Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #3251
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
she also threw away food. then they made fun of her. then she drown the shoes. she snap switched because it was her only play. she and jane were next on chopping block to marty and jill. her plays have really just been handed to her. you are just getting behind her because shes just the type of person you root for. under the radar woman who happen to make the right moves. no one could have played the best game of a season having drown some shoes. im sure this will come back and bite her
She wasn't even with Marty, Jill and Jane. I root for all sorts of players. My favorite all time is Boston Rob. I'm not even rooting for Holly other than I think she is playing the best game and most likely to win. The person I am rooting for is Fabio because he is awesome.

Edit: Keep in mind the person whose shoes she's drowned is now her complete pawn, if the edit is to be believed. She's playing very well since day 5, and I think it's pretty clear.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #3252
Carl_Spackler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Carl_Spackler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15,259
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Those wooden chests did a great job of keeping the fire going.
Carl_Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #3253
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchface View Post
Sash proved that he's nowhere near the elite group of players. Just really weird that he didn't give her the idol.
Giving Brenda the idol this week would have been a really bad play. He saves her for 1 week and then they both sit at the bottom of the tribe completely defenseless.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #3254
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

i havent seen dan being her pawn at all? i actually havent seen a conversation between them. i agree shes playing well. i was saying that before. but shes not some great player now. its just a pretty awful field of players and she lucked into the correct move. anyone who is drowning shoes because she is being made fun of cant be that smart. i really dont see how she is most likely to win. after next week it will be much easier to figuring out which way everything is going.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #3255
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

yeah keeping the idol for sash was the correct play imo
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #3256
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

ok my power rankings

1 Fabio. been likable the whole time out there. even discussed strategy with naonka tonight. no one has even brought up the possibility of writing his name down. the field really opened up for him with brenda gone.
2. ....... wow well really cant decide from here. everyone else has done something that in a nomral season you couldnt really come back from. i guess ill put Dan at 2 and holly at 3. dan hasnt been voted out yet, so no reason to think he will be now. dan has ties with the old woman maybe? and the younger guys. so it will be tough for anyone to try to take him down.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #3257
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Here are the rest of my picks and reasons:

9. Naonka - Racist jury, natch.
8. Kelly - lack of (clue) edit.
7. Dan - I think people like him, but $1600 alligator shoes are hard to overcome vs two other opponents. I think he'd beat Naonka heads up.
6. Chase - If people don't trust you, you are in a bad spot. I think he's in a bad spot.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #3258
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

I agree with Brenda's desire to remain calm, but once she found out she was a target, why not approach Jane and Holly 'all concerned' about all the guys banding together against them. Point out how Marty had almost swayed all the men to vote Jane out. A result they only avoided because she 'convinced Sash to come along with the women and vote out Marty instead'. Talk about how likable Benry and Fabio are and try to throw them under the bus repeatedly citing their votes against Jane at last TC.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #3259
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
I agree with Brenda's desire to remain calm, but once she found out she was a target, why not approach Jane and Holly 'all concerned' about all the guys banding together against them. Point out how Marty had almost swayed all the men to vote Jane out. A result they only avoided because she 'convinced Sash to come along with the women and vote out Marty instead'. Talk about how likable Benry and Fabio are and try to throw them under the bus repeatedly citing their votes against Jane at last TC.
Some people panic in silence. This would have been a great play.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #3260
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Why does everyone have Dan so high (and by high, I mean not in dead last)? If you've seen his secret scenes, it's clear he doesn't even care about winning. Everyone knows he doesn't need the money, too, and he's done absolutely nothing but float along and suck at challenges (which are often important for jurors when voting for floaters). I get that people like him, but it's not like he's JT where people are begging to hand him the money.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #3261
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

bitter jury. a lot of unlikable people is good for dan. dan, naonka, jane final 3. id ship danny boy the monies
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #3262
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

id have a hard time giving kelly purple or chase the money over dan too. kelly is like dan but with a functioning body. chase is a moron
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #3263
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
bitter jury. a lot of unlikable people is good for dan. dan, naonka, jane final 3. id ship danny boy the monies
Really? I was kind of under the impression Jane was a lock vs any 2, but had nearly no shot of getting there for that exact reason. Who do you expect to vote against Jane? She has the sob story, she's won 2 individual immunities so far, and everyone likes her except Marty who promised he'd vote for her at FTC.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #3264
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,798
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
bitter jury. a lot of unlikable people is good for dan. dan, naonka, jane final 3. id ship danny boy the monies
You might, but I think Dan gets fewer votes than NaOnka in that scenario, and Jane runs away with it. Of course, the scenario is pointless since they can't all get to the F3 together.

I feel like Dan is an older version of Mick. Who is going to vote for him? Marty is too much of a fan to vote for him, and he has no other friends. I just can't see him getting spite votes over the third player.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #3265
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartinken View Post
Really? I was kind of under the impression Jane was a lock vs any 2, but had nearly no shot of getting there for that exact reason. Who do you expect to vote against Jane? She has the sob story, she's won 2 individual immunities so far, and everyone likes her except Marty who promised he'd vote for her at FTC.
you really think jane is a lock vs any 2? thats just like bs to try and get someone voted out. the truth is i dont think fabio or bery liked her. i doubt marty would vote for jane over dan. i dont think alina liked anyone or cared about janes story. i dont think brenda or sash liked anyone.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #3266
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13 View Post
You might, but I think Dan gets fewer votes than NaOnka in that scenario, and Jane runs away with it. Of course, the scenario is pointless since they can't all get to the F3 together.
.
yeah oops. i was thinking as myself not as the jury. its too hard to tell where the jury will vote now. it will probably one of the most emotionally based votes we will see. i doubt naonka can win a vote vs anyone or even get any votes. she just backstabbed the only people who could stand her. but i still dont think people could like jane on the island. i really dislike her so i imagine the people must be just keeping there options open. like fabio looked like he was being so fake with her tonight. patting her on the back and hugging her. im sure benry doesnt like her by the way he laughed when marty made fun of her.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 AM   #3267
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
you really think jane is a lock vs any 2? thats just like bs to try and get someone voted out. the truth is i dont think fabio or bery liked her. i doubt marty would vote for jane over dan. i dont think alina liked anyone or cared about janes story. i dont think brenda or sash liked anyone.
That's all possibly true, but they haven't shown anything resembling any of that on the show. She seems to be extremely well liked from what we've been shown. I'm really having trouble figuring out a final 3 Jane is in where she loses by what we've seen this season. Maybe if Holly keeps control she can beat her, but I kind of doubt it.

I don't expect a bitter jury this season. Everyone seems to respect the game quite a bit.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #3268
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Who is going to vote out Dan though? We're past the stage of him not contributing to the strength of the tribe. From what can see, he plays a decent enough social game. You can only win if you're in the final 3. The way Dan's playing (or not playing), gives him that opportunity.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #3269
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

you can respect the game and still just easily vote for the person you like more. itd honestly be hard not to. if you like one person more then another and have a vote to decide which gets 1 million dollars. sure you want to give it to who played the best game but everyone who is at the ftc. made it to ftc, so they have a argument of why they should win. its just so easy to say in your head. ah sandra played the best game. she made it to the end and i like her. i will give her the vote. when itd be just as easy to do the same for parvarti if you like her.
VarianceMinefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #3270
kartinken
old hand
 
kartinken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: "I'm a villain?"
Posts: 1,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
you can respect the game and still just easily vote for the person you like more. itd honestly be hard not to. if you like one person more then another and have a vote to decide which gets 1 million dollars. sure you want to give it to who played the best game but everyone who is at the ftc. made it to ftc, so they have a argument of why they should win. its just so easy to say in your head. ah sandra played the best game. she made it to the end and i like her. i will give her the vote. when itd be just as easy to do the same for parvarti if you like her.
Yeah, I mean. I love the game, and I respect good play, but if I make a good friend out there along the lines of JT/Stephen, that person would be stupid to not try to put me on the jury b/c they are getting my vote regardless of any other factors.

That being said, it's unlikely I could become close friends with someone who wasn't playing a great game.
kartinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #3271
TheGreenMile
veteran
 
TheGreenMile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SAC-RA-MENTO!!
Posts: 2,109
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
you really think jane is a lock vs any 2? thats just like bs to try and get someone voted out. the truth is i dont think fabio or bery liked her. i doubt marty would vote for jane over dan. i dont think alina liked anyone or cared about janes story. i dont think brenda or sash liked anyone.
more then once i've heard Alina talk about how much she likes Jane. Once in ponderosa, once in her exit interview and some interview she calls her a badass. I also think Brenda and Sash genuinely like Jane.
TheGreenMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #3272
slanche
old hand
 
slanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hamburg-Valuetown
Posts: 1,588
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

wow, not a single on of them got how that reward challenge worked.
Put all four barrels in a row, bind the rope around it and start rolling, using the boards as "paddles"

Damn, Purple Kelly is so stupid. She doesn't get the game and surely she doesn't get life.
It seems like she was the only one who wasn't in the loop, apart from blindsided Brenda.

Fabio is playing a really good game right now. He's keeping a low profile. Obviously he threw this immunity challenge again. That puts a bigger target on Benry and Chase.

Crazy Holly starts playing the game, who would've thought. She did a good job in making NaOnka take the fall for this little scramble.

Even Sash voted for Brenda and it really seemed like Brenda expected the idol handed over there. Nice move, Sash.

I still believe it should be in ever ones best interest to take Dan and NaOnka to the FTC unless you're the one blindsiding everybody.

I hope Fabio takes it, but who would take him?
slanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #3273
Steven_Q_Erkel
Pooh-Bah
 
Steven_Q_Erkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grooving with the eternal now.
Posts: 3,622
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanche View Post
wow, not a single on of them got how that reward challenge worked.
Put all four barrels in a row, bind the rope around it and start rolling, using the boards as "paddles"


Damn, Purple Kelly is so stupid. She doesn't get the game and surely she doesn't get life.
It seems like she was the only one who wasn't in the loop, apart from blindsided Brenda.

Fabio is playing a really good game right now. He's keeping a low profile. Obviously he threw this immunity challenge again. That puts a bigger target on Benry and Chase.

Crazy Holly starts playing the game, who would've thought. She did a good job in making NaOnka take the fall for this little scramble.

Even Sash voted for Brenda and it really seemed like Brenda expected the idol handed over there. Nice move, Sash.

I still believe it should be in ever ones best interest to take Dan and NaOnka to the FTC unless you're the one blindsiding everybody.

I hope Fabio takes it, but who would take him?
Good luck with this.
Steven_Q_Erkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #3274
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
For sure Naonka is in a bad spot so why the heck not move forward with your friends? It's like Russell screwing Parv/Danielle out of the win all over. There is no one more worthless than her. Some people actually like Dan.

I think Chase knows about Holly, there was just nothing he could do about it.
Well I'd say her odds go up slightly if she somehow screws over her entire alliance and takes Kelly Purple and Dan to the finals instead of not receiving a vote in the finals vs Brenda/Sash. This is a big leap of faith since we all know Naonka is going to screw others over again. However, pretend she grew a survivor brain or Rob C was transplanted into her body. Making this "power' move eventhough it wasn't her idea was definitely in her best interests in winning the game.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #3275
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua

As much as I hated Jane during the Jane-Marty feud, I have to give her props. She's a pretty bad ass chic for her age and would most likely sweep the finals minus marty's vote.
Ditch Digger is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive