Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #76
therunbad
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
4betting with an ace against someone who only 3bets with AAxx seems bad and a misapplication of blockers.
probably in your world

but where i play, when im sure the guy has aces and i have connected cards with an A blocker it makes it less likely that he hits a set, and i can outplay him or outdraw him.

so you now want me to ask why if you know he has aaxx, why do you 4bet him and not play high spr flops, where you can make him fold easier. because the other fishes they called my open with garbage hands are most likely to call the pot if Im not gonna 4bet.

i get your point, why do want to use blockers when guy has obviosly aces.

holding an ace makes it less likely that he flops a set and i can outflop/outplay him.

because i mostly play very deep stacked and alway just 4bet isolate guys who are very deep too

as you see everyone has his strategy and this is definetely not a mistake

its very advanced thinking of the game and often enough a very swingy game
therunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #77
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,228
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

When you 4bet, he's going to 5bet with AAxx almost always. Even if you are playing deep-stacked, that could start to get into territory where your opponent might feel pot-committed to get it in with any AA because the spr is low, taking away your ability to outplay him.

What percentage of your opponents are usually sitting 1000bb deep?
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #78
therunbad
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
When you 4bet, he's going to 5bet with AAxx almost always. Even if you are playing deep-stacked, that could start to get into territory where your opponent might feel pot-committed to get it in with any AA because the spr is low, taking away your ability to outplay him.

What percentage of your opponents are usually sitting 1000bb deep?

thats where everything starts, they 3bet because they dont want every fish calling and cracking their aces, now its where the magic starts when i 4bet they really dont 5bet much, they wanna see a safe flop.

because they know me i always want to GII with a hand like JT89 against aces, pre

just a quick example, 5/5 game couple days ago, we playing 6handed at midnight, everyone knows everyone very very good like a homegame

then a random guy came, he was surely pretty new to the game, asked how much he can buy in, there was no limit, so he sat down with 200 the min buy in a friend stacked him pretty fast and i asked him again 200?

he asked me how much i have, at that time i was around 6k deep, he went to the cashier and came back with 10k on the table. at that time everyone felt what
is gonna happen

i isolate him got him for a 10k pot where he raised me with naked aces on a T57 flop, i reraise too gii with 2pair a flush and straight draw, he called me down with his aces, where i river the nuts
and then my friend got him for the rest of his stack where he had aces again

these things happen everyday at my local casino. you can be stuck pretty hard and then boom you up a yearly salary.

if i play poker im there to make money, limping is nothing for me, i wanna play big pots with bigmoney on the line.
yes sure sometimes, you gonna hate life for that, espacially if you are in a freaking downswing where the universe want to tell you something.

but there is no reason to play poker except for money, im just not playing for fun or having a good night.
when i play, i play for stacks.

thats the way i am, probably not that honorable, but as you all know

"a dollar won is twice as sweet as a dollar earned"

Last edited by therunbad; 01-24-2019 at 02:49 PM.
therunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:57 PM   #79
Sol Reader
The Situation
 
Sol Reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: See PG&C Thread. @IsoAcq
Posts: 9,379
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Playing for money is not the same as playing for stacks.

This thread is making my head hurt.
Sol Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #80
Sol Reader
The Situation
 
Sol Reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: See PG&C Thread. @IsoAcq
Posts: 9,379
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therunbad View Post
yes these is true
but im fine that, because i know what they have, and if i 4ball to isolate they always just call because they know me that i wanna get in maximum money pre and i dont care if they have 60% equity pre.
You completely miss my point. I am saying that you're contradict yourself and clearly just say stuff to justify or rationalise a conclusion that you want to be true.

Unless you're suggesting that you're trying to 4bet against someone who only has double suited aces to induce a 5bet from them because you're not afraid of a 5b, and you're going to.. call and outplay them on the flop...? What?
Sol Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #81
therunbad
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Reader View Post
You completely miss my point. I am saying that you're contradict yourself and clearly just say stuff to justify or rationalise a conclusion that you want to be true.

Unless you're suggesting that you're trying to 4bet against someone who only has double suited aces to induce a 5bet from them because you're not afraid of a 5b, and you're going to.. call and outplay them on the flop...? What?
look buddy what im trying to tell is a very complex thing, what only works with +1000bb stacks and a guy that knows me, but as said we are most of the time very familiar in the casino. so they dont 5bet me much, im sure that you know that nobody should 5bet and fold on the flop

If someone 5bets me and i have rundown, i 6bet with my suited rundowns and then everyone recognize i dont fear to GII +1000bb with with a suited rundown and they know that. so i rarely face a 5bet, i know u guys here would also 5bet but this is also psychological thing, the guys saw me busting big stacks again and again.

now you probably are going to tell, why we should GII when we are still behind and there is no reason to do that?

its for longtimetableimage and people acknowledge these guy wants my stack and has no fear loosing his own and now the psychological thing comes to the game seeing me busting the bigstacks in the past and crack their aces over and over again.

of course sometimes playing like that will make me loose very big pots and it have done in the past, thats a gambling, high variance game and for me this was always +ev, because i dont play math, i play heuristic and when i have i feeling to win the hand i will go for it.

hopefully you understand that better now and youre head is not hurting anymore
therunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #82
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,228
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

The way to play against someone like you is to annoy the crap out of you by never 3betting with AAxx and forcing you to play in a game you don't enjoy. I might even just never raise preflop in a game with you.

Variance is what allows people who are bad at math to not know the difference between playing good and running good.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #83
therunbad
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
The way to play against someone like you is to annoy the crap out of you by never 3betting with AAxx and forcing you to play in a game you don't enjoy. I might even just never raise preflop in a game with you.

Variance is what allows people who are bad at math to not know the difference between playing good and running good.
that will never work, not the same people are sitting 12 hours on the same table, someone will straddle, someone will open, someone will 3bet
if not i will change table or wait for new guys

so your tactic probably is never gonna work

and who cares if not you, there will always be one guy who is not a passive rock.
variance is something that can beat a good player, most times in form of psychology, if you are not strong enough and not believe in yourself and the process

but im out of my downswing and make alot of $€£

it works for me
therunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:18 AM   #84
zaskinen
newbie
 
zaskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 44
Re: QdJd7h8h, was it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therunbad View Post
im not saying i played it 100% right, if i had that opinion i wouldnt open a thread.

dude i would love to play you all night long.

you just dont understand the feeling when u get it all in preflop, flop a boat , aces full! und guy hits perfect runner runner for straight flush for the biggest pot of the night. you just dont know that feeling afterwards, and i wish you really that you never take a beat like that, from people who are giving away free money on the table. after taking yours!
mate if these beats are hitting you this hard you need to lower your stakes. it sucks but it happens

as to the hand played it looks to be overplayed since the start, most often flushdraws will be dead except for straightflush outs ofc.

all good for you and hope the swing goes up soon again
zaskinen is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online