Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2015, 02:13 AM   #6201
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Was really close like 31-28 minutes. Was some kind of spider web type comp with unscrambling letters.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:14 AM   #6202
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Not surprised by that.

Part 3 has most luck in it but I think Steve might have better read on the jury.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:17 AM   #6203
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I don't think Steve has a better read at all. He has no idea who didn't like him, who was aligned etc. But it really doesn't matter like you said it's luck. I bet they both miss JMacs answer which I'm gonna guess is what was your worst move and he would answer not evicting Steve.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:20 AM   #6204
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I've heard Steve mention John was a threat with jury and Vanessa thought he was Victoria. Doesn't matter tho we agree a lot luck involved.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:27 AM   #6205
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Vanessa has to tell Steve if you don't take me I'm not voting for you and if I don't take you don't vote for me, that's 3 votes against us and still cut him. He'll still vote for her if she does it.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:28 AM   #6206
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,062
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

It's pretty clear Steve thinks he's made f2 while Vanessa is avoiding the topic and has no intention of taking him if she wins.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:30 AM   #6207
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Vanessa has to tell Steve if you don't take me I'm not voting for you and if I don't take you don't vote for me, that's 3 votes against us and still cut him. He'll still vote for her if she does it.
That's what I'd do. If he's worried over Jackie vote he might be scared of taking Liz.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:56 AM   #6208
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

seems like part 3 should be a battle for first place vs third place and Liz will get second
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:58 AM   #6209
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

also part 3 is usually a crapshoot; let's not act like there's a lot of skill or anything. I would line it at basically an even 5050. Cody beat Derrick in it and Ian beat dan. Anythings gonna happen and it could easily come down to a random tiebreaker too
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:18 AM   #6210
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Hopefully Van read into Steve a little and realized he might not take her. She has to convince him how Shelli is Liz's sorority sister if he takes her that's 4 right there plus Becky and Jackie have said all along they want a female winner and Meg ans James hate him and have a strong bond with Austin.

Dr Will could cost Vanessa the game. Steve thinks because he usually does the jury round table he will convince them to vote for who played better and that's Vanessa.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:25 AM   #6211
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Don't think Dr Will doing it this year but they don't know that.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 AM   #6212
eaglesfaan
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 456
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
Not surprised by that.

Part 3 has most luck in it but I think Steve might have better read on the jury.
I don't think Steve has a decent read on any person in the world except his mom, he may or may not have a solid read on her. He is def on the bottom of the cast in that regard.

But yeah, part 3 is such a crapshoot. I think Derrick mentioned last year he thought some people answered the opposite of what they normally would just to throw a wrench into things.
eaglesfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:14 AM   #6213
eaglesfaan
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 456
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCheck View Post
Jason did pretty much suck. But he doesn't suck. What i mean is he is a superfan and knows this game like the back of his hand. His skill level is very high. Problem was he underperformed for whatever reason, probably nerves.

Jeff didn't know the game's ins and outs on a steve, jason, or austin level but his manipulations skills were very good. He's a true salesman. If only he could stop talking out in the open about players he wanted evicted he may have went far. And if vanessa didn't take him out when she did we woulda saw a completely different season. One with no Vanessa and Austin and alot of goblins and clay.

I was gonna put shelli on the list of good players but it's kinda dicey. I see her a level below these other players from bb17, but certainly better than most bb16 players.

Audrey could have been a very good player too if she wasn't cray cray. She's a reality tv gamer. But she just couldn't help but overplay. She was vanessa on steroids but vanessa being on a higher level of intelligence.

Becky was a good athletic comp player and showed she had some cohones to make big moves when she targeted vanessa. It blew up in her face because her allies got wishy washy on her. But it showed she wasn't just a dumb girl floater. If she didn't go after vanessa she may have lasted long in this game.

Clay wasn't horrible either. At first his lips were too loose but with vanessa and shelli's help he tightened up his game.

Skill level was a big difference imo. Last year was a bunch of dumb models +franky and christine against an undercover cop. Derrick played flawlessly but he was never really tested. Vanessa had alot of snakes looking to target and throw shade on her the whole game because they were much more thinking and conniving players. Those bb16 models never thought on that level for the most part. If vanessa was put in Derricks spot last year i think she wins with a much less bumpy road than she had this year.
Jason just didn't have any skills or instinct for the game. He was a superfan but had no idea whatsoever how to apply it. He just sat and smoked without doing anything. He gets 0 credit in my book, same as Meg & J-Mac.

Agree that Jeff could've been very tough if he stayed in. He was a convincing guy, he just overplayed socially without being smart about who he told what. He could've been a force to reckoned with if he stayed longer, he was the guy that could've brought the whole other side of the house together. Lots of potential, he just overplayed early & did it stupidly.

Becky was solid in comps. Small credit to her for deciding to just not float after a little while. Socially no one respected her though. She wasn't able to accomplish anything because she didn't command any respect. The only thing she did worth of value was throw Vanessa under the bus. I'd lump her in with James for how they played the game.

Audrey was willing to play the game but couldn't back it up with any skills. Replace Audrey's willingness to play the game with Jason's knowledge of BB and you may have a decent player. She just didn't display any skills whatsoever besides her willingness to play the game so I put her on the bottom or close to the bottom of the cast because of that.

Shelli & Clay both had potential, their showmance killed them. Shelli > Clay though, I think Clay would've been similar to Jeff, going home because of social overplay had it not been for the social guidance of Shelli & Vanessa. The season would've played out totally different if Shelli decided to go with the goblins side of the house early on instead of going with Vanessa. Shelli basically would've been in Vanessa's role on the other side house.
eaglesfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #6214
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Vanessa has to tell Steve if you don't take me I'm not voting for you and if I don't take you don't vote for me, that's 3 votes against us and still cut him. He'll still vote for her if she does it.
100 percent agree she should do this.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #6215
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
It's pretty clear Steve thinks he's made f2 while Vanessa is avoiding the topic and has no intention of taking him if she wins.
I disagree with this. Steve has said when by himself he knows vanessa will take liz. He and vanessa are just playing the acting game to each other "we did it. we don't even need to win the final leg as we're final 2. Oh but i'm not gonna throw it nor should you even though we don't need it." I think both will probably take liz. And steve and vanessa aren't stupid. They realize the other will prolly take liz. Steve might take vanessa if she tells him if he doesn't keep her he loses her vote, meaning 3 against him. Plus she should mention austin is tight with james and meg and can convince them to vote for liz to win. That's the 5. And tell him she has lost the austwins vote because she took out austin so that would be 3 for him +jmac+becky+jackie+meg+james. That he will win 8 to 1(shelli for vanessa, but she can claim even shelli might vote for steve.) vs vanessa but lose 5 to 3 vs liz. Not that all that is necessarily true but it is possible outcome he could believe. That could be the vote if the jury is bitter/don't like vanessa so they give it to steve. Give the Ian beat Dan speech basically that ian won because the jury was so pissed at dan.

I guess vanessa could take either as she wins easy against either unless a bitter jury result. If it's bitter it doesn't matter who she faces. Steve is more liked by the house though, and the house knows how much it means to him, so still safer for vanessa to take liz.

If steve wins and takes liz to finals will be such a bad beat for finals drama. Not getting to see the jury ask vanessa questions and see vanessa give her reasons why she should win. If steve wins final hoh and takes Liz though he deseres to win. He played an excellent game that is so underrated by most. I saw an article rating steve in the top 10 woat player in bb history. What a joke. Closer to top 10 goat than woat.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 09-19-2015 at 09:16 AM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #6216
wetleg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wetleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,642
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
Don't think Dr Will doing it this year but they don't know that.
I think it's gonna be Derrick.
wetleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #6217
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetleg View Post
I think it's gonna be Derrick.
That's wouldn't be as good for vanessa. He's the only past champion i've noticed who doesn't praise her game as much as others. When james said to vanessa "you're playing too hard" and vanessa responded "did you win last year?" derrick tweeted "i did win last year and i agree with james you're playing too hard." But he has a love for james because of james having a kid. Derrick also said a few weeks back vanessa definitely made a name for herself this year. Question is will she be in the same category as janelle, rachel, and danielle(not sure which danielle? If reyes that's a compliment. But prolly he means Donato because vanessa did good at comps like donato, janelle, and rachel.) This seems a bit wrong. Why just compare her to female stars of the game? Especially females that weren't that good if danielle donato and not reyes. I think it's an insult for derrick to just see vanessa(compare her to only good comp players) as a comp beast and not give her credit for her manipulation skills and how she controlled the game.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 09-19-2015 at 02:03 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #6218
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,062
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCheck View Post
I disagree with this. Steve has said when by himself he knows vanessa will take liz. He and vanessa are just playing the acting game to each other "we did it. we don't even need to win the final leg as we're final 2. Oh but i'm not gonna throw it nor should you even though we don't need it." I think both will probably take liz. And steve and vanessa aren't stupid. They realize the other will prolly take liz. Steve might take vanessa if she tells him if he doesn't keep her he loses her vote, meaning 3 against him. Plus she should mention austin is tight with james and meg and can convince them to vote for liz to win. That's the 5. And tell him she has lost the austwins vote because she took out austin so that would be 3 for him +jmac+becky+jackie+meg+james. That he will win 8 to 1(shelli for vanessa, but she can claim even shelli might vote for steve.) vs vanessa but lose 5 to 3 vs liz. Not that all that is necessarily true but it is possible outcome he could believe. That could be the vote if the jury is bitter/don't like vanessa so they give it to steve. Give the Ian beat Dan speech basically that ian won because the jury was so pissed at dan.
You may be right that he was acting. If so, he fooled me because he seemed genuinely excited and elated and kept telling Vanessa things like "should we tell Liz" and "I won 50k!", so I was buying that he thinks Vanessa is going to honor their f2 agreement and take him. And also that he thinks Vanessa thinks he's going to take her.

Maybe it was a combination of acting along with real excitement over the fact that he now gets a showdown with Vanessa in part 3 for what will likely be all the marbles. Also I suppose he could be trying to make her question herself and feel guilty about not honoring their f2, although that would be a pretty advanced move for Steve given what we've seen of him so far.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #6219
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
You may be right that he was acting. If so, he fooled me because he seemed genuinely excited and elated and kept telling Vanessa things like "should we tell Liz" and "I won 50k!", so I was buying that he thinks Vanessa is going to honor their f2 agreement and take him. And also that he thinks Vanessa thinks he's going to take her.

Maybe it was a combination of acting along with real excitement over the fact that he now gets a showdown with Vanessa in part 3 for what will likely be all the marbles. Also I suppose he could be trying to make her question herself and feel guilty about not honoring their f2, although that would be a pretty advanced move for Steve given what we've seen of him so far.
I think it is exactly what your 2nd paragraph says.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #6220
VTChess
Pooh-Bah
 
VTChess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queen Victoria
Posts: 5,839
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Sounds like Steve is definitely planning on evicting Vanessa if he wins part 3 of the HOH. So glad Steve won part 2 so at least he have this epic sweat on finale night. Let's see if Vanessa can win yet another 50/50 flip with her life on the line
VTChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #6221
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTChess View Post
Sounds like Steve is definitely planning on evicting Vanessa if he wins part 3 of the HOH. So glad Steve won part 2 so at least he have this epic sweat on finale night. Let's see if Vanessa can win yet another 50/50 flip with her life on the line
this is a gambling forum. You really need to look up 50/50 flip.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #6222
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTChess View Post
Sounds like Steve is definitely planning on evicting Vanessa if he wins part 3 of the HOH. So glad Steve won part 2 so at least he have this epic sweat on finale night. Let's see if Vanessa can win yet another 50/50 flip with her life on the line
I think they both realize whoever wins this comp wins 500k and whoever loses gets 0, pretty big bubble. Vanessa may feel slight chance steve takes, her but really it's all on the line. If she's thinks the comp doesn't give her a decent edge i could see her trying to make a money deal like save 100k(a 100k gift) to the other if one of us wins the game. We would never know of course.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 09-20-2015 at 09:23 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #6223
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

has that stupid montage episode been part of previous seasons and I have just blocked it from my memory?
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #6224
VTChess
Pooh-Bah
 
VTChess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queen Victoria
Posts: 5,839
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
this is a gambling forum. You really need to look up 50/50 flip.
I think you really need to rewatch past seasons of how random the part 3 questions are
VTChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #6225
VTChess
Pooh-Bah
 
VTChess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queen Victoria
Posts: 5,839
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
has that stupid montage episode been part of previous seasons and I have just blocked it from my memory?
Every single season brah
VTChess is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive