Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #201
MiloDanglers
adept
 
MiloDanglers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 936
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Tressel didn't want to recruit a qb after pryor because who would want to come here knowing they would only start for probably 1 year? We went hard after Montana which just didn't work out. Most of the time when we go hard after a top qb, we have a couple Ohio 3-star/4-star kids who are willing snap commit to OSU if we offer them.

I don't mind his recruiting strategy for QB. We aren't like USC with QB's. Plus we obviously don't need a good qb to make a national championship game appearance. We could probably win the Big 10 with any of the Forcier brothers at QB
MiloDanglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #202
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDanglers View Post
Tressel didn't want to recruit a qb after pryor because who would want to come here knowing they would only start for probably 1 year?
Even if Pryor plays all 4 years, a kid coming in the year after him would still get 2 full years because of a redshirt year. USC signed a top level quarterback for like four straight years.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #203
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football



I'd say his verbal looks a little more serious than most.

Love this pickup. Also love he chose us over Florida. I wonder if Tebow had anything to do with him making the choice, but seems like he was a Buckeye from the start.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #204
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,326
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDanglers View Post
Tressel didn't want to recruit a qb after pryor because who would want to come here knowing they would only start for probably 1 year?
You don't settle for middle-of-the-road 3* QBs two years in a row because "what the hell, they're not gonna play anyway, so why go after anyone better." Kids commit to schools with loaded depth charts all the time. You are from loaded at QB, regardless. Any highly-rated prospect in either of the last two years would have been looking at your chart and seeing one guy they have to worry about competing with. That may not actually be the case, but that's what any 4*+ kid is going to see. For the last two years ago I've been looking at your depth chart and wondering why you weren't going hard after every QB in the country. Last year Tressel put all his eggs in Montana's basket and failed.

Last edited by heater; 06-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #205
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,592
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Makes me crazy as well. But I guess they saw needs that would be better filled with their focus. So far they have been kind of successful I think. The running back stable seems fairly well stocked. OL and DL seem to be getting back to the 6-8 player rotation. S and DB's are ok. LB's - ok. Maybe QB's and WR's will get stocked in this recruiting class.

Overall I think the Bucks will be alright this year and next.


Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
You don't settle for middle-of-the-road 3* QBs two years in a row because "what the hell, they're not gonna play anyway, so why go after anyone better." Kids commit to schools with loaded depth charts all the time. You are from loaded at QB, regardless. Any highly-rated prospect in either of the last two years would have been looking at your chart and seeing one guy they have to worry about competing with. That may not actually be the case, but that's what any 4*+ kid is going to see. For the last two years ago I've been looking at your depth chart and wondering why you weren't going hard after every QB in the country. Last year Tressel put all his eggs in Montana's basket and failed.
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #206
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
You don't settle for middle-of-the-road 3* QBs two years in a row because "what the hell, they're not gonna play anyway, so why go after anyone better." Kids commit to schools with loaded depth charts all the time. You are from loaded at QB, regardless. Any highly-rated prospect in either of the last two years would have been looking at your chart and seeing one guy they have to worry about competing with. That may not actually be the case, but that's what any 4*+ kid is going to see. For the last two years ago I've been looking at your depth chart and wondering why you weren't going hard after every QB in the country. Last year Tressel put all his eggs in Montana's basket and failed.
Tressel's always been about locking down the top talent in Ohio and occasionally getting a big prospect from out of state. It's a tricky spot to sell a lot of the 4 and 5* recruits to come to Ohio, but the ones that really want to be there tend to do pretty well in his system. Guiton is certainly an adequate backup for the next year or two (assuming Pryor is back), and he might be able take over just fine. You don't need to have the best QB to win in college (see Alabama, for example). We won our title with Craig Krenzel under center. We made it to a title game with Todd Boeckman starting. Fortunately there is a lot of talent over the years from Ohio and it's not terribly hard to convince them to stay. A few might get away (and fall off balconies), but whatever. I'm not concerned.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #207
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,194
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
A few might get away (and fall off balconies), but whatever. I'm not concerned.
wooooooooooooooooooooow

going to c bus for a wedding next month, any must hit places for food?
thedeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #208
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,326
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooow

going to c bus for a wedding next month, any must hit places for food?
http://www.schmidthaus.com/

There are a bunch of good places, though. What kind of food are you looking for?
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #209
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooow

going to c bus for a wedding next month, any must hit places for food?
Also recommend Flying Pizza if you are on campus and want some good pizza.

Adriatticos is also good and different for pizza.

There's also the place on Man vs. Food with the giant sandwich? Never been there, though.

I'll be there for a wedding in a month too. Gotta try to squeeze in a lot in a weekend.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #210
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,592
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Is the TOP still open? If so it is the best Steak house I have ever been to. Not much on ambiance - but the best food around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooow

going to c bus for a wedding next month, any must hit places for food?
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #211
USC Cheats
veteran
 
USC Cheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,494
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Food in Columbus:

Mitchell's Steak House downtown is awesome.
USC Cheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #212
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,326
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabucki09 View Post
Is the TOP still open? If so it is the best Steak house I have ever been to. Not much on ambiance - but the best food around.
top is still there and yeah, still best imo

I don't know what you're looking for deezy.

Columbus Fish Market, Thurman Cafe, Katzinger's, Lindey's.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #213
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,194
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
I'll be there for a wedding in a month too. Gotta try to squeeze in a lot in a weekend.
Same wedding would be EPIC


ty for the recommendations buckeyes and fellow wolverine
thedeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #214
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooow

going to c bus for a wedding next month, any must hit places for food?
good recommendations below. you really can't go wrong if you just park on High St in the Short North and walk around. you'll find lots of cool spots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
funny you recommend this as its not too far from my house! i lived in GV for 5+ years and went there a total of once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
Also recommend Flying Pizza if you are on campus and want some good pizza.
FlyPi ftw!!!! i estimate that i've eaten 2,500 pieces of pizza from flypi! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabucki09 View Post
Is the TOP still open? If so it is the best Steak house I have ever been to. Not much on ambiance - but the best food around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
top is still there and yeah, still best imo

I don't know what you're looking for deezy.

Columbus Fish Market, Thurman Cafe, Katzinger's, Lindey's.
TOP is in Bexley, no? weird location on E Main? i've never been but will try now based on these recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
Same wedding would be EPIC


ty for the recommendations buckeyes and fellow wolverine
hehe i was wondering if you were going to the same wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Cheats View Post
Food in Columbus:

Mitchell's Steak House downtown is awesome.
true, but Morton's happy hour with free Kobe Sliders was unbeatable imo.
donniccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #215
MiloDanglers
adept
 
MiloDanglers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 936
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

The mini-run has begun. Evan Spencer committed today. He is the son of Tim Spencer. He is a 4-star WR. Senior camp is in a couple weeks and hopefully we land a few more after that.
MiloDanglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #216
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeezy View Post
Same wedding would be EPIC


ty for the recommendations buckeyes and fellow wolverine
Kevin and Katies wedding, probably small chance its the same one, but it's a big one.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #217
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
Kevin and Katies wedding, probably small chance its the same one, but it's a big one.
i had friends come into town for a wedding... someone and Amanda? they are from Chicago.
donniccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #218
bdubbers
old hand
 
bdubbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,505
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo View Post
FlyPi ftw!!!! i estimate that i've eaten 2,500 pieces of pizza from flypi! ;-)
I worked at FlyPi for like 6 months. great job, paid in wads of cash.

Catfish Biffs is also good for pizza by campus, best when drunk.
bdubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #219
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

<3 biffs
donniccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #220
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,326
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDanglers View Post
The biggest part of his commitment is that he is going to try to get every other high profile recruit (i.e. Depriest) to come to OSU.
are the DePriest to Bama rumors true?
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #221
MiloDanglers
adept
 
MiloDanglers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 936
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

I haven't heard they are confirmed but I have heard that it isn't looking good for OSU. Long story short his position coach at his high school is doing everything he can to get DePriest to go to Bama. He writes updates for a Bama recruiting site, has been on Bama radio shows, and is going to be an assistant coach at the Bama senior camp. The funny thing is that Trey admits to not even having Bama on his radar until his coach told him he should visit just so his coach could see the stadium and meet the staff......and boosters I'm sure. It's all dirty and no one does it better than the SEC.

Oh well on to the next one. It does sting to lose the #1 or 2 linebacker in the nation who is an Ohio boy to another national power two years in a row.
MiloDanglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #222
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,326
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDanglers View Post
It's all dirty and no one does it better than the SEC.
qft

as much as I hate OSU, I can't stand to see anybody go to a place like Bama to play for like a guy like Saban
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #223
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,592
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Are you sure about this? I thought these two were friends (boys as they both said) but that DePriest was still going to school in Springfield - Miller transferrred to Huber Heights in Dayton. Things I have seen DePriest say have alluded to Fickle as being a big reason why he will go to tOSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloDanglers View Post
I haven't heard they are confirmed but I have heard that it isn't looking good for OSU. Long story short his position coach at his high school is doing everything he can to get DePriest to go to Bama. He writes updates for a Bama recruiting site, has been on Bama radio shows, and is going to be an assistant coach at the Bama senior camp. The funny thing is that Trey admits to not even having Bama on his radar until his coach told him he should visit just so his coach could see the stadium and meet the staff......and boosters I'm sure. It's all dirty and no one does it better than the SEC.

Oh well on to the next one. It does sting to lose the #1 or 2 linebacker in the nation who is an Ohio boy to another national power two years in a row.
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #224
flabucki09
old hand
 
flabucki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Orlando
Posts: 1,592
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

BTW - anytime we can take a recruit from UF it makes me smile.....

Joel Hale, Ohio State's latest commitment to its burgeoning recruiting class of 2011, turned 18 today. The defensive line prospect from Center Grove High School outside Greenwood, Ind., celebrated early on Monday, though, telling the OSU coaching staff he wanted to join the Buckeyes.

He picked Ohio State over Florida, the second commitment to the OSU class in less than a week to make that claim.
flabucki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #225
MiloDanglers
adept
 
MiloDanglers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 936
Re: The Ohio State University: Buckeye Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post

as much as I hate OSU, I can't stand to see anybody go to a place like Bama to play for like a guy like Saban
Yeah it didn't hurt too bad losing Jordan Hicks to Mack Brown. I like Texas and their program. It stings if we lose DePriest to Bama because while I think Saban is the best coach in college football, he is also the biggest sleazeball in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabucki09 View Post
Are you sure about this? I thought these two were friends (boys as they both said) but that DePriest was still going to school in Springfield - Miller transferrred to Huber Heights in Dayton. Things I have seen DePriest say have alluded to Fickle as being a big reason why he will go to tOSU.
Nothing is 100% until NLOID but as of now, it isn't looking good with DePriest. Maybe Tressel can give his coach a better job or whatever else Bama is doing but I doubt it. I mean we aren't saints but I do know we have quit recruiting kids because of sketchy circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabucki09 View Post
BTW - anytime we can take a recruit from UF it makes me smile.....
Yeah he was only a 3-star guy but a guy that a lot of big time programs want. I don't rely on the star method but rather look at a guy's offer sheet. When UF and OSU offer and the guy is out of state for both schools, he is a big time pick up.

I knew Braxton would set of a chain of commits with probably 3 more coming in the next couple weeks around senior camp. Come on DePriest. We have good boosters too.......
MiloDanglers is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online