Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #976
KrachBummEnte
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 515
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Seriously Dan, stop it. As long as there is no PROOF that they are bots you might accuse someone wrongly. Given thousands of regs, a 1% chance something like this can happen is A LOT. We all know it is not just a coincidence, but we need PROOF. So far we don't have it.
There are a lot of people working on this in the background, on Stars side and on ours. Give these people the time they need to do proper investigation. Until then just stop posting, just like the people working on this case do. Spreading more rumors and unproven suspicions helps nobody. You were not chosen to be the speaker of 2+2 or the regs affected. Let people do their work, if the results are not acceptable then we will have to consider going to the press etc., but it's not time for that yet. You really put the work of some people here in danger with your tiltwriting. I don't care who you know or what your job was or is, just back off for the moment please.
KrachBummEnte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #977
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Great song Samanta, I it.

Would you like to share with us what kind of software do you use for postflop decisions? Do you know the other guys that play identical? Maybe you guys have like a skype group or something to study the game together?
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #978
analihilator
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

+1
analihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #979
analihilator
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

nice eminem parody. if you're actually one of the botters, shut up and take my money
analihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #980
Kennington
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London
Posts: 6
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandan160808 View Post
I give up with pokerstars. 3 of the biggest winning bots are still playing from yesterday to today?? They disappear and boom they all reappear??!! There is more than enough stats that blatantly identify these players as being bots. A whole range of calculations have been posted and sent to pokerstars. Ben sulky commented it's definitely a bot ring. Who's he? Probably the best PLO player in the world. How many more regs and recs need to be screwed till they shut this bot scam down.
They obviously we're not allowed to play for a week or they all went on a cruise for the week on our money! Now back again. No official comment from pokerstars except an email sent to my wife stating this could take weeks?? So we all get bled dry for a few more weeks while they hope this thread dies a death. In a police investigation they would ban all suspects of what ever fraud until they are happy the suspects are innocent but this investigation is not finished maybe for weeks so hey let's make more rake and bleed the regs dry!
Makes me sick and the British media I think is now the only option open to stop all this cheating ****. Give the "integrity team" till Tuesday for an official long overdue statement then I'm putting it in the national press. You can then read all the findings in your Sunday paper. We can have the British serious fraud office shut this all down if they believe a large scale bot fraud is going on in the UK.

Any thoughts? If I put this in then would like input to give to a pal at the mail on Sunday.

Good luck at the felt unless these bots are sitting at the tables.
Angry emotion is weapon of weakness.

Are you trying to prove to everyone here that you know "Some people" that can do "something powerful" and therefore you are a cool guy who knows "some powerful people"? You want to impress someone here? From all of your last posts this is exactly what you trying to say.

THINK of how your post will look like in eyes of others when you write smth man.
Kennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #981
Ilya N
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 315
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Samantha, why not shed the light on the story by explaining your relations to the suspected accounts?
Ilya N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #982
MX210
banned
 
MX210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 401
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Samanta, how do you go from a losing SNG reg over 40k tourneys in 2010, when the games were easy to beat, to one of the best PLO player in a single day?

How come your old posts from 4 years ago have better english than your last one?
MX210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #983
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Hey Samanta, do you know BOOTTLEGGER? He suddenly stopped playing on Stars in February along with few other people on my list?



I suppose you never heard of him and work alone on your game just like seregaxx. Could it be that great minds think alike and two PLO200 crushers simply have to come up with the same strategy even when working independently and without any software?

I am sure you must have noticed that Fedor and seregaxx play exactly like you do, after all they are your 2 most frequent opponents according to the PTR screenshot someone posted. Have you ever wondered how they manage to have exactly the same postflop stats as you do?

EDIT:

The guy doing all the extra hands DBs is almost finished and I will soon post a lot more stats from HEM that are identical for active accounts from my list. Nothing fancy, basic stats from large samples. Stay tuned.
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #984
Ilya N
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 315
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo5tol View Post
are you guys seriously expecting any one of them to admit to something?
Well, he could at least state how many people of that list (if any) he knows personally/contacted through skype/shared strategy etc.

If he then states that he doesn't know anybody from that list we could use that info in the further investigation. If it turns out to be false it makes it much more likely cheating occured.
Ilya N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #985
MX210
banned
 
MX210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 401
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya N View Post
blahblah i support bots
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/17...goals-1500750/
A little about me: I am 25 year old male from Moscow, Russia. I work as a software engineer/developer. I like to play poker, exercise, play soccer, eat healthy, and beautiful women.

Russian(with porn addiction : 3. Limit the amount of porn to 1-2/week) bad player playing 5$ plo to get his account in good standing before getting accepted into the PLO programmer ring.
MX210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #986
Ilya N
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 315
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX210 View Post
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/17...goals-1500750/
A little about me: I am 25 year old male from Moscow, Russia. I work as a software engineer/developer. I like to play poker, exercise, play soccer, eat healthy, and beautiful women.

Russian(with porn addiction : 3. Limit the amount of porn to 1-2/week) bad player playing 5$ plo to get his account in good standing before getting accepted into the PLO programmer ring.
nice conclusion, but wrong.

i didn't say i support the bots but show me the evidence that they are bots.
Ilya N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #987
freewilly12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregaxx View Post
@Simonsayscall:
I have started as a counter of cards, played on Poker Stars on play money for fun, after I won a million of play money I made a deposit of 50 $. After 1 month I won 10k, since that I stopped to count the cards and started to play poker online. Almost 15 years gone since that.
I have friends in russian community. Do you know somebody from it that it makes sense if I write the names here ?
So seregaxx and samantha81 were both counting cards before crushing 6-max plo?
(Or they have just one backstory?)

I guess that as BlackJack experts you have pretty good grasp how card removal can increase your edge especially on a single deck game.


Last edited by freewilly12; 06-15-2015 at 10:15 AM.
freewilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #988
Friend
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Russia Moscow
Posts: 23
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwein View Post
Hey Samanta, do you know BOOTTLEGGER? He suddenly stopped playing on Stars in February along with few other people on my list?



I suppose you never heard of him and work alone on your game just like seregaxx. Could it be that great minds think alike and two PLO200 crushers simply have to come up with the same strategy even when working independently and without any software?

I am sure you must have noticed that Fedor and seregaxx play exactly like you do, after all they are your 2 most frequent opponents according to the PTR screenshot someone posted. Have you ever wondered how they manage to have exactly the same postflop stats as you do?

EDIT:

The guy doing all the extra hands DBs is almost finished and I will soon post a lot more stats from HEM that are identical for active accounts from my list. Nothing fancy, basic stats from large samples. Stay tuned.
Many poker players in Russia and outside of it know me. Schwain, why do you think I will tell anything regarding my strategy to an anonimous user.
Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #989
yoyoplo
grinder
 
yoyoplo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 680
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Many poker players in Russia and outside of it know me. Schwain, why do you think I will tell anything regarding my strategy to an anonimous user.
So your real name is known? Uhoooh...
Do you know fedorzaysev or seregaxx personally?
yoyoplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #990
freewilly12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya N View Post
nice conclusion, but wrong.

i didn't say i support the bots but show me the evidence that they are bots.

Check the OP for evidence.

At this point you could show us the evidence they are rare 27 individuals who learned to crush 6-max plo about the same time and they spontaneously developed the same strategy which produces identical post flop game statistics.

Also explain how they made big strategy change simultaneously.
Could this all happen by chance to all 27 accounts in question?

16 of the 27 accounts mentioned have disappeared and Poker Stars has confirmed number of those accounts were in fact violating their ToS.

Do you have any ideas what the ToS-violations could've been?

Last edited by freewilly12; 06-15-2015 at 10:41 AM.
freewilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #991
freewilly12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

16 players from the list of 27 names no longer print money on Stars PLO and PokerStars confirmed number of those players did in fact violated their ToS.

This by far the most likely e-mail those 16 account holders (or true beneficiariers) received:


Hello,

Upon a review of your account, we find that you are running an automated player program, commonly known as a "bot". The running of a bot is against the Terms of Service to which you agreed when opening your PokerStars account. Those Terms of Service are located here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

Among them are these terms:

5.6 AUTOMATIC PLAYERS (BOTS). The use of artificial
intelligence including, without limitation, "robots" is
strictly forbidden in connection with the Software and the
Games. All actions taken in relation to the Games by a
User must be executed personally by players through the
user interface accessible by use of the Software.

5.9 FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR In the event that PokerStars
deems that a User has engaged or attempted to engage in
fraudulent, unlawful, dishonest or improper activity while
using the Service, including without limitation, engaging
in any of the activities set forth above [...] PokerStars
shall be entitled to take such action as it sees fit,
including immediately blocking access to the Service,
[and] terminating such User's account with PokerStars
[...], seizing all monies held in the User's PokerStars
account [...]

All assets remaining in your PokerStars account will be seized and used to reimburse players affected by unfair play.

You are barred from future play on all internet poker platforms operated by The Rational Group. This consists of Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars under all of its various licenses. Do not attempt to play on any of these platforms. Any account we find you to be using, whether it belongs to yourself or a friend, will be closed and all funds within will be confiscated.

Regards,


Game Integrity Team"

Last edited by freewilly12; 06-15-2015 at 10:56 AM.
freewilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #992
urubu222
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 437
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

the fact that bots was playing online its terrible,we all wish it was in 2025, maybe 2115 but AI-inteligente goes fast in 21 century, plus cheatears, scumbags, will always shows up in places w money . im surprised w the bots, but its something everyone expect to happen one day or another

but im sure everyone expect a good job by pokerstars and make this bots impossible to play when they shows up. this is the biggest stupid/deceptive/depressive/ridiculous/wrong/******ed/whateverbad/ thing in all this case : pokerstars .

how pokerstars is dealing w this bots its the worst thing . i never thought stars would handle this situation like they are doing... this is ridiculous, not aceptable .

tecnology, AI-inteligence, its fast, they will beat (or already beat) humans in lots of things, not only cards game. but if you ban this softwares, they won't play and we could have a honest, fair game .

its not 1 or 2 accounts, its not they small winner for 1-2 months... its LOTS of accounts, many of the biggest winners playing for 1-2years ...

and look what pokerstars , pathetic, stupid etc. i dont know words in english to describe how bad is this
urubu222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #993
urubu222
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 437
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewilly12 View Post
16 players from the list of 27 names no longer print money on Stars PLO and PokerStars confirmed number of those players did in fact violated their ToS.

This by far the most likely e-mail those 16 account holders (or true beneficiariers) received:


Hello,

Upon a review of your account, we find that you are running an automated player program, commonly known as a "bot". The running of a bot is against the Terms of Service to which you agreed when opening your PokerStars account. Those Terms of Service are located here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

Among them are these terms:

5.6 AUTOMATIC PLAYERS (BOTS). The use of artificial
intelligence including, without limitation, "robots" is
strictly forbidden in connection with the Software and the
Games. All actions taken in relation to the Games by a
User must be executed personally by players through the
user interface accessible by use of the Software.

5.9 FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOUR In the event that PokerStars
deems that a User has engaged or attempted to engage in
fraudulent, unlawful, dishonest or improper activity while
using the Service, including without limitation, engaging
in any of the activities set forth above [...] PokerStars
shall be entitled to take such action as it sees fit,
including immediately blocking access to the Service,
[and] terminating such User's account with PokerStars
[...], seizing all monies held in the User's PokerStars
account [...]

All assets remaining in your PokerStars account will be seized and used to reimburse players affected by unfair play.

You are barred from future play on all internet poker platforms operated by The Rational Group. This consists of Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars under all of its various licenses. Do not attempt to play on any of these platforms. Any account we find you to be using, whether it belongs to yourself or a friend, will be closed and all funds within will be confiscated.

Regards,


Game Integrity Team"
what they are going to do when the bots comeback w new accounts, new names ? because its obvious they are trying to comeback . they will wait 2years until a smart reg find they ?

ridiculous ps....
urubu222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM   #994
freewilly12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by urubu222 View Post
what they are going to do when the bots comeback w new accounts, new names ? because its obvious they are trying to comeback . they will wait 2years until a smart reg find they ?

ridiculous ps....
It's cat and mouse never ending...

Remaining accounts have better stealth and Stars is relying only their standard bot detection tools...
freewilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #995
4-Star General
adept
 
4-Star General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,012
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

About 10 days since OP's post... BOTs are still playing... this is gross
4-Star General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #996
freewilly12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Star General View Post
About 10 days since OP's post... BOTs are still playing... this is gross
It took them over three months to suspend first three I reported.
Btw could you change your profile gif... it's giving me a headache.
freewilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #997
Ilya N
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 315
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Didn't know a winning 6-max plo bot existed. I guess i was wrong.

Have the funds been seized? Has anyone of them came out with some sort of protest?
Ilya N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:05 PM   #998
sebkrol18
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 12
Thumbs up Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafiore View Post
That what seregaxx is saying proves only that he is out of ammo in this case, he just also told he is watching videos from rio, but his english is that bad he cant write without translator here?
yeah his defense is awesome
sebkrol18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #999
apo5tol
veteran
 
apo5tol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,238
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

You might have been deserving of a proper answer if you werent scared to write from your own account. But instead you hide behind a fake and try to get actual players to support your very poorly thought out "petition"?
Thanks, but no thanks.

Sorry for the derail, but its frustrating how this very important topic gets polluted with ridiculous propositions or comments.
apo5tol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #1000
outfit
old hand
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,396
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya N View Post
What's stopping you from exploiting their amazing strategy if you got all the numbers on them?


Sent from my LGLS660 using 2+2 Forums
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive