Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #4526
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Twins finally realizing that making an alliance with every single person in the house while in power is not optimal.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #4527
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

forgot how much the twins hate john. he's definitely going home barring Vanessa shenanigans
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:59 AM   #4528
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
The difference is that Meg was crying in the shower because she was upset with herself. When Vanessa throws her (usually public) tantrums it's because SOMEONE LIED TO HER or THEY DIDN'T COME SEE HER or THEY BETRAYED HER. It's always their fault, because she is such a perfect person who can do no wrong! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I see your point here. I don't agree with vanessa's crying for some of these reasons. If people want to hate her for this that is fine, seems a bit extreme but i get it. But i bet if Meg and others are crying over little things i wonder how they'd act if the whole house pinned everything that happens in the house on her/them and treated like they were dead man walking like Audrey and vanessa were treated.

The problem i have is people hating her and blaming her for everything that happens in the house that is either totally not her fault or a team decision with her alliances most of the time. The other players never take responsibility for their own mistakes and culpability and just put it on vanessa. Saying she's the same as Audrey and a liar and betrayer. Because almost everyone in the house has done worse than her but she's the only "bad guy".
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:01 AM   #4529
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

It's hilarious how bad everyone is. They all want to vote based on what is worst for Vanessa's game above all other criteria.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:12 AM   #4530
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,065
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Twins finally realizing that making an alliance with every single person in the house while in power is not optimal.
That was Vanessa's idea iirc. I remember she made that criss-crossing gesture with her hands to indicate "we'll have a six person alliance with the four of us and Steve and John over here, and a six person alliance with James and Meg over here". Probably not one of her better ones.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:46 AM   #4531
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Maybe it was I didn't watch that go down.

But this is hilarious. I believe Vanessa has fully gained control of Austwins again.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #4532
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

They could be playing her though because they haven't talked without her there.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:51 AM   #4533
napoleoninrags2
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,076
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I think that was legit, because it makes sense. They should have been doing exactly what they're imagining.
napoleoninrags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:01 AM   #4534
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

That's why I think it is legit also.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #4535
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Very nice person this Vanessa. She did everything she could to win Veto, did it all for Austin so that Austin wouldn't get any more blood on his hands. A wonderful woman she is.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:17 AM   #4536
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Pretty much twisting her words/intent of her statement as usual. She meant if she realized "the plan" earlier and knew she needed to win she would have had a better time but the only thing she was playing for was Austin not to get blood which he would have.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #4537
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Pretty much twisting her words/intent of her statement as usual. She meant if she realized "the plan" earlier and knew she needed to win she would have had a better time but the only thing she was playing for was Austin not to get blood which he would have.
LOL you delusional fanboys kill me. I'm repeating her words verbatim. She said she did it all for Austin that she won the veto to help Austin out so he wouldn't get more blood on his hands. Your point doesn't even make sense. I'm positive if you were in the house you would be the Donny of the season and believe every word Vanessa says.

You see and hear what you want to see like the way Liz had feelings for Austin for the first 50 days when everything about her body language and everything she said in the DRs said otherwise. It's like discussing religion with you fanboys. Would you love Vanessa this much if she wasn't a poker player? Unbelievable.

Last edited by 4thstreetpete; 08-23-2015 at 05:51 AM.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:28 AM   #4538
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Yes that is why I said twisting the intent because she clarified after she said those words.

Because her body language and what she said in DR couldn't have been because she didn't want to be a homewrecker on national tv right?
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #4539
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post

Because her body language and what she said in DR couldn't have been because she didn't want to be a homewrecker on national tv right?
Wow, so just because there's a chance that she's lying means that she definitely has feelings for him at that time? I guess you're one of those guys that are always in denial too if a girl ever tells you that she's not interested in you.

Here's the truth, trust me on this as I'm a real ladies man and can read woman's body language very well. Liz and Austin's relationship right now is similar to when inmates are in a prison and they become very close after spending way too much time together. The reason? They're confined and people by nature need companionship. Once they get out of prison, they're like WTF was I thinking? This is exactly what's going on with Liz right now.

There is a 0% chance that Liz would ever be with Austin once they get out of the house.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #4540
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

It's hilarious that Austin is agreeing with Vanessa because he had the same thoughts earlier in the day. What he doesn't realize is Vanessa told him the exact same thing a day ago so his thoughts are from her. A lot of Vanessa's crazy theories are what she would do if she were in other people's shoes but she doesn't realize no one is strategizing anywhere close to what she is.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #4541
JB91
veteran
 
JB91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brrap Brrap Pew Pew
Posts: 3,106
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

This is the perfect time to shift the house to target Austin so Vanessa should use this veto and she should probably use it on JMac.

It forces Austin to put up James or Meg which will damage his relationship with them so it will create a situation where James, John, Steve and Meg are unhappy with Austin and the twins. It also allows her to finally have a strategic relationship with Jmac. Which is fairly crucial as all 3 jurors aren't fans of Vanessa but will be more willing to work with her if John is suddenly in her corner. That's the main advantage of using it on John as Steve will have a more difficult time working with the returning player. Additionally if John is voted out and comes back he'll still be gunning for V whereas if Steve is voted out and makes it back he'll target Austin and the twins. Of course it is all dependent on if John is willing to work with Vanessa.
JB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #4542
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thstreetpete View Post
Wow, so just because there's a chance that she's lying means that she definitely has feelings for him at that time? I guess you're one of those guys that are always in denial too if a girl ever tells you that she's not interested in you.

Here's the truth, trust me on this as I'm a real ladies man and can read woman's body language very well. Liz and Austin's relationship right now is similar to when inmates are in a prison and they become very close after spending way too much time together. The reason? They're confined and people by nature need companionship. Once they get out of prison, they're like WTF was I thinking? This is exactly what's going on with Liz right now.

There is a 0% chance that Liz would ever be with Austin once they get out of the house.
Anyone could be a "ladies man" if they went after women who look like Sarah.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:44 AM   #4543
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Anyone could be a "ladies man" if they went after women who look like Sarah.
My aren't you witty.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:44 AM   #4544
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB91 View Post
This is the perfect time to shift the house to target Austin so Vanessa should use this veto and she should probably use it on JMac.

It forces Austin to put up James or Meg which will damage his relationship with them so it will create a situation where James, John, Steve and Meg are unhappy with Austin and the twins. It also allows her to finally have a strategic relationship with Jmac. Which is fairly crucial as all 3 jurors aren't fans of Vanessa but will be more willing to work with her if John is suddenly in her corner. That's the main advantage of using it on John as Steve will have a more difficult time working with the returning player. Additionally if John is voted out and comes back he'll still be gunning for V whereas if Steve is voted out and makes it back he'll target Austin and the twins. Of course it is all dependent on if John is willing to work with Vanessa.
If it forces Austin to put them up how could it possibly damage their relationship? John will never work with Vanessa. If she uses veto without Austin's consent it's the worst possible thing she could do.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #4545
JB91
veteran
 
JB91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brrap Brrap Pew Pew
Posts: 3,106
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
If it forces Austin to put them up how could it possibly damage their relationship? John will never work with Vanessa. If she uses veto without Austin's consent it's the worst possible thing she could do.
Austin still has to put one of them up. Which means that that one will feel like they are more expendable thus creating negative feelings.

Austin will only consent if the target shifts to James. So if she uses the veto with Austin's consent without first dealing with Jmac and Steve then Austin can play it off as he convinced Van to use the veto and their (Jmac, Steve, Austwins) original plan of voting out Vanessa or James this week was successful. Which would be a fail for Vanessa.

I highly doubt JMac would be unwilling to work with Vanessa if his options are either working with her or being evicted. Once he becomes convinced that the Austwins want him out this week he'll realise that his only ally is Steve and that he needs to make a new plan.

The best thing she can do is go to Steve and John together and tell them that Austin wants her to keep the noms the same because he can play it off that they just got unlucky that the BD plan fell through. If the three of them together can work out a way to convince Austin to put James up as the target they will then all be golden when the returning juror comes in and Vanessa will be able to slide through for a few more weeks.
JB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #4546
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Maybe it was I didn't watch that go down.

But this is hilarious. I believe Vanessa has fully gained control of Austwins again.
As tonight finished i would say the austwins trust vanessa more than anyone in the house, and vice versa on vanessa trusting them. It's good to see the family back together again. It's been a bumpy road but now their back on course.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #4547
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I still don't get what Vanessa's endgame is. She has to know that she can't take Austin or Julia to the end unless Liz gets out first, and to accomplish that she has to get other people to turn on the twins. And I haven't seen her even begin to plant seeds for that yet. And she also needs to repair her relationship with steve because she's gonna need him to help break up the Austwins eventually.
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:28 AM   #4548
JB91
veteran
 
JB91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brrap Brrap Pew Pew
Posts: 3,106
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcohen View Post
I still don't get what Vanessa's endgame is. She has to know that she can't take Austin or Julia to the end unless Liz gets out first, and to accomplish that she has to get other people to turn on the twins. And I haven't seen her even begin to plant seeds for that yet. And she also needs to repair her relationship with steve because she's gonna need him to help break up the Austwins eventually.
I also don't think she can beat Austin, Liz or Julia in a jury vote. They will automatically have 2 votes and there's most likely going to be at least 3 people on the jury that will vote for anyone over Vanessa. If she is next to anyone else she will have a great shot at getting the votes from Austin, Liz and Julia.
JB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #4549
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Anyone who likes Meg and hates Vanessa should turn their channel to the Bachelor and never watch BB ever again. Period.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #4550
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcohen View Post
I still don't get what Vanessa's endgame is. She has to know that she can't take Austin or Julia to the end unless Liz gets out first, and to accomplish that she has to get other people to turn on the twins. And I haven't seen her even begin to plant seeds for that yet. And she also needs to repair her relationship with steve because she's gonna need him to help break up the Austwins eventually.
This does seem to be a huge hole in her game. She also needs to be planting the seeds of the "the best player should get the votes". As I said I don't watch the feeds but it seems like right now she isn't getting a lot of votes although in the exit interviews everyone always comments how a good a player she is which could be a positive for her.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive