Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 01:10 AM   #201
PocketInfinities
old hand
 
PocketInfinities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,510
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALLIGNENT View Post
do you leave it the way it was and just move everyone one spot up?
this
PocketInfinities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:52 AM   #202
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 28,013
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Dynasty Rookies there definitely seems to be a clear top 5:

4net
CMac
Cook
Davis
Mixon

(Listed in alphabetical order of the silly names I'm using)

How do you rank them personally? Not PPR.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:04 AM   #203
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 4,299
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Fournette>Mixon=Cook>McCaffery>>Davis
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:19 AM   #204
SteveSax
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

There is no chance Marvin will use Mixon correctly this season
SteveSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #205
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Fournette>>>>>>McCaffrey>Davis>Mixon>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>Cook
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #206
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 28,013
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

I'm currently at

Fournette

McCaffrey
Mixon
Davis

Cook

But wanted some other opinions, so thanks guys. Have the 4th pick & if both Mixon & Davis are there I think it's going to be a tough pick between the 2.

Why so down on Davis, Wheat?
Why so down on Cook, Wolves?

If it's close enough might just go with bigger need, which I hate doing, but might be right if it's really a coin flip for me.

Traded away Gio/Duke/Cooks in the last week. 8 team, 26 keeper league, start 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 1 flex.

RB
ZEKE (:/)
Howard
Miller
Hyde
Tevin
Ty
Kelley
Yeldon (if I keep him over Agholor)

WR
OBJ
Amari
ARob
SWat (:/)
Tyreek
Diggs
Doctson
Fuller
Agholor (if I keep him over Yeldon)

Sorry for tl;dr. The hypothetical decision is just weighing on me for no good reason.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #207
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3 View Post
I'm currently at

Fournette

McCaffrey
Mixon
Davis

Cook

But wanted some other opinions, so thanks guys. Have the 4th pick & if both Mixon & Davis are there I think it's going to be a tough pick between the 2.

Why so down on Davis, Wheat?
Why so down on Cook, Wolves?

If it's close enough might just go with bigger need, which I hate doing, but might be right if it's really a coin flip for me.

Traded away Gio/Duke/Cooks in the last week. 8 team, 26 keeper league, start 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 1 flex.

RB
ZEKE (:/)
Howard
Miller
Hyde
Tevin
Ty
Kelley
Yeldon (if I keep him over Agholor)

WR
OBJ
Amari
ARob
SWat (:/)
Tyreek
Diggs
Doctson
Fuller
Agholor (if I keep him over Yeldon)

Sorry for tl;dr. The hypothetical decision is just weighing on me for no good reason.
Really like a lot of the WR on that team. I would trade Zeke for Fournette type player if it was my team. Especially like OBJ-Cooper-Tyreek-Diggs-Doctson

Diggs is more a next year thing when the Vikes get a new coaching staff.....

The hate for Cook stems from his all time terrible combine. Maybe his vision and ability to get defenders off balance is world class and he still is successful at the NFL level but he is exactly the type of player i avoid at all cost.

Also Mixon is a big concern off the field. I forgot to weigh that in my rankings......Davis>>>>>Mixon. You'd have to think Mixon was a significantly better prospect than Davis to take him first. Also its not like Cincy was a great place for Mixon to learn how to behave off the field.......

Last edited by waterwolves; 08-12-2017 at 09:58 AM.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #208
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 28,013
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolves View Post
Really like a lot of the WR on that team. I would trade Zeke for Fournette type player if it was my team. Especially like OBJ-Cooper-Tyreek-Diggs-Doctson

Diggs is more a next year thing when the Vikes get a new coaching staff.....

The hate for Cook stems from his all time terrible combine. Maybe his vision and ability to get defenders off balance is world class and he still is successful at the NFL level but he is exactly the type of player i avoid at all cost.

Also Mixon is a big concern off the field. I forgot to weigh that in my rankings......Davis>>>>>Mixon. You'd have to think Mixon was a significantly better prospect than Davis to take him first. Also its not like Cincy was a great place for Mixon to learn how to behave off the field.......
Trading Zeke for Fournette seems like it's exchanging one kind of risk for another, & I think Zeke's worth more to me this season than the team with 1st pick because I'm not missing the playoffs regardless so a fresher Zeke isn't necessarily a problem. So I think I'd be selling low. I like the thought, though.

I think maybe Davis over Mixon might be right here because my depth is comparable at both positions, & RB is much deeper for rookies than WR this year.

Hard to differentiate between the 2 for me. Both could be great or meh.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #209
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3 View Post
Trading Zeke for Fournette seems like it's exchanging one kind of risk for another, & I think Zeke's worth more to me this season than the team with 1st pick because I'm not missing the playoffs regardless so a fresher Zeke isn't necessarily a problem. So I think I'd be selling low. I like the thought, though.

I think maybe Davis over Mixon might be right here because my depth is comparable at both positions, & RB is much deeper for rookies than WR this year.

Hard to differentiate between the 2 for me. Both could be great or meh.
Yeah when I see Zeke play I don't see special. He has found himself in a special situation and Dak is going to always help keep Defenses honest but that OL will only be elite for so long. OL can go from elite to bad quick......I've never been a fan though and now he's getting into trouble off the field......meh maybe you missed the time to sell though.....

Fournette on the other hand is special. All three of these runs are good but the last two are insane. The lateral agility and power on a 235 pound frame is rare.




Those two runs remind me of the senior bowl TD run David Johnson had a little. Same 230+ pound back moving like a 200 pound back.



Fournette doesn't have DJ's hands but his hands aren't as bad as the media wants to make them. However, I see a more powerful runner when I watch Fournette. Special Power/Speed combo that doesn't come along all that often.

I think he's going to be one of the best backs in the league moving forward. Jags are going to ride him and he should push Yeldon off the field on 3rd downs but it is the Jags we're talking about here.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #210
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 4,299
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3 View Post
Why so down on Davis, Wheat?
I don't feel like I'm super down on Davis, I think he was the best WR in the draft this year, but rookie rbs are historically a much better bet than rookie wrs, and it's not like this wr class was anything special. I know 2014 is still pretty fresh in people's minds, but the next 2 years is there any WR other than Michael Thomas who has had a great rookie season? Tons of disappointments there. Being on a run-focused team that has some other good wr options in Decker and Mathews and a solid te in Walker to sucking up the already limited targets isn't doing him any favors imo.

Also, the rbs in your list are all in pretty good situations opportunity-wise, which is a large part of the battle with rbs these days. You don't need to be that good to be valuable at rb. I feel like if anything I generally lean too far to the talent side vs the opportunity/situation side, but Wolves puts me to shame on that front

Also while rbs obv have a much shorter shelf-life than wrs, even in dynasty I'm not trying to plan too far ahead given how much stuff changes year to year in football. Winning now is often undervalued in football dynasty leagues imo.
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #211
movieman2g
Script*****
 
movieman2g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: falling with style
Posts: 15,198
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

the top 5 of rookies is relatively clear cut if youre picking in the top 5, you basically just take whoever is there and who you like, sort of

fournette will go 1 in 90% of drafts.
mcaffery i think is best #2, but if its a PPR league i can see taking davis
at 3, take either davis or mccaffery
at 4, i like mixon, but in PPR i can see the argument for cook
at 5 take mixon or cook, whoever is there

6-12 are much more interesting to debate imo

john ross at 6?
then kamara/hunt/perine in some combo?
somewhere oj howard and/or engram are there, but lol TEs
and at some point someones gonna have to draft m williams
movieman2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #212
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman2g View Post
the top 5 of rookies is relatively clear cut if youre picking in the top 5, you basically just take whoever is there and who you like, sort of

fournette will go 1 in 90% of drafts.
mcaffery i think is best #2, but if its a PPR league i can see taking davis
at 3, take either davis or mccaffery
at 4, i like mixon, but in PPR i can see the argument for cook
at 5 take mixon or cook, whoever is there

6-12 are much more interesting to debate imo

john ross at 6?
then kamara/hunt/perine in some combo?
somewhere oj howard and/or engram are there, but lol TEs
and at some point someones gonna have to draft m williams
Disagree with a lot in that post.....can"t say much more though than i have because our rookie draft isnt completed in the other league......
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #213
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 28,013
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

That league I was talking about is 2 QB/2 TE, so those are a bit inflated.

Where I'm at currently, ignoring that fact & just looking @ RB/WR is...

Perine
Hunt
Ross
Zay
Kamara
Foreman

But subject to further investigation & change.

TE I like Njoku over Engram.

QB I'm looking forward to drafting Mahomes with one of my 3 3rd rounders. Not sure how I feel about them in a vacuum, but pretty sure DWat is going 6th in our draft.

I think next year is going to be a much better QB year. Except Cody Allen.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #214
movieman2g
Script*****
 
movieman2g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: falling with style
Posts: 15,198
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolves View Post
Disagree with a lot in that post.....can"t say much more though than i have because our rookie draft isnt completed in the other league......
well, everyone i mentioned has been drafted in that league.

where would you disagree? that cook isnt clearly in the 4/5 range? not sure how to disagree with the top 4 between fournette/davis/mccaffery/mixon. i like cook in a PPR league because he has far less competition than mixon does.
movieman2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #215
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman2g View Post
well, everyone i mentioned has been drafted in that league.

where would you disagree? that cook isnt clearly in the 4/5 range? not sure how to disagree with the top 4 between fournette/davis/mccaffery/mixon. i like cook in a PPR league because he has far less competition than mixon does.
My other rookie draft is what im talking about. I don't go by consensus though......

Side note watching mixon's runs from last night......meh.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #216
movieman2g
Script*****
 
movieman2g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: falling with style
Posts: 15,198
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

ah fair enough. yeah im curious how the pre-season might shake things. i have the 1st and 5th picks in a rookie draft on 2p2, so i guess i shouldnt post more? oops
movieman2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #217
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,226
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Going back to Davis. There is that other titan wr Taylor that has been lighting up camp. A lot of mouths to feed in an at best balanced offense if not skewed to the run a bit.
Could see Davis turning into a top 12 wr but don't think he's going to be that perennial top 5 ceiling like brown, obj, Evans, Julio...

Really like mariota this year. Seems like 250/2 + some rushing yds is going to be pretty normal day at the office for him.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #218
SteveSax
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

No Tennessee receiver is going to be top 12 (or come close) with the current offense
SteveSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #219
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 south View Post
Going back to Davis. There is that other titan wr Taylor that has been lighting up camp. A lot of mouths to feed in an at best balanced offense if not skewed to the run a bit.
Could see Davis turning into a top 12 wr but don't think he's going to be that perennial top 5 ceiling like brown, obj, Evans, Julio...

Really like mariota this year. Seems like 250/2 + some rushing yds is going to be pretty normal day at the office for him.
Nice post. I agree with most of it except Davis has #1WR in FF upside.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 AM   #220
5 south
veteran
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 2,226
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSax View Post
No Tennessee receiver is going to be top 12 (or come close) with the current offense
I think Davis could eventually but will be TD dependent. He's not going to be a volume monster like some other guys.
Titans seem like they're headed in the right direction to be a solid team for the next few years.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #221
Malice's Attorney
veteran
 
Malice's Attorney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,582
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

In one of my leagues, the waiver order to start the year is the inverse of draft position (so whoever gets 10th pick starts the year #1 on waivers).

With that in mind, is that valuable enough that you'd prefer to draft 10th? And if so, over all draft spots? Just over 3-9 maybe if we value locking down dj/bell more?

We always do a competition to pick the order which let's you pick your draft position, so I'm currently thinking take 1/2 if I can get it, then 10-3.

Thoughts?
Malice's Attorney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #222
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,807
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Fournette didn't have a great stat line but I saw some serious burst for a big man. I see the Jags riding him and honestly he could lead the league in rushing this year. Bortles hurts this team pretty bad but the Jags have a great defense and they would be smart to give Fournette the ball 20+ times and play good D.
waterwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #223
HawkFanIA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
HawkFanIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,115
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

not sure if this is the right place but I'm looking for an FF league with an opening that is doing the standard scoring, Yahoo preferably but I'm open to others. $50 or less

PM me anyone has some info
HawkFanIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #224
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,664
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

Leonard Fournette Has A Foot Injury
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #225
boscoboy
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,186
Re: 2017 Fantasy Football General Thread

In round 10 of a PPR 3WR + 1flex slow draft and I have a dire shortage at WR.

Have AB,Diggs,DParker and nothing else. Anybody want to throw out some names for deep WR sleepers? So far there have been 47 WR taken

FantasyPros lists the next 5 available as Britt/Wallace/RMatthews/MJones/Shepard but they all seem to have limited ceilings
boscoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online