Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
max_potter
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 13
Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Hi everyone,

It s a 5-5 game.
Villain 1 and 2 are a bit on tilt because they lost a lot of money tonite but they know how to play. As they are a bit on tilt, they play looser.
We have all 1000e in front of us.

I raise 20e UTG with Ac As Tc 3h, villain 1 raise 50, villain 2 call 50 and I 4-bet to 200, both call.
Pot: 600.

Flop: 699r

I am first to act, what do we do?
max_potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
3donnie165
centurion
 
3donnie165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 157
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

I'm probably leading a bit over 1/3 pot and evaluating. If you think theres 0 percent chance you get atleast 1 fold you can check call or fold
3donnie165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
Purasevic
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 634
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

1/3pot is fine.Probably stack off against 1 player.
Purasevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:16 AM   #4
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,757
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

This might possibly depend a bit on your table image and if you have a backdoor flush draw. Do they think you only have AAxx here or do they think you have a decent number of rundowns in your range? Also, when you say your opponents play looser, do they just call with a wider range than usual or also raise with a wider range than usual?
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
e1cnr
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,490
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_potter View Post
Flop: 699r

I am first to act, what do we do?
lose to whoever has a 9....
e1cnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Alpha Fish
veteran
 
Alpha Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,329
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

I probably just c/f here

to stack off I'm going to need a special reason far beyond "slightly on tilt", at least vs my population
Alpha Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
endodocdc
old hand
 
endodocdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

4 bet pre is bad if you only do it with AAXX.
Your flop SPR is low. Any bet kind of commits you. So plan on betting 200 and gii vs villain 1. But can safely find a fold if you bet and villain 1 raises and villain 2 flats the 3bet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
endodocdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #8
max_potter
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Results: I bet 280.

Villain 1 fold and Villain 2 goes all in for 800.

I tank folded.

Despite that he could have many 9, he would have jammed with 78xx so I should have called because of the small SPR.
max_potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #9
max_potter
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
This might possibly depend a bit on your table image and if you have a backdoor flush draw. Do they think you only have AAxx here or do they think you have a decent number of rundowns in your range? Also, when you say your opponents play looser, do they just call with a wider range than usual or also raise with a wider range than usual?
They think I only have KK - AA here.
And they call with a wider range, they do not raise more.
max_potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #10
MixedGamesMastery
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

I check/fold here, but saying that makes me feel like we might be exploitable. However, the pot is multi way and unfortunately its crap flop. I guess we just check/fold.
MixedGamesMastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #11
endodocdc
old hand
 
endodocdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,999
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedGamesMastery View Post
I check/fold here, but saying that makes me feel like we might be exploitable. However, the pot is multi way and unfortunately its crap flop. I guess we just check/fold.


Paired boards are amongst the best flops to have with AA. Playing Against two villains is the best form of multiway we can have


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
endodocdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #12
lawlruschang
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 31
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedGamesMastery View Post
I check/fold here, but saying that makes me feel like we might be exploitable. However, the pot is multi way and unfortunately its crap flop. I guess we just check/fold.
lawlruschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #13
nypoker1234
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 52
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by endodocdc View Post
Paired boards are amongst the best flops to have with AA. Playing Against two villains is the best form of multiway we can have


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is omaha. two opponents. 8 cards. that's like >15% of the deck you're up against (or is my math off).

I think Limon said one Omaha hand is the equivalent of like 3 or 4 hold'em hands. So going against two opponents (on paired board w. AA) is like going up against a 7 handed or 9 handed. And don't even think about adding another 4th opponent because then you're AA on paired board is like going up a 12 handed NL game (lol)

I'll look for the youtube video but I'm pretty sure if you search "Limon playing aces in PLO" something of that nature should come up
nypoker1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,952
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypoker1234 View Post
this is omaha. two opponents. 8 cards. that's like >15% of the deck you're up against (or is my math off).

I think Limon said one Omaha hand is the equivalent of like 3 or 4 hold'em hands. So going against two opponents (on paired board w. AA) is like going up against a 7 handed or 9 handed. And don't even think about adding another 4th opponent because then you're AA on paired board is like going up a 12 handed NL game (lol)

I'll look for the youtube video but I'm pretty sure if you search "Limon playing aces in PLO" something of that nature should come up
While this is true as far as hand combos go, it doesn't magically make cards appear out of thin air. If you're up against one player he still just has four cards in his hand. If you're up against two, that's eight cards. Not 14 or 18.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #15
PokerPlayingGamble
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 910
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

close your eyes and bet pot
PokerPlayingGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #16
Zajebisty
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 936
Re: Aces in 4-bet pot - Paired flop

Lol at check folding. If you dont cbet on this flop with aces what kind of flop do you bet on?

You played it perfectly. In most cases if villain has 9 they will raise. Otherwise they will fold. Simple. If they are good enough to bluff you gotta give it to them. Half pot or just under is perfect cbet size.
Zajebisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online