Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #51
areaman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
areaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 13,213
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark1 View Post
Raise your hand if you're going to Madison this weekend!

*raises hand*
have fun. ill be the really huge drunk guy.
areaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #52
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Damn you!

I had the chance to go but I'm too broke. You'll have to let us know how it goes. I just can't wait for some football, this has been one of the longest weeks ever...
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #53
HungryHippo
Pooh-Bah
 
HungryHippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,383
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark1 View Post
Raise your hand if you're going to Madison this weekend!

*raises hand*
enjoy your stay. just curious if you have any plans set up yet?
HungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #54
JohnnyPark1
Pooh-Bah
 
JohnnyPark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,767
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

I plan to take a ton of photos and I'll post a TR if I have enough interesting things to say. I will definitely drink but I don't wanna get so hammered I don't remember the game and the atmosphere. This is a historical moment!

No specific plans. I'm driving up early tomorrow morning from Chicago with an attorney I work with. He's from the Madison area (he also attended NU for one year coincidentally) and we'll be staying with his aunt and and uncle who are supposedly loaded. If I'm not mistaken, his dad and uncle both played football for UW back in the day (I couldn't tell you their names or if they were worth a damn as individual players though).

We were originally going to go to the game for free (hookup through his uncle) but that fell through, then we decided to just do the bar thing, then yesterday we both decided we'll buy tickets from a scalper if we can get a pair for $400 or less. I doubt we'll find that and I'm okay with that. I just want to see a s***load of black in that town and have a good view of the game.
JohnnyPark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #55
areaman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
areaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 13,213
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark1 View Post
I'm driving up early tomorrow morning from Chicago with an attorney I work with.
sounds like you guys are going to have a good time.

areaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #56
HungryHippo
Pooh-Bah
 
HungryHippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,383
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark1 View Post
I plan to take a ton of photos and I'll post a TR if I have enough interesting things to say. I will definitely drink but I don't wanna get so hammered I don't remember the game and the atmosphere. This is a historical moment!

No specific plans. I'm driving up early tomorrow morning from Chicago with an attorney I work with. He's from the Madison area (he also attended NU for one year coincidentally) and we'll be staying with his aunt and and uncle who are supposedly loaded. If I'm not mistaken, his dad and uncle both played football for UW back in the day (I couldn't tell you their names or if they were worth a damn as individual players though).

We were originally going to go to the game for free (hookup through his uncle) but that fell through, then we decided to just do the bar thing, then yesterday we both decided we'll buy tickets from a scalper if we can get a pair for $400 or less. I doubt we'll find that and I'm okay with that. I just want to see a s***load of black in that town and have a good view of the game.
If you don't mind sitting in the student section, you could probably get 2 tickets for $100 each at the start of the game, (if not cheaper depending how drunk the seller is.) There are also tons of tickets on craigslist. I recommend state street pregame, and memorial union terrace post game, but i'm sure your friend will show you the best of madison. Anyways, have fun and enjoy the game.
HungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #57
JohnnyPark1
Pooh-Bah
 
JohnnyPark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,767
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

I heard you need an actual student ID to get into the student section.
JohnnyPark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #58
HungryHippo
Pooh-Bah
 
HungryHippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,383
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark1 View Post
I heard you need an actual student ID to get into the student section.
nope. you get a voucher then when you get to the gate they give you a ticket. No ID needed.
HungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #59
JimHammer
Digg'n the gifs
 
JimHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 8,630
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

I was listening to the 1620 afternoon show and it sounds like a ton of Husker fans are already in Madison. I want to see a huge presence in the stands like they had in South Bend when they played Notre Dame.

Biggest game in years and I won't be able to watch it. I'll be in the air flying to Germany and probably won't be able to get the result until we land.
JimHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #60
JohnnyPark1
Pooh-Bah
 
JohnnyPark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,767
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

I received a text from a couple friends already in Madison and they said there are Husker fans everywhere tonight.

In other news, I took the over (55.5).
JohnnyPark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #61
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHammer View Post
I was listening to the 1620 afternoon show and it sounds like a ton of Husker fans are already in Madison.
I was listening as well off-and-on. Kugler made it sound like it was already just nuts. Man I wish I could be there. The number Madison police threw out there was 20,000 to 40,000 Husker fans tomorrow which is insane. I haven't been this excited for a football game in probably 10 years. Not even Texas and USC.
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #62
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

We;ll be back
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #63
mantisshrimp
centurion
 
mantisshrimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 135
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Hate to say it but we are screwed with Martinez.
He is great at torching inferior competition on the ground but against decent teams he is far more a liability than an asset.
mantisshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #64
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

This might be the first time I have 100% agreed with Dirk Chatelain. He pretty much nailed it with this article:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011100...kfires-on-beck
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #65
Your Mom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: grinding out a mediocre living
Posts: 12,976
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

burkhead not getting the ball in the first half was a joke. the defense got us beat. the awful offensive game plan got us blown out.
Your Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #66
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 27,606
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschubauer View Post
This might be the first time I have 100% agreed with Dirk Chatelain. He pretty much nailed it with this article:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011100...kfires-on-beck
Lol at the "what is your impression of bigten football" question. You guys just played the best Wisconsin team of all time and that's supposed to be representative of bigten football...
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #67
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Well its become pretty obvious to me how to beat Nebraska this year: have a mobile quarterback. Or even running the ball with a sort-of mobile guy works too, just ask Jake Locker and Garrett Gilbert. That Michigan game looks pretty scary all of a sudden.
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #68
Your Mom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: grinding out a mediocre living
Posts: 12,976
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

good to luckbox a game for once.
Your Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #69
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 27,606
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschubauer View Post
Well its become pretty obvious to me how to beat Nebraska this year: have a mobile quarterback. Or even running the ball with a sort-of mobile guy works too, just ask Jake Locker and Garrett Gilbert. That Michigan game looks pretty scary all of a sudden.
At this point, I have no idea who's gonna win that game. All I know is it's gonna be very entertaining.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #70
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,546
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Mom View Post
good to luckbox a game for once.
No luckbox, the coaching staff who understood its limitations best and how to exploit the other team best won.

Only luckbox was on our end getting up that much before you made adjustments.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #71
Your Mom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: grinding out a mediocre living
Posts: 12,976
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

possibly, but i'm not sure if we win or not if BM didn't get hurt.
Your Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #72
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,546
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Mom View Post
possibly, but i'm not sure if we win or not if BM didn't get hurt.
That definitely hurt a lot since his default play is to scramble rather than throw a ball into the crowd, which ate up the clock. Once we got up 21, even running draws up the middle 100% of the time would have give us a decent shot of winning just running out the clock.

I'll be rooting for you guys though! I need Michigan to pick up some losses and have someone ready to get the Legends title.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #73
Your Mom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: grinding out a mediocre living
Posts: 12,976
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

reminds me to post this pic:

Your Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #74
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

Haha saw that. The funnier thing is, that chart actually gives him credit for 3 completions, but he only had 1.
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 AM   #75
Your Mom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: grinding out a mediocre living
Posts: 12,976
Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers Football

I think it included pregame warmups.
Your Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online