Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Making a Murderer Making a Murderer

10-14-2016 , 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddymitchel Making a Murderer
Would be great to hear oski's opinion on the process.
From what I read if they lose this appeal which seems likely they ll have to trial him again without the confession.
I don't know. I can look it up later.
10-15-2016 , 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski Making a Murderer
I don't know. I can look it up later.
When I googled "federal judge overturning state murder", the entire first page results were Brendan Dassey.

I would think given our country's history of strong state rights that this won't be overturned that easily. The appeals process will be extremely methodically. Which translates into a long time. Of BD remaining in jail.
10-17-2016 , 06:07 AM
Overturning any conviction isn't easy, which is why Zellner's track record is impressive.
10-17-2016 , 07:44 AM
At least Dassey should be 10 times easier to overturn.
Avery on the other hand...
11-09-2016 , 07:46 PM
Does Trump winning lesson SA chances of getting out... Hmm
11-12-2016 , 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacc25 Making a Murderer
Does Trump winning lesson SA chances of getting out... Hmm
Regarding the complete and total exoneration of 5 wrongly accused black males - The Central Park 5:

"“They admitted they were guilty,” the candidate told CNN’s Miguel Marquez this week. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same.”
His comments are not the first time he has spoken out about the case, in which the perpetrator spent “half an hour beating [the victim] senseless with a rock and a metal pipe, raping her and leaving her for dead,” per TIME’s May 8, 1989 recap of the incident. A month after the attack, Trump called for justice by running an ad in the New York Daily News advocating the return of the death penalty."

Source

I'm going to go with a solid YES, SA's chances have been significantly lessened.
11-12-2016 , 05:36 PM
http://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/in...-night/3403377

Unbelievable parallels to Avery case.

Warning: Spoilers.

- Cops coerce suspect into confessing by threatening death penalty and state that they already know what happened and have evidence against him.
- Suspect is mentally "slow" and has below average IQ.
- Suspect implicates another person in murder who had nothing to do with the crime and absolutely zero evidence.
- Lead CSI investigator plants blood of victim in newly named suspects car on dashboard, just below the steering wheel during a second search of vehicle that was being performed after interview "just in case they missed something."
- Both suspects thrown in jail and full recorded interviews of "confession" withheld from defense attorneys.
- Real perpetrators of crime found out of pure luck and against incredibly high odds.
- Real perps then coerced into implicating falsely accused suspects already in jail.
- Defense for falsely accused finally get possession of evidence against accused including videos of coercion and recanting and mount defense strong enough to get the DA of county to release them both.
- Real perps recant their implications and admit falsely accused were not a part of crime and story was fabricated to make police happy.

A lot of incredibly similarities but some huge differences too:

-DA was truly about justice and did not waste any time releasing BOTH despite the hit LE was going to take.
-CSI Lead Investigator found guilty of planting evidence and sentenced to 2 years in prison as well as ordered to pay millions of dollars in damages to accused.
-Falsely accused sue county AND state for damages and win (settlement made outside of court).
11-12-2016 , 07:31 PM
KZ new tweet is interesting, says she is getting items to test on Monday 14th Nov 2016. Can someone post tweet please as I'm on phone and can't. Ty.

Lost, I agree with the above statement u made, with the R- controlling the SC they could make it difficult for KZ & her team....
11-14-2016 , 04:28 PM
Dassey to be released today
11-14-2016 , 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stuff Making a Murderer
****face BS acting for the state filed an emergency motion to halt the release of Brendan Dassey. :'(

KZ expects Brendan home for Thanksgiving with his current legal team taking care of the restrictions that will be placed on him, until the state finds a way to retry BD and we know how that went for a previous exonerated citizen....
11-14-2016 , 10:28 PM
Over the past year I've really come to hate the state of Wisconsin.
11-15-2016 , 12:37 PM
^^hAhA
11-15-2016 , 01:38 PM
Man, just think of all the WrestleMania VHS tapes waiting for him.
11-15-2016 , 07:47 PM
Good news about Brendan.
11-16-2016 , 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski Making a Murderer
I also like how he figured out the voice mail password by trying something "based on TH's sisters' birthdays." Who the hell knows the birthdays of their ex girlfriend's sisters? I barely know my own sister's birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU Making a Murderer
God works in mysterious ways
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU Making a Murderer
"it was her sister's birthday"


1/1/1960
01/01/1960
111960
01011960
1/1/60
01/01/60
010160
1160
January11960
January1,1960
january11960
january1,1960
January1
january1
Jan11960


...... Etc not gonna keep going
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU Making a Murderer
Not to mention afterwards, he now no longer knows what her birthday was?
The amount of misinformation spreading about the events of this case are amazing to me at times. Anyways, carry on.
11-16-2016 , 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt Making a Murderer
When I googled "federal judge overturning state murder", the entire first page results were Brendan Dassey.

I would think given our country's history of strong state rights that this won't be overturned that easily. The appeals process will be extremely methodically. Which translates into a long time. Of BD remaining in jail.
Duffin isn't a Federal judge he's a federal magistrate.
11-16-2016 , 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski Making a Murderer
I don't know. I can look it up later.
Hi Oski,
I haven't gone through all the thread but have you read Duffin's ruling? Do you think he's justified in ruling the confession involuntary and are his citations aptly comparable?
11-16-2016 , 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacc25 Making a Murderer
****face BS acting for the state filed an emergency motion to halt the release of Brendan Dassey. :'(

KZ expects Brendan home for Thanksgiving with his current legal team taking care of the restrictions that will be placed on him, until the state finds a way to retry BD and we know how that went for a previous exonerated citizen....
Dassey hasn't been exonerated, his conviction has been provisionally overturned.
11-16-2016 , 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddymitchel Making a Murderer
Would be great to hear oski's opinion on the process.
From what I read if they lose this appeal which seems likely they ll have to trial him again without the confession.
Assuming they lose it. The Halbach family have my condolences at present.
11-16-2016 , 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraleyight Making a Murderer
The amount of misinformation spreading about the events of this case are amazing to me at times. Anyways, carry on.
LOL. "Misinformation"? Brendan Dassey is about to be released after being wrongfully accused, tried, convicted and imprisoned for 11 years...all based on an entire law enforcement agency's massive spew fest of pure lies, coercion, fabricated and falsified records and evidence, and straight up corruption.

And you talkin' 'bout birthdays.
11-16-2016 , 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpus vile Making a Murderer
Dassey hasn't been exonerated, his conviction has been provisionally overturned.
No one said Dassey was exonerated. The reference was to a PREVIOUSLY exonerated citizen aka Steven Avery.
11-16-2016 , 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpus vile Making a Murderer
Assuming they lose it. The Halbach family have my condolences at present.
The Halbach family deserve condolences...but not because BD is going home.
11-16-2016 , 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthesaus Making a Murderer
The Halbach family deserve condolences...but not because BD is going home.
He's not going anywhere just yet and they do indeed deserve condolences over some dumbass judge who stretched the definition of involuntary way past its breaking point. Dassey's actual sentence doesn't sit right with me due to his youth at the time but he's guilty of rape and complicit in murder. He mentioned the rape in an earlier interrogation iirc.
His confession is supported by evidence and he knew info without being prompted.He was in no way coerced, they even explain what an admission against interest is to him, ffs.
But hey Wrestlemania poor kid blah waffle drone. Wasn't our daughter or sister or lover or friend chained to that bed, pleading with Dassey to do the right thing only to have him rape and mutilate her instead, so such unpleasant facts and images can be put from our heads as such things disrupt the Feelgood Narrative about witch hunts and wrongful convictions and how the poor kid should go to WrestleMania and be compensated gazillions. Facts? Who needs 'em?
People never cease to amaze me, throwing their logic, reason and common sense out the window just cuz they watch a deceptive Netflix doco.
I can only imagine the amount of scummy losers currently doing life without trying desperately to contact documentary filmmakers so people like you can swallow the kool aid and decide that facts and evidence are what you say they are, long as it feels right, yeah?
People are stupid .

Last edited by corpus vile; 11-16-2016 at 05:17 PM.
11-16-2016 , 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthesaus Making a Murderer
No one said Dassey was exonerated. The reference was to a PREVIOUSLY exonerated citizen aka Steven Avery.
Yeah with the "PREVIOUS" intimating that Dassey is the "next" exoneree...

      
m