Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #126
TheBurghler
enthusiast
 
TheBurghler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 64
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitkthx View Post
God i'm good.
You only regurgitated what has been on ESPN all summer, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back.
TheBurghler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #127
shipitkthx
Pooh-Bah
 
shipitkthx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurghler View Post
You only regurgitated what has been on ESPN all summer, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back.
hahaha
shipitkthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #128
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurghler View Post
You have to actually make the playoffs first.

The last 2 times they did make it, 1994 and 2002, who did they lose to??

I have no illusions that the Steelers are without fault this year, but they are most certainly better than the Browns. It really cracks me up when Browns fans talk smack about the Steelers. You dont have a leg to stand on. The Steelers have beaten them 10 straight times. You have to root for other teams to beat them because the Browns cant. I'll take 10-6 and another division crown no matter what happens in the playoffs. Enjoy 6-10 Brownies.
We may lose a lot, but at least we aren't Steelers fans.
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #129
taloc
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,119
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
We may lose a lot, but at least we aren't Steelers fans.
qfmft
taloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #130
TheBurghler
enthusiast
 
TheBurghler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 64
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Rumor has it that Cowher bought a house in Ohio, maybe he can save the Brownies from Romeo.
TheBurghler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #131
Supwithbates
Pooh-Bah
 
Supwithbates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: .............. Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,529
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
It's a shame us Browns fans don't have it as good as the Steelers with their annual first round playoff loss.
Annual? Last year was the first time they'd lost in the first round of playoffs in like 9 years... 2004 they made it to conference championship and lost there (they had a bye in the first round), 2005 they won the superbowl, 2003/2006 they didn't make playoffs. But probably the sweetest of all was 2002, when we actually BEAT the browns in the first round of playoffs, when Tommy Maddox led us on a pretty sick second half comeback. We lost the next game b/c of a bs call in overtime but still, your "annual first round playoff loss" claim is pretty erroneous
Supwithbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #132
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitkthx View Post
God i'm good.
isn't this offset by your "cleveland browns, 2008 afc north champs" prediction?
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #133
TomCollins
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomCollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Blockchain
Posts: 42,548
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supwithbates View Post
Annual? Last year was the first time they'd lost in the first round of playoffs in like 9 years... 2004 they made it to conference championship and lost there (they had a bye in the first round), 2005 they won the superbowl, 2003/2006 they didn't make playoffs. But probably the sweetest of all was 2002, when we actually BEAT the browns in the first round of playoffs, when Tommy Maddox led us on a pretty sick second half comeback. We lost the next game b/c of a bs call in overtime but still, your "annual first round playoff loss" claim is pretty erroneous
What happened last year Chief?
TomCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #134
TheBurghler
enthusiast
 
TheBurghler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 64
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
What happened last year Chief?
The Browns got swept by the Steelers and missed the playoffs
TheBurghler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #135
Supwithbates
Pooh-Bah
 
Supwithbates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: .............. Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,529
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
What happened last year Chief?
Do you really need someone to sit you down and explain the definition of the word annual to you beyond what I already did for a full paragraph?

One isolated occurrence =/= to a recurring yearly event.
Supwithbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #136
shipitkthx
Pooh-Bah
 
shipitkthx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supwithbates View Post
Do you really need someone to sit you down and explain the definition of the word annual to you beyond what I already did for a full paragraph?

One isolated occurrence =/= to a recurring yearly event.
How's that o-line problem you said the Steelers didn't have btw?
shipitkthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #137
shipitkthx
Pooh-Bah
 
shipitkthx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
isn't this offset by your "cleveland browns, 2008 afc north champs" prediction?
Not yet, that one still has life...although its admittedly microscopically small...the steelers o-line problem is pretty much confirmed.
shipitkthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #138
taipeifc
banned
 
taipeifc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "Love it or leave it" imo
Posts: 944
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitkthx View Post
How's that o-line problem you said the Steelers didn't have btw?
I'd rather have an "o line problem" than a "cant make the playoffs" problem or a "Romeo Crennel is our coach" problem.

Are you seriously trying to talk down to the Steelers and their fans? My God, I can only imagine what you would say if the Browns did the impossible and actually beat us.

You are so out of touch with reality it's hilarious. We have 5 (yes 5) rings. Good luck winning 5 games this year.

As for Brady Quinn, he's a huge douche. He's a cocky kid from Notre Dame who never won a bowl game, so he'll fit right in with the Browns and never win anything important.

And we also wipe the floor with the Bengals, just to remind you that the entire state of Ohio blows.
taipeifc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #139
shipitkthx
Pooh-Bah
 
shipitkthx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipeifc View Post
I'd rather have an "o line problem" than a "cant make the playoffs" problem or a "Romeo Crennel is our coach" problem.

Are you seriously trying to talk down to the Steelers and their fans? My God, I can only imagine what you would say if the Browns did the impossible and actually beat us.

You are so out of touch with reality it's hilarious. We have 5 (yes 5) rings. Good luck winning 5 games this year.

As for Brady Quinn, he's a huge douche. He's a cocky kid from Notre Dame who never won a bowl game, so he'll fit right in with the Browns and never win anything important.

And we also wipe the floor with the Bengals, just to remind you that the entire state of Ohio blows.
Out of touch with reality? At least we can admit our problems. We know our secondary sucks. We know DA sucks. We don't know about BQ cuz he hasn't a chance to play yet. We know Romeo is an idiot. You on the other hand, think Tomlin isn't just as dumb as Romeo (lol), don't see the problem in signing your QB to a $100 million deal as your o-line is falling apart, and can't admit that your team is quickly falling away from the level that Cowher put you on. But please keep hanging onto your precious 4 championships from 30 years ago and your stolen ring from recent time. Steelers fans are so funny because you are in a constant state of denial. At least when we lose...we see it for what it is. We blame our team when they **** up and we admit when we get lucky.
shipitkthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 AM   #140
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,313
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

The Steelers are the luckiest team in history. It's fine to be a homer for your favorite team, but you aren't the best franchise in NFL history, sorry! If the NFC wasn't so horrible in 2005 you wouldn't have won. Hell, if INDY wasn't so stupid you wouldn't have won in 2005, Hell, if the refs called a fair game you wouldn't have won in 2005.

And, your O-line might be the worst in the league. Have fun this year.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #141
TheBurghler
enthusiast
 
TheBurghler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 64
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
The Steelers are the luckiest team in history. It's fine to be a homer for your favorite team, but you aren't the best franchise in NFL history, sorry! If the NFC wasn't so horrible in 2005 you wouldn't have won. Hell, if INDY wasn't so stupid you wouldn't have won in 2005, Hell, if the refs called a fair game you wouldn't have won in 2005.

And, your O-line might be the worst in the league. Have fun this year.
If, If, If......LOL

If the queen had balls she'd be the king!!!

Everyone talks about the refs in the Super Bowl but never mentions the call against the Steelers in the Colts game. The NFL issued a letter of apology to the Steelers the following monday.

I never said they were the best francshise in the NFL, but they are head and shoulders above Cleveland. It's not a matter of opinion either, it's a matter a fact.

It really amazes me how Browns fans love to talk smack about the Steelers. THEY OWN THE BROWNS.

I would never talk smack about New England or Jacksonville because they have owned the Steelers the past 4 or 5 years. I can admit they were better.
TheBurghler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #142
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,313
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurghler View Post
If, If, If......LOL

If the queen had balls she'd be the king!!!

Everyone talks about the refs in the Super Bowl but never mentions the call against the Steelers in the Colts game. The NFL issued a letter of apology to the Steelers the following monday.

I never said they were the best francshise in the NFL, but they are head and shoulders above Cleveland. It's not a matter of opinion either, it's a matter a fact.

It really amazes me how Browns fans love to talk smack about the Steelers. THEY OWN THE BROWNS.

I would never talk smack about New England or Jacksonville because they have owned the Steelers the past 4 or 5 years. I can admit they were better.
Paul Brown is the most important figure in NFL history. That alone makes the Browns one of the most important franchises in history. If the Steelers never existed, football would be basically the same. If Paul Brown and the Browns never existed, football wouldn't be the megasport that it is today.

I'm not a fan of the Browns or the Steelers, but I'll never be able to talk crap about a franchise that has given us so much to such a great sport. The Steelers just give us cocky fans. GTFO with one for the thumb and all that other bull****.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #143
TheBurghler
enthusiast
 
TheBurghler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 64
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
Paul Brown is the most important figure in NFL history. That alone makes the Browns one of the most important franchises in history. If the Steelers never existed, football would be basically the same. If Paul Brown and the Browns never existed, football wouldn't be the megasport that it is today.

I'm not a fan of the Browns or the Steelers, but I'll never be able to talk crap about a franchise that has given us so much to such a great sport. The Steelers just give us cocky fans. GTFO with one for the thumb and all that other bull****.
Get out of the 50's. The NFL was without the Browns for a few years and they did just fine.
TheBurghler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #144
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,313
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurghler View Post
Get out of the 50's. The NFL was without the Browns for a few years and they did just fine.
The NFL could be without the Browns right now and they'd still be more important. The Browns in the 50s and 60s > the whole of Steeler's history.

Guess I gotta drink a bit more of that Steelers kool-aid before I see otherwise.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #145
Ray Lewis
newbie
 
Ray Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Destroying the AFC North
Posts: 15
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

O hay guise what's going on in this thread?
Ray Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #146
taipeifc
banned
 
taipeifc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "Love it or leave it" imo
Posts: 944
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz View Post
Paul Brown is the most important figure in NFL history. That alone makes the Browns one of the most important franchises in history. If the Steelers never existed, football would be basically the same. If Paul Brown and the Browns never existed, football wouldn't be the megasport that it is today.

I'm not a fan of the Browns or the Steelers, but I'll never be able to talk crap about a franchise that has given us so much to such a great sport. The Steelers just give us cocky fans. GTFO with one for the thumb and all that other bull****.
Yeah the Rooneys aren't important....
taipeifc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #147
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

plz get this Steeler dickwaving out of the thread

Re: the Browns, this is terrible. DA will pick apart a bad defense and "secure" the starting job before sucking against future opponents and losing the job in about week 8.
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #148
taipeifc
banned
 
taipeifc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "Love it or leave it" imo
Posts: 944
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitkthx View Post
Steelers fans are so funny because you are in a constant state of denial. At least when we lose...we see it for what it is. We blame our team when they **** up and we admit when we get lucky.
The best part is you don't even leave any possibility that the Browns can be good. It's either "well we suck, but at least we ADMIT that we suck" or "we got lucky and won some games."

I guess winning 3 road playoff games in 2005 was all luck too, right?

The fact is, you don't have any stability at head coach, QB, or anywhere on defense. Brady Quinn is totally unproven, yet once he has two 300 yard games, everyone in Cleveland will be all over his nuts like they were with DA. Then once he proves he sucks, you'll get back to yelling how "WE KNOW WE SUCK BUT WE ADMIT IT AND STEELERS R LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And Tomlin might not be Chuck Noll, but he's never lost to the Browns.

Why are you so obsessed with our "o line troubles?" Shouldn't you be more focused on your gaping holes at head coach, QB, WR, defense, etc?

Have the Browns ever even been to a Super Bowl? Oh wait, John Elway got lucky a few times and...
taipeifc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #149
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,451
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

okay, okay...

the steelers beat the browns.

every year.

twice.

you rule, and we drool...can't you just make a '2008 steelers rule' thread, and leave us to whine amongst ourselves?

p.s. if the steelers had the same fanbase (ie true diehards), wouldn't there be a steelers thread here?
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #150
shipitkthx
Pooh-Bah
 
shipitkthx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: Cleveland Browns 2008 AFC North Champs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipeifc View Post
I guess winning 3 road playoff games in 2005 was all luck too, right?






But we'll just ignore those lucky moments and call it all skill...ok.

Last edited by shipitkthx; 09-27-2008 at 12:00 AM.
shipitkthx is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online