Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
-ThePimp-
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 106
1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Have AA92, no suit. A Bunch of limpers. I limp too. V to my left makes it 80. There are 5 callers before it gets back to me. Should I pop it or call to set mine or fold? My stack is 2k. V stack is 1500. Others ranging from 500 to 5k.

I was thinking of dumping it but decided to call.
-ThePimp- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
DeKs
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 205
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Perfect spot for a rejam as played. This is exactly how you get value from your ****ty aces imo. Couldnt you repot to get most your stack in?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
DeKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
monikrazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
monikrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 23,795
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Jam>fold>call generally, our hand can be fairly challenging to play correctly postflop
monikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
lolposting2016
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 926
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

lol this is the easiest repot of all time and probably the best kinda spot for aaxx you can just repot for a big percentage of your stack and stick the rest in on most flops w an spr of like 1 1.5
lolposting2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
-ThePimp-
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 106
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Well, I ended up calling and trying to set mine. Flop was 234, rainbow. A player open shoves a little over $500 up front with 5689. I folded. Villain goes all in. Everybody folded. Villain tabled AA105 ds.

5689 scoops the pot. I told villain that i had AA also after the hand. Of course, he chastised me for not repotting. But I would've doubled him up if I repotted.

I looked up PLO calculator on my hand vs his hand. I win 11.5%, he wins 28.5% and remaining time we will chop remaining 60% of the time. But his hand is about 2.5x more likely to win the pot than mine.

I also put in his hand unsuited, and I guess by virtue of having possible broadway and wheel gave him 4% edge vs my hand. Each suited Ace gave hims around 5.5% edge vs mine.

Hindsight, I don't think 5689 would've folded pre since he's only sitting around $500. It's just a bad situation to get nonsuited AA92 all in 3 ways.

AA92 no suit is a piece of **** hand. I can't dominate any hand postflop unless set over set. I can't have any draws. Only one is a pitiful wheel draw which I'm crushed in all situations.
-ThePimp- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:40 AM   #6
AveeMaria
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,690
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikrazy View Post
Jam>fold>call generally, our hand can be fairly challenging to play correctly postflop
I don't know that folding is better than calling. There is no play in this hand post flop since it's gonna be 7 ways to the flop and you're effectively looking to set mine. Don't disagree with potting being the better of the 3 options.
AveeMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:43 AM   #7
lucaspawpaw16
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 155
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

You need to repot here - so much dead money in there. A lot will fold and yes you will get the odd caller but if villain has KKxx and he sticks in his $1500 you will lose main pot and possibly win big side pot. If you want to NIt and wait for an Ace each time you're in this situation you will burn a lot of $80. Also you let so many other players in that even when you flop an A you will have to dodge so many draws because there will be wheel draws, wrap draws and flush draws with that many players coming in

Last edited by lucaspawpaw16; 05-03-2017 at 01:48 AM.
lucaspawpaw16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:43 AM   #8
TrollAccount
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 370
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ThePimp- View Post
Well, I ended up calling and trying to set mine. Flop was 234, rainbow. A player open shoves a little over $500 up front with 5689. I folded. Villain goes all in. Everybody folded. Villain tabled AA105 ds.

5689 scoops the pot. I told villain that i had AA also after the hand. Of course, he chastised me for not repotting. But I would've doubled him up if I repotted.

I looked up PLO calculator on my hand vs his hand. I win 11.5%, he wins 28.5% and remaining time we will chop remaining 60% of the time. But his hand is about 2.5x more likely to win the pot than mine.

I also put in his hand unsuited, and I guess by virtue of having possible broadway and wheel gave him 4% edge vs my hand. Each suited Ace gave hims around 5.5% edge vs mine.

Hindsight, I don't think 5689 would've folded pre since he's only sitting around $500. It's just a bad situation to get nonsuited AA92 all in 3 ways.

AA92 no suit is a piece of **** hand. I can't dominate any hand postflop unless set over set. I can't have any draws. Only one is a pitiful wheel draw which I'm crushed in all situations.
solid thoughts, wp!
TrollAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:40 AM   #9
crashedwhips
banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 18
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers








I would probably open raise this hand and hope for some callers and a re-pot, if at a loose table with aggressive preflop dynamics, although limp to set mine or hoping for lots of preflop action instigated by others to put 35%+ of our stack in pre is reasonable given that it is literally the worst non trips AA hand.
crashedwhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #10
BDHarrison
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 719
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

What do people do if:
A) Villain is such a nit that he only has AA when he raises preflop, and probably only AAxx with at least one suit and straight possibilities
B) Villain is not a nit, but table is so loose that OP is guaranteed to get at least four callers if he repots it unless villain 4bets with obvious aces (and it probably doesn't end up heads-up in that case)
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #11
CJ72
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 151
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
What do people do if:
A) Villain is such a nit that he only has AA when he raises preflop, and probably only AAxx with at least one suit and straight possibilities
B) Villain is not a nit, but table is so loose that OP is guaranteed to get at least four callers if he repots it unless villain 4bets with obvious aces (and it probably doesn't end up heads-up in that case)
Depends on how many BI you have. If you hate money and like flipping then raise. I've seen plenty of live games at these stakes where the maniacs with "any 4 cards" try to commit half the max buy-in pre.
CJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:14 AM   #12
koolwhynot2
enthusiast
 
koolwhynot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 96
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Pot, literally. Call is ok
koolwhynot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #13
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT
adept
 
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 401K
Posts: 858
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

I like to repot preflop after he makes it 80... But wp with c/f on flop
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #14
AveeMaria
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,690
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ72 View Post
Depends on how many BI you have. If you hate money and like flipping then raise. I've seen plenty of live games at these stakes where the maniacs with "any 4 cards" try to commit half the max buy-in pre.
What? So don't raise because flipping makes you hate money. But you might not be flipping because crazy maniacs commit half a buy in with any 4 cards?
AveeMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #15
CJ72
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 151
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveeMaria View Post
What? So don't raise because flipping makes you hate money. But you might not be flipping because crazy maniacs commit half a buy in with any 4 cards?
If Villain is more likely to have AAxx or it's multi-way then you're flipping by effectively playing side cards (9,2) which aren't blocking much.


Yesterday I saw such a flip between two players. AA78 vs AA89. They ran board twice and chopped (str8, two pair)
CJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #16
zoogenhiem
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 865
Re: 1-3-10 button straddle game AAxx after villain raises and multiple limpers

Isn't the idea of limping pre so we can get it in when someone takes the bait and pots it behind us? Seems like easiest shove NA.
zoogenhiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online