Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #226
ajmargarine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ajmargarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: esoterica
Posts: 21,228
Re: Favre to Vikings?

He won't be wearing #10.

ajmargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #227
SL__72
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SL__72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,472
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha59 View Post
I just threw up in my mouth when I saw this. Favre played most of his career in this same offense. Rosenfels will be ok if anything happens to Favre.

TJ is about as useful as the wart on my foot. He doesn't work hard or study hard. He has no composure under pressure. His accuracy sucks if he has to throw the ball more than 15 yards. I think he has a shot to start for zero NFL teams if Chilly cuts him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the let TJ go & keep Booty. I am rooting for that to happen & I have heard local media with sources saying this might be what happens. Addition by subtraction imo. FWIW, Favre will wear whatever # he wants.
Lol, <3 Vikings rubes. TJ is a decent NFL QB. Approaching average. How do you know how hard TJ works? His downfield accuracy is pretty good, probably because he has a rocket arm and doesn't have to put everything he has behind it. He is vastly more athletic than Booty, has a much better arm, scored 5 points higher on the wonderlic (19 to 14) and has a ton more experience. Cutting TJ in favor of Booty would be almost as retarded as JDB himself.

No young QB is going to look good w/ an average line and terrible receivers.
SL__72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #228
SluggerWV
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 725
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Hope Favre takes the Vikings into Green Bay and whips the Packers They shouldn't have kicked him out the door
SluggerWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #229
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: Favre to Vikings?

good call. aaron rodgers sucks.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #230
cha59
ARTist
 
cha59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: I like meat.
Posts: 24,665
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL__72 View Post
Lol, <3 Vikings rubes. TJ is a decent NFL QB. Approaching average. How do you know how hard TJ works? His downfield accuracy is pretty good, probably because he has a rocket arm and doesn't have to put everything he has behind it. He is vastly more athletic than Booty, has a much better arm, scored 5 points higher on the wonderlic (19 to 14) and has a ton more experience. Cutting TJ in favor of Booty would be almost as retarded as JDB himself.

No young QB is going to look good w/ an average line and terrible receivers.
I just noticed this. Have you watched all of his games? I dont know if I'm being leveled here, but TJ is one of the worst I've seen at hitting deep receivers. A rocket arm doesn't matter if you're launching scud missiles with it. I think his biggest problem is judging a moving target. His passes to receivers on the run are dreadfully inaccurate.

The Wonderlic test doesn't mean much to me. TJ has shown he crumples under the slightest pressure. He has no football smarts. He looks like a deer in headlights when he's in a tough situation.

As far as his athleticism, yes, he is more athletic than Booty. He has more experience than Booty as well. The experience would make him slightly more valuable than Booty if you need to stick him in a game this year. I doubt we'll need the 3rd string guy to play, but its possible I guess. That's not why I would like to see TJ go. fwiw, I am not excited about Booty's potential, but we dont know what it is yet.

The reason why I want TJ off my team is because I do not ever want to see him starting for them again. I think we've seen enough to know what his potential is. The ceiling is very low imo.
cha59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #231
Kedu
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,704
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL__72 View Post
Lol, <3 Vikings rubes. TJ is a decent NFL QB. Approaching average. How do you know how hard TJ works? His downfield accuracy is pretty good, probably because he has a rocket arm and doesn't have to put everything he has behind it. He is vastly more athletic than Booty, has a much better arm, scored 5 points higher on the wonderlic (19 to 14) and has a ton more experience. Cutting TJ in favor of Booty would be almost as retarded as JDB himself.

No young QB is going to look good w/ an average line and terrible receivers.
What metric are you using for tjack as a decent quarterback? Also I find it hilarious that players were complaining last because they couldn't understand him in huddles.
Kedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #232
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: Favre to Vikings?

well he did have a dvoa of 10% as a passer last season.

and if you don't like such sorcery, he had a 95.4 qb rating

Last edited by Phildo; 07-05-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: lol qb rating
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #233
cha59
ARTist
 
cha59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: I like meat.
Posts: 24,665
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
well he did have a dvoa of 10% as a passer last season.

and if you don't like such sorcery, he had a 95.4 qb rating
I might like dvoa if I understood it better, and I'm aware what his qb rating was. I also watched the games. Stats are fun to talk about, but if you are trying to base a player's worth on stats alone, you are missing a lot. I wanted this guy to be good for us last year. Prior to the season I'd hear stuff about how good he looked in practice, how he has improved, etc. It was all bs. I wanted to become a TJ fan. He failed miserably imo, and I dont think he has a chance to be a successful starter in the NFL, based on what I have seen in all the games he has played.
cha59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #234
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: Favre to Vikings?

i agree that you can't base a player's worth on stats alone.

i just don't trust your ability to judge an nfl player's worth by watching games over the stats. i don't trust mine either fwiw.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #235
SL__72
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SL__72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,472
Re: Favre to Vikings?

TJack did ok based on any per-attempt metric last season.

Obv. TJ isn't a good NFL starter. Rosenfels is probably better but still isn't good. Thinking Booty is any kind of answer is just wishful thinking. He put up decent stats in a star studded offense at USC, hasn't taken a snap at the NFL level and whether or not you care about it, the only real evidence available to you says he's not very intelligent and less-so than TJ.

Throwing away a decent player for someone who is probably worthless just because you only remember bad plays and the one who hasn't played at all hasn't made any isn't smart. At the very least TJ is a good option for a #2 QB.

And as for the downfield thing, in his 4 games as starter at the end of the season he had 3 or 4 long TDs (including one to Wade!) and actually made Shiancoe look like an NFL caliber receiving TE for the first time in his (Shiancoe's) career, hitting him over the middle on a handful of 20-30 yard passes.
SL__72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #236
SMIGLET
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMIGLET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SCAM GOAT
Posts: 14,837
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
i just don't trust your ability to judge an nfl player's worth by watching games over the stats. i don't trust mine either fwiw.
its tough, especially when you consider that you cant see the entire field for any given play. however, imo there is no doubt that you gain a much better idea of how good any player is by watching them rather than looking at their stats. of course you have to be paying attention to all the right things and its pretty impossible to evaluate more than 1 player at a time without dvr/instant replay
SMIGLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #237
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIGLET View Post
its tough, especially when you consider that you cant see the entire field for any given play. however, imo there is no doubt that you gain a much better idea of how good any player is by watching them rather than looking at their stats. of course you have to be paying attention to all the right things and its pretty impossible to evaluate more than 1 player at a time without dvr/instant replay
scouts with tons of film to break down that can go back and watch everything and know what they're looking for might know 'better than the stats'.

we don't.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #238
cha59
ARTist
 
cha59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: I like meat.
Posts: 24,665
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
i agree that you can't base a player's worth on stats alone.

i just don't trust your ability to judge an nfl player's worth by watching games over the stats. i don't trust mine either fwiw.
I like to go out on limbs sometimes, but I think I have a thick one here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL__72 View Post
TJack did ok based on any per-attempt metric last season.

Obv. TJ isn't a good NFL starter. Rosenfels is probably better but still isn't good. Thinking Booty is any kind of answer is just wishful thinking. He put up decent stats in a star studded offense at USC, hasn't taken a snap at the NFL level and whether or not you care about it, the only real evidence available to you says he's not very intelligent and less-so than TJ.

Throwing away a decent player for someone who is probably worthless just because you only remember bad plays and the one who hasn't played at all hasn't made any isn't smart. At the very least TJ is a good option for a #2 QB.

And as for the downfield thing, in his 4 games as starter at the end of the season he had 3 or 4 long TDs (including one to Wade!) and actually made Shiancoe look like an NFL caliber receiving TE for the first time in his (Shiancoe's) career, hitting him over the middle on a handful of 20-30 yard passes.
I dont think Booty is an answer to anything. I doubt he'll ever be good, but I'm less sure of that than I am that TJ will never be good. If he's as stupid as you say, then it probably gives him less of a chance. I'm just fed up with TJ & I look at it as addition by subtraction if he goes.

Sorry, but we disagree on TJ being a decent player & a good #2 option.

Yeah, the downfield thing, did you notice how wide open those receivers were, and how he threw the ball behind them in at least two of the plays you are referring to? (I am old and not sharp enough to remember all four plays clearly)
cha59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #239
SMIGLET
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMIGLET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SCAM GOAT
Posts: 14,837
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
scouts with tons of film to break down that can go back and watch everything and know what they're looking for might know 'better than the stats'.

we don't.
i was saying nothing about scouts

and yes, that was my point
SMIGLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #240
Black Mamba
Pooh-Bah
 
Black Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Racks on Racks on Racks
Posts: 3,875
Re: Favre to Vikings?

The Vikings should go after Vick.

FWIW, I actually think Vick was a crap QB, and I don't really like him.

However.....a backfield of Vick at QB, Peterson, and Harvin it would just be silly.

With some average blocking I see no way that this offense can be stopped.
Black Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #241
bbones31
veteran
 
bbones31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,535
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
The Vikings should go after Vick.

FWIW, I actually think Vick was a crap QB, and I don't really like him.

However.....a backfield of Vick at QB, Peterson, and Harvin it would just be silly.

With some average blocking I see no way that this offense can be stopped.
This sounds like something I would do in Madden, and hell, if I can 16-0, so can the Vikes.

Honestly, I think trying to get Vick should be taken more seriously, he's still a great athlete and I think he's better than any option we have now. Obviously don't know the condition his skills are in now, but there can't be much of a downside. If he sucks, cut him, or in Chili's case start him.
bbones31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #242
SL__72
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SL__72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,472
Re: Favre to Vikings?

First, Vick sucked before he went to prison. Second, how do you know he is still a great athlete relative to NFL defenders?
SL__72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #243
Black Mamba
Pooh-Bah
 
Black Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Racks on Racks on Racks
Posts: 3,875
Re: Favre to Vikings?

I haven't read this thread, but I am assuming alot of the posters are Vikings fans.

If so....I hope you guys realize how lucky you are to have Harvin on the team. Guy is an absolute stud and if he can stay healthy he will be a joy to watch.

Truly an awesome athlete. I have never seen someone cut like he does.
Black Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #244
Number7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Number7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hanging on
Posts: 6,140
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I haven't read this thread, but I am assuming alot of the posters are Vikings fans.

If so....I hope you guys realize how lucky you are to have Harvin on the team. Guy is an absolute stud and if he can stay healthy he will be a joy to watch.

Truly an awesome athlete. I have never seen someone cut like he does.
Barry Sanders says HI.


Vick or Favre to Vikings would be great. The Vikings threads are gonna absolutely blow up on gameday.
Number7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #245
vig
adept
 
vig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 1,035
It's funny to see people go back and forth on tjax. Your debating whether he sucks a little or a lot. You're missing the point.

The bottom line is that the vikes need a better QB. Favre can greatly improve the position. If Favre can stay healthy this team can be a contender. This has been a long time comming. It's a risk yes, but the vikes need to take a shot.
vig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #246
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Truly an awesome athlete. I have never seen someone cut like he does.
Really easy spot to make an OJ joke here.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #247
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: Favre to Vikings?

I want Favre on the Vikings so bad. It is going to be hilarious and fun to watch. A real live soap opera in front of our eyes.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #248
SL__72
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SL__72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,472
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vig View Post
It's funny to see people go back and forth on tjax. Your debating whether he sucks a little or a lot. You're missing the point.

The bottom line is that the vikes need a better QB. Favre can greatly improve the position. If Favre can stay healthy this team can be a contender. This has been a long time comming. It's a risk yes, but the vikes need to take a shot.
Favre used to be good. He may or may not still be decent. Dude is old and banged up.

I would bet that more than 80% of NFL fans would say their team needs a better QB. Maybe more. It is the hardest and most visible position on the team and at any one time there are really only a handful of guys the public considers good. And that is often just whoever ran well for the most recent season. The only teams whose fans are (and have been for more than a year) happy with their QB are NE, Ind and NO.
SL__72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #249
cha59
ARTist
 
cha59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: I like meat.
Posts: 24,665
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vig View Post
It's funny to see people go back and forth on tjax. Your debating whether he sucks a little or a lot. You're missing the point.

The bottom line is that the vikes need a better QB. Favre can greatly improve the position. If Favre can stay healthy this team can be a contender. This has been a long time comming. It's a risk yes, but the vikes need to take a shot.
I agree that the most important thing is upgrading the position. What happens with Booty or TJ is close to irrelevant, but I really dislike TJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL__72 View Post
Favre used to be good. He may or may not still be decent. Dude is old and banged up.

I would bet that more than 80% of NFL fans would say their team needs a better QB. Maybe more. It is the hardest and most visible position on the team and at any one time there are really only a handful of guys the public considers good. And that is often just whoever ran well for the most recent season. The only teams whose fans are (and have been for more than a year) happy with their QB are NE, Ind and NO.
I was much more satisfied with the Vikings QB situation every year for the past 35 or so years prior to each of the years Childress has been here.

The Gannon/Wilson/Salisbury mess was more favorable than what we have had since Chilly took over. For those who don't remember that, it was before Gannon had shown that he was going to be a good player. Salisbury was never any good, and Wilson was a good backup and notsogood as a starter. I'd take any one of them from that point in time over Johnson/TJ/Gus/Bollinger/Holcombe.

As much as I detested Denny Green, he brought in several capable, professional QBs to play here. Before that we had Kramer & Tark, both of whom were the nuts.
cha59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #250
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: Favre to Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
I want Favre on the Vikings so bad. It is going to be hilarious and fun to watch. A real live soap opera in front of our eyes.
This basically makes the entire Vikings season lose-lose for me, so I'm really hoping it doesnt happen. Actually, its lose-lose-win because it is an epic win if Favre goes lol-and-3 to start out the season and then gets a catastrophic (but painless and cheerful and rainbow ponies for all you nits) injury and is done for the season and we finish 12-3.
vhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online