Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports, sponsored by Draftboard.com Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey. Hosted by Draftboard.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #751
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
Am I insane to bench Godley this week? He has two starts, but they're @COL and @HOU. I could use the Ks but am in tight ERA and WHIP races. Very much do not need Ws.
perfectly fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_goat View Post
Playoffs start this week my in YPL . Got the bye . What’s a good way to research pitchers for next week ? Wanna use my adds this week
hard to do with teams still calling people up once AAA playoffs are over, but I would just look at this week's schedule, and try to look at pitchers starting Tuesday/Wednesday (depending on off day and such) to try and plan out 2 start pitchers. 9 YPL's, 7 playoffs (1 i missed on tiebreakers since the other team went 8-0-2 last week, bleh), 6 are on bye's for me, finished 1 league 30.5 games in front of 2nd lol
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #752
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,534
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy View Post
Would be nice if jdm did something for me in this playoff matchup
I think he had 8 HR in 14 days this time last year, it was awesome
TJ Eckleburg12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #753
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,610
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
Am I insane to bench Godley this week? He has two starts, but they're @COL and @HOU. I could use the Ks but am in tight ERA and WHIP races. Very much do not need Ws.
Just drop him and pick up a SP with a good matchup this week or a RP
cs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #754
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,534
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Yeah I thought long and hard and benched Godley also

He's fine when he's good but when he's bad, it's really bad
TJ Eckleburg12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #755
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,337
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

I actually still had him slotted in the DL from his paternity list stint, so I just left him there. Picked up Matz who is pitching well and gets MIA.
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #756
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,783
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Does anyone know how Yahoos position eligibility works? Specifically when Mejia will gain Catcher use? I think just 1 more start?
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #757
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfan View Post
Does anyone know how Yahoos position eligibility works? Specifically when Mejia will gain Catcher use? I think just 1 more start?
"Batters need either 5 Games Started or 10 Games Played at a position to gain eligibility"

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo...ioneligibility

4 more GP or starts (probably before today? don't know how often they update it)
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #758
NDfan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NDfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,783
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

ok thx
NDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #759
drewbacca88
old hand
 
drewbacca88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kashyyyk
Posts: 1,443
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

In a tight race in a roto league at this point I only care about R's. Anyone that would probably be on waivers that you guys would recommend at 1B over Abreu and Cano.
drewbacca88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #760
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,337
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbacca88 View Post
In a tight race in a roto league at this point I only care about R's. Anyone that would probably be on waivers that you guys would recommend at 1B over Abreu and Cano.
My most valuable player over the last week has been Adalberto Mondesi, but YMMV.
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #761
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 41,684
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

mondesi has been a godsend these last 10 days
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #762
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kami's Pocket RIP fraley
Posts: 36,763
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy View Post
mondesi has been a godsend these last 10 days
+1
ShipItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #763
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Trevor Story with possible UCL damage in elbow, just in time for H2H playoffs, ughhhhhhhhhhhh
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #764
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,337
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Betts sitting because the field is wet
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #765
movieman2g
Script*****
 
movieman2g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: falling with style
Posts: 16,023
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

had to trade story in my dynasty league, got a fine return but feel bad about it. love that kid and feel bad for him. cant catch a break, breaking his wrist 2 seasons ago sliding into 2nd base
movieman2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #766
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman2g View Post
had to trade story in my dynasty league, got a fine return but feel bad about it. love that kid and feel bad for him. cant catch a break, breaking his wrist 2 seasons ago sliding into 2nd base
Yeah, no results yet so maybe there's a chance, but he's looked so good. 2 straight power sapping injuries is brutal for someone so young and talented
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #767
D_goat
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 106
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Ugh I’m kicking myself for not picking up Mondesi last week on my off week. Now he’s kicking my ass
D_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #768
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,610
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Latest reports say no stuctural damage in Story's elbow and that has a chance to play again this year. Pretty encouraging for keeper leagues at least
cs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #769
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,610
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Lol some people are just insufferable.

Playing a guy in the finals of a keeper league I commish.
I have/had a bunch hurt players (EE, Story, Paxton, Camargo) who aren't on the DL so had to make some tough add/drop decisions in order to field a full lineup and get in enough starts to compete. Ended up dropping EE for a bat, thinking he'd be out most of this week.

Guy I'm playing flips out today on our group chat when someone in the 3rd place matchup with the most FAAB left places the winning bid on EE because he thinks that the owners in the championship "should be protected". He's pissed that his bid wasn't enough.

What the ****?
If anything he should be ecstatic that EE is no longer in my lineup and he won't have to face hom this week.

I mean, is that "protection" bs a thing? His entire argument is that teams who out of it should be locked and he should've been given first priority because he's in the finals. But the guy who got Encarcion is still playing for 3rd place $$!
And that's not even accounting for the fact that owners may still want to make roster moves to add possible keepers, ESPECIALLY in a league that has designated keeper slots specifically for prospects.

Goddamn did that put me on tilt first thing this morning
cs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #770
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 4,590
2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Not a thing, like you said especially in a keeper league lol. Guy confirmed baby back *****.
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #771
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
Lol some people are just insufferable.

Playing a guy in the finals of a keeper league I commish.
I have/had a bunch hurt players (EE, Story, Paxton, Camargo) who aren't on the DL so had to make some tough add/drop decisions in order to field a full lineup and get in enough starts to compete. Ended up dropping EE for a bat, thinking he'd be out most of this week.

Guy I'm playing flips out today on our group chat when someone in the 3rd place matchup with the most FAAB left places the winning bid on EE because he thinks that the owners in the championship "should be protected". He's pissed that his bid wasn't enough.

What the ****?
If anything he should be ecstatic that EE is no longer in my lineup and he won't have to face hom this week.

I mean, is that "protection" bs a thing? His entire argument is that teams who out of it should be locked and he should've been given first priority because he's in the finals. But the guy who got Encarcion is still playing for 3rd place $$!
And that's not even accounting for the fact that owners may still want to make roster moves to add possible keepers, ESPECIALLY in a league that has designated keeper slots specifically for prospects.

Goddamn did that put me on tilt first thing this morning
He's being petty and mad he didn't get EE, pretty simple.
Teams out of it usually are "locked", but not in Keeper leagues, and especially not in a 3rd place match with $$ on the line, they have just as important of a match as 1st/2nd
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #772
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: One before two
Posts: 11,207
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

is it time to unleash aroldis?
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #773
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,521
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
is it time to unleash aroldis?
He hasn't pitched a game in a month.

“We want to keep him working regularly,” Boone said. “We want to get him back in the mix… and in a regular role sooner than later, but we also want to make sure we are using him in big spots here down the stretch so he is firing on all cylinders as we head into October.’’

also

Manager Aaron Boone said Chapman would slide back into the closer role at some point but he may get a lower-leverage test first. And they will determine how often he will pitch based on how he feels.


I'm waiting and seeing unless you're desperate for saves.
DonkOneMore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #774
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,534
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Lost a close one as the #3 seed vs the #2 seed in the first playoff matchup. Had I matched with either the #1 or the #4 I would have won handily

Now my team is laying waste to the #1 seed in the 3rd place matchup

sigh, H2Hlyfe
TJ Eckleburg12 is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online