haha found this kinda funny since Big Mike sung an India Arie song tonight... arguably the best R&B singer of last decade. Nominated for 17 grammy's and won 3... Legit categories too "record of the year" "song of the year" "album of the year" "best R&B song" etc...
Garcia trending worldwide again...dead last on dial idol tho hmm.
unfortunately my girl siobhan struggled. definitely her weakest performance to date. still had some good moments especially towards end, but overall yeah it was just kinda all over the place.
lee ****ing KILLED it. i've said from the beginning that he's been the best of the guys vocally, and now i think it's not even a question. loved what simon said to him.
crystal just keeps churning out awesome performances - i'm officially on the bowersox bandwagon now. it's obvious she's ridiculously talented. i think siobhan, crystal, and lee are the 3 best and hope they make the final3.
big mike was really really really good tonight i thought. i think he's tier2, along with katie. i think katie is hella underrated. she has an amazing voice but the judges just are just never that impressed by her for some reason. personally my theory is that her little expressions and stuff during her performances are the reason. she should just stand there and sing and let her voice speak for itself. Andrew is also back to tier2 now, i was really happy to see him finally do another good performance. that's the zone he needs to stay in and if he does, he has a lot of potential.
casey was solid this week i thought. aaron was mediocre. didi was meh. tim urban is just gtfo already.
Crystal - stfu about surprises, just play some music wow, usher called the surprise? what a shocker. I mean, wtf else could it be? Is she going to sing topless? no. pretty brutal performance compared to the rest of hers. Compared to everyone else it was average. stop back talking the judges you ******
Siobhan: awful. Totally out of her comfort zone on that song and it showed
Casey: good as always. forgettable as always...
Mike: pretty sweet. Glad he was not doing the cheesy karaoke crap
Didi: why would you sing this ****. it sounded like she was whining. stupid
Tim: loltastic as always. gtfo
Andrew: clutch performance right when he needed it.
Katy: decent. annoying she sings boring stuff though.
Lee: wafflecrushing souls. officially favorite of the men imo.
Crystal: good as always. hella hot imo.
Aaron: kids got a weak but decent voice. he is picking good song choices imo.
Best: Lee, Andrew, Crystal, Mike
Worst: Didi, Tim, Siohban
1) Lee - amazing performance, definitely my favorite of his...wasn't a fan until tonight.
2) Casey - love the song, thought he nailed it...the song made me dance in my seat. he's a great guitar player, too. Again, I wasn't a fan but maybe I'm coming around.
3) Big Mike - Love this guy, he just nails it every time
4) Andrew - been a fan of his, but not lately...tonight, he made me like him again
5) Crystal - obviously a great singer, but the performance was boraphyll
6) Katie - I've skipped her performances just about every time until tonight and I'm glad I didn't. Thought she was really good.
7) Siobhan - Easily her worst, but that being said, she's a 100% lock to stay in the competition.
8/9/10) Aaron/Tim/Didi (in no particular order) - this should be the bottom 3 this week imo. Aaron's performance was very bad, especially having to go after Crystal. Tim's performance DID sound like a singing waiter. And Didi...did she hit a single note on key? It wasn't nearly as bad as Paige's last week, but she could be in serious trouble.
These rankings aren't how great I think their singing is. It's based on how much I personally enjoyed the performance.
AI producers said yo, Chris Golightly you still under contract for some old boy band thing. Is this true? Chris was like NO WAI but couldn't find the paper that said the contract was done. So they drop him. Then next day later his old manager dude says YO I found the paper. But AI is like, no thx.
Better than Andrew's version imo(not to mention that Andrew pretty much copied their version of the song)
LOOL Andrew's version was way way WAYYYY different lol. Not even close to the same arrangement. Plus he never even heard the boyce avenue cover. Right when I saw the spoilers I searched youtube for covers and watched this. Thought it was okay nothing special. Altho dude does the hook pretty well more build up to it than Andrew had and it might be better. But imo Andrew KILLED the bridge on Forever. The Boyce avenue Beautiful Girls/Stand By Me cover is really good though.
In the sense that they're both played acoustically, yes... it's not like there's a world of things to do playing that song on guitar. And I think it was pretty cool how he added the violin section to compliment the acoustic as well. Live drum was pretty dope too imo. I've been watching the performance back and it's very good. No pitch problems whatsoever and his vocal sounded really smooth unlike last week. He doesn't have a big range so it's all about maximizing his abilities for him and doing what he does best as best he can.
1. Siobhan - She has my favorite 3 or so performances this season and remains on top in spite of being much worse than Crystal two weeks in a row. I hope her struggles do not continue because she's slipping fast.
2. Crystal - Great every week and probably the only one capable of making an album I'd actually listen to. Should be a massive favorite at this point. She deserves it.
3(a). Casey - He's been very consistent each week. Playing the game well I think. Really like his voice even though he needs work, raw talent.
3(b). Mike - His best performances have been incredible but rare. Way too cheesy overall but seems like a good dude. Want him to stick around a while.
5. Aaron - Umm I don't like anybody after my top 4 all that much. Aaron is least bad out of the rest. No big cringeworthy performances that I remember. Sometimes good.
6. Lee - By default? I don't like Lee at all. He COULD stop sucking. Made progress this week. Don't get all the love for him.
7. Katie - Similar to Lee but less potential. Not bad every week but just about. Obviously no room for her in the pop music landscape.
8. Didi - With her guitar and singing something easy she is tolerable and occasionally good. One above average week since the show went live, rest are mediocre to awful.
9. Andrew - Garbage. If he didn't have his best showing to date last night I might honestly rank him below Tim.
10. Tim - He has no talent at all and no business being on the show but I think he's aware of this too. I almost like that he knows he sucks.
Crystal, Lee, Casey, and Mike made strong cases for being the top 4 this year.
siobhan- has had some great performances but has been repetitive trying to save them from being ordinary by going into her high register. it's getting predictable. That isn't to say though if she doesn't have another great night she'll get into the top 5 easily
Didi- should pick the guitar back up if she gets through to next week and have a genuine performance and she'll be fine.
Garcia- played to his strengths and could start improving if he sticks with his acoustic stuff. probably won't crack top 4 though.
I'm pretty much indifferent about the rest imo. Aaron, Katie, and Tim all have talent but they haven't really done anything for me
1. Crystal - girl is such a pro, should have went w/o background singers
2. Lee - that's the guy I think is going deep
3. Andrew - finally
4. Mike - he's a very good singer, but does nothing for me
5. Casey - not bad, but the guy has like a 3-note range
6. Katie - a poor woman's Kelly Clarkson, stop inviting the comparison by singing her songs or songs Kelly performed while on the show
7. Aaron - go away
8. Siobhan - this week 95% bad, 5% good scream note. Cannot see her winning w/this formula
9. Didi - Surprised how bad she was, she should be thankful she has....
10. Tim - a clown
I really don't get the Aaron hate. I guess maybe it's how he comes off, but in a season of weak vocals, he is a pretty good singer. He doesn't have a huge voice, but he sings well and picks perfect songs.