Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #151
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,381
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
I'm currently in two 8 man PPR re-draft leagues. I have the 2nd pick and the 6th pick. Planning to take Barkley and hoping to get Cook. I might end up starting RB/RB/RB in the league where I have the 2nd pick based on some mocks I've done.

If the top 5 RBs go in the league where I have the 6th pick, I'll probably take Thomas or Adams and then plan to take best RB available, hopefully Jones, in round 2. This is a league where we start 3 WRs plus a flex, so I don't feel as bad starting out with WR.

How do we feel about Godwin and Evans this year? Does Godwin have the slight edge? Will they be better, worse, or about even compared to last year?

How do we feel about Golladay? I almost like Golladay more than Godwin and Evans.

Also, I'd be interested in joining at least 1 or 2 other leagues, so if anyone is looking for more players in one of their leagues then let me know. Ideally, I'm looking for PPR and either 8 or 10 man. Willing to do up to $100 buy in.
Would do a league with people ITT, just saying.

and I have them ranked Godwin > Golladay > Evans
Dizzyqtp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #152
Gaddy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,125
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Made another dynasty trade for some additional RB depth. Sent MWill, Anthony Miller and 3.12 for J Howard, 2.03 and 2.12.
Gaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #153
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,557
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
Made another dynasty trade for some additional RB depth. Sent MWill, Anthony Miller and 3.12 for J Howard, 2.03 and 2.12.
I like it. Howard underrated. 2.03 and 2.12 should get you some nice prospects.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #154
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,802
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyqtp View Post
Would do a league with people ITT, just saying
Same. Anyone else? If we can get enough momentum, I’d consider setting up and commishing unless someone else wants to takes the lead. Haha.

Also, looking for a dynasty league, but not sure I want to get into one in the year of Rona.
tarheels2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #155
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,802
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolves View Post
I like it. Howard underrated. 2.03 and 2.12 should get you some nice prospects.
Agreed. Nice trade.
tarheels2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #156
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,874
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
Same. Anyone else? If we can get enough momentum, Id consider setting up and commishing unless someone else wants to takes the lead. Haha.

Also, looking for a dynasty league, but not sure I want to get into one in the year of Rona.
I'd be down but all my fantasy money is locked up in leaguesafe so would need to be ls for me to join.

Also doubt we have enough people but doing a guillotine would be fun. Never done one before.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:05 PM   #157
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,381
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Guillotine is fun but I think a regular league w regulars from this thread would be more fun. My vote would be 10 team and have a super flex but open for whatever really

League safe is fine with me

Edit: LS just holds $ for you right? or is it actually the platform you play on?
Dizzyqtp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #158
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,874
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyqtp View Post
Guillotine is fun but I think a regular league w regulars from this thread would be more fun. My vote would be 10 team and have a super flex but open for whatever really

League safe is fine with me

Edit: LS just holds $ for you right? or is it actually the platform you play on?
Holds money but takes some rake at some point (at withdrawal?)
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #159
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,802
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

LS is cool for me. The rake is paid when you buy in into the league. It’s not much though. Maybe 3%?

Guillotine is a lot of fun, but man Tuesday nights are stressful, especially when you’re in multiple other leagues.

10 team and superflex would also be cool with me.

Dizzy, 5 South and Tar Heels. 7 others?
tarheels2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #160
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,381
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Every miles sanders hater join the league please
Dizzyqtp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #161
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,557
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

In


Draft has to be late for me though. Like weekend before the regular season starts.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #162
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,802
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Cool with me. I have on draft on 9/6 at 8 eastern, but can do any other time that weekend or even one of the few weekdays before the start of the regular season.

6 more?

Also, dizzy, you can have all of Miles haha.
tarheels2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #163
chuckles2020
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 746
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

I'd be down for a league with thread members. I not super active or anything but Im a lurker and have been following this forum for years
chuckles2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #164
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,874
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
Cool with me. I have on draft on 9/6 at 8 eastern, but can do any other time that weekend or even one of the few weekdays before the start of the regular season.

6 more?

Also, dizzy, you can have all of Miles haha.
I've also got a draft 9/6 at 8 eastern. Pretty much any day after 8pm est is fine for me besides that.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:51 PM   #165
rockstar1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 211
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
I'm currently in two 8 man PPR re-draft leagues. I have the 2nd pick and the 6th pick. Planning to take Barkley and hoping to get Cook. I might end up starting RB/RB/RB in the league where I have the 2nd pick based on some mocks I've done.

If the top 5 RBs go in the league where I have the 6th pick, I'll probably take Thomas or Adams and then plan to take best RB available, hopefully Jones, in round 2. This is a league where we start 3 WRs plus a flex, so I don't feel as bad starting out with WR.

How do we feel about Godwin and Evans this year? Does Godwin have the slight edge? Will they be better, worse, or about even compared to last year?

How do we feel about Golladay? I almost like Golladay more than Godwin and Evans.

Also, I'd be interested in joining at least 1 or 2 other leagues, so if anyone is looking for more players in one of their leagues then let me know. Ideally, I'm looking for PPR and either 8 or 10 man. Willing to do up to $100 buy in.
I think Godwin has much better year than brady. Brady's lack of deep throws last few years was blamed on his wrs, but i actually think he doesn't have that accurate of a 40+...think godwin could have monster year underneath
rockstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:55 PM   #166
rockstar1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 211
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
LS is cool for me. The rake is paid when you buy in into the league. Its not much though. Maybe 3%?

Guillotine is a lot of fun, but man Tuesday nights are stressful, especially when youre in multiple other leagues.

10 team and superflex would also be cool with me.

Dizzy, 5 South and Tar Heels. 7 others?
I'd be in as well if draft time works
rockstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #167
rockstar1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 211
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

How do people rank the following:

Mixon,Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Ekeler, Jones?





Ill go first: Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Mixon,Jones,Ekeler
rockstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #168
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,381
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

League:
1. Tar Heels
2. Dizzy
3. 5 south
4. Wolves
5. Chuckles
6. Rockstar
7.
8.
9.
10.

We can get there.
Dizzyqtp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #169
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,557
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar1 View Post
How do people rank the following:

Mixon,Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Ekeler, Jones?





Ill go first: Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Mixon,Jones,Ekeler
Jacobs/Mixon/Chubb/Drake/Jones/Sanders/Ekeler
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #170
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,381
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

& Sanders > Mixon/Drake > Jacobs > Ekeler > Jones > Chubb for me
Dizzyqtp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #171
Precept24
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 8,461
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar1 View Post
How do people rank the following:



Mixon,Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Ekeler, Jones?











Ill go first: Drake,Sanders,Jacobs,Chubb,Mixon,Jones,Ekeler
Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Drake, Jones, Ekeler, Sanders


Earlier ITT, I said I had Drake RB8. I since flip flopped him and Jacobs. So, Drake is my RB9, now.
Precept24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:13 PM   #172
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At Casino AZ Again
Posts: 31,568
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Count me in. Do we have a buy-in? I am willing to hold if it will avoid a rake.
that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #173
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 5,038
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Sanders, Drake, Chubb, Mixon, Jones, Jacobs, Ekeler. Have a bunch of WR's and Kelce/Kittle in between Drake and Chubb though.
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:51 AM   #174
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,874
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatsauce View Post
Sanders, Drake, Chubb, Mixon, Jones, Jacobs, Ekeler. Have a bunch of WR's and Kelce/Kittle in between Drake and Chubb though.
Think I'm all in on Hockenson this year if he continues to hang around the 9th/10th rd and pair him with a Doyle, Herndon, Gesecki, Jonnu, Ebron type as insurance as opposed to an end of the draft flyer WR as there are so many good WR's everywhere in the mid rounds.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:08 AM   #175
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 5,038
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
Think I'm all in on Hockenson this year if he continues to hang around the 9th/10th rd and pair him with a Doyle, Herndon, Gesecki, Jonnu, Ebron type as insurance as opposed to an end of the draft flyer WR as there are so many good WR's everywhere in the mid rounds.

Yeah grabbing two guys from that tier of TEs is my preferred go-to strat for that position as well. Also have Hockenson on top of the tier, with Fant, Hurst (who I seem to be lower on than consensus) and Goedert in there as well as the guys you named. Irv Smith Jr., Blake Jarwin, and Ian Thomas are some reasonable options if you mistime things a bit imo.
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive