Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #1351
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,284
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toerazor View Post
I just dont think it makes that big of a difference since we are 20 players deep. If we were 12-15 players deep on each team I would understand your point more. But there are going to be 2-3 players on each team that wont even get in the starting line up this year for each team. That is part of a dynasty league is getting players for a couple years down the line.
ok so why do you need an IR spot?
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #1352
hanster
veteran
 
hanster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 2,726
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

I'm taking a huge gambol:

Kenbrell Thompkins
hanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1353
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,284
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

11.6 Jermichael Finley
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1354
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Team SirKillsALot
Posts: 56,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
ok so why do you need an IR spot?
If benches are that deep to where you think an IR spot doesn't matter than why would you draft differently.
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #1355
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
I never said anything about discussion. I am talking about the league settings, which included ppr. That is how I know the league is ppr, the league settings.
Ya this exactly.

Some of us are in 6-7 leagues. It's not easy to remember which team has what. So the best way to remember is to check the settings.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #1356
Toerazor
old hand
 
Toerazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posts: 1,756
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
ok so why do you need an IR spot?
We dont have to have one. Its not a big deal to me. Im just saying your argument about drafting differently doesnt make sense, since we are 20 players deep.
Toerazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1357
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Team SirKillsALot
Posts: 56,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
Ya this exactly.

Some of us are in 6-7 leagues. It's not easy to remember which team has what. So the best way to remember is to check the settings.
I have 11 leagues, 6 of which I'm running and spend extra time on and I noticed it.

Basically, you're too busy to read a thread between signing up and the draft? Smart.
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1358
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanster View Post
I'm taking a huge gambol:

Kenbrell Thompkins
the old gamble on the #2 WR on a Brady team? lol it's not a gamble

Only reason I didn't take him is because I have no evidence he'll be the #2 there next year.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1359
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,284
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
If benches are that deep to where you think an IR spot doesn't matter than why would you draft differently.
ok so you used same argument, so it all goes back to my original argument, which IMO is rock solid, case closed.
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #1360
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,284
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
I have 11 leagues, 6 of which I'm running and spend extra time on and I noticed it.

Basically, you're too busy to read a thread between signing up and the draft? Smart.
No, he looked at the league settings and drafted accordingly. Im done with this conversation and I'm heading out for the night, going to assume this gets handled correctly.
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1361
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
I have 11 leagues, 6 of which I'm running and spend extra time on and I noticed it.

Basically, you're too busy to read a thread between signing up and the draft? Smart.
I'm not saying people don't notice. I'm saying people don't remember. I couldn't tell you which of my leagues penalize for sacks and which don't. I have to check the settings for that level of detail. And frankly if you can remember the exact settings on your 11 fantasy football teams, you may have a different kind of problem...
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #1362
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Team SirKillsALot
Posts: 56,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
I'm not saying people don't notice. I'm saying people don't remember.
So because you forgot something, that means we shouldn't do it.

My god.
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #1363
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Team SirKillsALot
Posts: 56,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
the old gamble on the #2 WR on a Brady team? lol it's not a gamble

Only reason I didn't take him is because I have no evidence he'll be the #2 there next year.
So it's not a gamble, but it is?

Lol
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #1364
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
So because you forgot something, that means we shouldn't do it.

My god.
Is that really what you took from my post? You can't be this obtuse.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #1365
steerboy
centurion
 
steerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 133
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
morons? wow, anyway...yes we do because its in the LEAGUE SETTINGS!!!!

u mad?
Sheesh... The name calling is getting annoying here. There's no call for it and we're ostensibly going to be together for 10 years!

This is an awfully long thread and it's easy to miss things, but no need to be mean-spirited about it.

Commish, just make a call on the IR spot and we'll stick with it. We should just draft up an official contract with all the rules to agree to... Wish I knew of a lawyer who suddenly had a bunch of time on their hands...
steerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #1366
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
So it's not a gamble, but it is?

Lol
It's not remotely close to a gamble if the player can provide a year of elite service. See Tony Gonzalez in the 9th.

I didn't take Thompkins because I had Randle higher, that's about it.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #1367
Toerazor
old hand
 
Toerazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posts: 1,756
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by steerboy View Post
Sheesh... The name calling is getting annoying here. There's no call for it and we're ostensibly going to be together for 10 years!

This is an awfully long thread and it's easy to miss things, but no need to be mean-spirited about it.

Commish, just make a call on the IR spot and we'll stick with it. We should just draft up an official contract with all the rules to agree to... Wish I knew of a lawyer who suddenly had a bunch of time on their hands...
Haha right. Ok no IR spot this year. I forgot to put it in the league settings. My bad.
Toerazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #1368
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toerazor View Post
Haha right. Ok no IR spot this year. I forgot to put it in the league settings. My bad.
btw I wanted to post this 3 pages ago, wanted to say thanks for the people organizing and doing everything (league settings, spreadsheet, etc...).

That said that's the correct call commish, thx.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #1369
hanster
veteran
 
hanster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 2,726
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

I don't knwo about you guys but i really think we should make week 1 and week 13 rivalry weeks here!!!

Sirrawrs vs Rafiki
NDfan vs steerboy
SOMETHING somethign
hanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #1370
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

lol absolutely

Week 10 my team faces Rawrs, and I don't think either of us has anyone meaningful on bye. Side bets will be welcome
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #1371
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanster View Post
I don't knwo about you guys but i really think we should make week 1 and week 13 rivalry weeks here!!!

Sirrawrs vs Rafiki
NDfan vs steerboy
SOMETHING somethign
I have no beefs with steerboy
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #1372
steerboy
centurion
 
steerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 133
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
I have no beefs with steerboy
Yah - I think my beef is with that Hab-Hater Rafiki who almost slammed them. Still close enough to have issues!
steerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #1373
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,259
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by steerboy View Post
Yah - I think my beef is with that Hab-Hater Rafiki who almost slammed them. Still close enough to have issues!
I'm a Bruins fan, we gotta have *mild* *half-serious* beef. We each have a Subban now, so it will get interesting in a few years.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #1374
steerboy
centurion
 
steerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 133
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
I'm a Bruins fan, we gotta have *mild* *half-serious* beef. We each have a Subban now, so it will get interesting in a few years.
True enough.
Unfortunately, you've got the wrong Subban.
That said, I'm not sure how much longer we can hold onto ours...
steerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #1375
bthekuta
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 623
Re: 2013 Fantasy Football Dynasty League $100

I draft Ryan Broyles
bthekuta is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online