Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #1951
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
LOL at the implication that Marty isn't a target if he uses the idol. Come on.

KEEPING THE IDOL DOES NOT MEAN HE AUTOMATICALLY GOES HOME, SO THIS IS ******ED.

But he IS playing with idiots. You're analyzing this from a vacuum, which is pointless. He felt, for whatever reason, he could not use the idol and still survive. He was right. They looked at KB as a bigger threat/hindrance/whatever, so how can you say it was luck when he wasn't their target? They could have booted him, and they didn't, so he obviously didn't NEED the idol in this particular instance.
He's still a target if he burns the idol. But he seems less threatening which might open doors for him. And still has a chance to refind an idol (which will have the benefit of stealth). And is still in a bad position with no allys even if he keeps the idol. Let's face it, he has no chance if he can't muster up some new 'friends' whether he has an idol or not.

If Marty was capable of soul reading that these kids would have both him and his idol dead to rights, but would instead elect to eliminate Kelly B, he wouldn't have been sitting in that TC not having any clue that Jane doesn't like him and Kelly B and Fabio should be aligned with him.

It's unfathomable what these kids did. I still have a hard time believing it. There is no way I'm going to credit a guy with knowing this could happen when he didn't know where anybody in the tribe stood. He can toy with the villiage idiot, but he can't get the social outcast on his team when she is all but begging to be 'picked up'. It was luck, KOS. Very inexplicable luck.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #1952
langer_rol
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 155
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
kart: I was referring to Danielle and Candice, although what you're saying re. Danielle makes sense. If Russell had suddenly become perfectly rational at F4 he would have realised that he was drawing dead and voted out Sandra so that Parv could get the cash (assuming he would prefer her over Jerri of course).
i've read a lot of interviews and listened to a lot of podcasts, and a lot of people claim that Jerri still would have won over Parv.
langer_rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #1953
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyk07 View Post
Are we still saying that Russell convincingly loses to Shambo/Jaison in Samoa and Candice/Danielle/whoever? in HvV? (he probably still does in HvV)

Which survivor winner do you guys think got away with being a massive douche? (as far as jury votes do) maybe Brian Heidik? .... who else?

They need to bring back F2, so the massive douches have a better chance to win if they drag along the right goat (it allowed Fairplay to come within the last tribal council of taking on the goat in the finals for a cool million)
Heidik was kind of slimey, but mostly behind the scenes. Of course, not so behind the scenes that he ran away with the victory against the goat. He still only won 4-3 against someone who actually was a massive douche.

Hatch romped naked to the finals and won 4-3 vs Kelly.

Maybe players should just try not to be such massive douches.

Last edited by Soncy; 10-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #1954
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenMile View Post
Chase doesn't think he's aligned with Benry, he had a confessional this week saying the only person in his tribe he trusts is NaOnka. Benry may or may not think he's aligned with Chase but if he's not braindead he's knows he's at the bottom of the totem pole in the Minority/PK alliance. Maybe it's a gamble, but oh well, he and Alina are both done if they don't pull it off, and there is some chance or rehabbing the relationship if it fails. Chase will DEFINITELY not pick Benry/Alina over brenda/sash. Benry may or may not trust Alina, but he literally has no choice but to trust her, because he has no one else besides Fabio maybe. He has no idea where Marty/Jill are going to fall on the other side, but certainly has no reason to believe they will be with him.

I also think Benry/Alina are going to be more convincing to Holly/Dan then Chase/Nay and that's assuming Chase/Nay even catch on. Dan will just be thrilled it's not him.
I didn't say that Chase thinks he is aligned with Benry. I said Benry thinks he is aligned with Chase. Chase had said that he trusts Brenda and Benry at TC back when La Flor was all Pubes. Benry wanted to 'make a decision together' with Chase when deciding whether to keep Shannon or Brenda. (Translation: tell me who we are keeping.) I'd point to these events as possibly misleading Benry to thinking he is in a decent position with Chase when he is not. I'd point to Benry and Alina continually thinking out loud that they are in such a good position with this tribe switch as evidence that they may, in fact, BE braindead. Verdict is out.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #1955
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,630
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I've watched almost every season of survivor and every season of Big Brother. Douches just don't usually win the money in most cases. Juries spite vote all the time. Todd and Hatch are good examples of douches who went out of their way to socialize and engage with everyone.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #1956
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Thumbs up 2nd Edition of Power Rankings!!!

Somewhat, Kind of, Semi, but technically (Un) Official Power Rankings:

Kos13, SavageTilt, Soncy, vyk07, and myself vote on a top 5. Pts values from 1-5 (15, 10, 7, 5, 3).

1. Sash (67)

UTR strategic power player in majority alliance with 2 other members with bigger targets on their back (Brenda + Chase) meaning that his potential deep-game threat is well disguised, good social game, taking a shot of convincing Marty to give him his idol next episode (SavageTilt)

2. Benry (38)

You can make a serious argument for Benry being #1, but he's here only because Sash has a steady alliance. Benry is quietly slimy and appears to at least sort of understand strategy beyond basic first-level thinking. (Kos13)

3. Brenda (37)

Chase is her dog and is improving matters for the group over at the other tribe. Naonka is a tight ally, and can't win. Jane is a willing pawn. Her alliance with Sash is good and bad. He's a strong member of the group, but she might not be able to beat him. (Soncy)

4. Marty (26)

Brenda wants to take 2 strong players to the end. Marty somehow is still in the game without playing an idol. Even against the numbers he will always have a chance to win this game. (Cash Mahne)

5. Chase (19)

sympathetic, physical deep-game threat in majority alliance with no enemies (vyk07)

Others Receiving Votes: Alina 5, Jill 3, Kelly 3
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #1957
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by langer_rol View Post
i've read a lot of interviews and listened to a lot of podcasts, and a lot of people claim that Jerri still would have won over Parv.
yeah, this. Jerri both played the best game and was the most well-liked by the jury (a big part of playing the best game). I honestly do think it could have been 9-0 Jerri with any other 2 villains (inc candice).
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #1958
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
yeah, this. Jerri both played the best game
bahahahah
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #1959
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
bahahahah
God I wish she had won so we could have seen the sick edit she would have gotten
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #1960
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
yeah, this. Jerri both played the best game and was the most well-liked by the jury (a big part of playing the best game). I honestly do think it could have been 9-0 Jerri with any other 2 villains (inc candice).
If best means sitting on her ass and riding coattails then yes, she played the best game. She did absolutely nothing strategically besides being a floater and not being annoying.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #1961
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
God I wish she had won so we could have seen the sick edit she would have gotten
Well Sandra won and we saw how ****** her edit was. Jerri's edit would've been like Natalie's. They would've shown her make some self realizations and how she has evolved as a survivor.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #1962
McBeef
Pooh-Bah
 
McBeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: frauduLINt
Posts: 5,156
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

chase is obv winning, no enemies is a huge +++, and he appears to have a brain

i don't think sash's plan is going to work at all either, marty isn't that ******ed but the target on his back makes it pretty unlikely he'll go super far imo, i mean how often do people who take serious early heat go on to win?

Last edited by McBeef; 10-21-2010 at 10:53 PM.
McBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #1963
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
God I wish she had won so we could have seen the sick edit she would have gotten
jerri was a plant


sandra was a plant

nathalie was a plant.

two of them won, they got better edits. It's not the other way around. They dont not-get-a-sick-edit because they didnt win, its the others that win that get the undeserving edits (lol @ trying to make sandra look smart... probably a bigger lol to those believing it I guess...)
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #1964
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Digger View Post
If best means sitting on her ass and riding coattails then yes, she played the best game. She did absolutely nothing strategically besides being a floater and not being annoying.
Well I don't want to rehash this argument, I spelled it out pretty clearly in the HvV thread, but if you watch the season again, every critical vote post-Tyson was decided by Jerri. She was certainly playing passively, but she ran the game.

Edit: When you have position on the clueless lagtard, you don't start arbitrarily shoving. You flat them and own them post flop.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #1965
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Well I don't want to rehash this argument, I spelled it out pretty clearly in the HvV thread, but if you watch the season again, every critical vote post-Tyson was decided by Jerri. She was certainly playing passively, but she ran the game.
Just one example of her running the game would be great.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #1966
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Digger View Post
Just one example of her running the game would be great.
Voting out Boston Rob, voting out Coach, voting out Danielle. All 3 of these critical votes were in Jerri's hands.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #1967
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

they were in her hands because everytime she was being used
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #1968
acethiest
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,902
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

No getting rid of marty who has an idol what a horrible decision. These kids are just way too paranoid about Kelly B. Kinda sad how they view her solely for her disability (I`ve worked with amputees in past).
acethiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #1969
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
they were in her hands because everytime she was being used
It doesn't work that way in survivor, that's the biggest thing you russellites don't understand about the game. It's about choosing your best options. I don't understand how you can say she was being used when all 3 of those votes (and every other vote she made) was in her best interest. Sure they helped other players as well, but that's just going to happen. The fact remains she saw her road to the win and followed it excellently.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #1970
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Voting out Boston Rob, voting out Coach, voting out Danielle. All 3 of these critical votes were in Jerri's hands.
These were all orchestrated by other people, but she played her part well.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #1971
CDCollector
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,148
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Voting out Boston Rob, voting out Coach, voting out Danielle. All 3 of these critical votes were in Jerri's hands.
Being dumbfoundedly caught in a swing vote situation is not the same as "running the game"
CDCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #1972
acethiest
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,902
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Also I can understand why marty didn`t use the idol. Brenda came at him so strong it made it look like they wanted him to use it but didn`t want him gone for real. As far as marty knew he thought he was safe so once brenda came at him it makes it look too obvious they want him to use it.

Marty is playing a great game, but lack of allies may hurt him too much.

I thought brenda was great too until she chose to vote out kelly b. Still though going to be hard for marty to hurt her. Would love to see marty brenda showdown at end.
acethiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #1973
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Okay, it's time for my Secret Scene ramblings. ***Warning, large block of text will follow. (but what's new?)

First, a shout out to the older ladies for dominating the somewhat lame challenge. Wish Yve would have won instead of Holly. Was very excited that Jill won because it kept hope alive for she and Marty. It was the highlight of their moves this week, but they miracled a continued existence with idol still in hand. I'll take it.

Kelly B seems to think that Brenda wanted her out because she did not want her on the jury because there is no way she would ever vote for her (barring a final two vs. Naonka). Possible, but still ******ed.

It was rough watching KB pine for Marty and Jill to pull her into their group. She had an easy in with them by simply bemoaning to them how poor her position was in her old tribe. Lob the ball into their court and see what develops. Or...just sit there and get voted out.

Jane embraced becoming yellow because 'there are yellows all over the place' and she figured she was safer joining their number. Closer to the truth is that she joined the yellows because they made her feel valuable and wanted while the blues (spear-headed by Marty and Jill) disregarded or ignored her altogether. Hey, KOS, this actually motivates people. For some, fitting in and being a valued member of the group is so attractive, they sort of prefer it to winning. Or perhaps, they don't have high hopes of winning and will settle for being treated with respect. It is a huge mistake to not realize that there are people like this, identify them, and act as the situation warrants. I think Brenda understands this. I think Marty does not.

Jane mentions not having money during her rant on resenting Marty and Co. Might have jury implications.

Kudos to Jane and Holly for risking a venture into the unknown in order to attempt to improve their position in the game. Ben, Alina, and Fabio could all take a note.

Naonka is really reaching for an opportunity to use the phrase "off the chain". She's saying she didn't have much a shot in that challenge because she has no experience digging in the sand with a paddle and flipping rings in her backpack...as if anyone does. Well, except for Coach, obv, but he's not on this season. Also, she's outplaying everyone..."well, if the challenge is cool enough."

I like Brenda's philosophy of 'friendship' first alliance second, and be open to everyone because you never know when you might need them. However, I'm not sure how open she was being to Marty at last TC.

I'm very concerned about Jill's secret scene where she said she and Marty knew they needed to get with two of the Pubes, but didn't know which two to get with. I know I've beat a dead horse on this issue, but are we really to believe that Fabio won't spill the entire bean pot with a little prompting from Marty? And Kelly B was pining over them. How hard could it be to feel those two out? Anyway, Jill also didn't feel personally on the block, but "now I really don't feel threatened". I hope she meant because she won immunity?

I think I understand why Marty could not be bothered to attempt to shore up some alliances. Apparently, he is too busy rehearsing various speeches.

Yve took getting voted out pretty hard in her Day After video. I admit I share her disgust with KOS's strategy of tote all the pathetic people as far as you can so you can slay them in the end. I think it's mandatory if you are an @$$hole, but I foolishly think I could beat all kinds of people (a trait I share with Russell, I guess). And I'm not only, not afraid of worthy opponents, I value them. I know, it's sick. And so -EV, but I can't help it. We all have our flaws. My primary concerns when evaluating my foes (especially early) would be their allignability with me vs. others, how much I can trust them, how difficult to get them to do things that benefit me more than them, etc. I wouldn't bother obsessing over the number of legs they have until much later in the game.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #1974
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
The fact remains she saw her road to the win and followed it excellently.
no, she let others decide her fate and it led her to 4th place.
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #1975
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
no, she let others decide her fate and it led her to 4th place.
+1

she went into her final vote like she went into all of those others you say she ran. russel telling her what the decision was and hoping he was telling the truth.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive