Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
***Official*** LOST: The End. ***Official*** LOST: The End.

05-24-2010 , 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeCo
btw, did I miss it or did they not explain how ben got out from under the tree?
Through the power of teamwork obv.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeCo
btw, did I miss it or did they not explain how ben got out from under the tree?
Who cares? Really? Sawyer brought a huge branch over to use as a lever, assume he got him out.

Suspension of disbelief for the win. It's a prerequisite for the show.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek12
I feel bad for all those who are stuck on the island mysteries. You're missing the point! Didn't you become attached to the characters in a way that you might not have realized until the very end? The mysteries kept me hooked and allowed me to get to know the people. IMO, that was their purpose.
I kind of disagree. I got my read on the characters pretty early on and appreciated them accordingly. The mystery of the first few seasons is what made the show, not that either Jack or all of them got into heaven.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek12
I feel bad for all those who are stuck on the island mysteries. You're missing the point! Didn't you become attached to the characters in a way that you might not have realized until the very end? The mysteries kept me hooked and allowed me to get to know the people. IMO, that was their purpose.
Why is it that every single person who considers Lost a character-driven story looks down their noses at people who liked the actual story more?
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13
Another question for the "alt-timeline was purgatory" people: what was the significance of Jack's son?
helped Jack come to terms with his issues with his father
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:27 AM
imo, squeek12 is the kind of LOST fan I would have been wanting to watch the show with, not you grumpy folks that obviously had certain expectations and aren't satisfied. This show was probably never going to be for you from the beginning.

I think it must suck to be one of you that hated that. Obviously, it was intended for people to love it, and if you didn't, it wasn't for you.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:28 AM
are you guys really worried about how ben got out from under the log?
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek12
I feel bad for all those who are stuck on the island mysteries. You're missing the point! Didn't you become attached to the characters in a way that you might not have realized until the very end? The mysteries kept me hooked and allowed me to get to know the people. IMO, that was their purpose.
Without the mysteries the show is nothing. I was attached to the mystery surrounding the island, the characters were just there to move the story along
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpy
I'm pretty sure that Desmond's extra awareness all came from Charlie driving his car into the water. There wasn't a hint of awareness in Desmond before that.
Yeck. Right on.

At the time, I really thought Ben was implying to Hurley/audience that Hurley could send Desmond back and make things start happening "back home" or whatever.

I guess I just don't know. Apparently it all started with Charlie having his dream, then.

Why Charlie? Why the dream? Those seem like good speculative questions.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:29 AM
Josh Holloway via Satellite >>>>>>>> Matthew Fox live
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:30 AM
lol Emily der rAvin
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13
Why is it that every single person who considers Lost a character-driven story looks down their noses at people who liked the actual story more?
I think that it's just always been viewed as a character-driven show by most people.

Obviously this may not be the case for you and others, but ...

Yeah I don't know.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacersEdge
Really? I felt the exact opposite.
Yes, but I can see where you are coming from. Throughout the series I really was more interested in the island and all its mind****s than the people. But the ending helped me realize that I really did care about the characters, and I think they resolved the characters' stories really well.

OTOH, I would definitely read a book detailing the origins of the island, Dharma, etc.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:31 AM
I think that Matthew Fox is actually pretty cool. He's noticeably awkward, but I think he just isn't used to this sort of thing still. Some actors probably just never get to the point where they embrace the interview.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:32 AM
Just a random thought:

I don't want to speak in hyperbole, like so many other people in this thread about how "awful" the finale was. But I'm pretty much at a loss as to how someone could have liked the show as a whole, but hated the finale. Surely those who hated the finale, have hated the show for a long time.

I thought the finale was absolutely amazing. Probably the 2 1/2 best hours of TV I've watched in my life, or very close to it. If I had DVR'd it and missed the 1000 commercials that might be the only thing that would make it better imo.

This coming from someone who has seen pretty much every single 2p2 loved show, literally.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13
Why is it that every single person who considers Lost a character-driven story looks down their noses at people who liked the actual story more?
That's not what I meant. I just meant that I feel bad that you didn't enjoy the ending that way that I did. I'm satisfied and you're not. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong to feel the way we do. We got something different out of the series.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilECU
imo, squeek12 is the kind of LOST fan I would have been wanting to watch the show with, not you grumpy folks that obviously had certain expectations and aren't satisfied. This show was probably never going to be for you from the beginning.

I think it must suck to be one of you that hated that. Obviously, it was intended for people to love it, and if you didn't, it wasn't for you.
How many times did you cry?
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloAJ
I think that it's just always been viewed as a character-driven show by most people.

Obviously this may not be the case for you and others, but ...

Yeah I don't know.
If you describe this show to a friend, do you say:

"They're on an island that's full of mysteries..."
OR
"This guy, Jack, loves Kate, he has daddy issues..."

That doesn't automatically make it a story-driven show, but I don't think it's as much of a stretch as 90% of the people ITT make it out to be. And those of us who like the story more aren't snooty d-bags about the way other people enjoy it. Well, I'm a d-bag, but I'm not snooty; I couldn't possibly care any less about why other people enjoy the show.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloAJ
Of those of you understanding what's going on, take a shot:

What is the significance of Ben not going into the church?
Hes going to hell.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton
Just a random thought:

I don't want to speak in hyperbole, like so many other people in this thread about how "awful" the finale was. But I'm pretty much at a loss as to how someone could have liked the show as a whole, but hated the finale. Surely those who hated the finale, have hated the show for a long time.

I thought the finale was absolutely amazing. Probably the 2 1/2 best hours of TV I've watched in my life, or very close to it. If I had DVR'd it and missed the 1000 commercials that might be the only thing that would make it better imo.

This coming from someone who has seen pretty much every single 2p2 loved show, literally.
Agree with this.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton
Just a random thought:

I don't want to speak in hyperbole, like so many other people in this thread about how "awful" the finale was. But I'm pretty much at a loss as to how someone could have liked the show as a whole, but hated the finale. Surely those who hated the finale, have hated the show for a long time.

I thought the finale was absolutely amazing. Probably the 2 1/2 best hours of TV I've watched in my life, or very close to it. If I had DVR'd it and missed the 1000 commercials that might be the only thing that would make it better imo.

This coming from someone who has seen pretty much every single 2p2 loved show, literally.
I was just thinking this. You should have been prepared for letdown a long time ago if the mythology is your source of interest. They could have sat down with an entirely candid and open Cuse/Lindelof for a 2.5 hour interview and they wouldn't have been able to address everything.

You should have seen a letdown coming and just embraced it.
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:37 AM
lol random Jacob shot?
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:38 AM
What was up with Eloise knowing?
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton
Just a random thought:

I don't want to speak in hyperbole, like so many other people in this thread about how "awful" the finale was. But I'm pretty much at a loss as to how someone could have liked the show as a whole, but hated the finale. Surely those who hated the finale, have hated the show for a long time.

I thought the finale was absolutely amazing. Probably the 2 1/2 best hours of TV I've watched in my life, or very close to it. If I had DVR'd it and missed the 1000 commercials that might be the only thing that would make it better imo.

This coming from someone who has seen pretty much every single 2p2 loved show, literally.
Sopranos finale and the Wire finale blow this 1 away
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote
05-24-2010 , 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos13
If you describe this show to a friend, do you say:

"They're on an island that's full of mysteries..."
OR
"This guy, Jack, loves Kate, he has daddy issues..."

That doesn't automatically make it a story-driven show, but I don't think it's as much of a stretch as 90% of the people ITT make it out to be. And those of us who like the story more aren't snooty d-bags about the way other people enjoy it. Well, I'm a d-bag, but I'm not snooty; I couldn't possibly care any less about why other people enjoy the show.
Maybe it's just that by this point, most people have realized that the mythology was never going to get explained in even remote detail.

It seems weird to "us" to complain about the finale after like two years of "more questions, few answers."
***Official*** LOST: The End. Quote

      
m