Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2021, 07:01 AM   #5751
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

baztalkspoker, for now there is only one way to configure it - Table manager config with miniatures (see Stack 22 config there as an example). In this mode there is only one table on a screen (all other tables are behind the edge of screen so they have no chance to pop up). Options / Popup table whenever action is required works with this mode, so you can use it with auto activation.

Without auto activation there are two different modes - you can activate tables by click on miniature (Activate by click is enabled), and activate tables by hovering on miniature (and in this mode Activate time option works - table can be activated immediately or with some delay, and you can specify this delay here).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #5752
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
baztalkspoker, for now there is only one way to configure it - Table manager config with miniatures (see Stack 22 config there as an example). In this mode there is only one table on a screen (all other tables are behind the edge of screen so they have no chance to pop up). Options / Popup table whenever action is required works with this mode, so you can use it with auto activation.

Without auto activation there are two different modes - you can activate tables by click on miniature (Activate by click is enabled), and activate tables by hovering on miniature (and in this mode Activate time option works - table can be activated immediately or with some delay, and you can specify this delay here).
Thanks once again for your quick reply. Actually started trying out with miniatures today, and noticed a big improvement. It's still happening occasionally where my action goes on the wrong table.

What settings do you think work best?
At the moments I have all of the following checked
Popup table whenever action is required
Mouse jump to table
Forced reactivation
Table under mouse bring to foreground

When you say can be activate immediately or with some delay, where exactly can I set this delay? And might setting a delay prevent misclicks?

Is there any need to set up/turn off specific options on Party?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #5753
TwistedEcho
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TwistedEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,368
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

On stars caption - is there a setting so any stars popups on a table (labels, notes, background etc) are in front of the stars caption HUD?
TwistedEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:45 PM   #5754
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztalkspoker View Post
Thanks once again for your quick reply. Actually started trying out with miniatures today, and noticed a big improvement. It's still happening occasionally where my action goes on the wrong table.

What settings do you think work best?
At the moments I have all of the following checked
Popup table whenever action is required
Mouse jump to table
Forced reactivation
Table under mouse bring to foreground

When you say can be activate immediately or with some delay, where exactly can I set this delay? And might setting a delay prevent misclicks?

Is there any need to set up/turn off specific options on Party?
I think this:
Popup table whenever action is required - on
Mouse jump to table - off
Forced reactivation - off
Table under mouse bring to foreground - off
Activate by click - on

As for delay - I mean Table manager / Activate time option. But if you will have Activate by click enabled, then this option will not work (it works with activate by hover mode only, but with auto activation you don't need to activate tables manually).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:10 PM   #5755
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEcho View Post
On stars caption - is there a setting so any stars popups on a table (labels, notes, background etc) are in front of the stars caption HUD?
There is no way to do something on Aurora table higher than any HUD, because all these pop ups are not separate windows how it was in old graphics engine. It's the same as trying to do board cards or Fold button higher than HUD.

StarsCaption has an option for tooltips - Layout editor / Move elements / Show Aurora tooltip in HUD popup (PokerStars client must be configured to run as admin for this option). This option does as you need for tooltips, but in fact it hides an original Aurora tooltip and draws the same text in a separate window.

Maybe I'll do something like this for note selection dialog too, but this is a little more complicated. For now you can use Layout editor / Move elements / Table elements / Player note menu to move a menu to some predefined position (you can choose a table place without any HUDs, and this menu will appear there).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #5756
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
I think this:
Popup table whenever action is required - on
Mouse jump to table - off
Forced reactivation - off
Table under mouse bring to foreground - off
Activate by click - on

As for delay - I mean Table manager / Activate time option. But if you will have Activate by click enabled, then this option will not work (it works with activate by hover mode only, but with auto activation you don't need to activate tables manually).
@LikeAA thanks once again, on the Activate time option, is that in seconds?

This got me thinking, is there any way to put a time gap between opening new tables. As I'm attempting to play 6 or more spins simultaneously now, I'd prefer if several were not opening one after the other, as it increases the possibility of a time-out. Is there some way to stagger the opening of new tables, and if not could you consider adding this option please?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:28 PM   #5757
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Also, I'm noticing that the cursor doesn't always show up straight away when new table is activated when 'Table under mouse bring to foreground' is not checked.
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:40 PM   #5758
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

And do I need to set options for table cycling?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:45 AM   #5759
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Apologies all the posts, but can't edit the previous one after 30 minutes. I've played around with the settings but no matter what I seem to do, I still seem to misclick and that's usually costing me a lot of chips. The main reason seems to be that sometimes my action doesn't seem to work the first time on the table, so I do it more than once, unfortunately some times the click goes to the following table. How can I avoid this?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:42 AM   #5760
MatNewman
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Hi,

I bought Stars Caption through Hand2Note Pro Tools on Thurs 11th and still haven't had my licence key. I emailed on Friday about it - any chance you can nudge whoever need to issue it so I can stop playing 10NL?

Cheers
MatNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #5761
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

baztalkspoker, Activate time is in milliseconds.
I'll try to think about delay between open of new tables.
Quote:
I'm noticing that the cursor doesn't always show up straight away when new table is activated when 'Table under mouse bring to foreground' is not checked.
If you mean a mouse cursor, then try to enable Options / Test options / Force muse cursor to show.
Quote:
And do I need to set options for table cycling?
No, these hotkeys will not work in this mode.

Quote:
I've played around with the settings but no matter what I seem to do, I still seem to misclick and that's usually costing me a lot of chips. The main reason seems to be that sometimes my action doesn't seem to work the first time on the table, so I do it more than once, unfortunately some times the click goes to the following table. How can I avoid this?
How exactly does this happen?
Do you click action buttons by mouse or use hotkeys?
At what point does the table change? If you have configured everything correctly, then it should not change until the action is completed.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #5762
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatNewman View Post
Hi,

I bought Stars Caption through Hand2Note Pro Tools on Thurs 11th and still haven't had my licence key. I emailed on Friday about it - any chance you can nudge whoever need to issue it so I can stop playing 10NL?

Cheers
Hi
Oh sorry for this, I just found your email with License ID (it was not in the order on the site)
Your license has been activated, sorry for the problem.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #5763
MatNewman
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

thanks for prompt response - all seems good now!
MatNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:54 PM   #5764
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
baztalkspoker, Activate time is in milliseconds.
I'll try to think about delay between open of new tables.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
baztalkspoker
If you mean a mouse cursor, then try to enable Options / Test options / Force muse cursor to show.
No, these hotkeys will not work in this mode.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I meant mouse cursor, I've tried so many different combination of settings, can't recall when it wasn't showing, I think I had Force mouse cursor show though, anyway, right now it's not an issue for me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
baztalkspoker
How exactly does this happen?
Do you click action buttons by mouse or use hotkeys?
At what point does the table change? If you have configured everything correctly, then it should not change until the action is completed.
I use a combination of buttons and hotkeys. The issue seems to occur less when I have fewer tables open. It's like sometimes there is a delay between the hotkey/button click working, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and I have to click a second time, but unfortunately some times, what results is the first click did actually work, and the second click goes to the table that follows. I have tried delaying my second click just in case the first one actually did work, but errors are still occuring.

I was wondering if it was a problem with my computer or my graphics card itself, and/or also my HUD. I had lots of panels on my HUD. I am now testing with a totally blank HUD and just using hotkeys, so far it looks hopeful, but I need to test it a bit more.

Is there anyway of delaying auto activating the following table for 1 or 2 second to prevent this, just in case going HUDLESS doesn't solve the problem?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:24 AM   #5765
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

I am now using an almost empty HUD and it greatly reduces the lag and resultant clicking on the wrong table as I outlined above. I haven't misclicked in the few hours since my last reply, and have only experienced the need to click more than once on a couple of occasions.

Any ideas why having a HUD with lots of panels might cause this issue, does it make the computer/graphics card work too hard or require a solid internet connection?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #5766
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

baztalkspoker, unfortunately I have no idea why it might be.

Enabling of Table under mouse bring to foreground does not affect it?
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #5767
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

@LikeAA OK thanks, No whether that is checked or not, doesn't seem to make a difference. Having a minimal HUD seems to make a big difference though. I just have player nicks and time to act now, and use my gamepad for actions. Almost works perfectly.
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #5768
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

@LikeAA, just so I'm clear, in the miniatures you don't get to see the actual action in the table unless it's the active table, right?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #5769
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztalkspoker View Post
@LikeAA, just so I'm clear, in the miniatures you don't get to see the actual action in the table unless it's the active table, right?
Right.
This showed up before, but after some changes in Windows or in the poker client (I'm not sure where exactly) it stopped working this way.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #5770
CorrectSide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 326
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

If I use enter as hotkey for bet/raise in StarsCaption I am unable to send messages in chat. Is there solution for this?
CorrectSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:16 PM   #5771
baztalkspoker
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 659
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

@LikeAA Thanks for your replies to my previous posts.

@PartyCaption. I've had a few timeouts while trying to multi table spins, was thinking it could be a good idea to pause the spins registrator when a table's remaining timebank drop belows some threshold, would you consider adding this option?
baztalkspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:44 AM   #5772
oldfatman
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 18
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Is there any way to fire hotkeys without table under mouse? Just getting used to this software and haven't been able to finds this yet. Basically just want to be able to use hotkeys on active table without moving my mouse.

Also, is there a way for to focus bet box? So I just type number and it automatically types it in bet box? Thanks.

Last edited by oldfatman; 03-17-2021 at 07:05 AM.
oldfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:12 PM   #5773
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrectSide View Post
If I use enter as hotkey for bet/raise in StarsCaption I am unable to send messages in chat. Is there solution for this?
You can use Ctrl+Enter or Shift+Enter to send messages.
Or move mouse to any screen place without table under it, it disables all table hotkeys.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #5774
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztalkspoker View Post
@LikeAA Thanks for your replies to my previous posts.

@PartyCaption. I've had a few timeouts while trying to multi table spins, was thinking it could be a good idea to pause the spins registrator when a table's remaining timebank drop belows some threshold, would you consider adding this option?
I'll try to think about it.
For now you can try to mark tables with low time bank by Mark the table 2 hotkey, and use the option Pause registrator when / One of tables marked by Mark the table 2 hotkey.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #5775
LikeAA
veteran
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yellow submarine
Posts: 2,665
Re: 888/Party/StarsCaption

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfatman View Post
Is there any way to fire hotkeys without table under mouse? Just getting used to this software and haven't been able to finds this yet. Basically just want to be able to use hotkeys on active table without moving my mouse.

Also, is there a way for to focus bet box? So I just type number and it automatically types it in bet box? Thanks.
1. No, but you can use Options / Popup table whenever action is required + Mouse jump to table, and mouse will moved automatically to activated table, so you will be able to play without a mouse.

2. There are two options for this:
Options / NumPad input activates the bet box
Options / 0-9 keys activate the bet box
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive