Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #551
fnx99
G2p2 HU Champion
 
fnx99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,265
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

where can i find a gopro pov shooting?
fnx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #552
||.||.||
Gifmeister

 
||.||.||'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ♥☮☺🌼
Posts: 14,058
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Unfortunately-Timed Movies

http://imgur.com/a/6yzdw

The movie Buffalo Soldiers premiered in a 2001 festival but was shelved for two years.
||.||.|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #553
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,294
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

By early next week the guides will probably updated with Mr. Robot in the right slot, but if not then just record NCIS for 2 hour from 10pm to midnight.

In my earlier post, i didn't see the 1st minute of Mr. Robot when they put that on the screen about delay for 1 week because my DVR is usually off like 1 minute on Wed. nights between Suits and Mr. Robot and I Watch Mr. Robot 1st.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #554
thethethe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thethethe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,410
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||.||.|| View Post
Unfortunately-Timed Movies

http://imgur.com/a/6yzdw

The movie Buffalo Soldiers premiered in a 2001 festival but was shelved for two years.
Not a movie, but Utopia definitely belongs on that list for showing a graphic massacre in a primary school, a month after Sandy Hook.
thethethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #555
ythelongface
adept
 
ythelongface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,109
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Season finale of Buffy was delayed almost two months after Columbine.
ythelongface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #556
roundstallion
banned
 
roundstallion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: .
Posts: 70
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

When they are shown meeting in the first episode it's clear that it's the first time meeting, although they could have known about each other. Tyrell talks about his days in the pits. This shows he is older and could be old enough to have work with. If we assume Elliot's in his mid to late twenties and Tyrell is late 30ish early 40ish. 20 years ago would put Elliot at about 8 and Tyrell at about 18.
roundstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #557
nunnehi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,531
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

I'd be very surprised if Tyrell is supposed to be much older than 30.
nunnehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #558
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,776
New Show- Mr. Robot

Nunn,

I'd take the over on 32.5
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #559
nunnehi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,531
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

So, you think he's probably about to turn 33? That falls under not much older than 30 to me. Like I don't think he's supposed to be 35. He's like the wunderkind CTO type that I'm sure you've seen zillions of. He has an ambiguous age look, though, like in some shots he looks really young, and some he looks used up. In real life, the actor was about to turn 32 while the show was in production, and would likely have been 30 nearing 31 when they shot the Pilot.
nunnehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:04 AM   #560
bixby snyder
A distant second
 
bixby snyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Grubb's Tavern
Posts: 6,396
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

He's like 26.

Source: am 26.
bixby snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:01 AM   #561
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,776
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Nunn,

Never mind.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #562
mmbt0ne
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mmbt0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coach Bud Bandwagon
Posts: 22,077
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidstar-poker View Post
Any chance that the one week delay is just to reshoot/re-edit the one scene?
The show's twitter account makes it sound like the actual show won't be altered at all, based on this canned reply they gave to everyone asking about when it would be shown:

The season finale will air in its entirety next Wed, 9/2 at 10/9c. Tonight we will encore episode 9 of Mr. Robot at 10/9c.
mmbt0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:07 AM   #563
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 71,294
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

The acting and writing on this show is top notch. Mostly unknown character actors like the ones who play Gideon, Terry, and Tyrell's boss are give meaty, wonderful scenes and they knock it out of the park. Loved the scene where Tyrell gets fired.

Great show.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #564
nunnehi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,531
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Guy playing Gideon was President on House of Cards. Guy playing Colby has been in a million things, and definitely isn't an unknown character actor other than no one knowing his name probably. He's even got a small part on Show Me a Hero, in a much different role.
nunnehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #565
Anzat
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sheepishly picking the mic back up
Posts: 1,141
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnehi View Post
Guy playing Gideon was President on House of Cards. Guy playing Colby has been in a million things, and definitely isn't an unknown character actor other than no one knowing his name probably. He's even got a small part on Show Me a Hero, in a much different role.
The guy playing Colby is great at playing creeps. He had a small role as one of the most vile characters I can remember in the underrated 2006 movie Running Scared.
Anzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #566
midas
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,515
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Is this show a lock for Emmy nominations or is it too dark?
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #567
Kurn, son of Mogh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rhode Island and Providence Plantat
Posts: 15,711
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzat View Post
The guy playing Colby is great at playing creeps. He had a small role as one of the most vile characters I can remember in the underrated 2006 movie Running Scared.
I think it's been posted here before, but he also played the guy who sold Tony the shore house on Sopranos.
Kurn, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #568
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 58,094
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

I think that's like the definition of an unknown character actor. He's been in a million things, but generally as a very small role, and nobody knows his name.

Running Scared was pretty good, but I mostly remember it for being one of those mid-2000s cost-saving films that tried to pass off Eastern Europe as America in a really unconvincing manner.
FlyWf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:21 PM   #569
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,154
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

he was also the creep who tried to sell HENRY ROWENGARTER to the yankees
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #570
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,249
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

It also appears he was on Law and Order a dozen times like every other small time character actor. Whenever I know a guy but can't place him, that's always what it ends up being
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #571
nunnehi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,531
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas View Post
Is this show a lock for Emmy nominations or is it too dark?
It's not Emmy bait. They don't like weird genre stuff. It could pick up some, like probably some sound editing/music usage, etc. (I think this show has the most effective use of music of any show I'm watching on TV, as in this show would be a joy to mix). I hesitate to say it would get any sound mixing notice, because it's so LAV heavy, but outside of the dialog, this is an Emmy caliber mix. I doubt they'll give it something like Cinematography because it's trying really hard to do something different (would put it in a try hard state), and because of that it's often extremely distracting in the scenes (the audience shouldn't be thinking of the shots while people are talking).

I think its best chance might be in writing, but this show has really changed (in my opinion) from its original structure and it's often a very confusing show. Basically put this show as a low rent Hannibal (excelling in a lot of crafts), but not likely to get much notice if shows like Rectify or Hannibal can't get any notice. It has the "buzz" factor, but it's not a high rated show which definitely hurts its chances in that regard, since that just means it's fake buzz.
nunnehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #572
thethethe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thethethe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,410
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Christian Slater and Rami Malek on the Nerdist podcast
thethethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #573
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 58,094
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnehi View Post
It's not Emmy bait. They don't like weird genre stuff. It could pick up some, like probably some sound editing/music usage, etc. (I think this show has the most effective use of music of any show I'm watching on TV, as in this show would be a joy to mix). I hesitate to say it would get any sound mixing notice, because it's so LAV heavy, but outside of the dialog, this is an Emmy caliber mix. I doubt they'll give it something like Cinematography because it's trying really hard to do something different (would put it in a try hard state), and because of that it's often extremely distracting in the scenes (the audience shouldn't be thinking of the shots while people are talking).

I think its best chance might be in writing, but this show has really changed (in my opinion) from its original structure and it's often a very confusing show. Basically put this show as a low rent Hannibal (excelling in a lot of crafts), but not likely to get much notice if shows like Rectify or Hannibal can't get any notice. It has the "buzz" factor, but it's not a high rated show which definitely hurts its chances in that regard, since that just means it's fake buzz.
I'd expect Orphan Black's award profile, it's just not something on the radar of the gazillion-year olds who vote for Emmys
FlyWf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #574
nunnehi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,531
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Orphan Black probably would have had a better awards profile if it were an American show (as would Hannibal).
nunnehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #575
midas
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,515
Re: New Show- Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWf View Post
I'd expect Orphan Black's award profile, it's just not something on the radar of the gazillion-year olds who vote for Emmys
So far, this show is much better than Orphan Black on so many levels.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive