Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #4226
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
I think 5 of the people you named are above average intelligence. I think Dan is pretty slow and not too bright.
i think chase is really stupid. id pick dan in a mental challenge vs him
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #4227
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

im bored. soncy, kartinken, anyone else want to watch a survivor finale from a past season?
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 AM   #4228
boc4life
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
boc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: epicenter of east coast US poker
Posts: 6,910
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I just got home from the bars and am about to get high as a kite. Survivor finale sounds better than blowing off my bankroll, name a season.
boc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 AM   #4229
boc4life
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
boc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: epicenter of east coast US poker
Posts: 6,910
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Oh well, I chose S9 E8. God I love everything about Vanuatu, except for Scout.
boc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #4230
CCuster_911
You Only Live Once
 
CCuster_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ATX
Posts: 24,434
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
i think chase is really stupid. id pick dan in a mental challenge vs him
a lot of survivor "mental challenges" are not as much to do with overall intelligence but rather a smaller subset of intelligence. Like there are people who I would say are really smart but probably suck at a lot fo thsoie challenges, and people who are so are overall meh in intelligence who could fare pretty well...

Last edited by CCuster_911; 12-17-2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: also drunk as **** about to get high...luklz
CCuster_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #4231
treefiddy
old hand
 
treefiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Melbourne Currently: D.C.
Posts: 1,659
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Why female squirrels are so sex-crazed?

Promiscuous squirrels mate with up to 14 males a day
Why do they do it? They just can't say 'no,' scientists suggest


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40709072...lbar?gt1=43001


Last edited by treefiddy; 12-17-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: front page of MSN.com
treefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #4232
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 3,119
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Kart-

Do you care to comment on the fact that two people have now responded to your 100% wrong assertion that it was Chase who initiated the talk to oust Jane?

It is 100% verifiable from the footage they showed that it was Sash and Holly who approached Chase and not the other way around.

Do you understand now why people think that you're a troll? It's either that, or your mind is so warped that it remembers things exactly oppositely of how they went down.
Double Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #4233
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
im bored. soncy, kartinken, anyone else want to watch a survivor finale from a past season?
Sorry I fell asleep. I'm still game though :-P
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #4234
Spike Forehand
veteran
 
Spike Forehand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Snicker's Ditch or thereabouts
Posts: 2,162
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Heres my power rank for the final 5 as sent to Cash Mahne:

Sash - determined to win and capable of manipulating votes to get him his ideal F3. Question is will he pick the right two to take?

Holly - probably wins any final 3 that includes her. Will the others recognize that though?

Chase - may have enough votes to beat sash, but probably not Holly plus Sash.

Fabiola - challenge threat and UTR player has a shot.

Dan - Can't see a way for him to win.
Spike Forehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #4235
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
Kart-

Do you care to comment on the fact that two people have now responded to your 100% wrong assertion that it was Chase who initiated the talk to oust Jane?

It is 100% verifiable from the footage they showed that it was Sash and Holly who approached Chase and not the other way around.

Do you understand now why people think that you're a troll? It's either that, or your mind is so warped that it remembers things exactly oppositely of how they went down.
I didn't assert it was Chase's idea. I asserted that he made sure Jane knew it was Sash and Holly's which he did.

It seems to me that people think I am a troll because they don't read what I write. People misunderstand my points far more often than they seem to understand them. This is likely my fault as a poor communicator.

Edit: though what the footage actually shows is Sash acoming up witht he idea, Chase agreeing, then very intelligently getting Holly to state her position before he revealed theirs.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #4236
mlagoo
old fogey
 
mlagoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: confused
Posts: 19,223
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post
Heres my power rank for the final 5 as sent to Cash Mahne:

Sash - determined to win and capable of manipulating votes to get him his ideal F3. Question is will he pick the right two to take?

Holly - probably wins any final 3 that includes her. Will the others recognize that though?

Chase - may have enough votes to beat sash, but probably not Holly plus Sash.

Fabiola - challenge threat and UTR player has a shot.

Dan - Can't see a way for him to win.
weird. ive not actually broken down the jury vote by vote or anything, but my general impression is that sash is definitely a favorite to get more votes than chase. i predicted that there's a shakeup this time and holly gets recognized a jury threat and ousted, and then, if fabio doesnt win the final immunity challenge, they kick him out before tribal, and sash wins it. i hope it doesnt go down this way! but that's what i'm thinking is likely to happen. i pretty much think chase and dan are both drawing close to stone dead though, with the other three all drawing live (with holly being the strongest) if they make it to ftc.
mlagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #4237
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Much love to anyone who can PM me a link to where I can watch the finale live on Sunday, want to sweat it as it happens.

Predictions? I think the order (most potential jury votes to least potential jury votes) is Holly, Sash, Fabio, Chase, Dan. However, I'm not sure how much the controversy about Jane's mortgage affects Sash's standing with the jury; I could easily see NaOnka or Kelly deciding he's a 'bad person' or some ******** like that and voting for somebody else instead.

The preview shows Dan calling himself a threat and others calling him a threat. I can't see how that's true, and I will be shocked if he gets voted out before F3, but it seems like that might actually happen. If Fabio wins immunity at F5, Holly/Sash/Chase might stick together so that Fabio/Dan can't force a tie at F4 and remove one of them (presumably Holly, but if Holly goes at F5 Sash becomes the target). IMO:

Fabio wins F5 & F4 ICs: Fabio wins
Fabio wins F5 IC but not F4 IC: Holly wins
Fabio doesn't win F5 IC: Holly/Sash wins
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #4238
mlagoo
old fogey
 
mlagoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: confused
Posts: 19,223
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
However, I'm not sure how much the controversy about Jane's mortgage affects Sash's standing with the jury


i had forgotten about this
mlagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #4239
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Could Sash sue Jane for her dog farm if her comments are lies and it ends up costing him the million? Wouldn't CBS have cracked down on him if he actually made these comments? And wouldn't they have caught them on video?
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #4240
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

is it even against the rules of survivor? yau gave dreams a car and that was fine.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #4241
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,630
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

CBS is just hoping this thing goes away. It def makes me believe that Sash cant even eat Dan at te FTC though.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #4242
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
Could Sash sue Jane for her dog farm if her comments are lies and it ends up costing him the million? Wouldn't CBS have cracked down on him if he actually made these comments? And wouldn't they have caught them on video?
I'm pretty sure CBS has an airtight contract that makes it nearly impossible for a contestant to sue another contestant or CBS.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #4243
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

man, I'm rewatching Samoa. Russell was SO much better the first half of this season than anything that followed. Worst case of island fever ever?
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #4244
Zimmer4141
Wet
 
Zimmer4141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 32,645
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
is it even against the rules of survivor? yau gave dreams a car and that was fine.
I guess because that's an in-game prize and a unique situation that's different. CBS's contract says that there's no sharing of prize money but I think the car is not treated as prize money.
Zimmer4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #4245
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
is it even against the rules of survivor? yau gave dreams a car and that was fine.
giving up rewards has a very long history in Survivor. It's always been allowed.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #4246
Zurvan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Zurvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: On the front porch, yelling at kids
Posts: 35,245
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

To address the intelligence conversation from earlier:

I don't think Survivor casts anybody who is stupid. They do IQ tests on all the contestants, and I would bet money that being smart is a requirement to get on the show.

Dan is obviously an intelligent, successful businessman - he's just not good at Survivor. He's old, and probably very worn out, and that affects his ability to plan. He's not dumb, just not able to cope with the conditions.

Same with Fabio - I bet he's played up his goofball image on purpose. He has the perfect look/voice for people to write him off. Again, I don't think he's played a good strategic game - he's ended up on the wrong side too often - but he's not an idiot. He just plays one on TV.

To restate: nobody on Survivor is stupid. They might be oblivious, bad liars, bad at reading people, or just not good at planning well in the game, but I don't think there's anybody who's legitimately stupid.
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #4247
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 3,119
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
I didn't assert it was Chase's idea. I asserted that he made sure Jane knew it was Sash and Holly's which he did.

It seems to me that people think I am a troll because they don't read what I write. People misunderstand my points far more often than they seem to understand them. This is likely my fault as a poor communicator.

Edit: though what the footage actually shows is Sash acoming up witht he idea, Chase agreeing, then very intelligently getting Holly to state her position before he revealed theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Right, just like he wasn't smart enough to flip on Jane (while making it look like Sash and Holly's idea).

Kart, this second comment of yours deliberately communicates that you think it was Chase's idea. For Chase to flip on Jane and have it NOT be his idea has nothing with him being smart enough to flip, it makes him smart enough to have to go with his alliance because they want to flip. To say Chase was "smart" enough to flip you are absolutely saying that he initiated it. A person doesn't get credit for being smart enough for something that he is told.

Also, that second comment saying "making it look like Sash and Holly's idea" absolutely is you saying that you thought it was Chase's idea. As opposed to the first quote where you say he made sure Jane knew that it was Sash and Holly's idea. One implies that he spun the truth and other is saying he's exposing the truth.

Please take to heart your own assertion that you are a poor communicator (the most truthful thing you've ever said in any post) and make some kind of attempt to understand what you convey to us in your posts.
Double Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #4248
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Erik's elimination in Samoa was one of the most satisfying in Survivor history for me.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #4249
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 3,119
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

To restate: nobody on Survivor is stupid. They might be oblivious, bad liars, bad at reading people, or just not good at planning well in the game, but I don't think there's anybody who's legitimately stupid.
Agreed, although us having this conversation in of itself is pretty moot because there is no objective definition of "stupid" that can be applied to every person and label them as officially stupid or not stupid. It's a completely subjective descriptor.

That being said, considering how many stupid people there are in the world, (and going by my own ideas of stupid) I would say that there definitely have been plenty of those types on Survivor. I would say that there are certain qualities that color stupidity like obliviousness, ignorance, showing a lack of understanding of logic, strategy, or reason, being a poor critical thinker, being poor at puzzles, etc. All of which are also subjective and based on interpretation, so I will only say that in my own opinion, there have been a lot of stupid people on Survivor.

And yes, Boc, I know it's only based on the footage they've shown, and not the hundreds of hours of footage they decided to leave out showing Kelly P to be a strategic mastermind or NaOnka debating the merits of existentialism
with Chase.
Double Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #4250
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
Kart, this second comment of yours deliberately communicates that you think it was Chase's idea. For Chase to flip on Jane and have it NOT be his idea has nothing with him being smart enough to flip, it makes him smart enough to have to go with his alliance because they want to flip. To say Chase was "smart" enough to flip you are absolutely saying that he initiated it. A person doesn't get credit for being smart enough for something that he is told.

Also, that second comment saying "making it look like Sash and Holly's idea" absolutely is you saying that you thought it was Chase's idea. As opposed to the first quote where you say he made sure Jane knew that it was Sash and Holly's idea. One implies that he spun the truth and other is saying he's exposing the truth.

Please take to heart your own assertion that you are a poor communicator (the most truthful thing you've ever said in any post) and make some kind of attempt to understand what you convey to us in your posts.
I'm sorry I didn't communicate my point clearly, but it was clearly not deliberate. You saying it was is just you wanting me to be dumber and/or more antagonistic than I am.

The exact words I used mean the same thing, but I can't deny the first one appears to imply something different.

The most important point I was trying to make is Chase is not stupid.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive