did correct itself with the wrong spots. I checked the preferred seating and it was same thing.


Well the thing with the bb shown and pot size. Say blinds are 500/1000. If someone raises to 2500 or 2.5bb... and say i have bb shown as oppose to regular stacks. When its at the betbox, i cant just type in say 6.5bb or 7.5bb right? Because i could not do that. Thus it required me if i wanted to type in the bet to type in the actual number. Obviously this would require a bit of a calculation as you first need to check what the blinds are and how much he raised like 2x or 2.1x or 2.5x etc before you reraise say 2.5x or 3x right?


So based on what i described, do most ppl set it to bb on partypoker? Because i did that since you start with huge stacks. But when you manually type in a 3bet size, you cant do that right? Like in that example, if you want to 3bet to 6.25x, you can't do that on the bet box. You could however move the slidebar to 6x, 6.5x, 7x etc. But do ppl do this or not? I have tough time thinking how ppl would even enter a 3bet size playing with the chips converted to bb?


So im guessing its best to just keep everything in regular chips? But have the BB in red shown for everyone? That way when someone raises preflop and you want to 3bet, well you just type it manually?



Some reason the options/numpad and the other one i had both checked. It didn't work. Then suddenly it did. No idea why.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #2356
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Also i had mentioned that i did a layout of partypoker tables. Thus i had stars tables opened which uses another program. With partypoker, i opened 4 tables manually and sized it where its a bit smaller than stars tables but its a good size. Now when i had partypoker tables opened, the issue was why can i not get all the partypoker tables on one quadrant? Example, if i have 2 tables, they always have to be in 2 different quadrants etc. I did this with 888poker and 888caption and strangely though, i could get all the 888 tables in one quadrant but its only the bottom right one only.


Can you tell me what im doing wrong here? Because i could not get partypoker tables to all be in the same quadrant and thus that way it doesn't block the stars tables. The only way to fix this issue was stop the layout and uncheck it. And basically manually move the table myself. But obviously this is not what i want because if i have more tables, i want it to move to any quadrant.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:09 AM   #2357
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

PaulyJames200x, you should use the Custom bet box to enter bets in big blinds. Try to read here about it or watch the video there.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:19 AM   #2358
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Also i had mentioned that i did a layout of partypoker tables. Thus i had stars tables opened which uses another program. With partypoker, i opened 4 tables manually and sized it where its a bit smaller than stars tables but its a good size. Now when i had partypoker tables opened, the issue was why can i not get all the partypoker tables on one quadrant? Example, if i have 2 tables, they always have to be in 2 different quadrants etc. I did this with 888poker and 888caption and strangely though, i could get all the 888 tables in one quadrant but its only the bottom right one only.


Can you tell me what im doing wrong here? Because i could not get partypoker tables to all be in the same quadrant and thus that way it doesn't block the stars tables. The only way to fix this issue was stop the layout and uncheck it. And basically manually move the table myself. But obviously this is not what i want because if i have more tables, i want it to move to any quadrant.
There is no simple way to make a multi-slot in PartyCaption. As I mentioned above, you can use the mode with miniatures for this, as shown in this video (you can make miniatures very small, so it will work just a simple stack). And you can create two stacks if you need it. (in fact it will be a virtual stack because only one table will be on screen in the moment)

You can make an ordinary (not virtual) stack of tables, but for this you will need to create several slots with close coordinates, for example (100, 100), (100, 101), (99, 100), etc
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #2359
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Hi there. When you say miniatures, you mean like very small tables? i tried this and did not like how that looked. So if you have say 6 tables, you could only view one at a time?


Also i opened the 888tables again with partycaption on. There is that issue that i mention where if i open 4 tables, well you see all of them tiled and good size. But the big problem is why can i not move the tables to any quadrant i want? For example, i should be able to move say the 3 other tables to say top quadrant but this doesn't work. The only way to do this would be basically to move everything to bottom quadrant. But if i want say 2 tables on the top right and one on bottom left and bottom right... this does not work.


Do you know what im trying to explain here or would you need me to send you a picture? For example imagine i want all my 5 tables of 888 poker on the top right quadrant of my monitor. I cannot do this. But i could on the bottom right though. But say i have 3 tables of 888. Now say i have 3 tables of 888. I could have them spread in top right, left, and bottom left etc. But if i want all of them in same quadrant, it has to be the bottom right.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:42 AM   #2360
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Hi there. When you say miniatures, you mean like very small tables? i tried this and did not like how that looked. So if you have say 6 tables, you could only view one at a time?
Yes, they can be made very small, but they are not tables. These are just images of tables. In this mode you can see miniatures for all tables and one real table. This table can be switched automatically or manually, and it looks like you have a stack of tables.

Quote:
Also i opened the 888tables again with partycaption on. There is that issue that i mention where if i open 4 tables, well you see all of them tiled and good size. But the big problem is why can i not move the tables to any quadrant i want? For example, i should be able to move say the 3 other tables to say top quadrant but this doesn't work. The only way to do this would be basically to move everything to bottom quadrant. But if i want say 2 tables on the top right and one on bottom left and bottom right... this does not work.


Do you know what im trying to explain here or would you need me to send you a picture? For example imagine i want all my 5 tables of 888 poker on the top right quadrant of my monitor. I cannot do this. But i could on the bottom right though. But say i have 3 tables of 888. Now say i have 3 tables of 888. I could have them spread in top right, left, and bottom left etc. But if i want all of them in same quadrant, it has to be the bottom right.
Once again - you need a stack, not just a single slot.
In 888Caption it can be done by enabling Table slot options / Stack. Do it for all slots if you want to use them in this mode.

In PartyCaption there is no such option and you can use one of the ways of simulating the stack, which I described above.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #2361
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Hi there. The miniatures thing i did not like. Yes it was like images of tables.


When you say you need a stack and not just a single slot. Well on my 888caption table manager tab, i see table slots and i see table sizes being shown under it. Then under table slot options, i have a check mark on stack. Is that what you mean? Because thats what i already did. Do i need to put anything for move table to this slot? I also checked auto sort tables to see if this would work but same thing.


For active table slots, do i leave that blank?


But on partypoker, when i open tables, it does open the way i like it. Example when i open four tables, they are basically tiled with no overlap. If i open eight tables, well you see like one behind each table if you check etc. But the main issue is if i want it all in one quadrant, it has to be on the bottom right. Thus let say i have 3 tables and want 2 of them on top left and one on top right. Well i cant do that as it could be only one in top left, one in top right and the other could be bottom left or bottom right.


For partypoker, is there a way to show what current position you are and how many players are paid or not? Because it seem like you have to click on lobby and manually check? On 888poker, it does seem to show what is your current position but it doesn't tell you how many players are paid. Stars is the only one that shows this on tourney info etc.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #2362
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

The thing that confuses me here is i do have the tables set up on 888 and party where they open up the way i like. Thus they are tiled and the right size and no overlap. But if i want to move 3 tables to the top right of my screen, this does not work. Now imagine i have 3 tables of 888 and 3 tables of partypoker. Let say i have 10 tables on stars so 21 tables total. I would like to have 5 tables each on stars on top right and and bottom right. And 3 tables of 888 on top right and 3 tables of partypoker on bottom right. This won't work because if i want all the tables of 888 on one quadrant, they have to be bottom right. Thus i would have to have 6 tables mixed of 888 and party together which is not what i want.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #2363
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
For partypoker, is there a way to show what current position you are and how many players are paid or not? Because it seem like you have to click on lobby and manually check? On 888poker, it does seem to show what is your current position but it doesn't tell you how many players are paid. Stars is the only one that shows this on tourney info etc.
In PartyCaption and 888Capiton you can use [TL_ITM] tag in HUD / Table panels for this (how many players are paid)
In StarsCaption use [CH_ITM] tag

Current position you are:
[CH_heroPos] in PartyCaption and StarsCaption
[TL_heroPos] in 888Caption
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #2364
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
When you say you need a stack and not just a single slot. Well on my 888caption table manager tab, i see table slots and i see table sizes being shown under it. Then under table slot options, i have a check mark on stack. Is that what you mean?
Not only for the first slot in the list, but for each of the slots you have.
Select 2nd slot in the list, turn on 'Stack' for it, select 3rd turn it on again, etc

Quote:
For active table slots, do i leave that blank?
Yes

Quote:
But on partypoker, when i open tables, it does open the way i like it.
I have already told you many times what you should to do.
You need to make several layers of slots with slightly different coordinates.
Send me your Table manager config, if you can not figure it out (you can find it in c:\PartyCaption\TableManagerConfigs folder).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #2365
HeyHoeLetsGo
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 11
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Hello Caption Supporters,

I just asked for my 30 days trial, and everytime I open stars caption all the settings/setup is reset. I did click Save options down in the software, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your time,
let me know how to solve it.
Cheers
HeyHoeLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #2366
HeyHoeLetsGo
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 11
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHoeLetsGo View Post
Hello Caption Supporters,

I just asked for my 30 days trial, and everytime I open stars caption all the settings/setup is reset. I did click Save options down in the software, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your time,
let me know how to solve it.
Cheers
PS: My license was already on!
Shoould I login somewhere, or is it automatic ?
HeyHoeLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #2367
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
In PartyCaption and 888Capiton you can use [TL_ITM] tag in HUD / Table panels for this (how many players are paid)
In StarsCaption use [CH_ITM] tag

Current position you are:
[CH_heroPos] in PartyCaption and StarsCaption
[TL_heroPos] in 888Caption

Hi there. I was playing an sng to practice this. But is your current position out of how many players are left already shown on 888? Thus there is no need for the hero chip position in 888? Also in the sng, there seem to be a number that shows how many players till the money. Is it different with tournaments?


I also put a a tag for how many players make the money.

TL ITM


I also put a line for average stack size.

TL avStack



At first it worked. But now it shows 0 for both. Previously it showed a correct average chipstack like 2200 chips when there are 7 players in the sng.



Is there a reason why it no longer works?



I did what you said on partypoker and practiced this on an sng. I put down my chip position, how many players left and how many players make the money. It shows the current chip position but it doesn't seem to refresh? For the players left and how many players make the money, it shows 0 for both again... This should work in an sng though right?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #2368
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
Not only for the first slot in the list, but for each of the slots you have.
Select 2nd slot in the list, turn on 'Stack' for it, select 3rd turn it on again, etc

Yes

I have already told you many times what you should to do.
You need to make several layers of slots with slightly different coordinates.
Send me your Table manager config, if you can not figure it out (you can find it in c:\PartyCaption\TableManagerConfigs folder).

Hi there. Yes when i put the check mark for each slot, this worked. Now i could take a table and and put it any quadrant i like. Thus i could have 2 on any slot, 2 on another slot and 1 on any slot. It no longer needs to be all in the bottom corner quadrant.


Table config looks like this


Table slots


1. (165,577) 100%
2. (168, 1) 100%
3. (968, 0) 100%
4. (967, 576) 100%


active table slot


x y size
967 576 0
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:00 AM   #2369
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Hi there. I was playing an sng to practice this. But is your current position out of how many players are left already shown on 888? Thus there is no need for the hero chip position in 888? Also in the sng, there seem to be a number that shows how many players till the money. Is it different with tournaments?


I also put a a tag for how many players make the money.

TL ITM


I also put a line for average stack size.

TL avStack



At first it worked. But now it shows 0 for both. Previously it showed a correct average chipstack like 2200 chips when there are 7 players in the sng.



Is there a reason why it no longer works?



I did what you said on partypoker and practiced this on an sng. I put down my chip position, how many players left and how many players make the money. It shows the current chip position but it doesn't seem to refresh? For the players left and how many players make the money, it shows 0 for both again... This should work in an sng though right?

Okay now for some reason the average stack in an sng/tournament and the average stack in BB shows up. Disregard my question on that part.


Also is there a way to color code players on partypoker and 888poker? On stars, you could color code them by making a color around the entire circle etc. Thus blue, orange or any color etc and that makes it very easy. Is there a way to do this on partypoker and 888poker? Like have a color over the whole thing etc and not like say a little note on it where its hard to look at?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:56 AM   #2370
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHoeLetsGo View Post
PS: My license was already on!
Shoould I login somewhere, or is it automatic ?
It is automatic - you just have to login to PokerStars client to see a license details.

As for settings - I don't know what it can be, but maybe StarsCaption hasn't rights to save files in the folder into which you installed it. Try to configure it to run as admin or install it to another folder.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #2371
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
At first it worked. But now it shows 0 for both. Previously it showed a correct average chipstack like 2200 chips when there are 7 players in the sng.
You can read a description of these tags on the site.

Turn on these options:
SnG/MTT / Autorefresh [TL _...] tags (for PartyCaption)
Options / Autorefresh [TL _...] tags (for 888Caption)
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:25 AM   #2372
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Also is there a way to color code players on partypoker and 888poker? On stars, you could color code them by making a color around the entire circle etc. Thus blue, orange or any color etc and that makes it very easy. Is there a way to do this on partypoker and 888poker? Like have a color over the whole thing etc and not like say a little note on it where its hard to look at?
For PartyPoker - yes, you can use the Set note hotkey for this (you can do it also via partypoker interface, there is a button for this in the Notes tab of chat).
Try to watch a video here for an example.

As for 888Caption - you can install any custom table layout with a large color notes (you can find many of them on a poker layout sites) and also use the Set note hotkey in 888Capiton.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #2373
HeyHoeLetsGo
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 11
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
It is automatic - you just have to login to PokerStars client to see a license details.

As for settings - I don't know what it can be, but maybe StarsCaption hasn't rights to save files in the folder into which you installed it. Try to configure it to run as admin or install it to another folder.
Did reinstall and it worked, thanks man !
Also ran the setup as administrator just in case.

Cheers for the help
HeyHoeLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #2374
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
You can read a description of these tags on the site.

Turn on these options:
SnG/MTT / Autorefresh [TL _...] tags (for PartyCaption)
Options / Autorefresh [TL _...] tags (for 888Caption)

On 888 this is what i have


{TL_ITM}
{TL-avstack}



So is this correct? Thus its already autorefresh? Or is there another tag you have to add after adding each of these?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #2375
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,371
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
For PartyPoker - yes, you can use the Set note hotkey for this (you can do it also via partypoker interface, there is a button for this in the Notes tab of chat).
Try to watch a video here for an example.

As for 888Caption - you can install any custom table layout with a large color notes (you can find many of them on a poker layout sites) and also use the Set note hotkey in 888Capiton.

Hi there. Just noticed on the party tables there is a tab where you can click on a player and then color code them with different colors. So thats the default way and thus just do it that way? I dont know what you mean by setting up hotkey for putting a note on someone. On stars, its basically right click a player and put in notes and then you color code them.


I have the default table layout on 888poker. I like the default layout. Where is the large color notes you are talking about? So i have to visit a certain site to download something like this? Where is set note hotkey on 888caption?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive