Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #326
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrandma18k View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmfJ...e=more_related

the female house!? i hope she's on again sometime. i've never seen her before but looks allstar worthy to me.
apparently corinne did have the 5th female villain spot on HvsV but she bailed because of her job, so they slid danielle from the heroes tribe to the villains tribe (i guess they thought she was interchangeable) and bumped candice up to get the remaining 5th female hero spot
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #327
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Gotta figure Corrine will be back at some point. The job thing sounded like a fluke/one-time thing, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her on S22 or S24. I'm far from a Corrine fan, but she's borderline evil, which is excellent TV. I'd gladly watch her over 90% of the female All-Star candidates.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #328
Steven_Q_Erkel
Pooh-Bah
 
Steven_Q_Erkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grooving with the eternal now.
Posts: 3,622
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I'd pay to watch a tribe full of useless ho-hum older women and Randy.
Steven_Q_Erkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #329
jonkeponke
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 398
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

favorite moments in survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsPd5PaI5xc

how shane was not on HvV i don't know.
jonkeponke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #330
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

How Cesternino wasn't on HvV i won't understand
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #331
PiotrekS
journeyman
 
PiotrekS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eastern Europe
Posts: 256
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash mahne View Post
How Cesternino wasn't on HvV i won't understand
check few pages back. He had a big feud with Probst a long time ago
PiotrekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #332
SavageTilt
veteran
 
SavageTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,137
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

IIRC Shane was going to be on unless they found someone suitable from Samoa (which obv they did). Cesternino apparently fell out with Probst at the Vanuatu afterparty (defending Fairplay?).

I'd have loved to see Rob C., Stephen, Corinne, Yau-Man, Fairplay and Kenny on HvV instead of Sugar, Rupert, Candice, Danielle etc. but whatcha gonna do...
SavageTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #333
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTilt View Post
IIRC Shane was going to be on unless they found someone suitable from Samoa (which obv they did). Cesternino apparently fell out with Probst at the Vanuatu afterparty (defending Fairplay?).

I'd have loved to see Rob C., Stephen, Corinne, Yau-Man, Fairplay and Kenny on HvV instead of Sugar, Rupert, Candice, Danielle etc. but whatcha gonna do...
Yea Cesternino defended Fairplay. It is sad that Probst doesn't like people like Cesternino and Fairplay, who should of been on HvV. Cesternino is one the best players to ever play
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #334
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I think you guys are overrating this Cesternino/Probst feud. The reason Cesternino wasn't on HvsV is most likely that they had too many players for five male villain slots, and he's already played twice. They had to bring back Russell and Coach, Mariano is more famous/popular than Cesternino, and the last two spots were between Randy, Tyson, and Shane...all were/would have been second timers. If any of those guys were women, they'd have been stone cold locks to make the cast. Men > women (sorry, Soncy).
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #335
Cardfish1
old hand
 
Cardfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,963
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
I think you guys are overrating this Cesternino/Probst feud. The reason Cesternino wasn't on HvsV is most likely that they had too many players for five male villain slots, and he's already played twice. They had to bring back Russell and Coach, Mariano is more famous/popular than Cesternino, and the last two spots were between Randy, Tyson, and Shane...all were/would have been second timers. If any of those guys were women, they'd have been stone cold locks to make the cast. Men > women (sorry, Soncy).
Rob C is the biggest hero of all time imo. You really think he would be cast as a villain?
Cardfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #336
zer0
Pooh-Bah
 
zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the internet!
Posts: 5,835
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfish1 View Post
Rob C is the biggest hero of all time imo. You really think he would be cast as a villain?
blindsides are generally "villain" moves, and rob turning on alex/jenna/heidi was a pretty big one.
zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #337
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

i don't think Tyson needed to be on the Villains over Cesternino.
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #338
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfish1 View Post
Rob C is the biggest hero of all time imo. You really think he would be cast as a villain?
villain for sure. He might be a hero to you because he dominates the game. If the tribe Cesternino would of gotten immunity when Cesternino got voted out, they would of merged and he would of dominated just like he did in S6.
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #339
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfish1 View Post
Rob C is the biggest hero of all time imo. You really think he would be cast as a villain?
Villain has pretty much become synonymous with "good player" in the same way that hero means "clueless when it comes to winning Survivor."
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #340
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
Villain has pretty much become synonymous with "good player" in the same way that hero means "clueless when it comes to winning Survivor."
Tom Westman seems like he knows how to play the game. I thought he did a pretty good job with the number against him in HvV.
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 AM   #341
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Well yeah, but people like Tom and JT are the exceptions. Most "heroes" are just likable (to the average idiot viewer) buffoons like Rupert. They want to play with honor and integrity, and it ends up costing them the game because they are unable to change directions when needed (and/or they don't have any type of strategy at all).
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #342
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
Well yeah, but people like Tom and JT are the exceptions. Most "heroes" are just likable (to the average idiot viewer) buffoons like Rupert. They want to play with honor and integrity, and it ends up costing them the game because they are unable to change directions when needed (and/or they don't have any type of strategy at all).
Comparing Rupert to Tom or JT in anyway is awful. Rupert is one of the worst players ever. He could of taken out Boston Rob in S8 and instead just let himself get voted off.

I always thought Colby had some decent game to himself and just got a bad edit in S8 and S20. But I am not sure on that since he seems like a person who couldn't or wouldn't flip.
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 PM   #343
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrandma18k View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmfJ...e=more_related

the female house!? i hope she's on again sometime. i've never seen her before but looks allstar worthy to me.
Corrine was one of my all time favorite contestants. She is definitely top 5 most entertaining. Sadly she couldn't keep her bitterness under control enough to be a great player, but I know I'd love hanging out with her.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #344
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
I think you guys are overrating this Cesternino/Probst feud. The reason Cesternino wasn't on HvsV is most likely that they had too many players for five male villain slots, and he's already played twice. They had to bring back Russell and Coach, Mariano is more famous/popular than Cesternino, and the last two spots were between Randy, Tyson, and Shane...all were/would have been second timers. If any of those guys were women, they'd have been stone cold locks to make the cast. Men > women (sorry, Soncy).
This is true in Survivor, but only because they are beyond terrible at casting women. It's sad that it's so rare that a truly great female is cast.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #345
boc4life
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
boc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: epicenter of east coast US poker
Posts: 6,910
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Don't forget... Cirie, one of the greatest strategic minds ever to play Survivor, was a hero AND a female.

"As long as it ain't me!"
boc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:02 PM   #346
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by boc4life View Post
Don't forget... Cirie, one of the greatest strategic minds ever to play Survivor, was a hero AND a female.

"As long as it ain't me!"
Good point, but it almost felt like an accident to me. I feel like they cast Cirie b/c she was a couch potato fish out of water, and she just randomly was one of the best all time.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #347
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Good point, but it almost felt like an accident to me. I feel like they cast Cirie b/c she was a couch potato fish out of water, and she just randomly was one of the best all time.
I agree but it is very possible that Cirie is the best women player ever besides Parvati... why cant S22 be Russell vs Parvati?
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #348
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash mahne View Post
I agree but it is very possible that Cirie is the best women player ever besides Parvati... why cant S22 be Russell vs Parvati?
I think they could have had better head to heads for sure, but Rob outright challenged Russell to this (perhaps at the behest of the producers) so they couldn't really do anyone else.

That being said I think everyone ITT knows which of the two I would remove if I could :-P
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #349
cash mahne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cash mahne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7,538
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
I think they could have had better head to heads for sure, but Rob outright challenged Russell to this (perhaps at the behest of the producers) so they couldn't really do anyone else.

That being said I think everyone ITT knows which of the two I would remove if I could :-P
Parvati/Russell vs Boston Rob... I just want to see Parvati play again.
cash mahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #350
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash mahne View Post
Parvati/Russell vs Boston Rob... I just want to see Parvati play again.
This brings up a cool topic. What head to head would people here most like to see?

For me it would probably be Parvati vs. Sandra. No bad blood here, but I would just have to see the 2 best go head to head.

In terms of resolving some fued, I guess Cesternino vs. Mariano, but their fued didn't have much heat to it.

I guess in terms of raw emotion it's hard to beat Rob vs Russell...

Edit: What am I thinking? Clearly the best head to head would be Shane vs Courtney the fire-dancer!
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive