Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #276
R_Webb18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,750
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by what would gus do View Post
That whole Jace vs Steve scene felt like it was being written and directed by Tommy Wiseau

off topic:

over or under 90% on Steve being a virgin?
in pre season interview he already said he was virgin
R_Webb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #277
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinforfish2 View Post
I'm not sure if I'll continue to watch the show since the first two episodes sucked, but you guys watching the live stream should consider using spoiler tags IMO. I'm not interested in watching the stream and it will likely spoil some of the next episode with all the things you guys are saying.

Or.. maybe I should just avoid this thread. Maybe add to the title "contains spoilers" or something?
fwiw I'll say +1 to this

I'd love to talk about the show, but I have no interest in being spoiled, so sigh :/
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #278
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
fwiw I'll say +1 to this

I'd love to talk about the show, but I have no interest in being spoiled, so sigh :/
Honestly there are like 15-20 hours they could show for this week in the 2 hours they have on Wed and Thurs so if you're only watching the show you'll only see what the producers want you to see and not what is really going on.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #279
nit3.runn3r
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
nit3.runn3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I Have Jungle Fever, Wisconsin
Posts: 8,294
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

The show sucks though. Feeds are wayyyyyyy better. Pay the $6 to know what's really going on.
nit3.runn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #280
shaft88
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
shaft88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,533
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I dont watch the feeds, maybe an occasional BBAD. I like knowing whats going to happen. Give it a shot imo.
shaft88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #281
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Man I really like Austin and his game but he has too much faith in Jeff who I don't think will ever actually trust him. I heard the reason he won't trust him is because Austin told him he has a "dad bod" before the feeds went on but unsure if that's true.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #282
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit3.runn3r View Post
The show sucks though. Feeds are wayyyyyyy better. Pay the $6 to know what's really going on.
The lives feeds to me has always been the main show. The weekly shows are just recaps of what the producers want you to see with the live HOH comp thrown in.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #283
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

So Jace told Vanessa this morning that Geek Squad Mcgee is fake
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #284
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Man I really like Austin and his game but he has too much faith in Jeff who I don't think will ever actually trust him. I heard the reason he won't trust him is because Austin told him he has a "dad bod" before the feeds went on but unsure if that's true.
I'm with you on all of this. He would be much better off making the revolution happen instead of trusting Jeff. Jace, Vanessa, and Liz would never screw him. It would be the most solid alliance in the house and get them all deep. They need the people not aligned Johnny, Steve, and Becky. Also noone on revolution would have to promise Audrey long term protection as this is her only play. Join revolution or go home next week. Hard for her to betray revolution alliance down the road as well because noone wants to work with her on other side. When revolution has to choose losing a link of the chain it's her as she's the weakest link.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 07-01-2015 at 05:24 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #285
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

He thinks Jeff is part of the revolution which he may be if that side wins a few HOHs. Becky is too close to Jackie and I think is in the big alliance as an outsider looking in but she isn't really playing much yet so who knows. Johnny is floating but leaning towards the Jason/Day side I believe and for some reason they think Steve is with Audrey which I don't understand but Austin still trusts him so I hope they eventually align together.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #286
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
He thinks Jeff is part of the revolution which he may be if that side wins a few HOHs. Becky is too close to Jackie and I think is in the big alliance as an outsider looking in but she isn't really playing much yet so who knows. Johnny is floating but leaning towards the Jason/Day side I believe and for some reason they think Steve is with Audrey which I don't understand but Austin still trusts him so I hope they eventually align together.
I mean jace's revolution plan. He doesn't think jeff is part of it because Jeff wouldn't want to lose Jackie which he will if he was on Jace revolution. F Jeff! He's playing both sides. Yesterday has a good talk with Austin about trusting each other(essentially building an alliance with him) then little while later telling Clay we need to get rid of Austin soon. Unless Jeff's blowing smoke up Clay's ass Jeff is not to be trusted by anyone. Jeff's smart and playing a dangerous but skillful game so far but not someone you can trust. It's almost like he's taking over Audrey's role of having an alliance with everyone except not being as dumb to make up bs lies that would be exposed and blow up his game.

Last edited by DarkCheck; 07-01-2015 at 05:41 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #287
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Oh gotcha, but Austin knows even though he's a vote on his side, Jace and his temper are more of a detriment to him overall. And I think Jeff was being honest with Clay because he believed Clay was going to include him in everything but the Audrey thing happened so he didn't include Jeff so Jeff wouldn't go down with the ship which was a good lie by Clay but pretty dumb of Jeff to believe if he did. Clay just had a convo with Austin that they need to form a strong alliance and stick to it so it should be fun watching who this triangle benefits. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Austin winning because he's too trusting.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #288
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I just don't get how Austin Jeff and Clay all don't really trust each other yet they all tell each other everything. There's also a chance Jeff wins Liz over Austin but I don't see that happening as of now unless he has power or Austin is out.

There was also an alliance started yesterday between Clay Shelli Jeff Jackie and one or 2 more players to be named at a later date possibly Meg Vanessa or Liz
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #289
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

It's crazy how dumb/bad everyone is. Steve was sitting on the couch near Day's blanket or something and she runs over takes it and throws it on the other couch like Steve has the plague or something and then gets an attitude for no reason.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #290
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
It's crazy how dumb/bad everyone is. Steve was sitting on the couch near Day's blanket or something and she runs over takes it and throws it on the other couch like Steve has the plague or something and then gets an attitude for no reason.
Yeah. Wtf? Instead of being more understanding of a kid(who is nice to everyone) who has awkward social skills/issues trying to fit in and she treats him like a bug. Bad for her game and bad at life. I mean it wasn't real bad prolly more she was mad he was sitting on/next to her towel. But it was a little more than that because it was Steve. Like you said she acted like the towel might get infected by him. Alot of people in the house treat him like that. They sometimes say high to him but treat him like he has a contagious disease.

I like Steve alot but i don't get how dumb he seems? Maybe he's like one of those people that understand things over most people's heads(astrophysics type stuff) but doesn't know general stuff that most people know. Jace just said James has Napolean complex and Steve's like what is that? So many examples i have seen where even the dumbest person in the house is like really Steve? Shelli said it when something Steve didn't know that most people do. It seems like being semi-autistic. Like if a box of toothpicks fell on the floor Steve might know how many fell out but if you ask him what toothpicks are used for Steve would be like "hmmm, you know i'm not sure". Some people in chat box think he has asperger's and maybe bb producers know it and wanted to see how people react to it.

As i'm writing this Vanessa said something about Raleigh North Carolina and Steve said "Raleigh? Where's that?" Like he never heard of it. Vanessa: "near Duke. Duke's in Durham NC" Steve "i thought Duke was in illinois".

Last edited by DarkCheck; 07-01-2015 at 08:00 PM.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #291
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCheck View Post
Yeah. Wtf? Instead of being more understanding of a kid(who is nice to everyone) who has awkward social skills/issues trying to fit in and she treats him like a bug. Bad for her game and bad at life. I mean it wasn't real bad prolly more she was mad he was sitting on/next to her towel. But it was a little more than that because it was Steve. Like you said she acted like the towel might get infected by him. Alot of people in the house treat him like that. They sometimes say high to him but treat him like he has a contagious disease.

I like Steve alot but i don't get how dumb he seems? Maybe he's like one of those people that understand things over most people's heads(astrophysics type stuff) but doesn't know general stuff that most people know. Jace just said James has Napolean complex and Steve's like what is that? So many examples i have seen where even the dumbest person in the house is like really Steve? Shelli said it when something Steve didn't know that most people do. It seems like being semi-autistic. Like if a box of toothpicks fell on the floor Steve might know how many fell out but if you ask him what toothpicks are used for Steve would be like "hmmm, you know i'm not sure". Some people in chat box think he has asperger's and maybe bb producers know it and wanted to see how people react to it.

As i'm writing this Vanessa said something about Raleigh North Carolina and Steve said "Raleigh? Where's that?" Like he never heard of it. Vanessa: "near Duke. Duke's in Durham NC" Steve "i thought Duke was in illinois".
I like him too. He seems to be getting better socially but yeah what you said. It's like he was either home schooled or something and doesn't know anything except specific things he's interested in.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #292
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Audrey can't stop making up lies. Only this time she's making Jace spread them.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #293
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Now Audrey is trying to make an alliance with Jason Day and James. Wtf lol
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #294
CharlieKelly
veteran
 
CharlieKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,837
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

I've admittedly never watched much Big Brother before, but started watching this season a bit due to a familiar house mate, Vanessa.

Is it common for there to be so many idiots in the house at one time? I understand producers wanting to have them start drama, but there's no way that Audrey and Jace can think they're playing this game optimally by being such whiny **** heads.

Also how can they cast such dull personalities like Steve and Johnny? They contribute so little socially to the house and really are just getting stepped all over.
CharlieKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #295
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Well you can't be saying they shouldn't cast dull people and then also not cast stupid/drama people. It's the first week and a lot of the houseguests aren't fans of the show and get recruited so yeah you have these kinds of things happening. Johnny is playing fine it's the first week and has had no drama and no enemies which is a good start. Not saying he will be good but he hasn't done anything wrong yet.

But yes, it's common for a lot of idiots to be in the house.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #296
CharlieKelly
veteran
 
CharlieKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,837
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Not saying they shouldn't cast those types, obviously they have to have a diverse personality spectrum. I was mostly curious if it's common for there to be so many seemingly clueless people.

I guess I was just surprised there weren't more alpha type personalities in the house.
CharlieKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #297
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post
Not saying they shouldn't cast those types, obviously they have to have a diverse personality spectrum. I was mostly curious if it's common for there to be so many seemingly clueless people.

I guess I was just surprised there weren't more alpha type personalities in the house.
I think they do try to have a mix and I think there are a few alphas in the house. Jace Jeff Clay and Austin all are it's just that some of them are in bad spots so they're laying low especially since it's the first week. This is definitely not a normal season regarding the amount of game being played so quickly.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #298
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,285
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Austin's game is getting blown up by Audrey to James thanks to Jace. This actually could be a good thing though if people think Jeff and Austin are talking it could make Austin rethink working with Jeff which is probably best for his game.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #299
DarkCheck
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,562
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Now Audrey is trying to make an alliance with Jason Day and James. Wtf lol
Audrey cracks me up. Making up more new lies why lol? I'm telling you she has been given a sabotage assignment from bb. She's gonna be big ratings for the tv show i bet when they see what she's been doing all week. Audience is gonna be cracking up.

She doesn't need to tell more lies as noone gonna trust her enough to believe it anyway. All that matters is the pitch that its good for the people's games to align.
DarkCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #300
wontoo
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 714
Re: Big Brother 17 -- Premieres Wednesday June 24th on CBS @ 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post
I've admittedly never watched much Big Brother before, but started watching this season a bit due to a familiar house mate, Vanessa.

Is it common for there to be so many idiots in the house at one time? I understand producers wanting to have them start drama, but there's no way that Audrey and Jace can think they're playing this game optimally by being such whiny **** heads.

Also how can they cast such dull personalities like Steve and Johnny? They contribute so little socially to the house and really are just getting stepped all over.
funny perspective to hear. compared to last season, this season is filled with geniuses. audrey and jace type of stupidity exists every season. they're representative of the typical moron.

they probably casted steve, because of his similarity to a popular bb14 player. nerds tend to get alot of sympathy from female viewers and other nerds. despite being a nerdy guy myself, i'm not into steve either. but keep in mind, being really smart and underestimated can make for a transformation if he learns and adapts to the game. so there's hope, if they let him survive, which they shouldn't if they're smart.

johnny is actually playing a decent game by being so dull, assuming it's intentional. i think he should be more active in building genuine relationships for later on, but at least he's on no one's radar. he's playing to the idea that you can't win bb on week 1, but you can definitely lose. not sure if anyone has figured him out yet.
wontoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive