Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

09-14-2010 , 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator
lol you think he'd do the sandwich thing if it wasnt on TV?
Well he'd have to be sharing a room with somebody in the first place....
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup
IT IS NOT ONLINE!!!!!1!1! having a breakdown here.
http://www.sidereel.com/Jersey_Shore
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 07:28 AM
Also had to laugh at "the kid has bought you everything you could ever wish for!"

Fossil watch????
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks
Also had to laugh at "the kid has bought you everything you could ever wish for!"

Fossil watch????
haha yeh this one was super lol
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 10:50 AM
lol they kept going on about this Fauzť watch thing.. and I was like man, is this some baller brand I haven't heard of.

I guess that's like 5k at least, dude shows up in a suit and gives her a suspiciously shiny watch

lol no, 100 dollar watch bling bling daaaamn FAUZ… WATCH.. oh Fossil...
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 10:52 AM
GIF of Vinny dancing in front of Jose please
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator
lol you think he'd do the sandwich thing if it wasnt on TV?
i think so
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickpoppa
GIF of Vinny dancing in front of Jose please
this imo, like i was saying that was maybe my fav moment of the whole season
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcTiOnJaCsOn
this imo, like i was saying that was maybe my fav moment of the whole season
At first I thought it was weird camera angling or somethin. Then as I was watching them leave i was like hahahaa he's dancing right in front of their face! Smack to the dome! GG Vinny (you no dancer-game havin muther****er, you).
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobies4me
well theres a big difference between being able to hook up with roommates who are basically part of your social circle and having to basically talk to a girl cold on the spot and be interesting. it's a delimma lots of nice guys struggle with.. being able to be funny and normal around friends but with a girl on the spot just going blank or having no idea what to say.. he seems to fall directly into that category.

nobody is really disputing the fact that Vinny is obviously getting laid on the show, but him getting laid on the show doesn't automatically mean he has "game". There's diff ways to pull... social circle, social value, being good looking, having game etc... and it just seems as though he's very much so lacking in the game department but obviously will still be pulling hot girls due to being part of the JS crew. That doesn't mean his game isn't weak though.

People were noticing his game was weak in season 1 too so it's not like he really had a strong rep up to this point. Not trying to hate on him or anything since he seems like your normal regular cool nice guy. But I mean, when it's all said and done, he was literally begging a girl on the phone to come out with him.

Initially when he first called her and was asking for a pity date I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek since he thought he'd get her.. but after she canceled on him and he was all distraught over it and then decided to call back and beg... that wasn't coming from a confident/joking frame, it was actual begging.
Well put, and very obviously correct.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyte On
gah need to stop reading I had no idea there was an ep last night
Apparently MTV.com is unaware as well. Still not up.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos4k
Apparently MTV.com is unaware as well. Still not up.
Don't know why but I pitured someone saying this really sarcastically and actually lol'd.




I didn't know about the new episode either, just got caught up, liking how the show is playing out with all the sammi/ronnie drama in the past.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickpoppa
GIF of Vinny dancing in front of Jose please
This x 10000
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos4k
Apparently MTV.com is unaware as well. Still not up.
seriously this. wtf mtv
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 04:22 PM
Will do the gif requests tomorrow probably.... unless someone does/finds them first.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 04:45 PM
Are they going to be showing this as the 'new' episode on Thursday too? That could be why it's not up on MTV's site, although if you have any internet skills whatsoever you should still be able to find it
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobies4me
well theres a big difference between being able to hook up with roommates who are basically part of your social circle and having to basically talk to a girl cold on the spot and be interesting. it's a delimma lots of nice guys struggle with.. being able to be funny and normal around friends but with a girl on the spot just going blank or having no idea what to say.. he seems to fall directly into that category.

nobody is really disputing the fact that Vinny is obviously getting laid on the show, but him getting laid on the show doesn't automatically mean he has "game". There's diff ways to pull... social circle, social value, being good looking, having game etc... and it just seems as though he's very much so lacking in the game department but obviously will still be pulling hot girls due to being part of the JS crew. That doesn't mean his game isn't weak though.

People were noticing his game was weak in season 1 too so it's not like he really had a strong rep up to this point. Not trying to hate on him or anything since he seems like your normal regular cool nice guy. But I mean, when it's all said and done, he was literally begging a girl on the phone to come out with him.

Initially when he first called her and was asking for a pity date I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek since he thought he'd get her.. but after she canceled on him and he was all distraught over it and then decided to call back and beg... that wasn't coming from a confident/joking frame, it was actual begging.
Well put. I generally hate poker analogies, but in this case I think it's apt.

Vinny's game is the equivalent of basic ABC TAG poker. He's a decent looking and social guy, so it's not hard for him to get laid, just like it's not hard for a reasonably intelligent person to beat a casino 2-5 game.

Getting on the cast of the Jersey Shore is the equivalent of him hitting a big score in a tournament. An ABC TAG can use the increased bankroll to play in some bigger games and make some noise on the tourney circuit. He might even get some accolades from commentators who don't know what they're talking about. But if he tries to play high stakes cash games, he's eventually going to get owned in spectacular fashion.

Vinny walked into a high stakes game and lost his stack with his weak passive game.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickpoppa
Well put. I generally hate poker analogies, but in this case I think it's apt.

Vinny's game is the equivalent of basic ABC TAG poker. He's a decent looking and social guy, so it's not hard for him to get laid, just like it's not hard for a reasonably intelligent person to beat a casino 2-5 game.

Getting on the cast of the Jersey Shore is the equivalent of him hitting a big score in a tournament. An ABC TAG can use the increased bankroll to play in some bigger games and make some noise on the tourney circuit. He might even get some accolades from commentators who don't know what they're talking about. But if he tries to play high stakes cash games, he's eventually going to get owned in spectacular fashion.

Vinny walked into a high stakes game and lost his stack with his weak passive game.
Vinny isn't weak-passive, having the balls to approach a girl is like 99% of the work. Hejust read the girl wrong and tried a creepy infatuated approach (which may work on a 35 y.o. hpoa, not on an early 20s gogo dancer). Nothing wrong with getting shot down, you aren't trying hard enough if you have a 100% success rate, its the nAuseating whining afterwards. If he reacted like mike did after that girl walked out on him, some random ppl itt would still rank him at the top. If you do that now, my guess is you dream about his eggplant wang.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 09:11 PM
Jersey Shore has finally hit the big time, poker analogies. Can't wait for the next milestone, Hitler.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 09:34 PM
obviously the begging phonecall was embarrassing, but trying to compare vinnie's first phone call to pauly's is pretty pointless.

vinny is nervous because he's basically cold-calling a super hot chick he probably spoke to for about 2 minutes while drunk. pauly is super relaxed calling up a girl he likely spent the entire evening with and who recognises his voice just from the word 'hey'.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 09:52 PM
- Great analysis in this thread.
- Angelina turns me on. :-)
- What I noticed:

* At 0.27 mins: Angelina: "Vinny is cute. I am down for it. I don't care."
At 1:20 mins: Angelina: "I can't believe I even hooked up with Vinny. He is not my type. I was drunk, that's about it. You know you do stupid things, when you are drunk."

* Uncle Nino = alcoholic (pretty obv)
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
Vinny isn't weak-passive, having the balls to approach a girl is like 99% of the work.
No, that was actually the point being made in the post you quoted (which was a nice analogy) -- that in trying to move up in stakes you're playing a somewhat different game. Trying to grossly oversimplify what it takes to get the higher value/really hot girls as "simply having the balls to approach" is similar to telling someone that all it takes to beat high stakes is "being able to play tight and patient in position". Plenty of guys have the balls to approach the hottest girl in a club and get shot down relentlessly.

Quote:
Hejust read the girl wrong and tried a creepy infatuated approach (which may work on a 35 y.o. hpoa, not on an early 20s gogo dancer)
Yeah but that's kinda the point though. The fact that he thought telling an early 20s gogo dancer that he's "in love with her and won't talk to any more girls the rest of the night" was a good idea is representative of him not having much experience in talking to them and being out of his element.


oh yeah, Pauly D's facial expression when he called the girl at 6am and she answered in the middle of a dead sleep was great.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-14-2010 , 11:59 PM
boobies4me = thread MVP.
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-15-2010 , 12:05 AM
The Situation on The Tonight Show in a few minutes
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote
09-15-2010 , 12:12 AM
gif please of jwoww getting in hottub

i admittedly have no game so my gamedar is totally off

did the girl ramona get creeped out by vinnie or did she have a boyfriend or some other reason? I totally thought she had something else going on, which is why she dogged vinnie. but reading this thread seems like he weirded her out? I didnt catch that, thought he was fairly smooth, until the begging.

and request for spinoff show of just paulie d in the gelato shop with hos coming in
Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach Quote

      
m