Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #76
bagataway
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vegas Baby Vegas
Posts: 72
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Recieved
---------
Bandin 2%
Fritzy 5%

Reserved and awaiting payment
-----------
Deezie 1%
10% reserved

Remaining
---------
52%
bagataway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #77
g0lfnp0k3r
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: pokerstars
Posts: 39
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Hi, this is my first time posting and i can't find how to start a thread or whatever to try an get staked.
Anyway i'm kelvinator66 on coral/eurobet, sharkscope me. for an even better glimpse for certain roi or av profit stuff (my best looking one which normal sharkscope searches can't find) go to www.pokerprolabs.com then click top shark and type my name in. Then put $100 stakes under the 9 to 45 men tourneys or something. and turbo i think not sure, i cant remember. anyway its something like av profit of $10 or shark lol. highest possible ranking (ace with 5 stars)
if you're up for staking me let me know.
ermm, i'm not subscribed to sharkscope for unlimited searches or whatever it is so i'll have trouble doing the advanced searches . i dont know i'm new to this. Cheers.
g0lfnp0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #78
g0lfnp0k3r
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: pokerstars
Posts: 39
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

i play pokerstars too mainly played micro there. hotdog195.
g0lfnp0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #79
g0lfnp0k3r
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: pokerstars
Posts: 39
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

damn keep forgetting to write summit. i was top of 180 man $2 leaderboard like 3 or 4 times i dont even know lol i wasnt counting. shame i didnt carry on til end of year to try an keep title but started putting more volume in other "leaderboard sections" and mtts etc.
g0lfnp0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #80
CaseAceJ
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 66
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernythrills View Post
Nope.

"Selling 50% of my action" means the player pays for 50% of the buy-ins themselves and sells off the other 50% to backers (with profits split 50/50). In deals like this, a mark-up can be charged on the shares that are being sold.

"You stake me and we'll split 50/50" means the backers pay for 100% of the buy-ins (and the profits are split 50/50).
Are the days of the backer putting up the full amount and splitting 50/50 over now? It seems like charging markup isnt as good of a deal for the player.
CaseAceJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #81
greenman7
centurion
 
greenman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU
Posts: 132
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quick question...If you stake someone and you do not make a profit on the stake...do you receive the markup on the package back?
greenman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #82
shakedown
grinder
 
shakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 486
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman7 View Post
Quick question...If you stake someone and you do not make a profit on the stake...do you receive the markup on the package back?
No.
shakedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #83
Hammeru173
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammeru173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,709
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

I just reserved a stake for a UBOC package. The first tournament starts on August 18th. If not stated when is an acceptable time range to ship the money so that my money is not tied up and so that the player has a fair amount of time to find other stakes if something falls through?
Hammeru173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #84
Supernova_Elite
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,763
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Id say like 2-3 days before the event.
Supernova_Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #85
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseAceJ View Post
Are the days of the backer putting up the full amount and splitting 50/50 over now? It seems like charging markup isnt as good of a deal for the player.
but 'full buy in 50/50 split' is a HORRIBLE deal for the investor.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #86
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 11,001
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
but 'full buy in 50/50 split' is a HORRIBLE deal for the investor.
What's more usual if the horse is just a slight winner overall?
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #87
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
What's more usual if the horse is just a slight winner overall?
As per 2p2 style: slight to no markup.

Last edited by Bobo Fett; 09-02-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: makeup -> markup as per poster's request.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #88
Hammeru173
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammeru173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,709
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
As per 2p2 style: slight to no makeup.
What about if they don't post in two plus two style and give a percentage split for investor and player?

What is standard and a good percentage for the investor if he is putting up the entire buy in?

I have seen packages running from 80/20 investor split down to a 50/50

What should the investor be looking for to determine if an investment is profitable in packages with these kinds of staking deals?
Hammeru173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #89
Hammeru173
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammeru173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,709
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammeru173 View Post
What about if they don't post in two plus two style and give a percentage split for investor and player?

What is standard and a good percentage for the investor if he is putting up the entire buy in?

I have seen packages running from 80/20 investor split down to a 50/50

What should the investor be looking for to determine if an investment is profitable in packages with these kinds of staking deals?
This is how I personally think of this and please tell me if it is correct.

Example;
A player has a 40% ROI and is selling a package where you buy all of his action and he is asking for a split of all profits.

*If the split is 50/50 then you should expect a 20% return on investment long term (.4 x .5)

*If the split is 75/25 for the backer then you should expect a 30% return on investment long term (.4 x .75)

So if a players ROI is high enough a 50/50 split in not necessarily bad...

Thoughts on this?

*side note...as long as the player has a positive roi no matter how low of a percentage the backer gets the investment should still be positive (long term)

All this being said what are standard percentages and agreements in these kinds of deals?
Hammeru173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #90
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammeru173 View Post
This is how I personally think of this and please tell me if it is correct.

Example;
A player has a 40% ROI and is selling a package where you buy all of his action and he is asking for a split of all profits.

*If the split is 50/50 then you should expect a 20% return on investment long term (.4 x .5)

*If the split is 75/25 for the backer then you should expect a 30% return on investment long term (.4 x .75)

So if a players ROI is high enough a 50/50 split in not necessarily bad...

Thoughts on this?

*side note...as long as the player has a positive roi no matter how low of a percentage the backer gets the investment should still be positive (long term)

All this being said what are standard percentages and agreements in these kinds of deals?
80/20 type deals are harder to quantify because the investor typically gets 100% of winnings less then the buy in cost and 80% of profits. These deals change in value depending on the frequency that the player makes profit. 50/50 deals over a long term can be done because it's expected that the player hardly ever loses, but over only a handful of tournaments it's likely that the player does not profit and therefore you're not getting your 100% often enough for it to be a good deal.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #91
Pasterbator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pasterbator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: You're a location.
Posts: 10,241
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

I guess this is the best thread to post this hypothetical situation:

When I send money to a horse, I copy and paste their sn from their post so that I don't screw up the spelling ( L instead of i etc.)

What happens if the horse misspells their sn and I send money to the wrong account before they notice??? Assuming we cannot retrieve the money, would the horse be responsible for paying back the investors?
Pasterbator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #92
rje8686
Pooh-Bah
 
rje8686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nick Gaskin is a scammer
Posts: 3,603
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasterbator View Post
I guess this is the best thread to post this hypothetical situation:

When I send money to a horse, I copy and paste their sn from their post so that I don't screw up the spelling ( L instead of i etc.)

What happens if the horse misspells their sn and I send money to the wrong account before they notice??? Assuming we cannot retrieve the money, would the horse be responsible for paying back the investors?
Depends if they posted additional information like city and avatar type.

If they did then you are both to blame equally.

If they didnt then they are to blame.
rje8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #93
Zima421
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Zima421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,884
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasterbator View Post
I guess this is the best thread to post this hypothetical situation:

When I send money to a horse, I copy and paste their sn from their post so that I don't screw up the spelling ( L instead of i etc.)

What happens if the horse misspells their sn and I send money to the wrong account before they notice??? Assuming we cannot retrieve the money, would the horse be responsible for paying back the investors?
if you copy paste what they write, cant see how you are to blame.


should def double check letter of city/avatar/location though.
Zima421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #94
KingKovacs
old hand
 
KingKovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,206
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

This is an excellent guide.
KingKovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #95
skelm
veteran
 
skelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,449
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

I think it should be added to the sticky that you should mention if you're offering stakeback or not - Thoughts?
skelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #96
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelm View Post
I think it should be added to the sticky that you should mention if you're offering stakeback or not - Thoughts?
2p2 share selling doesn't do stakeback, so if you are posting in standard 2p2 style, it never needs to be mentioned.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #97
skelm
veteran
 
skelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,449
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
2p2 share selling doesn't do stakeback, so if you are posting in standard 2p2 style, it never needs to be mentioned.
Makes sense. New to the whole experience so appreciate it.
skelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #98
boozeorlose
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 738
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

what is the standard assumed player/backer cut on this site...?
boozeorlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #99
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozeorlose View Post
what is the standard assumed player/backer cut on this site...?
This site doesn't use player/backer cut. Please read this thread as your question is probably more fully answered.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #100
Zima421
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Zima421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,884
Re: *** A Guide to Staking / Being Staked for MTT Players ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozeorlose View Post
what is the standard assumed player/backer cut on this site...?
quite different if you are talking short term, or long term.


or if selling pieces/with or without MU/etc etc
Zima421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online