Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #1526
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

it tilts me more than anyone would pay to see it
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #1527
badbeatnik
veteran
 
badbeatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brad's Brass Flamingo
Posts: 2,640
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

grunch- I resisted watching this because I usually can't stand the MTV Real World-type shows, but finally gave in after hearing some reputable people say that they like it. I watched this season's episodes 3,4,5,6,7 back to back on-demand in one sitting starting at 2am and ending at about 5:30 am. I had to be up for work at 9am, but it was worth being dead tired all day. I woke up with the theme song as the first thing that popped into my head. This show is awesome.
badbeatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1528
Tyler Durden
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: everywhere
Posts: 15,299
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Anybody else think it was sort of messed up when Vinny said that he couldn't wait for his mom to arrive, and then the first reason he listed about why was "she'll clean the entire house"

?
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #1529
Salva135
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Salva135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,045
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
Lol at this. Sure it makes sense if these people were somewhat normal, but Situation did it for two reasons.

90% because
1. It would make for good TV, which leads to $$$ in his pocket.


10% because
2. He was jealous that Angelina ****ed Vinnie.

Can we stop acting like the Situation is some genius mastermind who is pre-rehearsing every action on the show based on how it comes across on TV, and carefully constructing interactions between people?

Why would he be jealous of Angelina ****ing Vinnie? They all clearly hook up with each other, Angelina has hit all of the MVP at this point, she's a backup to all of them and none of them cares. Situation thinks Angelina is an annoying ***** and finally saw her do something hypocritical and wanted to **** things up with Jose because he likes seeing her exposed and on the crap end of things for once. Does he think it would make things more interesting if he did it?. Sure he does. But it's mostly because he thinks Angelina is a ***** and he seems to be taking a lot of joy recently in exerting his power and influence over everyone else for his own whim. That's his only interest in that "situation."
Salva135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:33 AM   #1530
so bad
grinder
 
so bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Doakville
Posts: 653
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Anybody else think it was sort of messed up when Vinny said that he couldn't wait for his mom to arrive, and then the first reason he listed about why was "she'll clean the entire house"

?
It's been evident from the first episode of the series that Vinnie basically just lazes around in his mom's basement while she waits on him, chalking it all up to being "standard Italian culture."
so bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #1531
yowhatsup
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,992
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

While I don't completely agree with the people that say Sitch is scripting most to all of his stuff in his head, I feel he is competent enough to stay in character for the overall story without going over the top.

The last few episodes he just seems like he is tired of everyone besides Pauly in the house. It's as if he looks at Jersey Shore as 9-5 job now and hates his coworkers, especially with all the off season projects/money he has now. And with the rest of the house trying to act as if everything is the same as season 1 I don't blame him. Obviously I could be wrong but he criticizes a lot of things compared to S1 when he was in his own little world. Just give him his own show before we lose him to "where are they now?" once S3 gets canceled for a plunge in viewership.


Also fwiw Vinnie spoiler:
Spoiler:
yowhatsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #1532
boobies4me
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,233
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reup Gang View Post
to me this episode reaffirmed that the guys (save vinny) are guys (dogs) first, and they create competition between each other out of it. the girls dislike angelina cause she's a guy and the guys are threatened by angelina because she's so good at being a guy.
I think this is pretty silly since it's not hard at all for a decently attractive girl to be a "guy". Getting laid for a girl is easy given how things in our society are structured. That's the reason why a guy getting laid a lot is a pimp for being a "guy" and a girl just getting laid a lot is a "slut". Not saying I agree with that but just that it's kinda silly to say angelina is good at being a guy... all attractive females are good at getting laid every night if they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reup Gang View Post
sitch loses major points for threatening to tell angelina's guy what's up. imagine the MVP trio doing that to each other! ridiculous double standard. he also loses points for getting butt hurt and almost turning pauly d's smash into a potential **** block;
Was kinda unsure myself why Sitch cared so much about telling Jose what was up but I know they don't like Angelina and she was a major c*ckblock in season. Comparing Situation ratting on Angelina of all people though to snitching on one of his boys seems like a stretch.

Also I'm not sure what part you're talking about where you say Sitch almost turned Pauly D's smash into a cckblock. If it was the girl he sat there eating a sandwhich watching I'm pretty sure there was no doubt in anyone's mind (pauly, sitch, the girl) that she was coming over at 6am to bang. Also since he did it while the cck was already in the p*ssy, there was no real way that he could cckblock to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
Lol at this. Sure it makes sense if these people were somewhat normal, but Situation did it for two reasons.

90% because
1. It would make for good TV, which leads to $$$ in his pocket.

10% because
2. He was jealous that Angelina ****ed Vinnie.
Def wasnt jealous of Angelina ****ing vinnie, he's already ****ed her and would def not be hard to do it again with how slutty angelina is. Just seems to me like nobody likes her or something else that's maybe not shown from behind the scenes. maybe it's guy code that he's just looking out for Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Anybody else think it was sort of messed up when Vinny said that he couldn't wait for his mom to arrive, and then the first reason he listed about why was "she'll clean the entire house"

?
Yeah, I thought the same... seemed like he was just happy that his mom was going to come there and do things for everyone that nobody felt like doing.
boobies4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #1533
boobies4me
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,233
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup View Post
Also fwiw Vinnie spoiler:
Spoiler:
Dear God
boobies4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:01 AM   #1534
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,771
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Anybody else think it was sort of messed up when Vinny said that he couldn't wait for his mom to arrive, and then the first reason he listed about why was "she'll clean the entire house"

?
It still blows my mind that she brought him bottles of water.
Daddy Warbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #1535
yowhatsup
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,992
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
It still blows my mind that she brought him bottles of water.
L-O-****ING-L yeah, I heard Ronnie say "brings him shirts,....,...,...,water,...,..." then they show the bottles and about five seconds go by until I realize how strange that was. They seemed like generic no-brand bottles of water too made it funnier.
yowhatsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #1536
SchererBoy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SchererBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southside
Posts: 15,215
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
It still blows my mind that she brought him bottles of water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup View Post
L-O-****ING-L yeah, I heard Ronnie say "brings him shirts,....,...,...,water,...,..." then they show the bottles and about five seconds go by until I realize how strange that was. They seemed like generic no-brand bottles of water too made it funnier.
lols. I thought I was the only who thought that was weird.

Ronnie goes "She brings herself one outfit for a week, and then she has shirts and WATER for Vinnie" (something like that) and I'm like WTF? Bottled water?

She does seem like a really great mother, though. That we can all agree on. Vinnie has been spoiled, and you can't hate on him for that.
SchererBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #1537
TexArcher
Pooh-Bah
 
TexArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,813
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

I didn't even think of that, but yeah, wtf? Does she think that bottled water in Florida is tainted or something?
TexArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #1538
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva135 View Post
Can we stop acting like the Situation is some genius mastermind who is pre-rehearsing every action on the show based on how it comes across on TV, and carefully constructing interactions between people?

Why would he be jealous of Angelina ****ing Vinnie? They all clearly hook up with each other, Angelina has hit all of the MVP at this point, she's a backup to all of them and none of them cares. Situation thinks Angelina is an annoying ***** and finally saw her do something hypocritical and wanted to **** things up with Jose because he likes seeing her exposed and on the crap end of things for once. Does he think it would make things more interesting if he did it?. Sure he does. But it's mostly because he thinks Angelina is a ***** and he seems to be taking a lot of joy recently in exerting his power and influence over everyone else for his own whim. That's his only interest in that "situation."
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #1539
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup View Post
While I don't completely agree with the people that say Sitch is scripting most to all of his stuff in his head, I feel he is competent enough to stay in character for the overall story without going over the top.

The last few episodes he just seems like he is tired of everyone besides Pauly in the house. It's as if he looks at Jersey Shore as 9-5 job now and hates his coworkers, especially with all the off season projects/money he has now. And with the rest of the house trying to act as if everything is the same as season 1 I don't blame him. Obviously I could be wrong but he criticizes a lot of things compared to S1 when he was in his own little world. Just give him his own show before we lose him to "where are they now?" once S3 gets canceled for a plunge in viewership.


Also fwiw Vinnie spoiler:
Spoiler:
wow, thats brutal
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #1540
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,771
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Reminds me of Admo's avatar

Daddy Warbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #1541
ThaSaltCracka
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ThaSaltCracka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seatown
Posts: 66,878
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Her face looked pretty nasty in the club as well, which makes Vinny's puppy love all the more funnier imo.


I thought it was pretty clear Mike told Jose because he thought it was messed up Angelina was playing him for a fool. Also the fact that she appeared to not even care that she was doing that probably made the decision easy for him.
ThaSaltCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #1542
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Vinny thinks she deserves to be "wife'd up"..

And that's all that matters
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #1543
MrDrTurtleRick
aka BumbleBeeRick
 
MrDrTurtleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,963
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

wow, shes not even a butterface... shes got the body of a skinny dude..
MrDrTurtleRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #1544
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

uhhh lets not get carried away there
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #1545
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

She's better looking, or as good looking, as any girls that have been on the show imo. I'm not saying she's hot or not.


(pictures can be deceiving)
Spoiler:
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #1546
ThaSaltCracka
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ThaSaltCracka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seatown
Posts: 66,878
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

that shemale has a better face that Vinny's girl.
ThaSaltCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #1547
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

ugh what a terrible direction this thread is heading, we need a new episode bad.
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #1548
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

true we do



clean out the trranniness itt
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #1549
Tyler Durden
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: everywhere
Posts: 15,299
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

JWOWW is pretty gross looking....fake boobies = major turnoff
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #1550
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
true we do



clean out the trranniness itt
then whats the one on the left doing here?
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive