Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #751
McBeef
Pooh-Bah
 
McBeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: frauduLINt
Posts: 5,156
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

i think jimmy j will do pretty well, he seems pretty charasmatic. people don't become as successful as he is by being social tards, i doubt marty or whoever will get the support required to vote him off. the other jimmy (obv ******ed), mafia looking guy and some of the chicks seem more annoying and no more useful around camp / at challenges
McBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #752
SJUHawks
adept
 
SJUHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 732
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

JJ is gone within 3 eps, book it.
SJUHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #753
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeef View Post
i think jimmy j will do pretty well, he seems pretty charasmatic. people don't become as successful as he is by being social tards, i doubt marty or whoever will get the support required to vote him off. the other jimmy (obv ******ed), mafia looking guy and some of the chicks seem more annoying and no more useful around camp / at challenges
This is all moot, though, if they lose another challenge (especially if it's next episode). All the charisma in the world can't save a guy in his late 60s if his tribe is getting their asses kicked. I do think Jimmy could actually be a very good player, but he needs a few early breaks. His situation isn't unlike that of Cirie: surviving the early segment of the game is the hardest part. The problem he's going to run into is that he needs to be aligned with the "decision maker" of the tribe, which is probably Marty...a guy who said he wanted nothing to do with Jimmy.

I thought the young/old split would help Jimmy, but I think he'd actually benefit more from having young people on his team. If he could have swapped out Jill, Marty, and Jimmy T. for Shannon, Fabio/Chase, and NaOnka, I think he'd have been in pretty good shape. He would have had enough of a "time cushion" with the obvious Wendy and NaOnka boots to build an alliance, and he could have charmed the younger males (probable football fans) into making him a key cog in their alliance.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #754
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

That brings something to mind: what are the odds of a tribe swap this year? There wasn't one in Samoa or HvV, but the fact that the tribes are themed (to an extent) this season makes it more likely imo. If there is one it probably won't happen for another few episodes, but if JJ makes it that far, the scenario you're describing could happen.
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #755
cstone
Lesser of Two Evils
 
cstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fighting!
Posts: 2,958
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
That brings something to mind: what are the odds of a tribe swap this year? There wasn't one in Samoa or HvV, but the fact that the tribes are themed (to an extent) this season makes it more likely imo. If there is one it probably won't happen for another few episodes, but if JJ makes it that far, the scenario you're describing could happen.
The themed tribes basically always get swapped around when it doesn't involve returning players.
cstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #756
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Fans vs. Faves was an exception, but yes, that does seem to be the rule.
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #757
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
Fans vs. Faves was an exception, but yes, that does seem to be the rule.
They swapped on All-Stars too. HvV and Guatemala they did not.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #758
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I'm not sure you can really count Guatemala, but there was a tribal swap there as well. Good shout re. All Stars, I forgot about it. HvV seems to be the exception then.

Looking at Exile Island, Cook Islands and Fiji though, as cstone said, I think we can expect Nicaragua to follow the same pattern.

Also, Rob C's podcast (up later today apparently) will be full of Wendy-Jownage!
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #759
cstone
Lesser of Two Evils
 
cstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fighting!
Posts: 2,958
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
I'm not sure you can really count Guatemala, but there was a tribal swap there as well. Good shout re. All Stars, I forgot about it. HvV seems to be the exception then.

Looking at Exile Island, Cook Islands and Fiji though, as cstone said, I think we can expect Nicaragua to follow the same pattern.

Also, Rob C's podcast (up later today apparently) will be full of Wendy-Jownage!
they didnt swap on FvF
cstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #760
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Yes, they did. Airai and Malakal were shuffled around after a few episodes in a schoolyard pick with Natalie and Ozzy choosing people.

Rob C's podcast with Wendy-Jo is up: http://robhasawebsite.com/2010/09/21...ks-and-speaks/
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #761
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
Fans vs. Faves was an exception, but yes, that does seem to be the rule.
I really thought it said fans vs favres
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #762
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

can someone tell me if Cesternino's podcast is worth a listen? Just the Wendy ep
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #763
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

"you mean like spacebook?"
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #764
Spike Forehand
veteran
 
Spike Forehand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Snicker's Ditch or thereabouts
Posts: 2,162
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktorine View Post
Jimmy is right, the Jury is NEVER going to give him 1 million dollars.
A bitter, whiny (i.e. typical) Survivor jury would give JJ the money in a split second if their other options were people who blindsided them.
Spike Forehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #765
langer_rol
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 155
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash mahne View Post
can someone tell me if Cesternino's podcast is worth a listen? Just the Wendy ep
eh this particular episode is only 20 minutes and wendy's not that interesting to its probably missable... but the regular podcasts are awesome, im a big fan, some of the stuff they say makes me LOL

this is all speculation, no spoilers (I HATE SPOILERS) but this is how i think it's gonna go down.

matthew (sash), fabio, benry, chase and shannon as a solid 5... with kelly S as the expendable female on ur tribe. probably going to be a tribe switch after a couple of weeks. the younger guys will blindside jimmy johnson after looking him in the eyes and shaking his hand, crushing his hopes and dreams. someone will have a showmance with kelly S and brenda at the same time, without either of them knowing about the other. this leads to tension between the girls which will cause both of them to be voted off after drawing attention to themselves.

btw if u like tyson, u might have seen this before but if not its pretty funny heard of the "shake weight"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw

Tyson (from Tocantins, Heroes vs Villains) made his own workout version of it here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q7w4eXSL8A
langer_rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #766
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by langer_rol View Post
eh this particular episode is only 20 minutes and wendy's not that interesting to its probably missable... but the regular podcasts are awesome, im a big fan, some of the stuff they say makes me LOL

this is all speculation, no spoilers (I HATE SPOILERS) but this is how i think it's gonna go down.

matthew (sash), fabio, benry, chase and shannon as a solid 5... with kelly S as the expendable female on ur tribe. probably going to be a tribe switch after a couple of weeks. the younger guys will blindside jimmy johnson after looking him in the eyes and shaking his hand, crushing his hopes and dreams. someone will have a showmance with kelly S and brenda at the same time, without either of them knowing about the other. this leads to tension between the girls which will cause both of them to be voted off after drawing attention to themselves.

btw if u like tyson, u might have seen this before but if not its pretty funny heard of the "shake weight"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw

Tyson (from Tocantins, Heroes vs Villains) made his own workout version of it here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q7w4eXSL8A
great post and hilarious videos

nice job langer
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #767
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

FWIW, Kelly S. mentioned having a boyfriend somewhere (I think in one of the extra CBS videos), so I doubt she's up for a showmance...unless she's really a hardcore player, which would be awesome.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:15 AM   #768
Gary Wise
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gary Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the cusp of importance
Posts: 11,294
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJUHawks View Post
JJ is gone within 3 eps, book it.
I'll bet on this if you're serious.
Gary Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #769
hemstock
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,613
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

The music of the intro this season is the exact same as the one in borneo. Seems like they are doing a reset. 20 different themes up until now. I am a little dissapointed.
hemstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #770
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wise View Post
I'll bet on this if you're serious.
Can people pleeeeeeeease stop mentioning betting of any kind ITT? I just assume that anyone who is willing to bet money on Survivor has probably been spoiled, so merely offering this type of bet seems borderline spoiler-y to me. My apologies if you're not spoiled and just like JJ's chances, but if you're going to bet money on stuff, please do it via PM.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #771
langer_rol
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 155
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemstock View Post
The music of the intro this season is the exact same as the one in borneo. Seems like they are doing a reset. 20 different themes up until now. I am a little dissapointed.
i heard about this too... "inside information"... apparently the guy who composes the music had actually done up a completely new remix just for nicaragua. but at the last minute the top guy behind survivor Mark Burnett decided to opt for nostalgia and told them to use season 1's theme. i dont really agree with the decision but it is what it is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vyk07 View Post
great post and hilarious videos

nice job langer
haha thanks man... im a survivor nut, i love this ****
langer_rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #772
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

yeah i agree. the podcast with wendy wasnt very good. shes just a chatter box and i tuned her out. i usually really like robs podcasts though
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #773
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone View Post
they didnt swap on FvF
They definitely swapped on FvF. They drafted new tribes.

Edit: There were 2 vote offs from each tribe then they swapped.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #774
Gary Wise
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gary Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the cusp of importance
Posts: 11,294
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
Can people pleeeeeeeease stop mentioning betting of any kind ITT? I just assume that anyone who is willing to bet money on Survivor has probably been spoiled, so merely offering this type of bet seems borderline spoiler-y to me. My apologies if you're not spoiled and just like JJ's chances, but if you're going to bet money on stuff, please do it via PM.
not spoiled, just think he'll go far. Will continue to offer when I see betting opportunities I like.
Gary Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #775
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Either way, I just think it's better to keep it to PMs so innocent observers don't have to consider who might/might not be spoiled based on who is willing to bet money on events that have already happened. I apologize if I'm super paranoid, but...well, I am.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive