Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #1251
rockstar1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 211
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Tell me about it 64. I'm without my 1, 2 and 3 picks plus crowder for most of first 3 weeks. CmC, golladay, kittle. Dick punches
Picking from 1/2 slots this year mostly terrible
rockstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #1252
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 85,785
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

My first three picks have been perfectly healthy and productive but my team still sucks. Missed on absolutely every pick after that.
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #1253
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,305
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
My first three picks have been perfectly healthy and productive but my team still sucks. Missed on absolutely every pick after that.
Same lol.

Save me, Great White Hope Herbert.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #1254
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,225
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

anyone gonna dabble and scoop Antonio Brown? considering it in a 14 team ppr with 3wr/flex and 7 bench spots. he's on a 8 game suspension and its already started regardless if hes signed or not, per new cba or something. so AB could technically be playing week 9.

Im super set at WR and most of my teams byes are weeks 10,11 so I think i could stash until then. Im def looking to trade for a RB after this week. Im 0-2 but my matchup this week off to a nice start

Fitzpatrick
M. Thomas, Ridley, ARob, DJ Moore, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller
Gaskin, Mckinnon, Malc Brown, Jeff Wilson
Logan Thomas, Gronk
(hes my next drop, probably should drop him now. i actually think hes going to have some multi TD games just never gonna be able to predict them)
Tennessee (have a claim in for Buffalo dropping Tenn)

players on wire or waivers are like 8 qbs, buffalo, chicago, kansas city, Tevin Coleman, Frank Gore (i dropped him shrug), peyton barber, mooney, Cobb, gus edwards, AJ dillon, rex burkhead

or do i just start carrying 2 defenses or 2qbs?
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #1255
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,305
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

If you have the space, I suppose anyone with potential value is worth a stash. But it is a longshot that Brown is signed, let alone sees the field at any point this season. There must be better RB stashes given your situation.

It can be worth it in that size of league to run 2 defenses and play matchups but more importantly at playoff time.

Don't see much point in having a second QB if you are running out Fitzmagic right now.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #1256
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,515
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyqtp View Post
WW’s Singletary takes with a glimmer of hope
Yeah i definitely missed on that situation. As soon as Moss is healthy he'll be back in the game 45% of snaps. It doesn't matter how good Singletary plays. I think Buffalo is making a mistake but that doesn't matter. It's a 50/50 split.

But........Singletary should be really good the next 2-3 weeks.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:05 PM   #1257
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,225
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

curious why you think AB is a longshot to be signed? i think a good structured strong team like ravens, titans, packers?, texans? or something he falls in and keeps his act together. i dont think this a kapernick blackball situation but at same time you are probably right and teams may just not want to deal with the headache

for the little time he was with Pats he seemed to have his act together


guess ill just stash Ito Smith or something
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:29 PM   #1258
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,515
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Man Houston sure could use him.......
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #1259
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,515
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

I don't see why Houston can't give him a good size half a year contract with easy outs........they have a good QB and he's #1 WR right away.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #1260
DisGunBGud
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DisGunBGud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: GENIE LAND
Posts: 23,479
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Tell me about it 64. I'm without my 1, 2 and 3 picks plus crowder for most of first 3 weeks. CmC, golladay, kittle. Dick punches
CMC, Golladay, AJ Brown, Zack Moss, Duke, picked up P Campbell. Kyler Murray saving my bacon.
DisGunBGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #1261
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 4,079
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolves View Post
Yeah i definitely missed on that situation. As soon as Moss is healthy he'll be back in the game 45% of snaps. It doesn't matter how good Singletary plays. I think Buffalo is making a mistake but that doesn't matter. It's a 50/50 split.

But........Singletary should be really good the next 2-3 weeks.
I agreed with your premise. The kid looked so good last year and the stubborn bills kept giving Gore touches. Was hoping they'd at the least stay consistent this year and let the incumbent get the lion's share of the work especially early in the season with no preseason.
Nope, I guess draft capital takes precedence with this regime. Have to take note.
5 south is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #1262
Dizzyqtp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,909
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Draft capital on moss + josh Allen TD vulture king was why he was a fade. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player
Dizzyqtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM   #1263
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,674
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

It's crazy that Baker and Darnold were taken ahead of Allen. Maybe Allen doesn't fair as well in those situation, but regardless of situation, he simply seems to be a better quarterback than those 2.

The funny thing is that NYG, Den, and Ind all picked before Buf too.

NYG still had Eli, albeit at the end, but taking Saquon is probably the right play assuming Clev doesn't take him at 1. They got Jones, but NYG might be a better team at this point with Allen instead and no Saquon, regardless of the injury.

The Broncos had Case Keenum and passed on Allen by taking Bradley Chubb. They traded Keenum after the 2018 season.

Ind had Luck, so that's fair. And they drafted a G so they were all in with Luck at that point.

But I almost wonder if you're a top 10-15 picking team, if you should just keep taking QBs until you find one that works. It seems that a lot of times taking CBs or DEs or DTs or even OTs in the first round only work when you already have that franchise QB. At this point, it's pretty clear Baker and Darnold aren't franchise QBs. You can't tell me that either the NYJ or the Panthers pass on Trevor Lawrence at that top pick even though the Panthers just signed Teddy and the NYJ have Darnold.

You just accept you'll suck until you're in that spot where you hit on the franchise QB, and then you start building your team. Even if your team sucks, you generally have a solid feel for when you hit on the franchise QB. They usually come in and immediately make everyone better.
tarheels2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #1264
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,674
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Wow. I just watched 10 minutes of Luck highlights. You want to know the common theme? T.Y. Hilton.

Luck made him and he made Luck. T.Y. is not the same without Luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PqQZUofJPM

Also, Luck was really good.
tarheels2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:27 AM   #1265
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,674
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

I think it was clear, but I'm drunk, so I'm not sure lol. But my argument in post 1263 is simply that a team in NYG or Den position in 2018 would fare better by taking a QB like Allen in hope that it becomes a franchise QB even if it's not the most immediate need.

Every single franchise desires to have a franchise QB, and then they figure out the rest from there.

Not that this has anything to do with fantasy, but sometimes it's just fun to just discuss football. Especially when TNF was complete ****.

Last edited by tarheels2222; Yesterday at 01:43 AM.
tarheels2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM   #1266
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,674
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Also, from a fantasy standpoint, I'm upset the Jags made Fitzmagic look good. It just delays the Tua debut.
tarheels2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #1267
Burdzthewurd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Burdzthewurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WE THE PEOPLE
Posts: 11,272
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
I think it was clear, but I'm drunk, so I'm not sure lol. But my argument in post 1263 is simply that a team in NYG or Den position in 2018 would fare better by taking a QB like Allen in hope that it becomes a franchise QB even if it's not the most immediate need.

Every single franchise desires to have a franchise QB, and then they figure out the rest from there.

Not that this has anything to do with fantasy, but sometimes it's just fun to just discuss football. Especially when TNF was complete ****.
IIRC that strategy has worked out very poorly for Denver the last 10 years
Burdzthewurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM   #1268
tarheels2222
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,674
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

I guess they should have taken Allen.
tarheels2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #1269
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 85,785
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels2222 View Post
It's crazy that Baker and Darnold were taken ahead of Allen. Maybe Allen doesn't fair as well in those situation, but regardless of situation, he simply seems to be a better quarterback than those 2.

The funny thing is that NYG, Den, and Ind all picked before Buf too.

NYG still had Eli, albeit at the end, but taking Saquon is probably the right play assuming Clev doesn't take him at 1. They got Jones, but NYG might be a better team at this point with Allen instead and no Saquon, regardless of the injury.

The Broncos had Case Keenum and passed on Allen by taking Bradley Chubb. They traded Keenum after the 2018 season.

Ind had Luck, so that's fair. And they drafted a G so they were all in with Luck at that point.

But I almost wonder if you're a top 10-15 picking team, if you should just keep taking QBs until you find one that works. It seems that a lot of times taking CBs or DEs or DTs or even OTs in the first round only work when you already have that franchise QB. At this point, it's pretty clear Baker and Darnold aren't franchise QBs. You can't tell me that either the NYJ or the Panthers pass on Trevor Lawrence at that top pick even though the Panthers just signed Teddy and the NYJ have Darnold.

You just accept you'll suck until you're in that spot where you hit on the franchise QB, and then you start building your team. Even if your team sucks, you generally have a solid feel for when you hit on the franchise QB. They usually come in and immediately make everyone better.
I mean consensus opinion at the time was that allen had 90%+ bust potential...hes a great fantasy qb and can pile up nice stats against the jets and dolphins but has looked real shaky whenever it matters against decent teams.

barkley pick was obviously awful since a rb is never going to be worth it there
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #1270
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 4,079
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Buff vs Rams
Was it last offseason the Jalen called Josh Allen a trash QB?

I'm sure Josh didn't forget that.
5 south is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #1271
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,305
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Allen is good now in hindsight. It's also got a lot to do with the team. NYJ and CLE are dumpster fire organizations.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #1272
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,305
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHimself View Post
curious why you think AB is a longshot to be signed? i think a good structured strong team like ravens, titans, packers?, texans? or something he falls in and keeps his act together. i dont think this a kapernick blackball situation but at same time you are probably right and teams may just not want to deal with the headache

for the little time he was with Pats he seemed to have his act together


guess ill just stash Ito Smith or something
Nobody is touching AB imo. Cancer for a team, and he is now effectively 2 years since seeing a field. I think his career is done.
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #1273
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,515
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyqtp View Post
Draft capital on moss + josh Allen TD vulture king was why he was a fade. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player
Yeah I just felt they were so shallow at RB that they were drafting Moss as Singletary's back up. Part of it was the way they ended last year. They gave Singletary like 20 touches a game for 8-9 games and he delivered. They must be worried they will wear him down to much so they don't want his touch count that high. I wasn't super impressed with what I saw out of Moss in college too. That he was just a decent RB nothing special.

It will be interesting to see how good he plays the next 3 weeks.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #1274
jh12547
Pooh-Bah
 
jh12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,837
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Keep an eye on Atl Chi. It sounds like the game will go on but they are awaiting test results to come back.
jh12547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #1275
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 4,079
Re: 2020 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh12547 View Post
Keep an eye on Atl Chi. It sounds like the game will go on but they are awaiting test results to come back.
Come on
My Adams, AJB, Ruggs, James White team will now lose ARob?
5 south is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online