Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Dexter: season 5 Dexter: season 5

11-10-2010 , 12:32 PM
Agree that the show has lost a ton of quality. The Boyd/Chase storyline is interesting. Julia Stiles is horrible in every meaning of the word. Deb/Angel/LaGuerta/Santa Muerte storyline is all awful. Quinn storyline is boring.
11-10-2010 , 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGame
i knew that part but i thought there was more to it since they set them up as a displays.


wtf is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Phill]
True as in he believes it? Probably.

It isnt, that im aware, an actual spoiler. Plus the nationalities of the two characters are different. I highly doubt it is true.
lol i'm just trying to think like a tv writer for a show in it's latter seasons
11-10-2010 , 04:29 PM
Dexter getting caught would be ****ing terrible, unless you expect them to end the show this season which im 99% sure they arent.

Im happy to say that this seems to be the worst season so far. It is also improving as they pick up pace. Yes, a few scenes are lazy and some of the side stories are not interesting, but you dont need to just repeat the same thing over and over and over every single week.
11-10-2010 , 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Phill]
but you dont need to just repeat the same thing over and over and over every single week.
i was taught to protest until my demands are met
11-10-2010 , 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPoker8
Quinn storyline is boring.
It's like a less interesting version of the doakes story from S2....
11-11-2010 , 03:01 AM
yeah but the ladies like him
11-11-2010 , 10:22 AM
I think quinn ends up on dexter's table by the end of this season
11-11-2010 , 10:55 AM
Robocop definitely will, he's too shady not to.
11-11-2010 , 07:03 PM
I think there will be more to this nanny than meets the eye. Any predictions?
11-11-2010 , 09:22 PM
The nanny is kind of hard to make important because earlier she tried to separate herself from Dexter and Harrison. If she has some hidden agenda it would be pretty weird.

It's not like last season when the reporter chick seemed too important a character to just be a reporter.

The nanny is serving the purpose of giving Dexter freedom. To manufacture some twist out of that situation would be extremely ridiculous.
11-12-2010 , 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstantineX
...they are clearly foreshadowing Lumen to be Dexter's next love interest...the physical affection, awkward conversations, and Dex bringing the baby over clearly point to it...arghh
is "love interest" the best terminology? if dexter loves any of these women/people, i don't think i understand the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubonicplay
is there going to be a 6th season?
if not the earth will stop spinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks
I don't know where they're going with this babysitter thing.....

Also deb walking around in underwear = a lot more DO NOT WANT than i would have expected.....
deb isn't the prettiest imo, and to each, his own... blah blah blah... but her body... in the dark... i don't have many problems with

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitekid
the club scene was 'walker texas ranger' level bad.
it was awful. did i miss something that prevented them from sending in a few swat guys to walk up to the 2 targets and disable them instantly?? seems like that shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuraVida96
I keep hoping for Jack Bauer vs Christopher Henderson 2.0 in Miami.
every time he's on screen i think of chris henderson!! what a great role that was... i loved the "spy vs spy" aspect in their battles; the character on dexter is pretty good too imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouB21
I think there will be more to this nanny than meets the eye. Any predictions?
i had a thought about the end of the show about a week ago but forgot to go on record. blame my vaporizer. anyway, i think that
Spoiler:
there's a possibility that this is the last season. deb finds dexter killing her lover, quinn, and proceeds either kill dexter or be killed by dexter. pretty simple and i hope its nothing like this or any variation of it, however i fear the writers may take the easy route out now that they are getting into the harder seasons to write
11-12-2010 , 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo


i had a thought about the end of the show about a week ago but forgot to go on record. blame my vaporizer. anyway, i think that
Spoiler:
there's a possibility that this is the last season. deb finds dexter killing her lover, quinn, and proceeds either kill dexter or be killed by dexter. pretty simple and i hope its nothing like this or any variation of it, however i fear the writers may take the easy route out now that they are getting into the harder seasons to write
Spoiler:
There is no way that either Deb kills or is killed by Dexter
11-12-2010 , 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumer
The nanny is kind of hard to make important because earlier she tried to separate herself from Dexter and Harrison. If she has some hidden agenda it would be pretty weird.

It's not like last season when the reporter chick seemed too important a character to just be a reporter.

The nanny is serving the purpose of giving Dexter freedom. To manufacture some twist out of that situation would be extremely ridiculous.
Completely understand your point, but there was some pretty unsubtle foreshadowing when Deb piped up "maybe she has a record and she's on the run?"

I'm envisioning them putting her details into the system and finding some previous baby snatching crime (while she's with Harrison and they're all "O ****!!"
11-12-2010 , 12:57 PM
well they have built her up as pure as Mother Mary herself so yeah i get a little suspicious when a show does that.
11-12-2010 , 02:18 PM
Anyone else recognize the nanny?


Right?
11-12-2010 , 02:29 PM
wrong
11-12-2010 , 02:43 PM
Really?! Damn.
11-12-2010 , 05:58 PM
I don't know how much longer I can watch this show. This whole season has been pretty horrible. The Peter Weller story line is the only one I like, because it makes me think "What's going to happen to Dexter?". Every single other person / plot is so stupid and bad this year that I don't care one bit what happens to them or if they live or die.
11-12-2010 , 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by relderretep
Spoiler:
There is no way that either Deb kills or is killed by Dexter

hmmm.... really? you think? interesting (and encouraging for me) that you seem so certain as i fear this is likely to happen i hope you're right
11-13-2010 , 09:24 AM
i dont look foward to dexter episodes anymore. that is sad. i prob wont be watching them weekly anymore. when the season is overs ill marathon through them some boring day.
11-13-2010 , 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo
hmmm.... really? you think? interesting (and encouraging for me) that you seem so certain as i fear this is likely to happen i hope you're right
But the code!
11-13-2010 , 02:12 PM
When is the next ep out by the way?
11-14-2010 , 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGangi
Anyone else recognize the nanny?


Right?
this was only 20 years ago
11-14-2010 , 01:47 AM
That's Mary McDonell. The nanny is no Stands with a Fist / Laura Roslin!
11-14-2010 , 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo
hmmm.... really? you think? interesting (and encouraging for me) that you seem so certain as i fear this is likely to happen i hope you're right
yea i just think it would be a little too extreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouB21
When is the next ep out by the way?
gonna run tonight.

      
m