Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #4101
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
why is Stephanie a douche?
Perhaps he's labeling her mediocre. Still wrong, in my opinion, but I admit I have an athlete crush on her body. A little jealous over here.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #4102
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
Perhaps he's labeling her mediocre. Still wrong, in my opinion, but I admit I have an athlete crush on her body. A little jealous over here.
Sure she was not great player but I sure didnt get any douche vibe from her. She seemed pretty nice on her seasons.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #4103
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
It's one or the other, I'm sure. Jane has had such a ridiculously favorable edit, though, that I think it's her. We've seen this "mediocre-to-douchey person gets insanely favorable edit" too many times: Rupert, James, Stephenie, Shambo, and now Jane. Plus, she "needs" the money...whatever that means. She'll win it even though she's a horrible person.
I disagree. She's had a middle of the road edit in my opinion. I did not think the Marty/Jane war painted her in a very favorable light (-). Her vindictiveness was over the top unwarranted.

She did well in a couple of endurance comps (+). And caught fish (+), but she also ate fish herself (+/-).

She looks like a bag/hag/gollum (-).

She said that she doesn't associate with villians while trying to team up with Naonka (-----).

She threw a hissy and dumped water on the fire when her number was up. (-)

I'd say for me, even though I give her some credit for a few positive things, her overall impression has been more negative than positive. I'll be really weirded out if she beats Fabio in a fan favorite vote.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #4104
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I meant it more as her being mediocre and getting a hero edit (like Shambo, who is also a very nice person). I don't particularly like Stephenie, but that's nothing a filet mignon pizza can't fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
I disagree. She's had a middle of the road edit in my opinion. I did not think the Marty/Jane war painted her in a very favorable light (-). Her vindictiveness was over the top unwarranted.

She did well in a couple of endurance comps (+). And caught fish (+), but she also ate fish herself (+/-).

She looks like a bag/hag/gollum (-).

She said that she doesn't associate with villians while trying to team up with Naonka (-----).

She threw a hissy and dumped water on the fire when her number was up. (-)

I'd say for me, even though I give her some credit for a few positive things, her overall impression has been more negative than positive. I'll be really weirded out if she beats Fabio in a fan favorite vote.
Okay, we have a gentleman's/gentlewoman's bet on Jane vs. Fabio. I really hope you win, but I don't have any faith in the average viewer. I think they'll love Jane because she plays with her heart, steals fish, could survive on her own, has a husband who just died, needs the money, etc. I'll be very surprised if it's not between her and Fabio, though.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #4105
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

lol kos straight making up how favorable he thinks the edit is... he's seen the uncut footage don't worry guise.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #4106
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Sure she was not great player but I sure didnt get any douche vibe from her. She seemed pretty nice on her seasons.
She got a hero edit for being a tough competitor in comps and so forth. Kos has very little respect for comps. And doesn't give a rip if a player seems pretty nice. In fact, he usually holds it against people.

(That last bit was a joke...sort of.)
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #4107
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
lol kos straight making up how favorable he thinks the edit is... he's seen the uncut footage don't worry guise.
So you think her edit has been negative? Uh, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
She got a hero edit for being a tough competitor in comps and so forth. Kos has very little respect for comps. And doesn't give a rip if a player seems pretty nice. In fact, he usually holds it against people.

(That last bit was a joke...sort of.)
I don't have a problem with her, I just think she's boring.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #4108
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
So you think her edit has been negative? Uh, okay.
No, I think you're making **** up. In fact, I'm certain you're making **** up. I'm taking no position on what her edit was exactly.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #4109
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I don't even know what you're talking about. What did I make up? The overall tone of her edit has been extremely positive. Even the bad stuff has been spun in a positive way (ex. eating the fish on her own was a happy scene).
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #4110
sufur
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sufur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,364
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
So you think her edit has been negative? Uh, okay.



I don't have a problem with her, I just think she's boring.
I don't really like randomly picking a couple posts and saying you're contradicting yourself, but I'll do it anyway... :P

wtf, you just said Jane is a horrible person. when did horrible become a synonym for boring?

People keep saying Jane has the hero edit, or whatever, but soncy just made a pretty good post supporting her assertion that jane's edit was neutral.
sufur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #4111
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

The reply to Soncy was about Stephenie...

And regarding Soncy's post, it's all about spin. No one will remember that she tried to align with NaOnka. They'll remember her ousting "evil" Marty, beating young kids in challenges, catching the fish and eating it herself (which was spun as positive), being poor, being a widow, etc. Marty confirmed that they haven't shown a ton of very negative aspects of her personality. They've edited her to be the new Shambo.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #4112
TheGreenMile
veteran
 
TheGreenMile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SAC-RA-MENTO!!
Posts: 2,109
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Marty who hated her confirmed it, that definitely makes it fact!!! Marty is definitely not even remotely delusional either.

Jane's edit has seemed slightly favorable, but not overwhelmingly positive by any stretch.
TheGreenMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #4113
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Marty doesn't hate Jane.

Whatever. If Jane hasn't had a positive edit, she shouldn't be anywhere near the top three in the fan vote, right? So if anyone wants to bet money on whether she's in the top three, let me know.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #4114
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I'd be absolutely shocked if Fabio didn't win fan favorite. It was kinda close before tonight but after Fabio cried and Jane went out as a sore loser it's locked up for Fabio. I wouldn't be surprised if Holly finished 2nd for fan favorite.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #4115
TheGreenMile
veteran
 
TheGreenMile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SAC-RA-MENTO!!
Posts: 2,109
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Jane's story is going to make her some one people pull for. The fact that she provided and held her own in challenges as a little old lady works in her favor big time. There are a lot of Janes that watch Survivor. Of course she will be popular. I'd be shocked if she wasn't in the top three. She HAS NOT received an overwhelmingly positive edit.

Last edited by TheGreenMile; 12-16-2010 at 01:37 AM.
TheGreenMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #4116
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Who do you think would finish in the top 3 of the fan vote if they made an unbiased edit? Jane being old and winning challenges is pretty inspiring to a lot of the voters.

Last edited by Ditch Digger; 12-16-2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: redundancy
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #4117
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
Marty doesn't hate Jane.

Whatever. If Jane hasn't had a positive edit, she shouldn't be anywhere near the top three in the fan vote, right? So if anyone wants to bet money on whether she's in the top three, let me know.
lol complete logic fail.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #4118
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

So your opinions are correct and cannot be unproven by the fan vote, yet my interpretation of her edit is automatically wrong no matter how much she's liked by the audience? Gotcha.

I assume you guys also thought Shambo's edit wasn't positive?

Last edited by K.O.S.; 12-16-2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: someone who reads Sucks and keeps up with their edgic stuff should confirm this for me
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #4119
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Your opinion isn't automatically wrong, it's just worth absolutely nothing as you're basing your opinion on, errr, absolutely nothing.

You aren't privy to what was dropped in the edit. You have no idea what type of person Jane actually is outside of the footage presented to you. I'm sure that plenty of people have gotten favorable and unfavorable edits. The idea that you have some special insight into what type of edits people are getting is just dumb.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #4120
TheGreenMile
veteran
 
TheGreenMile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SAC-RA-MENTO!!
Posts: 2,109
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

IMO, the most glaring positive edits off the top of my head: Rupert, Russell, Boston Rob, Rudy, Terry, Tom.

Stephenie forced their hand. She was the last person standing in her tribe. It had never happened before and the fact that she beat Bobby Jon who was a strong competitor in the fire making challenge... duh. It's a slam dunk. It's not an edit. There was no other way they could have edited Stephenie to make for a interesting story arc.

I think they probably made Shambo look a lot more fun and fancy free then the person she actually was out there(at least according to her bitter Galu tribe mates), but they made her look like an idiot plenty.

The show has a hard on for alpha males, generally speaking.
TheGreenMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #4121
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I'm basing it on Jane getting a very positive edit despite clearly being an emotional trainwreck who calls Marty a horrible father and hates people for lying to her/voting her out as if she's entitled to the money. Also, Marty saying that her introduction to him was, "I need the money, so please don't vote me out" is pretty disgusting (of course, I'm sure you'll say we can't believe Marty).

Last edited by K.O.S.; 12-16-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: and I don't know why you keep saying "insight" since this is 100% based on what's been shown and what other people have said
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #4122
TheGreenMile
veteran
 
TheGreenMile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SAC-RA-MENTO!!
Posts: 2,109
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

why is that disgusting?
TheGreenMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #4123
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
I'm basing it on Jane getting a very positive edit despite clearly being an emotional trainwreck who calls Marty a horrible father and hates people for lying to her/voting her out as if she's entitled to the money.
Wow, it's almost like these things were in the show? Yet some people still liked her, so the only explanation is a positive edit. If people just saw the Jane you saw (which is really what this is about), then the edit would be neutral.

lol this is ridiculous. I don't even like Jane.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #4124
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenMile View Post
why is that disgusting?
Because, as we saw tonight, she expects people to hand her the money. If they vote her out, they're evil liars for turning on her...in a game...for a million dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
Yet some people still liked her, so the only explanation is a positive edit.
Who likes her besides Chase and Holly?

Last edited by K.O.S.; 12-16-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: and even Holly is debatable tbh
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #4125
sufur
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sufur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,364
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
The reply to Soncy was about Stephenie...

And regarding Soncy's post, it's all about spin. No one will remember that she tried to align with NaOnka. They'll remember her ousting "evil" Marty, beating young kids in challenges, catching the fish and eating it herself (which was spun as positive), being poor, being a widow, etc. Marty confirmed that they haven't shown a ton of very negative aspects of her personality. They've edited her to be the new Shambo.
sorry

I now understand what you're saying, I'll agree, the way it appears on screen gives Jane a very good chance at winning the fan favorite. Don't get how you can be so sure an unedited version would be less likely to provide such an outcome...
sufur is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive