Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #126
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,802
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Deciding between Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington and Alvin Kamara. #3 priority but the two ahead of me are pretty inactive on the waiver wire so will prob get my first choice, but not my 2nd. What order should I make these claims?

EDIT: .5 PPR league.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #127
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,225
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Deciding between Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington and Alvin Kamara. #3 priority but the two ahead of me are pretty inactive on the waiver wire so will prob get my first choice, but not my 2nd. What order should I make these claims?

EDIT: .5 PPR league.
I'd say reverse the order you listed them and possibly not even waste your #3 on Murray.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:15 AM   #128
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,802
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
I'd say reverse the order you listed them and possibly not even waste your #3 on Murray.
Thanks. Only reason I included Murray is I think he is bound to get a heavier workload than the other two as far as snaps, but obviously he did not look good last game or last season for that matter.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #129
boscoboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,185
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Thanks. Only reason I included Murray is I think he is bound to get a heavier workload than the other two as far as snaps, but obviously he did not look good last game or last season for that matter.
If 'not looking good' is 788-12 with 33-264 in catches for 75% of a season then sign me up.
boscoboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #130
VanceAce
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 225
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Thoughts on Packers RB situation i.e. is Aaron Jones worth a roster spot?
VanceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #131
Burdzthewurd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Burdzthewurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WE THE PEOPLE
Posts: 10,709
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceAce View Post
Thoughts on Packers RB situation i.e. is Aaron Jones worth a roster spot?
If you can't get Murray/Kamara/Ellington, then yes
Burdzthewurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #132
Gustafson26
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WNY
Posts: 466
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Is Rawls worth a roster spot now? We have a $200 budget for WW pickups (have $135 left). What should I spend on him, if any?

Some reports are saying he will be starting over Lacy. All other SEA backs are owned in my league. Also, Aaron Jones and Murray are out there, but I'm passing on both, I think. I own Jamaal Williams (fingers crossed he can play or only misses one game) and I feel Murray won't do much with the Vikes offense.
Gustafson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #133
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 21,841
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Isn’t there a chance ty Montgomery plays this week ?
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #134
YALLIGNENT
grinder
 
YALLIGNENT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AP NJ
Posts: 627
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

How would you guys list these two priority orders for RBS:

Murray
McGuire
Gallman
Collins
A. Jones


Bernard
Gallman
McGuire
McKissic

I only need 1 from each. The first team I'm dropping vereen, the second team I'm dropping perkins.
YALLIGNENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #135
Gustafson26
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WNY
Posts: 466
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Ty Mont may play, but for someone who hasn't played a full season as a RB, I don't see how he stays healthy the rest of the season.
Gustafson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #136
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 21,841
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

I had a team where we start 3 rbs with a flex .

I had 4 stud rbs plus Tarik Cohen.

Might be down to 2 and cohen now with dalvin cook and ty
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #137
timhardawyhatesu
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,869
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Who should I be looking to get in place of Car? Watson/Goff/Simmon/loldalton, does it really matter? just stream probably week to week?
timhardawyhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #138
fishmeout
veteran
 
fishmeout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: chi city
Posts: 3,185
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

PPR league. Team:

Ty Montgomery
Thompson
Lynch
Stewart
Allen

Nelson
Cooks
Thielen
Watkins
Maclin
Sanu

Right now it is looking pretty rough for me at RB with Montgomery being iffy to play and Thompson having a bye week. Should I be content starting Stewart and Allen? Latavius and LeGarrette are both on waivers, as are Rawls, Richard, Ekeler, Kamara (though he has a bye..), Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. Who should I be targeting and who should I be dropping here?
fishmeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #139
Gustafson26
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WNY
Posts: 466
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

I guess my real question was, do I drop Burkhead for Rawls or McKissic? Rex is the only option I have to drop for a WW pick up
Gustafson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #140
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,643
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhardawyhatesu View Post
Who should I be looking to get in place of Car? Watson/Goff/Simmon/loldalton, does it really matter? just stream probably week to week?
Goff and Watson both good choices
rafiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #141
fishmeout
veteran
 
fishmeout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: chi city
Posts: 3,185
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhardawyhatesu View Post
Who should I be looking to get in place of Car? Watson/Goff/Simmon/loldalton, does it really matter? just stream probably week to week?
I'm definitely going with Watson because he's averaging 50 yards on the ground and has 2 rushing TDs as well. That helps boost his floor and, on top of that, he has more weapons around him than Goff in Hopkins, Ellington, Fuller, and Miller.
fishmeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #142
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,643
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Pretty stuck on this decision with the #1 waiver as first place 4-0 team.

I only own 2 healthy backs as the first place team. Zeke and Gore, lol. Rest of the team is stacked filthy with Brady/Kelce/Nelson/Diggs. I can drop Lee or Paul Richardon or both easily now to stock the RB cupboard.

Murray, Aaron Jones, Gallman and McGuire all there.

My logic is there's a better than 50-50 shot I could get Gallman or McGuire for free. There's also a better than 50-50 shot they work out to be as useful as Murray. The only thing we're sure of with Murray is volume, and I guess as my RB3 for bye's that counts as a lot.

What you do in this spot? One thing swaying me is Murray and the Vikes have a nice soft matchup on the ground the week Zeke is on bye.
rafiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #143
Nwildcat
see red
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,113
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Have similar ponderances as fish and rafiki. My RBs are super rough in 12t standard. Ty, Ameer, Henry, Allen, Perkins, and Gio. Been stocking up hoping a couple would pan out. Rest of my team is fine with Brees(bye) AJG, Jordy, Ty Hill, Rudolph, Seattle, Prater...

Currently 4-0 and all these names mentioned are available. With the 5th waiver, not sure I want to blow it on people this week when others ahead of me may very well use it and there's plenty of season left for someone better (?) to pop up.
Nwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #144
Eurotrash
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eurotrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25,794
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

anybody bullish on Cam'ron Newton after this week? I'd been streaming Wentz most of the season but somebody dropped Newton last week.

I've got #5 waiver priority and thinking of burning it on either him or Watson. Watson has v.KC (eh) and v.CLE (nice) before a week 7 bye and then @SEA, which seems better than Cam in the very short-term, but I feel like Cam's ROS schedule is softer and he might be rounding into form.

(lolQBs of course)
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #145
businessdude
Pooh-Bah
 
businessdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,565
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

I have the #2 pick , could use some RB help (Powell, Ingram, Crowell), but is Camerra or Murray worth it? Non-ppr , so maybe Murray?
businessdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #146
VanceAce
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 225
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
anybody bullish on Cam'ron Newton after this week? I'd been streaming Wentz most of the season but somebody dropped Newton last week.

I've got #5 waiver priority and thinking of burning it on either him or Watson. Watson has v.KC (eh) and v.CLE (nice) before a week 7 bye and then @SEA, which seems better than Cam in the very short-term, but I feel like Cam's ROS schedule is softer and he might be rounding into form.

(lolQBs of course)
I probably wouldn't waste my waiver on either. With Murray, Kamara, Jones, etc. all most likely being gone (assuming an active league) -- you should have top 2 waiver priority after this week.

1 (or both) will probably still be there after waivers clear and then you can add 1 for nothing.
VanceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #147
VanceAce
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 225
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessdude View Post
I have the #2 pick , could use some RB help (Powell, Ingram, Crowell), but is Camerra or Murray worth it? Non-ppr , so maybe Murray?
Murray will probably get 15-20 touches next week. If he keeps sucking, they'll start reducing his role. If he's decent and can keep the job -- you've got a solid starter for the rest of the year.

Worth the risk, imo.
VanceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #148
JonnyA
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,078
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessdude View Post
I have the #2 pick , could use some RB help (Powell, Ingram, Crowell), but is Camerra or Murray worth it? Non-ppr , so maybe Murray?
I feel Murray is definitely worth it. Solid offense and he should get 15-20 touches a game going forward (including goal line). Not sure what better situations there would be going forward - at least in my 12 team league most of the top handcuffs are gone, so I'm not seeing any RB situations where the potential injury replacement is going to be better than Murray.
JonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #149
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,643
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwildcat View Post
Have similar ponderances as fish and rafiki. My RBs are super rough in 12t standard. Ty, Ameer, Henry, Allen, Perkins, and Gio. Been stocking up hoping a couple would pan out. Rest of my team is fine with Brees(bye) AJG, Jordy, Ty Hill, Rudolph, Seattle, Prater...

Currently 4-0 and all these names mentioned are available. With the 5th waiver, not sure I want to blow it on people this week when others ahead of me may very well use it and there's plenty of season left for someone better (?) to pop up.
decided on my dilemma. I'm using the #1 on Latavius. THEN since I've already burned it, I've put in for all the others I like too (and tossing some scraps). I know a lot of the others will be gunshy about using their waivers, so I expect to scoop 2 for the price of one here. Makes the choice a lot easier to stomach.
rafiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #150
Eurotrash
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eurotrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25,794
Re: 2017 NFL Waiver Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceAce View Post
I probably wouldn't waste my waiver on either. With Murray, Kamara, Jones, etc. all most likely being gone (assuming an active league) -- you should have top 2 waiver priority after this week.

1 (or both) will probably still be there after waivers clear and then you can add 1 for nothing.
Thanks. I've got Murray as my top waiver priority but expecting somebody else will scoop him first. Normally I wouldn't sweat this but with Ryan and Brees on bye and Carr hurt I'm expecting the QB wire to be more competitive than usual. Plus, expecting the guy who originally dropped Cam to experience some remorse and try to re-add.

Certainly doesn't help that Cam is @DET this week who has been feasting on turnovers.
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online