Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 01:17 AM   #51
sirswish6
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sirswish6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bed
Posts: 6,739
Re: Shameless Season 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
To me it seems like he was too eager to buy her out and the windfall is going to be much greater than 100k.
ya theres def some sort of scheme involved. i dont get why fiona didnt just go out and get another huge loan and start over. she paid back her last loan when ol slick bought her building i thought
sirswish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:53 AM   #52
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 84,744
Re: Shameless Season 9

Fiona invests 100k in some risky real estate development, some time later all of the zoning and such gets approved so it is going to pay off, then she gets back exactly 100k

lol
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #53
Sir Huntington
old hand
 
Sir Huntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,585
Re: Shameless Season 9

Tons of shows have dumb stuff like that just usually not that big so the show's plot can work. I say do whatever it takes to get Fiona off the show. She's been horrible ever since the laundry mat seasons so I'm happy just to get rid of her. I been enjoying the rest of the show.
Sir Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #54
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 42,096
Re: Shameless Season 9

Well it just proves she was super desperate and just wanted her cash. When you're working minimum wage and a recovering alcoholic and someone waves 100k at you even if its yours, you're gonna take it.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #55
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,548
Re: Shameless Season 9

ya, it was obvious she was giving up $ longterm, it's not like the show was trying to hide that. but in her situation the 100k right now was worth it.

there were reports a while ago that this was emmy rossum's last season, so knew she had to have some type of happy ending
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #56
DC11GTR
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DC11GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 13,593
Re: Shameless Season 9

They knew when there were only 2 eps left so they did what they had to do. Poorly, but still.
DC11GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #57
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,827
Re: Shameless Season 9

The show is terrible and the writers are mailing it in, but it still should have been easy to do a good Fiona goodbye. And yet. They say she's going to Al Anon but there's no mention of that having anything to do with her decision to take care of herself, which would have written itself but would have required more than like two meetings. And even then, her making a decision to detach with love would have looked different than her just disappearing and leaving a check on the fridge. Speaking of disappearing, she didn't say goodbye to V? Come on.

A lot of the acting is just bad too. Deb and Liam are not good. Shows with kids that go on for a long time have a tough problem: they hired the kids when it was not possible they could actually act, then had to keep them as they grew up and were required to get good at it. Very unpredictable. But Lip's babymama also sucks.
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #58
razorbacker
Pooh-Bah
 
razorbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DUNK CITY
Posts: 5,805
Re: Shameless Season 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
The show is terrible and the writers are mailing it in, but it still should have been easy to do a good Fiona goodbye. And yet. They say she's going to Al Anon but there's no mention of that having anything to do with her decision to take care of herself, which would have written itself but would have required more than like two meetings. And even then, her making a decision to detach with love would have looked different than her just disappearing and leaving a check on the fridge. Speaking of disappearing, she didn't say goodbye to V? Come on.

A lot of the acting is just bad too. Deb and Liam are not good. Shows with kids that go on for a long time have a tough problem: they hired the kids when it was not possible they could actually act, then had to keep them as they grew up and were required to get good at it. Very unpredictable. But Lip's babymama also sucks.
Carl getting emotional to Debbie may have been the worst acting Ive ever seen
razorbacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #59
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,827
Re: Shameless Season 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
Carl getting emotional to Debbie may have been the worst acting I’ve ever seen
Yeah I left poor Carl out of it because I just assume the actor is as hapless as the character. The scenes that required Carl and Debbie to emote together were rough. Sometimes a good actor can make a bad actor look better, but those two were just clinging to each other as they sank. I don't think Carl's girlfriend is that great but when she is opposite Carl or Debbie she looks like Meryl Streep.

Honestly I've always thought that Ian is super-terrible too, but people seem to think he's got a real career coming after this show, so I dunno.
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #60
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 42,096
Re: Shameless Season 9

Wasn’t Ian (Cameron) on Gotham for a while?
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #61
mecantplay
old hand
 
mecantplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: rarely lucky, jajaja
Posts: 1,508
Re: Shameless Season 9

Yea - he is/was young Joker and/or is twin brother for some seasons. Very nice performance there.

I expected a lot of lol in the last episodes /as most of the series/, but the show did not deliver. There was some good moments, but majority of the scenes was bad. Obviously that is because of the writing. Hope next season to be better.
mecantplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #62
razorbacker
Pooh-Bah
 
razorbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DUNK CITY
Posts: 5,805
Re: Shameless Season 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
Yeah I left poor Carl out of it because I just assume the actor is as hapless as the character. The scenes that required Carl and Debbie to emote together were rough. Sometimes a good actor can make a bad actor look better, but those two were just clinging to each other as they sank. I don't think Carl's girlfriend is that great but when she is opposite Carl or Debbie she looks like Meryl Streep.

Honestly I've always thought that Ian is super-terrible too, but people seem to think he's got a real career coming after this show, so I dunno.
I thought Ian was great from about season 1 through 4 or so and then they ruined him. He is coming back for season 10 next year. Hopefully they bring Mickey back and then that can allow them to work Mandy back into the show.
razorbacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #63
Banana man
veteran
 
Banana man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,032
Re: Shameless Season 9

Overall I thought this season was pretty good but lmao at the final episode, completely horrible
Banana man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #64
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,971
Re: Shameless Season 9

I thought the last episode was the best one of the whole season. Back to what made the show great in the past, all kinds of weird stuff going down but always with a glimmer of hope.

Overall I wasn’t a huge fan of the season but at least it got better after the ridiculously bad Mo White story was over and Ian went to jail. I hope they give him a better story arc if he comes back for the final season.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:18 AM   #65
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,714
Re: Shameless Season 9

I ran into Mike McGill today (he plays Tommy, the big guy who hangs at the Alibi). Mike is a bud from a gazillion years ago. I asked if we still have a few more seasons to look forward to. He said Macy is atm signed on for 2 more, so that's good. The cockroach has a little more life left in him.
Double Down is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online