Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #1426
gwizzlersoxfan
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofocused978 View Post
The Harrow takeover scene was the nuts. What was the meaning of the Nuckys rose coming off?
Imo was about conversation w/ eli and how they never knew when enough was enough. Also it's his signature look and I'm guessing he's happy to blend in a bit more these days
gwizzlersoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #1427
Sommerset
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,853
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOut View Post
Only let down was the way Gyp finally went. Thought there'd be some epic scene, not some guy saying sorry. Wasn't that the guy who's cousin he beat with the shovel? Why would he say sorry?

Everything else was great. ?'s....

Is Jillian dead or just drugged?

Did they set up Rothstein and Masseria too?
I see what you're saying about Rosetti, I actually wouldn't have minded him slinking away to rebuild if they chose to go that way...

Yea, Masseria and Rothstein both set up in a sense. Masseria a falling domino, his balls cut off so as to be controllable by Nucky, and Rothestein will likely be busted by Randolph as revenge for not backing Nucky Earlier.

Thought Harrow was with Nucky initially, wonder now how he knew the exact time to start shooting. Maybe he just didn't care, a solider looking for a place to die.
Sommerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #1428
Paul Openfold
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,303
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

5* finale ainec
Paul Openfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #1429
OneOut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,607
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommerset View Post
I see what you're saying about Rosetti, I actually wouldn't have minded him slinking away to rebuild if they chose to go that way...

Yea, Masseria and Rothstein both set up in a sense. Masseria a falling domino, his balls cut off so as to be controllable by Nucky, and Rothestein will likely be busted by Randolph as revenge for not backing Nucky Earlier.

Thought Harrow was with Nucky initially, wonder now how he knew the exact time to start shooting. Maybe he just didn't care, a solider looking for a place to die.
He was probably staking the place out and saw everyone leave. Definitely didn't want to die. He had a mission and a purpose to make sure Tommy was safely out of that house.
OneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #1430
Conz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Conz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,918
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Gillian surviving is terrible.

I'm satisfied with everything else. Can't say I love how Gyp went out, with the on the nose symbolism and the weird impression, but all in all, im satisfied.

Was nervous Eli would accidentally shoot Richard as soon as i saw the timing of the episode during Richard's shoot out.
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #1431
trob888
Pooh-Bah
 
trob888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,140
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Sobotka View Post
Lost power with 7 minutes left, Mellon was on phone with broad lawyer. FML.
epic phone sex scene, you missed a good one
trob888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #1432
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

The Harrow part needed more of a setup. His first scene is like 40 minutes in and he's just blasting everybody. A little too random that he came in just as Masseria's men were leaving.

Also didn't like the Capone part, they should have done even more to indicate that next year he's going to be a major player (an extended sit down with Nucky would have been nice for example; I thought they were going to work out an exclusive booze deal freezing out AR for good).

The Luciano part was well done, didn't completely understand it though; does Luciano still owe Masseria 100k?

8/10 as far as finales go. A little bit of a let down.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #1433
Conz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Conz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,918
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

what's Richard's story next year?
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #1434
Sommerset
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,853
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOut View Post
He was probably staking the place out and saw everyone leave. Definitely didn't want to die. He had a mission and a purpose to make sure Tommy was safely out of that house.
Well he may not have then, but he probably does now. If you remember he already tried to take his own life once. All he knows is combat, when the combat ends men like him are useless, at least in their own minds.
Sommerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #1435
cookieb
veteran
 
cookieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,268
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrk2 View Post

Also didn't like the Capone part, they should have done even more to indicate that next year he's going to be a major player (an extended sit down with Nucky would have been nice for example; I thought they were going to work out an exclusive booze deal freezing out AR for good).
I totally disagree with this, we don't need everything spelled out. We know Capone will be a major player, they made it clear throughout the season that he would be taking over. Also, he is Al Capone.
cookieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #1436
gwizzlersoxfan
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149
Why would Eli and Nucky go in there w/ no other muscle?
gwizzlersoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #1437
MDPokerAA
adept
 
MDPokerAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 766
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Simply amazing. Richard Harrow is the f'ing man.
MDPokerAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #1438
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Also why tell Gyp's #2 to send Gyp's body back to Masseria as some kind of message when you negotiated via Rothstein with Masseria to pull out of AC? Doesn't make sense.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #1439
Jzo19
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jzo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 11,339
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrk2 View Post
Also why tell Gyp's #2 to send Gyp's body back to Masseria as some kind of message when you negotiated via Rothstein with Masseria to pull out of AC. Doesn't make sense.
that deal w/ masseria / rothstein is over. , nucky turned on AR , and killed masseria's men .
Jzo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #1440
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieb View Post
I totally disagree with this, we don't need everything spelled out. We know Capone will be a major player, they made it clear throughout the season that he would be taking over. Also, he is Al Capone.
Not about spelling things out. I thought it was the right time to see Capone making business decisions, not just killing people.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #1441
OneOut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,607
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrk2 View Post
Also why tell Gyp's #2 to send Gyp's body back to Masseria as some kind of message when you negotiated via Rothstein with Masseria to pull out of AC? Doesn't make sense.
Because they set up Masseria and Rothstein and slaughtered all his men I think.
OneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #1442
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzo19 View Post
that deal w/ masseria / rothstein is over. , nucky turned on AR , and killed masseria's men .
The message was killing Masseria's men in the ambush, it didn't make sense over and above that to send back Gyp's body as Masseria already gave Gyp up.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #1443
Sommerset
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,853
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrk2 View Post
The message was killing Masseria's men in the ambush, it didn't make sense over and above that to send back Gyp's body as Masseria already gave Gyp up.
To give him the ultimatum: "Knuckle Under or Die"
Sommerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #1444
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommerset View Post
To give him the ultimatum: "Knuckle Under or Die"
What's the ultimatum? Knuckle under or I will kill the guy you tell me you don't care if I kill? Taking out his men in the woods was the message, the writers sort of goofed logic-wise trying to do the eye for an eye, dead guy in a box for a dead guy in a box thing.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #1445
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,243
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conz View Post
what's Richard's story next year?
still got half a face, still killing people
thedeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #1446
trob888
Pooh-Bah
 
trob888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,140
It bugged me that Rothstein didn't see through the trap when Nucky gave up 99% so easily
trob888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #1447
Wubbie075
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: City so nice they named it twice
Posts: 2,593
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Great episode! That actually would have been a very satisfying series finale to me.

Glad it's coming back though.

I think Harrow is done for the series. We just need a Kung Fu style spin off with him wandering the country solving ppl's problems.
Wubbie075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #1448
gwizzlersoxfan
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
still got half a face, still killing people
Vwp
gwizzlersoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #1449
smrk2
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,121
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob888 View Post
It bugged me that Rothstein didn't see through the trap when Nucky gave up 99% so easily
Rothstein doesn't seem like he has a good sense of Nucky's political/Washington resources.
smrk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #1450
MDPokerAA
adept
 
MDPokerAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 766
Re: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbie075 View Post
Great episode! That actually would have been a very satisfying series finale to me.

Glad it's coming back though.

I think Harrow is done for the series. We just need a Kung Fu style spin off with him wandering the country solving ppl's problems.
No way, Winter and the BE writers know that Richard is pretty much everyone's (the viewers) favorite character.
MDPokerAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive