Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions***

04-17-2012 , 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckonar
So that would be reason to back me in 5k WPT then? slow 5 day structure.
Nothing compares to the main event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckonar
Yes it was MK. What makes you say he didn't do well. He had a chunk of Pius didn't he? That should put him in black alone. I think he had 2 Milly invested or so last summer.
iirc he had a horrible summer wrt prelims

Edit: and whether or not anything you wrote about cash players is true, I'm not the person you need to convince, and the general marketplace hasn't been very willing to take chances.

Last edited by DoGGz; 04-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-17-2012 , 07:58 PM
haha thanks, I am not trying to convince you, trying to discuss and learn and debate. You seemed to be willing to do so throughout the thread so i pinpointed you, I actually am hoping others join in. There are a lot of people that are unsure and are not getting feedback and thus the MP is a mess.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-17-2012 , 07:58 PM
with my recent small tourney cash, what do you think is a reasonable MU for
1) $5k WPT jville (70%)
2) $1650 WSOPC new orleans ME (50%)
3) WSOP $10k ME (70%)
4) WSOP $1500k NL event (50%)

Also, do you think an even money sell is +ev to an investor?[/QUOTE]


what are your thoughts on these questions?
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-17-2012 , 08:02 PM
I don't know about MU, but any good player will be +ev in all 4 of those.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-18-2012 , 11:43 AM
I would like to create a thread but don't probably have permission to do so.

Guys, when sending paypal payments, NEVER....I mean NEEEEEVER put in notes in there about the action. Paypal will potentially (IF they monitor it and depending on what it says) shut down your account. I am a member on another forum and have known people there that this has happened to. They can flag accounts for putting in certain words or phrases in the notes like raffle, squares, action, score, sports game, money owed, etc...just an fyi that this might want to be put in as part of a sticky. I have been investing for the last week and a half and I already have received 3 notes with payments. There is no need to put in any notes, I keep track of money owed. Sorry just had to vent and want to make others aware since I see paypal used on here enough.

Matt
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-19-2012 , 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010
Sorry guys, marketplace noob here...it seems like the vast majority of packages I have seen are for MTTs, is this the correct forum to sell a cash package for?
Anyone?
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-19-2012 , 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010
Anyone?
Think you have to try sell that in the staking thread :
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/135/staking/
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-19-2012 , 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckonar
haha thanks, I am not trying to convince you, trying to discuss and learn and debate. You seemed to be willing to do so throughout the thread so i pinpointed you, I actually am hoping others join in. There are a lot of people that are unsure and are not getting feedback and thus the MP is a mess.
I have to disagree with you, MP is not a mess. We enjoy buying shares of our horses and everyone is trustworthy. I know I personally and know some other guys read everything in the MP. If you haven't gotten feedback its because there is no confidence with investing in you brother. We do a lot of research on people selling shares, however most people selling share help this process by providing some solid stats (opr, hendenmob, sharkscope, references....something). We can't just take your word that you have nice scores playing live with no proof. So please refrain from making assumptions of the MP when you have failed to do your part. Thank you.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-21-2012 , 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM27
I have to disagree with you, MP is not a mess. We enjoy buying shares of our horses and everyone is trustworthy. I know I personally and know some other guys read everything in the MP. If you haven't gotten feedback its because there is no confidence with investing in you brother. We do a lot of research on people selling shares, however most people selling share help this process by providing some solid stats (opr, hendenmob, sharkscope, references....something). We can't just take your word that you have nice scores playing live with no proof. So please refrain from making assumptions of the MP when you have failed to do your part. Thank you.
That was based on the thread, "the current state of the MP" in which many people state the MP is a mess, due to clutter/dead threads such as mine. And I, as well as others, think that feedback, even harsh ones like yours, are necessary for players who don't always fit the mold or know what to do. As far as the MP, I was not trying to bash it, it is a amazing tool that I am obviously trying to utilize. I just think that it can be more efficient/clear (and so do others). It is not news to me that investors like yourself pour over every thread, I guess I just agree with those that think some feedback could be given by investors when they view threads and pass. In my case I am openly asking for it.

To be specific, my thread included links to online stats, posts of HEM graphs, references, but did not have Live results because the few scores I have had are not tracked anywhere (not yet at least).
When you say I have failed to do my part/no confidence, THAT is the exact type of comments and feedback I want someone exactly like you to post here, and I feel others need as well (and I thank you for it). It is very helpful for me to know that is what comes across when reading my BAP. I feel a bit lost because I CANT provide a Hendon Mob yet, and my OPR is mostly MTT's from years ago before I was pro or big tourneys I satellited into. Since my success has come from cash games, it puts me in a strange position, and save for playing a few small tournaments and getting some scores posted as Dogg recommended, I am at a loss for how to get back to having my shares bought, or how best to fix the lack of confidence with the tools I have; which was the premise of my posts ITT. It is not like I bring nothing to the table... I have a very consistent, desirable, uptrending graph and winrate in cash games. I have a bank roll. I have a real job and a Masters degree. I think there is a lot of value in investing me, I just am not sure how to sell it with what info I have. .

I would like to hear your thoughts why specifically you as an investor have no confidence in my info, posts, etc... What is the biggest problems, and what do you think I should do knowing a little more of my background info? I have no H Mob, no SS, I think I could have posted my OPR and my PTR, is their anything else that stands out to you? Thanks for taking the time to post. Look forward to your any anyone's thoughts.

Last edited by reckonar; 04-21-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Also just caught this, I was reffering to Live MP , not online. My fault on that didnt realize this was in online forum!
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-21-2012 , 06:07 PM
You have no tournament results. Most buyers aren't interested in buying from people without proven results. There's nothing you can do to change that.

Like I said, try selling action into smaller events and you might find people are more willing to gamble on your ability as a cash game player.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
04-23-2012 , 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
You have no tournament results. Most buyers aren't interested in buying from people without proven results. There's nothing you can do to change that.

Like I said, try selling action into smaller events and you might find people are more willing to gamble on your ability as a cash game player.
Yup, definitely planning on heeding that advice Dogg, thanks. I also can buy into smaller tourneys on my own and grind those out as well. as long as they are posted in Hendon Mob, they will help me out.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
05-15-2012 , 08:34 AM
it's not letting me create a new thread can anyone help?
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
05-15-2012 , 12:03 PM
Read the sticky. You cannot make threads here.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
05-23-2012 , 05:37 AM
Hello I'm new here, but i saw RPM on a topic, what does it means?

What is RPM?
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
05-23-2012 , 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximNL
Hello I'm new here, but i saw RPM on a topic, what does it means?

What is RPM?
It means he is playing or staking on RPM poker.

The site even has its own sub-forum in on 2+2, if you're interested.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/143/rpm-poker/
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
05-29-2012 , 11:09 PM
Originally posted in another thread that gtpitch agreed that the deal was off but just to make sure here it is again.

Hello I am looking for some advice regarding selling a LSOP Lima, Peru package. A guy who I was dealing with agreed upon a price of $600. I spoke to him on Saturday Night US eastern. We agreed to discuss the deal further on either Sunday or Monday however he has not communicated for the past three days.

I have uploaded three images that have our entire conversation that we had and the recent messages that he has not responded to. He has also not responded to any of my 2+2 recent private messages. I can see him going from "away" and "online" on his Skype so I assume he is there.

He claims that he was going to book the plain tickets and "stuff" so he wished that I would not back out. I have given him an ultimatum of contacting me by tonight 12am Eastern tonight. I just want to assure that I no longer have any obligation to deal with him. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cliffs: A deal was agreed upon. Guy does not contact me for 3 days. Deal is off?

http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_348lo.jpg#
http://img246.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_169lo.jpg#
http://img294.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_175lo.jpg#
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-02-2012 , 10:40 PM
i can't get on to my regular 2+2 account i used to use day to day in the past (since downtime), is there anyway i can transfer privileges over to this account?
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-02-2012 , 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabracada
i can't get on to my regular 2+2 account i used to use day to day in the past (since downtime), is there anyway i can transfer privileges over to this account?
Have you tried to get your old account back?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/55...-post-1198491/

Seems like the best option.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-09-2012 , 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtOfDegeneracy
How is it when someone questions an investment in the thread they are selling shares that you get attacked instantly by people saying "omfg stop killing ppls action go away etc" for just speaking your opinion? Is it not a free market? It is absurd how people defend the -ev investment because they think it is rude/unethical to "kill someones action. I am sure this happens quite often.

This thread for example: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...14/index2.html

This package is absurdly -ev for any investors and me + another poster make a comment about how he doesn't have the results to warrant it (let alone charge mu) and get attacked for "killing someones action". I was not rude, at all I just pointed out the facts and remained posting in a classy manor. I realize it is only a few posts, but I have lurked 2p2 for a while and have seen this happen all the time. It is a free market, how is questioning the ev of an investment a bad thing to do publicly?
I disagree. This is your first post in the selling thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtOfDegeneracy
wow unreal thread, this even selling is lol, but charging make up is just absurd. How can you charge makeup in mid/hs tournaments? Yah its sunday games they are still not easy, espically the 109r40k. You Dont ahve the results to even sell this without make up imo.

325 mtts played with one big score, really?

And idc idc that im "killing someones action" Its a free world Im just speaking my mind and alerting (although anyone with a brain can see my point) the market.

Not attacking you op just speaking the truth, GL with the hustle.
And you posted this after tommyg8 already questioned the sellers experience.

BTW: Makeup and Markup are different. And both are used frequently in staking. Don't mix them up.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-09-2012 , 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtOfDegeneracy
Oops sorry. And you are right, The first post was kind of rude.

But to the point, is it wrong to question an investment in their thread?
The following is only my opinion and I guess quite a few people will disagree.

If you see an investment that you consider really bad. Feel free to post, but keep your post short and polite. If another poster already made your point, let it go unless you have something new to add.

If you see an investment that you consider slightly negative. Use the PM function in case you are interested in investing at a cheaper rate, ignore it if you are not interested.

I'm a long time lurker myself and I think the regulars got tired of business threads turning into a long discussion about markup.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-13-2012 , 05:06 AM
Do people frown upon/less likely to buy pieces of people based on (for e.g) 70/30 with stake back, as appose to using the mark up method?

Is this method less/more acceptable over big volume or dependant on level of buy ins.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-14-2012 , 01:48 PM
Anyone? Posted this in two seperate places, and asked various people but can't get a definite answer.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-15-2012 , 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stim1986
Do people frown upon/less likely to buy pieces of people based on (for e.g) 70/30 with stake back, as appose to using the mark up method?

Is this method less/more acceptable over big volume or dependant on level of buy ins.
They are more likely to frown on it because it's a **** deal for the buyer. I'd do 85/15 for online tournaments if the seller had a reason for really needing a freeroll.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-21-2012 , 11:15 PM
Hey so i don't know where to put this so here seems okay.

Would there be any interest in a marketplace fantasy pool. Everyone pitches in 100 bucks, and in return gets 10,000 fantasy dollars to buy packages within the marketplace for a given month. Person that has the most money by the end of the month wins.

It would be great practise for new comers, and be a pretty fun sweat i think. 100 dollars seems like a fair price point with standard sng payouts, but i am open to different sizes. Only issue is how to keep track of the whole thing within some kind of spreadsheet.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote
06-24-2012 , 11:32 AM
Moderator Help please.

Before the hack of the site, I had an account for a long time (it was not marketplace approved), the account was -rush-. I no longer have access to the email associated with that account so I have had to create a new account here.

Now, I would like to sell shares, but this account obviously will not show membership of 6 months, and currently does not have PM abilities so I cannot PM you directly.

I am wondering if it's possible to get around this so I can apply for marketplace approved? Or if you can apply marketplace approved to my account somehow given my history. I can supply the email associated with the old account if you wanted some sort of test. Or am I simply just SOL for another 6 months?

Thanks for your help.
***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*** Quote

      
m