Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #276
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
1. I downloaded 888caption. Then after i started 888poker, it said caption not compatible and required me to down 888caption2. So do most people use 888caption2 then? Or people only use 888caption if they want to auto register for sngs?
There are a several skins in Pacific network (Lotos, LuckyAce, etc), and they are have the old poker client now, so users still using 888caption v0.xx for them. Also some people still use old 888poker client (TableScan Turbo doesn't work with new client and there is no SnG registrator in 888Caption2)


Quote:
2. Also i havent played in 888poker much. But for the betting postflop, i see min, 50 percent, 3/4 and pot. Does 888 not allow you to put custom bet sizing in the client like stars? For example stars allow four betting sizes. So if you wanted, you could have 35%, 45%, 52%, 58% etc. I don't see it at all.
There is no such option in poker client, but you can create onscreen betting button in HUD of 888Caption - see HUD / Table panels / OnClick description.


Quote:
But does 888caption allow this? For example i see in the postflop, it allows you to put the amount that you want to bet postflop for flop, turn and river. So obviously putting 1/2 the pot is a waste for all 3 streets right since 1/2 the pot is already a betting option that is available in the bet sizing? For example let say you want it to be 55% for flop, turn and river. But you also want an option to bet say 40% the pot at any time you want. How does one do this? Is the only way to put it as a hotkey in betting hotkeys?
Read about Betscript on the site. It can create default bets for any game situations - open raises, isolates, postfop contbets, raises, etc.
Also you can use onscreen buttons and betting hotkeys.

Quote:
So basically put 40%+0 BB and make hotkey say f2? And if you want another hotkey of say 80% bet size, put another hotkey? What if you have a certain hotkey for stars. I assume you can't have that same hotkey for 888? Also what hotkeys do most of you people use? Because you can't really use letters since many people type while playing. Are almost all of you using the function keys or something? Seems like there isn't much hotkeys you could use on your keyboard.
You can create up to 12 different betting hotkeys for preflop / postflop betting.



Quote:
3. Is it possible to show the amount of BB in big bold like in tableoptimizer/stars? For example say you have 50bb, well you see it in the top left corner of the table and its in color and bold. So one doesn't have to look at the BB amount in their HEM2 hud since its pretty small? I took a look and i see the Hud tab. I put add new panel for table panel. But how do i put BB in there? I assume this is what is needed to be done to show BB in bold?
Yes, you can add HUD panel with stacks in bb or display or table amounts in bb's like this:


Also you can configure to display it in effective bb's or in M numbers.

Quote:
4. I play primarily on stars. Do most people just keep the default betting sizes for 888 tournaments? I took a look and it seems the blind level on 888 is completely different from stars. Thus seem strange for people to 3x it when bb is 100. Also what about the 3bet sizing etc. Are these what most ppl keep and don't make any changes at all?
You can configure default bets depends on blinds level with 888caption.


Quote:
5. Preflop bet sizing. I see there is option to make it 3x, 2.5x or whatever by position. I never did this as i had a default raise size regardless of position. I would change it by myself manually while playing depending on circumstances. But is this for cash game only or for tournament? Because if you have it set at 3x in early position. In tournaments assuming blinds are 200/400 and you have it set as 2.5x... in tournament its 2.5x right? Im assuming that is for cash tables only?
Openraises by positions is made for cashgame only in 888caption. See 'Tournament openraises' for tourneys (is depends on blinds level and limpers).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:29 AM   #277
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Also i assume the same answerswould be said for partycaption and fulltilt caption?


Thanks!
Most of features are common in FT/Party/888Caption, but there are some differences. You can ask detailed questions in the threads of these programs.

HUD, betscript and betting hotkeys are present in all programs.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #278
Messenjupp
veteran
 
Messenjupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: a student of the game
Posts: 3,230
Re: 888Caption

Just saw that u have this program for 888, FTP and Party...but its not a table managing tool right...or lets put it like that...suppose I have 888 and FTP caption and I use right mouse click for folding my hand at a table on both sites...how can I avoid that when I am at an 888 table and wanna fold my hand but right before I click the right side of my mouse a FTP table pops up cause action is required there and I click on my mouse...I assume the FTP hand will be folded...so how can I avoid that besides playing on only one site? Guess I have to uncheck the bring table up fron when action is required box. So I have to manually click on every table before I can use the hotkeys?

Oh..and 2nd question...what about your HUD on snap tables on 888...I assume its also not working like PT4 and HM2 right?
Messenjupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #279
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

All hotkeys in Captions are work for the table under the mouse cursor.
So if you are using right mouse click for folding on 888 table, there are 888 table will be under your mouse at this moment and fold hotkey will work only there but not on FTP table.
So you can configure right mouse button as Fold in all Captions together (and any other hotkeys too).

HUD works on snap but there are no any statistical parameters like in PT4/HM2. There are only odds, SPR, effective stack, etc. displayed.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #280
Messenjupp
veteran
 
Messenjupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: a student of the game
Posts: 3,230
Re: 888Caption

When I buy a license...can I use it on two computers...like laptop and desktop computer (thats possible with HM2 and PT4 for example).
Messenjupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:10 AM   #281
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

You can use it on any number of computers. License linked to your poker account and not linked to computer. So you can use it with your 888 account anywhere.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #282
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: 888Caption

I took a look at the betscript and the instructions. I am still very confused how this works with having the bet sizing on the screen.


I like to have say for bet sizing


35%, 45%, 55%, 70% visible so i can click on either of these since 888 only allows 1/2 pot, 2/3, 3/4 and pot i believe?


For hotkeys... if i use a button say f1 as the one that allows me to bet say pot... would there be any issue if i use the same f1 as a hotkey for tableoptimizer for stars? That should be no issue right?


Let say i have 5 hotkeys that i want to use. What buttons on your keyboard are you actually using for these hotkeys? I use a mouse only. I see lot of ppl have the right click button as a hotkey. I obviously wouldnt want to do this as its very easily to misclick many times. And i dont want to use letters on keyboard for obvious reason since i still web browse at times when i play. So which buttons are really left for someone to use hotkeys? I thought about using the numberpad on the right side of my keyboard but then again, im right handed so that isn't going to work.


I assume most ppl just use the function f1, f2 etc then? Still you have to reach a bit high in order to click on it.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #283
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
35%, 45%, 55%, 70% visible so i can click on either of these since 888 only allows 1/2 pot, 2/3, 3/4 and pot i believe?
You can create onscreen betting buttons in HUD (for any % of pot) and click them by mouse. You can use them with default 888 betting keys or instead of them.

Quote:
For hotkeys... if i use a button say f1 as the one that allows me to bet say pot... would there be any issue if i use the same f1 as a hotkey for tableoptimizer for stars? That should be no issue right?
You should configure tableoptimizer to use hotkeys for table under mouse (but not Active table), it has such option. In this case you can use one hotkey for 888Caption and Tableoptimizer without issues.

Quote:
And i dont want to use letters on keyboard for obvious reason since i still web browse at times when i play.
You can use letter because hotkeys work for the table under mouse only. So you can move your mouse to empty place of desktop (without any tables) and use any letter keys for text entering / web browsing.
But if you are afraid of missclicks, you should use F1-F12 or numpad hotkeys.
If you have a mouse with lots of buttons, you can use them. In 888Caption you can configure one button to 4 different actions depending on a table zone in which there is a mouse.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #284
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: 888Caption

Can you tell me how i do the

You can create onscreen betting buttons in HUD (for any % of pot) and click them by mouse. You can use them with default 888 betting keys or instead of them.


I went to HUD.


I'm suppose to add panel? But after that, where do i put the 35, 45, 55 , 70 % bet sizing? I assume this isn't tag color range? I don't see this in the instructions page...
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #285
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Can you tell me how i do the

You can create onscreen betting buttons in HUD (for any % of pot) and click them by mouse. You can use them with default 888 betting keys or instead of them.
You can watch it in this video (at 6:13). This video is for PartyCaption, but it works in a similar for 888Caption.
Also you can read about it on a site in HUD description (see Table panels / OnClick).

How to make a 35% custom bet button:
1. Turn on 'HUD / Active'
2. Click 'Add panel' in Table panels section.
3. Enter '35%' to Format string.
4. Choose 'Bet in pot %' from OnClick dropdown list.
5. Enter 0.35 to the edit box below.

You can move this button by right mouse button (then HUD / Lock HUD is disabled). You can set any font / font color / background color for it.
Also you can add additional tags to Format string. You can set it to
35%[postflop][heroAct]
and it will be visible at your turn on the postflop only. You can add these tags by Add tag button.

'Betscript / Use Pot Bet formula in a raise size calculations' option is affects the raise size calculation algorithm. If it enabled, it works in the same manner as a 888 betting buttons. Instead it is a simple share of pot (0.35*pot in this case).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #286
emil76
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
Re: 888Caption

playing snap on 888, hud (just country) is not working properly, just mixing up countries, I suppose is not just a matter of real time updating. On normal tables is working ok.
emil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #287
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil76 View Post
playing snap on 888, hud (just country) is not working properly, just mixing up countries, I suppose is not just a matter of real time updating. On normal tables is working ok.
Ok, I'll try to check it.
Which version of 888Caption do you use?
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #288
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil76 View Post
playing snap on 888, hud (just country) is not working properly, just mixing up countries, I suppose is not just a matter of real time updating. On normal tables is working ok.
Ok I found it (in 888Caption2).
I'll try to fix it in the next version.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #289
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAA View Post
You can watch it in this video (at 6:13). This video is for PartyCaption, but it works in a similar for 888Caption.
Also you can read about it on a site in HUD description (see Table panels / OnClick).

How to make a 35% custom bet button:
1. Turn on 'HUD / Active'
2. Click 'Add panel' in Table panels section.
3. Enter '35%' to Format string.
4. Choose 'Bet in pot %' from OnClick dropdown list.
5. Enter 0.35 to the edit box below.

You can move this button by right mouse button (then HUD / Lock HUD is disabled). You can set any font / font color / background color for it.
Also you can add additional tags to Format string. You can set it to
35%[postflop][heroAct]
and it will be visible at your turn on the postflop only. You can add these tags by Add tag button.

'Betscript / Use Pot Bet formula in a raise size calculations' option is affects the raise size calculation algorithm. If it enabled, it works in the same manner as a 888 betting buttons. Instead it is a simple share of pot (0.35*pot in this case).

Are you allowed to put 0.3333 as oppose to 0.33?


Where is the option to have an all in button?


do i check bet pot formula in a raise size calculation?


Do i check active on mouse wheel? I believe i had this option checked on tn and tableoptimizer with 0.5 sb?


I'm not sure where do i show the BB in big bold letters like TO and TN... I saw your post but i didn't want like the amt of chips to be converted to BB. Like for example i use HEM2 and i have the amount of BB in one of the lines. However, i usually have my BB stack in big bold letters in the top left corner on the table. Font is like 20 or so and big bold so i could see how much bb i have on each table easier than looking at the BB i have for me in my HEM2 hud. Can i do this? This BB in bold letters is only for me... not anyone else... In TO.. its panel start... then stack in BB... Is this stack in BB? And if so, do i put this in table panel or player panel? In TO... its under table panel.


So i will have those 4 betting amounts that i put... then right under it... have stack in BB? I would want to move this to top left corner...



Thanks.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:31 AM   #290
woolly
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,043
Re: 888Caption

Hello

I'm using 888Caption2 with 888. Is there a way to modify the player notes? I am looking to expand the notes to something similar to what partycaption was capable of:

woolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #291
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Are you allowed to put 0.3333 as oppose to 0.33?
Yes, you can use any value.

Quote:
Where is the option to have an all in button?
You can configure any big bet (eg 1000bb) and it will work as allin.

Quote:
do i check bet pot formula in a raise size calculation?
formula:
g = a / (2*a + 1)
x = [g * (pot - lcpip - mcpip) + lcpip] / [1 - 2*g]

pot - current pot size
lcpip - last raise size on a current street
mcpip - bet/call size of hero on a current street
a - bet sizing (1 for bet pot, 0.5 for half bet pot, etc)
x - result

Quote:
Do i check active on mouse wheel? I believe i had this option checked on tn and tableoptimizer with 0.5 sb?
Hotkeys/ Mouse wheel

You can use any value for Mouse wheel up / wheel down (different values can be used), in bb or in $. For postflop it also can be configured in % of pot.

Quote:
This BB in bold letters is only for me... not anyone else...
You can create HUD panel in Player panels with [stack_bb] tag and move all opponent panels over the edge of the table (by right mouse button), so you can see only your bb stack panel after it. You can choose any font for this panel (any size + bold, any color). And you can move it to any place on the table by right mouse button.
Also you can try [effStack_bb] in Table banels.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #292
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolly View Post
Hello

I'm using 888Caption2 with 888. Is there a way to modify the player notes? I am looking to expand the notes to something similar to what partycaption was capable of:

Hi
Yes, there are many layouts with big notes available. You can use a this one, it's free:
The Same Layout 2.0
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:20 AM   #293
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: 888Caption

Does anyone here have picture of their betting script on where is best place to put them on the screen for 9 max table and 6 max table?

Last edited by PaulyJames200x; 01-05-2016 at 01:32 AM.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:28 AM   #294
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: 888Caption

I am inputting settings on partycaption similar to 888caption.


Also why is there so many things already inputed into table panels on partycaption like total pot and about 10 more other things? 888caption didn't have any of this.


For some reason i cannot have the amount of BB shown on partypoker is incorrect.


I did notice the align for everything on partypoker is on the center as oppose to left on 888caption...


I assume that has nothing to do with this?


Am i suppose to erase everything that is in the table panels? So that the reason why im having this issue?

Last edited by PaulyJames200x; 01-05-2016 at 02:44 AM.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #295
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: PartyCaption

Quote:
Also why is there so many things already inputed into table panels on partycaption like total pot and about 10 more other things? 888caption didn't have any of this.
They are for example only, you can delete them or turn off 'Visible' for them.

Quote:
For some reason i cannot have the amount of BB shown on partypoker is incorrect.
Check 'run as admin' in the poker client shortcut (and in Caption shortcut too).
Can I see a table with the problem and your settings?

Quote:
I did notice the align for everything on partypoker is on the center as oppose to left on 888caption...
It is for several pre-created panels only. Any new panel has Left alignment.

Quote:
Am i suppose to erase everything that is in the table panels? So that the reason why im having this issue?
Yes you can click 'Delete panel' several times to erase all. There are example panels only.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #296
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
I am inputting settings on partycaption similar to 888caption.


Also why is there so many things already inputed into table panels on partycaption like total pot and about 10 more other things? 888caption didn't have any of this.


For some reason i cannot have the amount of BB shown on partypoker is incorrect.


I did notice the align for everything on partypoker is on the center as oppose to left on 888caption...


I assume that has nothing to do with this?


Am i suppose to erase everything that is in the table panels? So that the reason why im having this issue?
Answered here (in PartyCaption's thread).
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #297
alexfrans
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 187
Re: 888Caption

Does 888caption have an option to jump the mouse pointer too the active table that needs attention.

Can't find it.


Sent from my GT-I9195 using 2+2 Forums
alexfrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:36 AM   #298
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: PartyCaption

When you say run as admit for partypoker and caption, do you mean right click and run as admin each time? Or you could do something with the settings then each time you can just left click it like normal?


Those things inputed into table panels, do most ppl remove those?


Is there a reason why there are all those stuff in partypoker whereas 888 has none of it which makes it look better?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:37 AM   #299
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,777
Re: PartyCaption

How do i show you a table with the problem and my settings?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #300
LikeAA
adept
 
LikeAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 998
Re: 888Caption

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfrans View Post
Does 888caption have an option to jump the mouse pointer too the active table that needs attention.

Can't find it.


Sent from my GT-I9195 using 2+2 Forums
Sorry, no. Maybe I'll do it in future versions.
LikeAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online