Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
chalupabatmann
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 23
5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Had decent AA a bunch of times this weekend and was getting frustrated about missing flops and having to fold in SPR ~2 situations. Looking for advice on how to play these shallower 3b pots and what I need to suck it up and just GII and gambol. Exs:

Hand 1: Few limps, tight Euro reg 30 BU, we 115SB with AA94hh (~470, he covers). Only he calls, flop (245) Q96r. With an SPR of ~1.5 we elect to pot and call off and are flipping against his KKJTss.

Hand 2: Raise to 15, call, we 3b AAJ4ds to 75 (700 eff), two calls. Flop (235) KJ6 with 2 bdfds. Checks to us. We check? Feel like I can bet fold 150 here blocking the J?. Turn rainbow Q, checks to us again, we consider potting and potting river but wimp out and check behind. River 8, check, villain 175 we fold.

Hand 3: We 20 AAT2dd in HJ (~700 eff), CO call BB call. Flop (65) K96r. We 50-- should we be x/c or x/folding? CO call HU to turn (165) which comes offsuit Q. We check, he 150, we fold.
chalupabatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Alpha Fish
veteran
 
Alpha Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,646
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

1 and 3 is fine. 2 is b/gii vs 1, bf if both come along
Alpha Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #3
100bb/100
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 55
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Fish View Post
1 and 3 is fine. 2 is b/gii vs 1, bf if both come along
navigating MW3BP with AAxx is such a nightmare, especially at limp-call tables. its a story as old as time, or at least the state of omaha... IME in MW3BP oftentimes it is better to back down before the betting escalates out of control. reviewing the thresholds of additional equity required to stack off, and thresholds at various SPR can help
100bb/100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,222
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100bb/100 View Post
navigating MW3BP with AAxx is such a nightmare, especially at limp-call tables. its a story as old as time, or at least the state of omaha... IME in MW3BP oftentimes it is better to back down before the betting escalates out of control. reviewing the thresholds of additional equity required to stack off, and thresholds at various SPR can help
Maybe you should consider not 3betting with AAxx at those tables.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
100bb/100
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 55
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

i dont always 3B, but this thread is about 3b pots
100bb/100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
Tarheel234
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 46
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Hand 1 is fine, Hand 2 I would bet flop
Tarheel234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #7
Muzz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 86
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Hand 2 as played on the flop should be double barreled turn and river imo
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:07 AM   #8
lolposting2016
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,463
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

It’s just 3 hands dude I 6 table 200plo and run into this spot a couple times an hour. Seems like ur playing these hands fine. It’s much easier when you flop too set or tp+nfd or one of the other ways to make a sweet hand with aa combos. Hand 2
Was kinda nitty
lolposting2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:56 AM   #9
Rin-Inky
centurion
 
Rin-Inky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Twitch and PGC
Posts: 132
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

Quote:
Hand 1: Few limps, tight Euro reg 30 BU, we 115SB with AA94hh (~470, he covers). Only he calls, flop (245) Q96r. With an SPR of ~1.5 we elect to pot and call off and are flipping against his KKJTss.
Standard; you need to say if you have bdfd though.

Quote:
Hand 2: Raise to 15, call, we 3b AAJ4ds to 75 (700 eff), two calls. Flop (235) KJ6 with 2 bdfds. Checks to us. We check? Feel like I can bet fold 150 here blocking the J?. Turn rainbow Q, checks to us again, we consider potting and potting river but wimp out and check behind. River 8, check, villain 175 we fold.
Stack off would probably be fine, but solver would possibly check here. Don't bet fold. 3 SPR with 2bdfd, either pot it in or check back and look for good turns. If you bet turn as played, just bet smaller then pot jam river. River standard.

Quote:
Hand 3: We 20 AAT2dd in HJ (~700 eff), CO call BB call. Flop (65) K96r. We 50-- should we be x/c or x/folding? CO call HU to turn (165) which comes offsuit Q. We check, he 150, we fold.
100% check here, cbet close to 0 in this spot. The hands you do bet need a top pair blocker or a ton of equity. If you do bet this hand, clear bet/ fold. Fold as played.
Rin-Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #10
lolposting2016
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,463
Re: 5-5, Aces in 3b pots.

^ solid post here
lolposting2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online