Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #1551
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,172
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDalla View Post
I thought we were supposed to be unsure whether or not she time travel etc stuff is legit, did I miss something revealing it's just WH = cray cray for sure?
We don't know for sure imo. But I think the way the show is presented to us makes it very unlikely that WR her plan is legit.

1/ WR initially was presented to us as someone we were secretly also rooting for, with mysterious goals but immense determination & capabilities to get things done. The show slowly broke this down by slowly starting to show WR as someone that is also immensely power hungry and a terrorist without any consience. We've also seen various characteristics of her that make her seem a bit insane (her insane obsession with time, her insane obsession with things that were 'meant to be' like Elliott/Angela etc).

2/ This show is crazy but still grounded in reality and Esmail clearly wants everything to be as realistic as possible. The thing WR hopes to discover doesn't seem to be grounded in reality. I think we can now be ~100% certain that the machine we saw in S3 opening was some sort of large hadron collider. WR her plan being real & succeeding would suddenly shift this show towards no longer being grounded in reality. Humanity is not even remotely close to discovering something like this (if I'm wrong on that, please correct me ).

3/ By the end of S3, all viewers should be rooting against WR, and we want to see Elliott take her down. Shifting the story towards a plot where WR her plan is actually real, would complicate the way this show is heading immensely. Though this is still Mr. Robot, where illogical twists like these are standard .

All these things make it seem unlikely that in the end WR her plan is something real, since it would not make sense with the rest of her story arc or the general story.
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #1552
gadgetguru
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 612
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Falkens_maze@protonmail.com nice reference back to war games and using end to end encryption developed outside the nsa purview. Liked this season and finale
gadgetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #1553
King~of~Diamonds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King~of~Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,537
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

it was weird that they used Dom's family as a way to keep her under their thumb.
we havent seen Dom have any close personal connections in her life. hopefully that comes to fruition
King~of~Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #1554
hansmolman
old hand
 
hansmolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eating 50 eggs in an hour
Posts: 1,209
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg View Post
We don't know for sure imo. But I think the way the show is presented to us makes it very unlikely that WR her plan is legit.

1/ WR initially was presented to us as someone we were secretly also rooting for, with mysterious goals but immense determination & capabilities to get things done. The show slowly broke this down by slowly starting to show WR as someone that is also immensely power hungry and a terrorist without any consience. We've also seen various characteristics of her that make her seem a bit insane (her insane obsession with time, her insane obsession with things that were 'meant to be' like Elliott/Angela etc).

2/ This show is crazy but still grounded in reality and Esmail clearly wants everything to be as realistic as possible. The thing WR hopes to discover doesn't seem to be grounded in reality. I think we can now be ~100% certain that the machine we saw in S3 opening was some sort of large hadron collider. WR her plan being real & succeeding would suddenly shift this show towards no longer being grounded in reality. Humanity is not even remotely close to discovering something like this (if I'm wrong on that, please correct me ).

3/ By the end of S3, all viewers should be rooting against WR, and we want to see Elliott take her down. Shifting the story towards a plot where WR her plan is actually real, would complicate the way this show is heading immensely. Though this is still Mr. Robot, where illogical twists like these are standard .

All these things make it seem unlikely that in the end WR her plan is something real, since it would not make sense with the rest of her story arc or the general story.
hansmolman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #1555
Priptonite
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Priptonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Planet Pripton
Posts: 17,198
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Were those dudes at the end people we've seen before?
Priptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:05 AM   #1556
JDalla
Total Boar
 
JDalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: GA meeting to follow
Posts: 15,497
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

^^ drug dealer sorta antagonist bro from season 1, when I saw it I was like "was that that guy?" and then had to check to confirm. Seemed like a pretty minor character but I guess they got plans for him.
JDalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:31 AM   #1557
Priptonite
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Priptonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Planet Pripton
Posts: 17,198
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Ahh yeah, the dude who killed Shayla. Wow... I totally forgot about that entire storyline
Priptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #1558
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

I’d be disappointed if dom actually flips and becomes a mole. It seems so against her character. And she finally learned so much information and met many of the key players, this should spark her to take them down, not just give up and do what they say. I hate when shows do that.

We even saw her trying to get Darlene to testify a couple episodes ago, basically saying it was more important than worrying about her safety. Plus there’s witness protection and everything which it seems like Dom believes in, so she could send her family there. Worst case she could play along for a short period while still figuring out how to take them down - and can communicate that to whoever she needs to at the fbi to help her.

I just hate when people get so easily flipped like that and especially for this character. Hoping she doesn’t just become a mole
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #1559
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,172
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot



I'm fairly convinced she wont be flipped 100%. Again it would be weird to set up her whole story arc for her just to flip at the first sign of danger. She also realizes that her boss likely didn't have much choice and was weak and it got him killed anyway eventually. It might be a while before the viewer knows it, but she'll try something eventually to take down or damage DA.
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #1560
KPowers
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,487
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

We're all convinced Dom is even going to be around after S3? I felt like she might have been written out of the show with that final episode, but I'm usually wrong about this kind of stuff.

I hope the time travel stuff is.... well-written.
KPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:19 AM   #1561
King~of~Diamonds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King~of~Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,537
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

0.0% chance Dom is written out
King~of~Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #1562
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 71,201
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPowers View Post
We're all convinced Dom is even going to be around after S3? I felt like she might have been written out of the show with that final episode, but I'm usually wrong about this kind of stuff.

I hope the time travel stuff is.... well-written.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King~of~Diamonds View Post
0.0% chance Dom is written out
Damn, I hope they don't write me out. I really want to be able to keep watching the show.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #1563
karamazonk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,346
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

3.5 episodes into season two and I'm not enjoying this show nearly as much as I did season one. Is it worth charging on?
karamazonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #1564
Grue
Pooh-Bah
 
Grue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: https://unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 5,667
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

First half of s2 is a bit of a slog but it picks up and s3 is very good.
Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:14 AM   #1565
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,172
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Yes Season 2 starts off slower & weirder than S1. I didn't mind it too much but I completely understand that some people don't like it. Eventually it turns around. It takes longer than 3,5 episodes though, after the episode where you think "what the **** did I just watch?" it turns around. You'll know it when you see it, trust me.

S3 is easier to watch & awesome. Doesn't capture the magic of S1, but you're missing out if you quit for the weird start of S2.
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:15 AM   #1566
karamazonk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,346
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Alright, thanks guys, appreciate the quick feedback a lot. I'll keep watching.
karamazonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #1567
Sugar Nut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sugar Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dietmar Hopp Du Sohn Einer Hure!
Posts: 20,668
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Season 2 is AIDS all the way through.
Sugar Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #1568
samuri8
old hand
 
samuri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 1,955
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Season 2 was great imo but definitely polarizing.
samuri8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #1569
electricladylnd
Pooh-Bah
 
electricladylnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 5,430
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazonk View Post
3.5 episodes into season two and I'm not enjoying this show nearly as much as I did season one. Is it worth charging on?
Most of S2 sucked imo, it ends good and S3 is great.
electricladylnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #1570
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: visit dubnjoy.com
Posts: 5,275
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Season 3 was indeed the nuts ; I keep rewatching some episodes (most notably episode 1, 5 and 10) and darn, they are absolutely AMAZING No single episode in Season 1 matches episode 1 and 5 of season 3, imho.
Dubnjoy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #1571
King~of~Diamonds
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
King~of~Diamonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,537
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

i just rewatched s3 and it was hard to get through
King~of~Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #1572
a_r_K
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 322
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by King~of~Diamonds View Post
i just rewatched s3 and it was hard to get through
Damn i find that hard to believe what shows are you into? Mr.robot is so much better then most of the trash out there. Personally pretty much every episode/series has been a treat to watch.
a_r_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 AM   #1573
karamazonk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,346
Re: Mr. Robot

Season 3 is finally available on Prime! Four episodes in and so far s3 >>>>> s2. Looking forward to being caught up in time for s4.
karamazonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:45 AM   #1574
Yeti
Abominable
 
Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 23,139
Re: Mr. Robot

which won't be hard, because S4 isn't airing until ~spring 2019. it will also be the show's last. this was announced a few months back but wasn't posted in the thread.

they were going to do an 8 episode S4 but they decided to bump it to 12 and call it a day.

i'll be sad to see this show gone. the episode from S3 that was filmed in 2.35:1 is super memorable to me.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #1575
kingofcool
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kingofcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,605
Re: Mr. Robot

Unless they mess up s4, it will be a top10 of all time show for me. Excited to see what's next for Sam Esmail.
kingofcool is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive