Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
24: Jack Bauer in New York 24: Jack Bauer in New York

05-18-2010 , 08:12 PM
I really don't get the reporter's actions this episode. It's obvious that some influential people really don't want the recording to get out. Why wouldn't she just immediately upload the video to a bunch of different internet sites, and call various cable news networks and alert them to the videos web address? Or at the very least, make dozens of copies of the video and stash them at various places around the city. Calling her editor from a pay phone with the only existing copy of the video in her purse when it's obvious the conspirators probably know the only existing copy of the video is in her purse is pretty ******ed.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R18A1I4
Honestly I think this season has been far better start to finish (so far) than at least 3 others. I've enjoyed the fact that it hasn't been threat after threat after threat with the 24 hours being cut into 3 or 4 very different storylines though I guess they are pretty far from that whole nuclear rod thing like 14 episodes ago.
no, lots of early season stuff was historically terrible. all the Dana stuff for instance. 24 this season sunk to cougar lows and awesome highs (lately)
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 08:39 PM
I know it's 24, but if it was a real life situation how hard would it be to lay low for a couple hours in a big city. Just stay hidden long enough to come up with a decent plan on what to do with the video. I mean there was that kid on youtube who didn't own a camera or computer so would go to the Apple Store and do his lip sync videos.

I'm 99% sure I could find a way to hide for a good 10 hours (awake) and find a place to upload the video to a couple of places and leave a clue on how to find where it's hosted without getting caught by the movie style FBI agents.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adebisi
I really don't get the reporter's actions this episode. It's obvious that some influential people really don't want the recording to get out. Why wouldn't she just immediately upload the video to a bunch of different internet sites, and call various cable news networks and alert them to the videos web address? Or at the very least, make dozens of copies of the video and stash them at various places around the city. Calling her editor from a pay phone with the only existing copy of the video in her purse when it's obvious the conspirators probably know the only existing copy of the video is in her purse is pretty ******ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup
I know it's 24, but if it was a real life situation how hard would it be to lay low for a couple hours in a big city. Just stay hidden long enough to come up with a decent plan on what to do with the video. I mean there was that kid on youtube who didn't own a camera or computer so would go to the Apple Store and do his lip sync videos.

I'm 99% sure I could find a way to hide for a good 10 hours (awake) and find a place to upload the video to a couple of places and leave a clue on how to find where it's hosted without getting caught by the movie style FBI agents.
so nitty
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adebisi
I really don't get the reporter's actions this episode. It's obvious that some influential people really don't want the recording to get out. Why wouldn't she just immediately upload the video to a bunch of different internet sites, and call various cable news networks and alert them to the videos web address? Or at the very least, make dozens of copies of the video and stash them at various places around the city. Calling her editor from a pay phone with the only existing copy of the video in her purse when it's obvious the conspirators probably know the only existing copy of the video is in her purse is pretty ******ed.
Yeah, I posted that earlier. This plot would have made sense even just 5-6 years ago, if the reporter had the only videotape. But today, most smartphones can easily post a video to Youtube, and certainly Jack's super-duper PDA. Heck, even in Season 1, he was receiving real-time satellite footage in his PDA. I'm sure that his PDA can handle it now. Certainly his tech/weapon guy could certainly copy the video pretty easily.

The easy thing for Jack to do would have been to upload it to Youtube, call Chloe (or his friend) and tell her to make a bunch of copies and keep re-posting it if the Pres takes it down. Hell, he could simply post the video and make sure it gets seen by putting the right hashtag on it.

OTOH, how silly would the ending be if it was just Jack Bauer making Twitter updates?

@JackBauer: Check out this video. It implicates @PresidentLogan and @PresidentTaylor in a vast conspiracy to hide Russiaís involvement. http://youtube.c

@JackBauer: DAMMIT! I hate the 140 character limit. Anyone know a good URL shortener! I need to set a perimeter around @PresidentLogan and @PresidentTay

@JackBauer: DAMMIT! I DONíT HAVE TIME FOR THIS. I'm just going to kidnap @PresidentLogan and make him talk.

@JackBauer: I sure hope my Twitter feed is set to Private.

@JackBauer: How do I turn off the location setting on this feed? @ChloeOBrien
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 09:23 PM
Moreover, the video really isn't that damaging. It's two low-level people talking about their involvement. No one knows who those two are outside of CTU. It certainly doesn't implicate Taylor, Logan, or the Russian ambassador. For all anyone knows, it's two NYU drama majors rehearsing lines.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 10:20 PM
Jack had specifically told her publicizing the video is a last resort if he doesn't make it, which I'm guessing means he wants to take care of the whole situation behind closed doors without ruining the presidency, the peace process (tho that's probably ****ed no matter what) and creating a situation where the US is basically forced into a war with Russia
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-18-2010 , 11:42 PM
But even if Jack didn't want to publicize it, he could have easily made multiple copies of it and/or stored it on the cloud.

Even youtube could have worked there, because he could have uploaded it, but set it to private, so no one could see it. The copy is preserved and the info isn't public. Win/win
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 12:18 AM
While this is all true Jack uploading evidence to Youtube would be one of the worst moments in TV history.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 03:35 AM
Predictions on how the series will end? Do not include spoliers/previews. Please do not make a prediction if you have seen the preview, or at least put it in spoiler tags.

Basically, I think there will be 5 topics covered in the finale:
1. What happens when Cole meets Jack's Ex-CIA buddy
2. What happens to the evidence
3. What happens to Yuri, Logan, and Pillar
4. The future of President Taylor and the peace process
5. Jack's future

My Prediction

Meredith will be assassinated by one of Logan's insiders, but Jack's buddy will help Chloe and Cole retrieve the evidence in some undercover operation. Cole will get the evidence to Meredith's editor and he will end up breaking the story. Jack will eliminate Logan and President Yuri during a dramatic confrontation outside the UN in the climax of the episode. Although President Taylor has not been linked yet, she will get back to her roots, admit her part in the cover up, and resign. Ethan Kanin or Tim Woods named interim president. In the meantime, Cole arrests Pillar and Chloe detains his blonde bitch back at CTU.

Jack's buddy will help him get back off the grid, but just when we think he will live on in obscurity, it turns out that his stab wound was worse than we thought, and he bleeds to death. Jack may even know how serious his wound is, and choose to accept his death, as he has nothing left (I assume Jack is wanted and Kim is under constant surveillance). As Jack bleeds out and he breathes his last breath, a silent clock commences the series.

Alternate Ending
President Taylor pardons Jack before her resignation, he becomes a national hero, and lives with Kim happily ever after. This seems like a cop out and I would prefer the first ending, but if they want to proceed to a movie, I think this is the route they will take. The movie would then begin with some terrorist act and Jack will be forced/pressured back into action. Maybe Kim will perish in a terrorist attack in L.A. This seems like the best path for a movie as Jack will once again have revenge on his mind.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17
While this is all true Jack uploading evidence to Youtube would be one of the worst moments in TV history.
This so can we please discuss the finale and not YouTube
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etothemc2
Predictions on how the series will end? Do not include spoliers/previews. Please do not make a prediction if you have seen the preview, or at least put it in spoiler tags.

Basically, I think there will be 5 topics covered in the finale:
1. What happens when Cole meets Jack's Ex-CIA buddy
2. What happens to the evidence
3. What happens to Yuri, Logan, and Pillar
4. The future of President Taylor and the peace process
5. Jack's future

My Prediction

Meredith will be assassinated by one of Logan's insiders, but Jack's buddy will help Chloe and Cole retrieve the evidence in some undercover operation. Cole will get the evidence to Meredith's editor and he will end up breaking the story. Jack will eliminate Logan and President Yuri during a dramatic confrontation outside the UN in the climax of the episode. Although President Taylor has not been linked yet, she will get back to her roots, admit her part in the cover up, and resign. Ethan Kanin or Tim Woods named interim president. In the meantime, Cole arrests Pillar and Chloe detains his blonde bitch back at CTU.

Jack's buddy will help him get back off the grid, but just when we think he will live on in obscurity, it turns out that his stab wound was worse than we thought, and he bleeds to death. Jack may even know how serious his wound is, and choose to accept his death, as he has nothing left (I assume Jack is wanted and Kim is under constant surveillance). As Jack bleeds out and he breathes his last breath, a silent clock commences the series.

Alternate Ending
President Taylor pardons Jack before her resignation, he becomes a national hero, and lives with Kim happily ever after. This seems like a cop out and I would prefer the first ending, but if they want to proceed to a movie, I think this is the route they will take. The movie would then begin with some terrorist act and Jack will be forced/pressured back into action. Maybe Kim will perish in a terrorist attack in L.A. This seems like the best path for a movie as Jack will once again have revenge on his mind.
Kanin would make a sick president

Jack bleeding out would be kinda lame though
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 08:32 AM
We should come up with several yes or no questions (Will Logan die? etc.) and have a $$ pool for whoever gets the most right...
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adebisi
I really don't get the reporter's actions this episode. It's obvious that some influential people really don't want the recording to get out. Why wouldn't she just immediately upload the video to a bunch of different internet sites, and call various cable news networks and alert them to the videos web address? Or at the very least, make dozens of copies of the video and stash them at various places around the city. Calling her editor from a pay phone with the only existing copy of the video in her purse when it's obvious the conspirators probably know the only existing copy of the video is in her purse is pretty ******ed.
In case you are all forgetting Micheal Madsen's character made a copy of the video. That's how they id'ed the Russian guy in the video. Com'on Jack's not that dumb to entrust the only copy to some blond bimbo reporter.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsAhoya
We should come up with several yes or no questions (Will Logan die? etc.) and have a $$ pool for whoever gets the most right...
Good idea !

The final 24 questions :

01. Logan dies
02. Chloe dies
03. Prince Jr. dies
04. Russian president dies
05. Pillar dies
06. Russian President is killed by Bauer
07. Logan is killed by Bauer
08. Taylor is killed by Bauer
09. The final clock is a silent Clock
10. President Taylor resigns
11. New footage of Kim Bauer
12. Jack gets back off the grid in the end
13. New footage of Tony (lol)
14. Kim is explicitly mentionned by at least one character
15. Jack explicitly mentions his daugther
16. David Palmer is explicitly mentionned by at least one character
17. Chloe uses a gun
18. Jack is killed by a russian
19. Jack is killed by an american
20. Jack uses the word "bomb"
21. Jack starts to count backward at one point (exemple : you've got 5 seconds : FIVE, FOUR")
22. Jack explicitly mentions his wife, Terry
23. It is clear that Jack is not yet dead at the end of the final episode (for example he is walking in the sunset, even with a huge wound)
24. Jack is the last character to be heard saying something

Bonus question : Number of times the word "Bauer" is heard in the last 2 hours

1 point for each good answer

who's in for micro stakes (winner take all, about 5$ for example) ?

Last edited by Real Fix; 05-19-2010 at 09:51 AM.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholecut
I really soured on 24 but.god damn they are finishing strong. It's the opposite.of like every other show in the homestretch
+1 !!!!! 24 is killing it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy
Who do the Russians hate more?

1) Mike Eruzione
2) Rocky Balboa
3) Jack Bauer
#1 gotta be a hockey guy, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtex
And it's just LOL to me how much Lost is failing at this point. Lost is the overall better show but 24 writers are definitely getting what people want to see in the final run, the other guys not so much. Though they still have a couple chances to redeem themselves
LOST is NOT the better show and it isn't even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator
Wow the last 4 or 5 episodes have been the best run in the show's history. Just awesome.
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ M.
Gregory Itzin was just great in this episode as a classic mastermind villain. Him blubbering to Jack was just epic. The entire tunnel scene was quite possibly the best scene in 24 history, with Logan screaming and pissing himself and Jack just walking straight down the tunnel calmly shooting Secret Service "to wound" and then shooting a hole in the windshield, dropping the stink bomb in, and covering the hole with his foot, so awesome.
great acting by Logan. great scene all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowhatsup
I know it's 24, but if it was a real life situation how hard would it be to lay low for a couple hours in a big city. Just stay hidden long enough to come up with a decent plan on what to do with the video. I mean there was that kid on youtube who didn't own a camera or computer so would go to the Apple Store and do his lip sync videos.

I'm 99% sure I could find a way to hide for a good 10 hours (awake) and find a place to upload the video to a couple of places and leave a clue on how to find where it's hosted without getting caught by the movie style FBI agents.
which brings up the FBI > CTU as far as catching someone and/or setting a perimeter imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad
In case you are all forgetting Micheal Madsen's character made a copy of the video. That's how they id'ed the Russian guy in the video. Com'on Jack's not that dumb to entrust the only copy to some blond bimbo reporter.
Michael Madsen makes anything better imo.



24 is awesome! there have been some serious low points in the show over the years (wayne palmers sisters boyfriend, kim vs cougar, driscolls daughter, etc) but the highs are better than the highs of any other drama i've ever seen. we'll miss you 24!
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etothemc2
Predictions on how the series will end? Do not include spoliers/previews. Please do not make a prediction if you have seen the preview, or at least put it in spoiler tags.

Basically, I think there will be 5 topics covered in the finale:
1. What happens when Cole meets Jack's Ex-CIA buddy
2. What happens to the evidence
3. What happens to Yuri, Logan, and Pillar
4. The future of President Taylor and the peace process
5. Jack's future

My Prediction

Meredith will be assassinated by one of Logan's insiders, but Jack's buddy will help Chloe and Cole retrieve the evidence in some undercover operation. Cole will get the evidence to Meredith's editor and he will end up breaking the story. Jack will eliminate Logan and President Yuri during a dramatic confrontation outside the UN in the climax of the episode. Although President Taylor has not been linked yet, she will get back to her roots, admit her part in the cover up, and resign. Ethan Kanin or Tim Woods named interim president. In the meantime, Cole arrests Pillar and Chloe detains his blonde bitch back at CTU.

Jack's buddy will help him get back off the grid, but just when we think he will live on in obscurity, it turns out that his stab wound was worse than we thought, and he bleeds to death. Jack may even know how serious his wound is, and choose to accept his death, as he has nothing left (I assume Jack is wanted and Kim is under constant surveillance). As Jack bleeds out and he breathes his last breath, a silent clock commences the series.

Alternate Ending
President Taylor pardons Jack before her resignation, he becomes a national hero, and lives with Kim happily ever after. This seems like a cop out and I would prefer the first ending, but if they want to proceed to a movie, I think this is the route they will take. The movie would then begin with some terrorist act and Jack will be forced/pressured back into action. Maybe Kim will perish in a terrorist attack in L.A. This seems like the best path for a movie as Jack will once again have revenge on his mind.
Good plans, but even in 24-land there is zero chance Kanin or Woods would find themselves President. Kanin resigned and Woods works for Homeland Security. Whoever the Vice President is would become President. [/nit]
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo
LOST is NOT the better show and it isn't even close.
24 has been epic the last 3 weeks but this is all kinds of fail.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmahler
But even if Jack didn't want to publicize it, he could have easily made multiple copies of it and/or stored it on the cloud.

Even youtube could have worked there, because he could have uploaded it, but set it to private, so no one could see it. The copy is preserved and the info isn't public. Win/win
I'll just give the writers some slack and say they assume CTU can hack youtube if they haven't already and Jack knows this
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 06:48 PM
Isn't Taylor's VP some douchey southern-accent guy from last season? Kanin/Woods can't just be named President. How awesome would it be if Logan was though somehow?
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 09:04 PM
I think it will be ambiguous whether Jack is dead or not, so that we will be left wondering (like he gets wounded/shot and passes out or w/e), but if they choose to do a movie they can be like zomg he lived!
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 09:28 PM
Would I sound crazy if I said I think Jack is hiding something? Maybe he knows of some bigger conspiracy than just the Russians trying to back out of the peace deal and killing Hassan. It would explain why Jack is going over the edge lately and give him more motive than just avenging Renee. I think it's pretty uncharacteristic of Jack to just go on a shooting spree just for revenge, I don't recall him ever going as far as he has lately without some serious reason behind it other than revenge. He must know something we don't.

Then again, the writing of this show never makes sense, why bother?
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 10:48 PM
Jack using Youtube would be worse than amnesia, cougar, and Driscoll's daughter combined.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Fix
Good idea !

The final 24 questions :

01. Logan dies
02. Chloe dies
03. Prince Jr. dies
04. Russian president dies
05. Pillar dies
06. Russian President is killed by Bauer
07. Logan is killed by Bauer
08. Taylor is killed by Bauer
09. The final clock is a silent Clock
10. President Taylor resigns
11. New footage of Kim Bauer
12. Jack gets back off the grid in the end
13. New footage of Tony (lol)
14. Kim is explicitly mentionned by at least one character
15. Jack explicitly mentions his daugther
16. David Palmer is explicitly mentionned by at least one character
17. Chloe uses a gun
18. Jack is killed by a russian
19. Jack is killed by an american
20. Jack uses the word "bomb"
21. Jack starts to count backward at one point (exemple : you've got 5 seconds : FIVE, FOUR")
22. Jack explicitly mentions his wife, Terry
23. It is clear that Jack is not yet dead at the end of the final episode (for example he is walking in the sunset, even with a huge wound)
24. Jack is the last character to be heard saying something

Bonus question : Number of times the word "Bauer" is heard in the last 2 hours

1 point for each good answer

who's in for micro stakes (winner take all, about 5$ for example) ?
So down for this. Who can escrow? I can if no1 else wants to.
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote
05-19-2010 , 10:51 PM
also ^^^ "uses a gun" = fires or just carries?
24: Jack Bauer in New York Quote

      
m