Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 AM   #876
TheCroShow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheCroShow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canucks > * AINEC ldo
Posts: 10,581
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Lmao at the over analysis of the situation kissing Vinnie's girl. Its not like theyre dating. Theyre random skanks, the guys are practically kicking them out...move on guys lol
TheCroShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 AM   #877
GambleAB
veteran
 
GambleAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Where the machmen meet
Posts: 2,560
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

re: editing

I love reality shows, but when I watch them I basically just suspend my disbelief and try to be entertained. Because really, at the end of the day, does it matter at all if it's reality, "reality", or straight scripted? I just want to laugh.

But if you think about it, I'd imagine that what happens in most reality shows is that they film everything for a couple of months and then edit stuff together to make for interesting story lines. Along the way there are bound to be a couple of shady edits that completely distort what really happened and just exist either for comedy or to advance story line/arcs. Basically everyone who has ever been made to look bad on every reality show ever talks about this being the case.

There were way more continuity errors in last week's ep (like one scene where Sitch's hair was totally shaved on the sides one minute and then it looked like he had a full head of hair the next), but whatever. It's entertaining and that's really all I care about.

And to that end, I honestly don't understand the deception that people engage in. Ronnie lying to Sammy, the girls writing the note. All of that is clearly going to be shown on national TV in a couple of months, what's the point of lying about it?
GambleAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #878
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,771
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambleAB View Post
But if you think about it, I'd imagine that what happens in most reality shows is that they film everything for a couple of months and then edit stuff together to make for interesting story lines. Along the way there are bound to be a couple of shady edits that completely distort what really happened and just exist either for comedy or to advance story line/arcs. Basically everyone who has ever been made to look bad on every reality show ever talks about this being the case.
Quote:
Because really, at the end of the day, does it matter at all if it's reality, "reality", or straight scripted?
To me, yes, very much so. In season 1, while some scenes were probably put together by the producers to make entertainment (alex/grenade basically breaking & entering into their house to find situation/pauly), the casts reactions seemed mostly genuine. And therein lies the issue, they're all horrible actors. When they try script reactions/lines/scenes, it loses credibility and you're taken out of the moment and feel like you're watching a high school production. I want to believe that there's really people are absurd as this in New Jersey and in S1 I could, now it feels like I'm watching poor audition tapes.....
Daddy Warbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #879
Tyler Durden
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: everywhere
Posts: 15,299
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambleAB View Post
re: editing

I love reality shows, but when I watch them I basically just suspend my disbelief
I thought you were supposed to suspend belief?
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #880
BlitzPlayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,532
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva135 View Post
I really think it's the editing more than anything else that makes it look like it does. Sure, they know they're on camera and they act accordingly, but keep in mind Situation and the others were doing all of this in the first season when they had no fame or audience, they were doing their natural thing in real time. Some of these people are such larger-than-life characters that it's tough to believe that for the most part, this is who these people really are, in real life.

Also, I believe everything the girls say and do are real... none of them seems smart enough to fake all of the stupid **** they do.
good post imo
BlitzPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #881
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

I really doubt the producers would stage something like the girls showing up in season 1. You just don't have to do it with so many drunk people and cameras around.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #882
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Talk radio tells me that Snooki's new boyfriend proposed to her. lollll
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #883
coldplay72
newbie
 
coldplay72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 29
Thumbs up Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

omg this show is the greatest show every
coldplay72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #884
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,362
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I thought you were supposed to suspend belief?
Pretty sure he was right, i.e. to suspend disbelief means you will temporarily not allow yourself to scrutinize something in order to make the unbelievable seem real.

Anyway, he also wrote "at the end of the day" a phrase has been completely wrecked by famewhores, celebrities, and athletes. Almost to a tard they have ruined that trite saying in an attempt to come off as profound. It's right there with "it puts everything in perspective" with cliches that need to be buried.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #885
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

getting real sick of that song

i like it

on the radio
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #886
GambleAB
veteran
 
GambleAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Where the machmen meet
Posts: 2,560
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
To me, yes, very much so. In season 1, while some scenes were probably put together by the producers to make entertainment (alex/grenade basically breaking & entering into their house to find situation/pauly), the casts reactions seemed mostly genuine. And therein lies the issue, they're all horrible actors. When they try script reactions/lines/scenes, it loses credibility and you're taken out of the moment and feel like you're watching a high school production. I want to believe that there's really people are absurd as this in New Jersey and in S1 I could, now it feels like I'm watching poor audition tapes.....

I suppose, but does knowing that there isn't really a Greendale Community College ruin your appreciation of Community?

Anyway, I highly doubt that there is much, if any, straight scripted stuff. It's way more likely that they just leave the kids alone for a couple of months and then just edit things together in a way that tells a story that they want to tell.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I thought you were supposed to suspend belief?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Pretty sure he was right, i.e. to suspend disbelief means you will temporarily not allow yourself to scrutinize something in order to make the unbelievable seem real.

Anyway, he also wrote "at the end of the day" a phrase has been completely wrecked by famewhores, celebrities, and athletes. Almost to a tard they have ruined that trite saying in an attempt to come off as profound. It's right there with "it puts everything in perspective" with cliches that need to be buried.
Yes, that is what the phrase means.

Also, sir, you seem to have very strong opinions about things that don't really matter. I look forward to your future pontifications.
GambleAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #887
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,771
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambleAB View Post
I suppose, but does knowing that there isn't really a Greendale Community College ruin your appreciation of Community?
I actually can't think of a worse comparison.
Daddy Warbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #888
GambleAB
veteran
 
GambleAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Where the machmen meet
Posts: 2,560
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
I actually can't think of a worse comparison.
Yeah, I'm admittedly off on my forum game today, but what can ya do huh?
GambleAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #889
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

i am really pissed i'm going to actually be partying with my buddies in a town with a 4/1 ratio (at least) thursday night and missing jersey shore.
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #890
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Actually the "extraction" scene towards the beginning, while enjoyable, seemed really staged as well. Just the whole way Situation was talking about how they were going to pull it off seemed scripted, and then it all went down too perfectly, with the fat chick just meekly deciding to go to sleep when she allegedly didn't know about the other women and thus theoretically could have hooked up with one of the guys.
I posted this earlier, but my guess is that the hippopotamus saw her friend was going to bang The Situation and wanted to go the house and meet all the guys/get on tv.
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #891
Mittens
Pooh-Bah
 
Mittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brodeur Jersey Still Fits
Posts: 4,711
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Actually the "extraction" scene towards the beginning, while enjoyable, seemed really staged as well. Just the whole way Situation was talking about how they were going to pull it off seemed scripted, and then it all went down too perfectly, with the fat chick just meekly deciding to go to sleep when she allegedly didn't know about the other women and thus theoretically could have hooked up with one of the guys.
yuppers.


This entire season seems to be either:

a) completely staged
b) largely the product of producers suggesting things to the cast members to do for the sake of TV (anonymous letter LOL, inviting the two other girls into the house, everyone leaving Ron behind with Sam then Sam going to check on him just as he's getting in a cab, etc, etc)
Mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #892
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Actually the "extraction" scene towards the beginning, while enjoyable, seemed really staged as well. Just the whole way Situation was talking about how they were going to pull it off seemed scripted, and then it all went down too perfectly, with the fat chick just meekly deciding to go to sleep when she allegedly didn't know about the other women and thus theoretically could have hooked up with one of the guys.
I was thinking the exact same thing, i mean she just goes over there to sleep in someones bed when she could have done the same thing in her own bed? I cant think of any girl that wouldnt try to **** block or be a pain in the ass in that situation, just so wierd that she willingly goes to sleep so easily.

Also one thing i was confused about in this scene was where ronnie was, everybody could have gotten some and we know ronnie isnt one to pass up grenades. I suppose though that even as dumb as he is he realized that he couldnt get tail right under sammies nose and claim to love her 5 minutes later.
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #893
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Wow so much wasted "scripted talk" itt.. for a reality show! Hahahaaa

Everything is scripted or staged on TV.

Last edited by LVGambler; 08-31-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: news flash
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #894
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
Wow so much wasted "scripted talk" itt.. for a reality show! Hahahaaa

Everything is scripted or staged on TV.
No, it isn't.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #895
Salva135
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Salva135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,045
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

The problem isn't with this season, it's when they do a Season 3 and actually go back to the original Jersey Shore town, even more wealthy and famous than they were when they filmed this current season back in the winter. I hope it's edited and packaged in a different way, because there's 0% chance the producers can maintain any semblance of reality or genuineness at that point. But I can't wait!
Salva135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #896
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NozeCandy View Post
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is. So what shows aren't scripted or staged? Besides documentaries and the news (which btw.... lol).
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #897
FlyingRat
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,409
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
Yes, it is. So what shows aren't scripted or staged? Besides documentaries and the news (which btw.... lol).
Jersey Shore
FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #898
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva135 View Post
The problem isn't with this season, it's when they do a Season 3 and actually go back to the original Jersey Shore town, even more wealthy and famous than they were when they filmed this current season back in the winter. I hope it's edited and packaged in a different way, because there's 0% chance the producers can maintain any semblance of reality or genuineness at that point. But I can't wait!
i kinda think it makes it better with jealous haters and stuff but most people probably disagree
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #899
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,999
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

haters wont be let anywhere close these guys
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #900
Xaston
Pooh-Bah
 
Xaston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UYD Nation
Posts: 4,528
Re: Jersey Shore Season 2: Taking their Talents to South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
Yes, it is. So what shows aren't scripted or staged? Besides documentaries and the news (which btw.... lol).
Fox has renewed a TV show called COPS for a 23rd season. Its creator John Langley said Its an existential variety show dramatic, life-threatening, philosophical and legal. Were still the only show on television with no script, no actors, no host and no reenactments.
Xaston is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive