Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #826
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,970
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

I'm sorry but I'm not getting "deep thinker" or "smarter than people realize" from Marshawn Lynch. Not sure why Bill even had him on.

Kasich is everyone's boring uncle, it's amazing he is still thinking of running for President.
revots33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #827
txdome
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
txdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,396
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by revots33 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not getting "deep thinker" or "smarter than people realize" from Marshawn Lynch. Not sure why Bill even had him on.
It's the same person every week. Ice Cube, Jim Carrey, Ice T, etc.
txdome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #828
Yeti
Abominable
 
Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 22,971
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

"i'm not glad stan lee is dead. i'm sad you're alive!"

just beautiful.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #829
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,970
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Bill's little love-fest with Ann Coulter is kind of nauseating. She's despicable but Bill always treats her with kid gloves. Most tilting part for me is when she claims she cares about the wall because immigrants drive down middle-class wages. Such obvious bull****.

I was a little disappointed also that Bill took a shot at the Covington kid even after it has been proven repeatedly that the media f***ed up this story royally and probably owes the kid an apology. Bill is usually willing to take some heat from liberals by pointing out when they are wrong, which is one of the reasons I respect him, but not this time.
revots33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #830
master3004
Revisionist Historian
 
master3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Obstruct Everything
Posts: 52,453
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Wait what? The kid was mock chanting along with his friends at the native american drum playing. Why exactly does he deserve a pass because other people were antagonizing him? Does it excuse the mocking of the native american prayer drumming?
master3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #831
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,970
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004 View Post
Wait what? The kid was mock chanting along with his friends at the native american drum playing. Why exactly does he deserve a pass because other people were antagonizing him? Does it excuse the mocking of the native american prayer drumming?
I don't want to politard up the TV thread, but I'd say that kid smiling is more of a Rorschach test where people see what they want to see. I saw a kid awkwardly trying to look tough in front of his friends, after an old veteran walked up to him and started chanting and playing a drum in his face. I honestly don't know how my old 17yo self would have reacted to the same thing, especially immediately after a bunch of street cult members were hurling hate speech at me and my friends.

At any rate the media got the narrative completely wrong and never admitted it. Would have liked to see Bill mention that, rather than join in to the typical "hey everyone, didn't that skinny white kid have a punchable face"? bandwagon.
revots33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #832
master3004
Revisionist Historian
 
master3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Obstruct Everything
Posts: 52,453
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by revots33 View Post
I don't want to politard up the TV thread, but I'd say that kid smiling is more of a Rorschach test where people see what they want to see. I saw a kid awkwardly trying to look tough in front of his friends, after an old veteran walked up to him and started chanting and playing a drum in his face. I honestly don't know how my old 17yo self would have reacted to the same thing, especially immediately after a bunch of street cult members were hurling hate speech at me and my friends.

At any rate the media got the narrative completely wrong and never admitted it. Would have liked to see Bill mention that, rather than join in to the typical "hey everyone, didn't that skinny white kid have a punchable face"? bandwagon.
They didnt get the narrative wrong though. The kids were mocking the native americans. Just look.

Are we seeing different things here? They are openly mocking native american chanting. I dont give a **** about anything else that happened between the black Israelities and the kids. How exactly do you excuse that behavior?

Wouuld your 17 year old self have joined in on the jumping, chanting, and tomahawk chopping? If so, id say your 17 yesr old self was a real *******, just like these kids.
master3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:49 AM   #833
NeueRegel
adept
 
NeueRegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,019
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by revots33 View Post
Bill's little love-fest with Ann Coulter is kind of nauseating. She's despicable but Bill always treats her with kid gloves. Most tilting part for me is when she claims she cares about the wall because immigrants drive down middle-class wages. Such obvious bull****.


She has been coming on his show all the way back to the early days of PI on Comedy Central so in their own way they are sort of longtime friends.
NeueRegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #834
Chip Niche
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,458
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Maher and Coulter are really a match made in heaven. They should just elope. I loved it when he joked about them boning after the show.

I don't mind her being on once or twice a year.
Chip Niche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #835
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 47,972
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Probably wasn't a joke.
SuperUberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #836
Benjam!n
centurion
 
Benjam!n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 107
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Coward Bill Maher refuses to press Christie on Bridgegate. Folds like a paper towel after one rebuttal. Absolutely shameful that the audience didn't boo Christie out of the building.

Last edited by Benjam!n; 02-09-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Benjam!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #837
txdome
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
txdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,396
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjam!n View Post
Coward Bill Maher refuses to press Christie on Bridgegate. Folds like a paper towel after one rebuttal. Absolutely shameful that the audience didn't boo Christie out of the building.
It's old news, nobody really cares outside of NJ/NY, and he was there to talk about the president.
txdome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #838
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,539
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Quote:
I was a little disappointed also that Bill took a shot at the Covington kid even after it has been proven repeatedly that the media f***ed up this story royally and probably owes the kid an apology. Bill is usually willing to take some heat from liberals by pointing out when they are wrong, which is one of the reasons I respect him, but not this time
I thought the same thing.




Quote:
Maher and Coulter are really a match made in heaven. They should just elope. I loved it when he joked about them boning after the show.

I don't mind her being on once or twice a year.
He did propose to her jokingly on his final show on ABC.


Christie is a great politician. Speaks well.
lozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #839
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,539
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Opening guest was horrible and the panel not his best.
lozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #840
hemstock
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,253
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Show is becoming the old man yells at cloud meme. He's beaten the SJW issue to death. If you watch his show regularly it's his number #1 issue. It's not the US slowly becoming an authoritarian country, not money in politics, not climate change.... It's those annoying millennials tweeting about political correctness. Let's have a guest every week to tell us how these awful SJW are gonna bring the end of western civilization.
hemstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #841
revots33
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
revots33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,970
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher

Yeah Bill has succumbed to grumpy old man syndrome. Last week he said all millennials just want to be "influencers". Um no, Bill. I work at a university. Most young people want to be doctors, or lawyers, or teachers, or investment bankers, or any of a hundred other typical careers. Olivia Jade is not the typical American young person.

I feel like Bill is a closet conservative in many ways.
revots33 is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online