Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #4176
eaglesfaan
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 456
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
Liz says Becky would go after her & Julia, but Johnny Mac would go after Vanessa "and unfortunately Austin which I'm okay with."
How can the twins believe this? Becky won't shut up about Vanessa whenever someone will listen. The twins thinking for themselves won't work out too well.
eaglesfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #4177
jcohen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37,804
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

haven't been able to watch the feeds much since the double eviction. is there actually any chance they backdoor Vanessa?
jcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:09 AM   #4178
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Very interesting listening to Austin last night by himself in HOH room talk about a whole bunch of stuff. He said he thinks he could be great friends with vanessa after the show/outside the house. Unless it goes real bad because she may hate him for what he thinks he's gonna do to her in the game. And that he thinks she's very loyal and a good person. So if he thinks she's loyal and a good person why does he want to get rid of her? Why not cut her a break like she cut you? I think because he knows he can't beat her in a final 2.

Vanessa should have a heart to heart with Austin alone. She has to know she's on shaky ground with him and he has the power of the house. She also knows they have a bond from the beginning and she should try and bring that back. She knows he's an emotional guy. So if she sat him down and said "listen, alot of stuff went down in this game and i'm sorry for my f ups and paranoia. I like you alot and i hope we can be good friends after this. I hope you'll still have my back in this game as i still have yours. I know you're thing with Liz so i don't expect a final 2 and i'm fine with that. Just give me a shot to win a comp by letting me get to 3. Or at least 4 if you feel the need to protect julia for liz. You have the power in the house, i know my fate lies in your hands."

That could work to get him back. As the twins know she's never been against them. So if Austin got a talk like that he might say to the twins "i had a good talk with vanessa and i think we should bring her back in. Why the hell are we trying to bring james and meg all the way when they haven't been on our team this whole game." I don't know why vanessa doesn't think about doing this.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 08-15-2015 at 02:17 AM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:13 AM   #4179
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcohen View Post
haven't been able to watch the feeds much since the double eviction. is there actually any chance they backdoor Vanessa?
There is a chance, but its very small. They have thrown around those words but then they say "But we can't do that because she'll never come after us and she's a good shield for the other side to target. And she'll bury us in jury if we take her out. We have to let the other side take her out. We're in too deep with her to do that." The only way i see her getting backdoored is if she gets into a huge fight with Austin or the twins and they say f it!

Last edited by DarkCheck; 08-15-2015 at 02:22 AM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:36 AM   #4180
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I didn't listen to what Becky told Austin/Liz/Julia but I heard she mentioned stuff about the week Austin was going up. Vanessa never told them about James throwing BOTB. Not sure what else she said/if it was all true.

Vanessa claims she never told Shelli about the 8 person deal but John said he heard from Vanessa. Steve claimed he heard from Becky. So did Vanessa tell John or did Becky and they are framing Vanessa?

Vanessa should of never made that dark moon alliance b/c going back and saving Austin destroyed her game. Saving him was smart in my opinion but shouldn't of made the alliance to begin with.

I know Vanessa has lied about several things but do Austin/Liz/Julia know all the facts or just going off what Becky and John say when they are working together and both against Vanessa?
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:42 AM   #4181
AussieJack
Pooh-Bah
 
AussieJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 3,948
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Once the nominees are set after veto, Vanessa really needs to work on getting away from Austwins and try to position herself Steve and others.
AussieJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:47 AM   #4182
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJack View Post
Once the nominees are set after veto, Vanessa really needs to work on getting away from Austwins and try to position herself Steve and others.
I think the only way this is possible if she explained everything to them. Listening to Becky and John they are convinced Vanessa goes from HOH to HOH which is true but they are in a big alliance. Austin/Liz/Julia get zero blame when in reality they have no fear of going up also.

Another problem for Vanessa is people just don't like her.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:16 AM   #4183
Umcle Diddler
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,834
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I wanted to root 4 Vanessa but she has become the most insufferable HG ever.. or at least since Ronnie. How can a pro poker player be sooo unaware of how she is perceived by the other players???? When u constantly talk to people even in your alliance like they are 8 year olds of course they are going 2 start 2 resent u no matter how logical your arguments may be. She has ZERO chance of winning even if she luckbox's F2.

People hate her so much they would give the $500k to Meg over her just to spite her
Umcle Diddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:11 AM   #4184
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
I'm not sure how it's not considered a betrayal when she schemed behind Austin's back to put together an alliance to backdoor him.
To be fair, she only did that after she gave him the chance to own up to his conversation with Jason, and he lied to her face. AND once he did fess up and tell her the truth, she saved him instead of back dooring him. The problem with that whole week was Vanessa not talking to Liz/Julia and confronting him on the lie before scheming elaborately with the other side of the house. She passed the point of no return, and then returned.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:27 AM   #4185
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,372
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thstreetpete View Post
It was all Vanessa's fault. When she confronted him about it she kept interrogating and threatened him "don't lie to me, swear on your life!, I hate liars". He got scared and didn't know what to do. If Vanessa spoke to him like a human being and not some raging psycho he would've came clean to her but he got scared and told a white lie to get out of it.
It was so obvious that she knew he was lying. He knew he was lying. He knew it was possible someone ratted on him. Yet he insisted he was telling the truth instead of just explaining himself...which she ultimately accepted once he finally did explain himself. Vanessa is a basket case, but no, this incident was not entirely her fault.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #4186
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I haven't been watching the feeds but I think people are being way too hard on Vanessa. She is obviously he smartest person in the house by a large margin and the only one with a clue about game theory. Sure she seems like a basket case but let's remember in the past year she has been through the slow cancer death of her ex husband, coming out, and is now on BB. Anyone of these would be considered a major life event normally causing significant trauma. All three together and there is not a person alive who wouldn't be a bit of a basket case. I bet a year ago she would have much better control of her emotions.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #4187
pindawg
veteran
 
pindawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,153
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
I didn't listen to what Becky told Austin/Liz/Julia but I heard she mentioned stuff about the week Austin was going up. Vanessa never told them about James throwing BOTB. Not sure what else she said/if it was all true.

Vanessa claims she never told Shelli about the 8 person deal but John said he heard from Vanessa. Steve claimed he heard from Becky. So did Vanessa tell John or did Becky and they are framing Vanessa?

Vanessa should of never made that dark moon alliance b/c going back and saving Austin destroyed her game. Saving him was smart in my opinion but shouldn't of made the alliance to begin with.

I know Vanessa has lied about several things but do Austin/Liz/Julia know all the facts or just going off what Becky and John say when they are working together and both against Vanessa?
Pretty sure that Vanessa told clay and shelli about dark moon 2, and they told John is how he found out. Becky then told both him and Steve later, but they both knew about it at that point.

They definitely trust John more tha Vanessa. Not sure if they trust Becky
pindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #4188
pindawg
veteran
 
pindawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,153
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
I haven't been watching the feeds but I think people are being way too hard on Vanessa. She is obviously he smartest person in the house by a large margin and the only one with a clue about game theory. Sure she seems like a basket case but let's remember in the past year she has been through the slow cancer death of her ex husband, coming out, and is now on BB. Anyone of these would be considered a major life event normally causing significant trauma. All three together and there is not a person alive who wouldn't be a bit of a basket case. I bet a year ago she would have much better control of her emotions.
Vanessa gets great edits on TV, and yet still comes across as a basket case. She's comparing some of the decisions she is making in this game to the one to end her ex husbands life. She's taking this **** way to seriously for a multimillionaire and has some serious mental health issues.
pindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #4189
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pindawg View Post
Vanessa gets great edits on TV, and yet still comes across as a basket case. She's comparing some of the decisions she is making in this game to the one to end her ex husbands life. She's taking this **** way to seriously for a multimillionaire and has some serious mental health issues.
This thread is so hypocritical. We complain they keep casting morons who are pretty and there for a vacation and now we are complaining someone takes it too seriously and really wants to win?
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #4190
Mr.Popo
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 197
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Sure Vanessa is "smart" and understands how alliances and numbers work better than others but she's been pretty terrible so far. The only reason why she's still in the house is because other people have been playing so bad that she's hitting her 4 outer every time. Shelli and Clay were so dumb to not throw her under the bus for two weeks in a row and then James/Meg/Jackie decide to save her for whatever reason.

She only works with the one side of the house while completely ignoring the rest hoping that her side will win every HOH from week 3 till the end. She hasn't built trust with anyone outside her alliance (not even them trust her anymore now) while making the target on herself larger and larger with unnecessary blowups and burning bridges. Guess what your alliance didn't win HOH and someone else is going home. Shut up and go to bed.

The worst part of watching vanessa on the feeds for me is that she feels extremely entitled to everything. She's the only one that can betray people but when any small thing happens that goes against her it's the worst back stab in history. Combine all that with her delusions of being a "straight shooter" and the most trustworthy ally ever that's why she'd been so unlikable.

Here she is burning another bridge with John who as far as she is concerned is staying in the game after this week.

Mr.Popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #4191
wontoo
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 714
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

@clovis

plenty of people have acknowledged she's been one of the best strategist to ever play BB. the criticism of vanessa is because she's not owning her actions and displaying self-awareness. so if this is really who she is, then she's an insufferable person. listening to her quote herself for inspiration was comically absurd. so while she's a great strategist, her social game is combustible. her inability to control her emotions is something a lot of 2p2ers aren't going to sympathize with. she's got a lot of phil hellmuth in her. she's convinced me that it's not entirely an act and that she lacks self-awareness in some aspects such as relationship entitlement. for the record, i want her to play again. she's great tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCheck View Post
Very interesting listening to Austin last night by himself in HOH room talk about a whole bunch of stuff. He said he thinks he could be great friends with vanessa after the show/outside the house. Unless it goes real bad because she may hate him for what he thinks he's gonna do to her in the game. And that he thinks she's very loyal and a good person. So if he thinks she's loyal and a good person why does he want to get rid of her? Why not cut her a break like she cut you? I think because he knows he can't beat her in a final 2.
you shouldn't take diary sessions like this on face value. austin was playing the good guy to the viewers on camera. he's been conscious of playing to the cameras all season and to his credit, he's a pretty smooth liar.
wontoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #4192
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,061
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I can see how someone who doesn't watch the feeds would think Vanessa was playing a great game. Just one example of the great edits she's getting was the last show when they left out that she hid away in her room all day when she was put up, then blew up on everyone because no one had come to check up on her "for seven hours waaaaaaaaaaaa". Then, they made it look like she masterminded saving herself, when that was all the goblins' doing when they figured out that Shelli would be coming after them, and the plan was flipped before Vanessa even approached them.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #4193
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
It was so obvious that she knew he was lying. He knew he was lying. He knew it was possible someone ratted on him. Yet he insisted he was telling the truth instead of just explaining himself...which she ultimately accepted once he finally did explain himself. Vanessa is a basket case, but no, this incident was not entirely her fault.
They're both at fault but she WAY overreacted. Not something that you should flip a switch and throw your alliance away after spending months to cultivate. His motivation should've been obvious and she could've remained calm and use that information to her advantage in the future. It was way too early to go after him at that point. It's something that Austin has held on to and resented her for turning on him so easily and have now made him lost his trust with her.

For the record Austwins has been made aware of all the lies Vanessa has made to them throughout the game. How they're handling it is night and day compared to Vanessa. They could use it as a REASON to get rid of Vanessa eventually which they're planning to do.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #4194
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,061
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soncy View Post
To be fair, she only did that after she gave him the chance to own up to his conversation with Jason, and he lied to her face. AND once he did fess up and tell her the truth, she saved him instead of back dooring him. The problem with that whole week was Vanessa not talking to Liz/Julia and confronting him on the lie before scheming elaborately with the other side of the house. She passed the point of no return, and then returned.
And she got very lucky that the BOB went awry and that Jackie wasn't HOH as planned. Otherwise she'd have lost her most important ally to this point in this game (although he's turning on her now that he's finding out about all the shenanigans that went on that week).
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #4195
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Vanessa shouldn't of got all the credit but when she did campaign she still said the correct things.
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #4196
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
And she got very lucky that the BOB went awry and that Jackie wasn't HOH as planned. Otherwise she'd have lost her most important ally to this point in this game (although he's turning on her now that he's finding out about all the shenanigans that went on that week).
Totally disagree on this one. I think her winninh hoh accidentally because james didn't know how to throw the comp was the unluckiest thing that's happened to her. At the time it seemed lucky but it turned out to be very bad...

She gets the hoh and now out of loyalty at constant pressuring she switches the house plan to backdoor Austin. Pisses off the house already. Now Vanessa, shelli, and clay make the play that ended up causing them to have the most power in the house to the least. They put up jason for the backdoor instead of austin. This made the other side of the house declare all out war on vanessa, shelli, clay and be their only targets since destroying van and clelli's games.

It was also bad because her instincts turned out to be 100 percent right on austin. He is a sneaky unloyal guy and that's why she agreed to the backdoor to avoid what has been happening to her the last 2 weeks with austin. The backdoor save of austin was VERY lucky for Austin, not vanessa. Vanessa woulda still had clelli and on nobodies radar, and had the twins all to herself.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #4197
TimTimSalabim
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimTimSalabim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winning
Posts: 14,061
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Clelli were playing both sides and were never good allies to begin with. Austin on the other hand has complete control of the twins, which makes him the most valuable player to be aligned with in the game.
TimTimSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #4198
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontoo View Post
@clovis

plenty of people have acknowledged she's been one of the best strategist to ever play BB. the criticism of vanessa is because she's not owning her actions and displaying self-awareness. so if this is really who she is, then she's an insufferable person. listening to her quote herself for inspiration was comically absurd. so while she's a great strategist, her social game is combustible. her inability to control her emotions is something a lot of 2p2ers aren't going to sympathize with. she's got a lot of phil hellmuth in her. she's convinced me that it's not entirely an act and that she lacks self-awareness in some aspects such as relationship entitlement. for the record, i want her to play again. she's great tv.



you shouldn't take diary sessions like this on face value. austin was playing the good guy to the viewers on camera. he's been conscious of playing to the cameras all season and to his credit, he's a pretty smooth liar.
Agree with alot of this. I think she has a big ego and is not near as smart as she thinks she is. She's intelligent but not what she thinks she is. Add in the ego and emotion and it really rubs people the wrong way. I don't think she's a great strategist though. She's too willing to get alot of blood on her hands too early in the game not realizing it will come back on you. She's an entertaining strategist for the fact she plays guns blazing but not so sure about great strategy!!! I think she's a good person deep down so i like and root for her. But don't blame anyone for thinking she's insufferable.

The best strategist and best player period is by far Steve! He is very intelligent and add that with being a BB super fan makes a fantastic player(makes ian terry look like a dumbo. Ian was just fortunate that he had britney haynes as she was great for his social game. Where steve's stuck with vanessa who sucks at social game.) He knows who needs to be targeted when. He knows how to talk to people about game. He just knows and does what's important to know and do where other house guests are all over the place with drama bs etc. He knows the best strategy of when to throw a comp and when not to. When he needs to win a comp he knows what strategy to use which best gives him the chance to win the game etc.. Steve's only issue in the beginning is how to make friends because of his social awkwardness. But now that he's been in the house a long time people are getting to know him and see he's a very likeable good guy. He said earlier in the season he doesn't think he'd ever do BB again because it's emotionally hard, but i'd love to see him on all stars.

p.s. Thanks for the stream!

Last edited by DarkCheck; 08-15-2015 at 02:53 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:45 PM   #4199
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimSalabim View Post
Clelli were playing both sides and were never good allies to begin with. Austin on the other hand has complete control of the twins, which makes him the most valuable player to be aligned with in the game.
It also makes you the 4th wheel at best because Austin has complete control of the twins. With him gone she would have had complete control which would of made her the most valuable player to be aligned with in the game.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #4200
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
This thread is so hypocritical. We complain they keep casting morons who are pretty and there for a vacation and now we are complaining someone takes it too seriously and really wants to win?
Well said about people hating on her too much, she can be annoying at times, but you gotta love her. And you gotta love the passion to want it so bad. It's like in sports you love the players that you know their hearts are in the game trying their hardest as opposed people just playing for a pay check.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive