Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 AM   #751
tufat23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tufat23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: blog updated: 5/6/2011
Posts: 11,630
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

my main problem with staking forum right now is that everyone is kidding with the markup theyre selling at, especially live.
tufat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #752
George Lind III
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blogging
Posts: 3,751
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

ya that and the stealing $ problem
George Lind III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #753
Quad_me's
veteran
 
Quad_me's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deucegame's life coach
Posts: 3,061
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufat23 View Post
my main problem with staking forum right now is that everyone is kidding with the markup theyre selling at, especially live.
what do you think to be a good MU? use examples if you cant explain
Quad_me's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #754
bobboufl11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobboufl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,311
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

I think markup for normal tourneys should range from markdown/none to 1.3. Surely some could go for a little more but I feel like very few players who are selling shares are playing at their absolute best as most play best during/following a heater and people who sell are generally on a downswing. Lets say a mediocre HSMTT reg, myself for example. I'd charge roughly

1.3: Sunday Million, $24 ftp $11 stars

1.2 Fuper, 30 rebuy, Stars 109

1.1 2nd chance, 150 6 max, 50 rebuy

none 1k Monday, 100-200r, 2k FTOPS, non holdem games


I think there's like one level higher than me that could charge like .05 more and obviously some lower levels and players much playing that much better aren't selling here

The problem is there's some pretty damn good players selling but their schedules are like 50+% of the 1.1 and even tiers. The newbs just see sick player and assume he is worth 1.25 or 1.3 regardless of what it is. And being very good poker players I would expect the guys selling this to try to get as much as the market will pay.
bobboufl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #755
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobboufl11 View Post
The problem is there's some pretty damn good players selling but their schedules are like 50+% of the 1.1 and even tiers. The newbs just see sick player and assume he is worth 1.25 or 1.3 regardless of what it is. And being very good poker players I would expect the guys selling this to try to get as much as the market will pay.
If anything, there are only a handful of great players who sell action in the marketplace and heaps of money that wants a piece of them. It's supply/demand economics and it drives the profitability to near zero for many of the packages. I haven't bought any action recently because I got sick of scanning through the whole section without finding something I really wanted.

And the guys with an ROI below 20% trying to sell tough high stakes tournaments for 1.25+ are ridic...
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #756
bobboufl11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobboufl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,311
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

I'm actually curious if the going prices even encourage some guys to sell. If I improve and or run good in the future and get my ROIs to like 40% and stats+rep get me a lot of demand it'd be tough not to sell no matter what my bankroll is when I could likely get my ROI or maybe a little more in some tougher tourneys variance free
bobboufl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #757
tufat23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tufat23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: blog updated: 5/6/2011
Posts: 11,630
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_me's View Post
what do you think to be a good MU? use examples if you cant explain
basically what bobboufl11 said explains online and how people are charging super high markup.

live almost everyone needs to charge about 10% less to be real. just cos someone has live experience and beats poker in general, doesnt mean you arent purchasing a a fish at 1.25

Last edited by tufat23; 12-20-2010 at 06:45 AM.
tufat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #758
MasterWolf
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 159
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Hey could use some advice.

I tried to reserve action, dude played the set assuming I was in, he lost, I never sent, wants me to send my stake anyway. Not sure if that's normal. I have no problem paying, because I was intending to do so in the first place. It's just weird to pay for a stake I already know lost :P

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...markup-940330/
MasterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #759
bobboufl11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobboufl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,311
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

ya that thread looks like you were in. No one else bought your action and he almost definitely would have shipped you profits- buyin if he ended up +EV
bobboufl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #760
Dfa2001
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: marketplace
Posts: 830
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

So my roi looks bad on opr but I don't have that much mtt volume and such. I just recently ran nearly 80% roi at a micro mtt package. I feel that a player as experienced as I am should without a doubt defeat the players at mtts with buyins from $1-11. Is this enough to charge mark up, even if it's as little as 1.05 or 1.1?

A lot of people thought because my overall roi was 5% that I shouldn't charge mark up but that doesn't include many micro mtts, I mostly played higher buy ins.

Also was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to increase transfer limits. I just transfered about $200 to 8 different people and it says I must transfer before I can increase limits. This is on stars.

Last edited by Dfa2001; 12-22-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Dfa2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #761
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWolf View Post
Hey could use some advice.

I tried to reserve action, dude played the set assuming I was in, he lost, I never sent, wants me to send my stake anyway. Not sure if that's normal. I have no problem paying, because I was intending to do so in the first place. It's just weird to pay for a stake I already know lost :P

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...markup-940330/
imo it's res until his time limit for receiving.

his time limit for receiving xfer < start time of mtts also

disclaimer: unless he said anything that's different ITT, just skimmed. To confirm it's his responsibility to ensure all money is in before playing.
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 AM   #762
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_me's View Post
what do you think to be a good MU? use examples if you cant explain
good markup for seller is highest it sells at obv
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #763
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...yalose-943898/

too high mu
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #764
truesyalose
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 887
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter
TRUESYALOSE 649 $106 $109 63% $68,975 - 95 Cereus Sch. Only x
truesyalose 4,123 $30 $85 53% $124,261 Tilt 97 FullTilt Sch. Only x
truesyalose 4,550 -$1 $73 33% -$3,684 - 80 PokerStars Sch. Only


Care to explain? I wonder why you would post this.
truesyalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #765
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

From the opr links you posted: this year on ftp you have 5% roi in all games, over 2k games, on stars you have 11% roi in 2.5k games, then 43% and -13% in 2009. Fair enough 2008 was a really solid year, but it seems the rois aren't high enough to justify mu at the 1.2 level
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #766
truesyalose
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 887
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

this is the last I will comment on the matter, but it's funny that you have invested in me twice azan and made money both times yet now feel the need to call me out when the schedule I have listed for that package is definitely a better value than the two that you invested in.. Also, you conveniently leave out my stats on UB (where I have a win and a 3rd in the 200k in the past few months) as well as the fact that I did not include $500s or 109rs in this package and that it is a Sunday or the many other reasons why 1.2 is a bargain, especially compared to other packages that at higher markups with lower rois. I'm sure I invest just as much if not more than you on here too so I find it laughable that you chose my package to make your point. I also pay out the winnings immediately following my session and have been a trusted and winning player for the past 5 years including 6 figures again this year.


And loool at "fair enough 2008 was a solid year" - post those #s too. Or even better, watch me play and then let me know if I am a good investment or not. Anyway, I may have took offense to what you said but you need to look into the whole story before you call someone out.
truesyalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #767
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Naturally you want to defend yourself. It seems you value results from when the games were very different more than I do, each to his own. Also you're telling me that other packages are so much worse than yours, however I don't see how this makes yours more or less fair, even if it is the case.

I'm sure that the fact it's a Sunday and the tournaments you've picked will be noticed by investors as positive, however the facts on the ROIs for the last 24 months show that investing in this package over that time wouldn't have yielded the return most desire.

The reason I leave UB out is because it makes up just 1 or 2 of the mtts you sell each week and you have <700 mtts there. Namely just the 200k.
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #768
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

^^ pretty much the reason why it's pointless to call out packages.

If you went to the NYSE, one of the most efficient markets in the world, and bought 100 stocks, you'd have bought some stocks that were ridiculously overpriced. It's more then just checking ROIs on OPR to value a package and it will always be somewhat subjective.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #769
truesyalose
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 887
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

I guarantee If u filter by Sundays my roi is greater than 20% for whatever time period you feel best justifies your argument.. I know as well as anyone that results don't mean anything but you conveniently leave out the fact that I'm up at least 70k on Sundays this year(which is what the package is, no 500s,100r, 1ks) and you can't leave out one site when making your argument when I'm including that site in the package, doesn't take a genius to figure out you can put the numbers together to figure out roi across all sites!!!!!! Thx for letting me know how the games were different when I could win and I can't beat the games now!
truesyalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #770
bobboufl11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobboufl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,311
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azan View Post
seems like a fairly priced package
bobboufl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #771
tdomeski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 8,321
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

ya i don't get it azan. even if you feel that way why post it publicly? the thing sold out pretty quickly. if people make bad investments then they go broke quicker or quit the MP and you have a better chance of scooping up the packages that have a ton of value.

i guess you might think that posting that will influence people to drop their MUs in the future, but as long as stuff is selling there is 0% of that happening.
tdomeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #772
azan
banned
 
azan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: travelling the world
Posts: 821
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdomeski View Post
ya i don't get it azan. even if you feel that way why post it publicly? the thing sold out pretty quickly. if people make bad investments then they go broke quicker or quit the MP and you have a better chance of scooping up the packages that have a ton of value.

i guess you might think that posting that will influence people to drop their MUs in the future, but as long as stuff is selling there is 0% of that happening.
true true true
azan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #773
smarrigrotta
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 250
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommunizt View Post
I have a suggestion which is already implemented in other subforums of 2+2..

Why don't divide the Staking forums by stakes? Low/Medium/High or Low-Mid/High, just something that would bring some tidyness to the staking forums!

My 2%
this this this

This seems relatively easy to fix and would make the forums alot better.

Have the admins ever thought about this?
smarrigrotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #774
Suigin406
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Suigin406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: gogogo
Posts: 27,227
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

I know this is technically the thread for this kind of stuff, but let's move past this please, azan/trues. Not that there has been "bashing" and no one is at fault, per se, but the points are made at this point. Thanks.
Suigin406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #775
Suigin406
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Suigin406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: gogogo
Posts: 27,227
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for Selling Shares advice/questions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarrigrotta View Post
this this this

This seems relatively easy to fix and would make the forums alot better.

Have the admins ever thought about this?
If you've noticed, several sub-forums have appeared over the last year and I'm sure if there is enough pull for it, then it could happen.
Suigin406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive