Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports, sponsored by Draftboard.com Discussion of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey. Hosted by Draftboard.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #326
GTBMuckface
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GTBMuckface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: One Time Toronto Sports
Posts: 10,650
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

porcello for sure and probably manaea but i dont hate that matchup but if you gotta bench two probably them yep
GTBMuckface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #327
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,545
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwreckshop View Post
Porcello manaea
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBMuckface View Post
porcello for sure and probably manaea but i dont hate that matchup but if you gotta bench two probably them yep
Thanks. I also have Godley and Kluber with two starts each, obviously not benching either of them. I also like that Manaea matchup but Nola is probably a more prudent choice. Cue Manaea no-no.
LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #328
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Porcello is a bench in any format.
I think Manaea and Nola are really close. Dodgers not great vs LHP and Manaea has looked much better than Nola so far.

full disclosure - I've never been a fan of Nola and think he's been super overrated since he came up. he doesn't have nearly as much swing and miss ability as Manaea. Control specialists who are not exhibiting good command aren't generally great fantasy assets.
(I realize Nola's Ks ticked up last season, but his SwStr% is right back where it was in 2016.)
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #329
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Im ready to call GOATani a top 10 SP.
If I knew he had a chance to reach 200 IP I'd say top 5.
His stuff is legitimately among the very best in baseball, and his command today looks great. On days he has his slider going he's going to be completely unhittable

Already 21 TWENTY-ONE swings and misses through 5, in 62 pitches. oh ya, no baserunners allowed yet.
un****ingbelievable
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #330
DonkOneMore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,524
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

sad that I only have him in 5 leagues, he started falling so much in YPL's, and I didnt want to grab him in every league to be safe, but still happy with how he looks so far (still very early, A's aren't a great team and K's a lot)
DonkOneMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #331
GTBMuckface
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GTBMuckface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: One Time Toronto Sports
Posts: 10,650
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
Im ready to call GOATani a top 10 SP.
If I knew he had a chance to reach 200 IP I'd say top 5.
His stuff is legitimately among the very best in baseball, and his command today looks great. On days he has his slider going he's going to be completely unhittable

Already 21 TWENTY-ONE swings and misses through 5, in 62 pitches. oh ya, no baserunners allowed yet.
un****ingbelievable
I have shares of the guy but let's not crown the dude he's pitched to Oakland twice so far and has @KC next.
GTBMuckface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:00 AM   #332
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Normally I'd 100% agree with you, but watching both his starts makes me thinks hes for real. His 98mph is effortless and that split is just nasty.
Nobody gets as many swings and misses as he has, regardless of opponent.
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #333
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,460
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

What SP could Encarnacion fetch?
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #334
Wheatsauce
Pooh-Bah
 
Wheatsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm one of the bad ones, aren't I?
Posts: 4,703
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
In 5x5 roto Id way rather Margot and Hamilton than Belt, just for the SB upside. And that's coming from a guy who 100% disregards steals in every draft.
Plus Margot might actually hit more HR than Belt.
And he probably doesn't work concussion therapy into his daily routine!

Seems like Donaldson can hit just fine. I guess he can DH indefinitely if needed.
Countered with Margot in place of Belt and after stewing for a while he accepted this morning. Thanks again for all of your help and input (and to everyone else who through in their thoughts), much appreciated!
Wheatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #335
Hole Camels
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13
Question Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

6x6 Roto Keeper League (Standard, OBP, QS and HLD, No Wins)

Got offered Gary Sanchez for Strasburg and Kimbrel.

Sanchez can be kept for $2 for the next two years. Stras & Kimbrel aren't keepable at their prices.

I am in full rebuild mode this year, not even trying to compete. I am worried about this deal because I don't trust catchers. And I am not sure I buy the top-40 hype on Sanchez, even with the position bump.

Am I being crazy leaning towards not accepting here? I just think I should be able to get more for Stras and for Kimbrel come June or July when people start getting worried about deficiencies in QS, SV, and ratios.

Any advice is appreciated.
Hole Camels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #336
yankeys316
adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Williamsport, PA
Posts: 1,063
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

I don't necessarily trust catchers either, but I trust pitching arms less. If you're going to trade them eventually anyway, I'd do it now. So, I'd shop them around.

Also, if you're in a hard cap league, having freed up space you can make some deals where you take a prospect with a bad contract from a contender so they can make other deals.
yankeys316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #337
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatsauce View Post
Countered with Margot in place of Belt and after stewing for a while he accepted this morning. Thanks again for all of your help and input (and to everyone else who through in their thoughts), much appreciated!

nice, good deal for you
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #338
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Have a big trade proposed in my 6x6 auction keeper.
We count SLG and OBP instead of AVG.

Prices increase by $5 to keep a player. Ive listed next years prices:

I've been offered his $67 Trout
for my $8 Bellinger and $25 Gallo

For some context, most first rounders go for $50-60 when thrown back into the auction, and 2nd/3rd riunders from $30 to mid 40's. Trout is completely unkeepable for me at that price so hes a 1 year rental.

I would need to pick up and start a waiver wire replacement at either CI or OF if I make the trade.
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #339
yankeys316
adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Williamsport, PA
Posts: 1,063
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

How many teams?
yankeys316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #340
Iwreckshop
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA#1
Posts: 3,095
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hole Camels View Post
6x6 Roto Keeper League (Standard, OBP, QS and HLD, No Wins)

Got offered Gary Sanchez for Strasburg and Kimbrel.

Sanchez can be kept for $2 for the next two years. Stras & Kimbrel aren't keepable at their prices.

I am in full rebuild mode this year, not even trying to compete. I am worried about this deal because I don't trust catchers. And I am not sure I buy the top-40 hype on Sanchez, even with the position bump.

Am I being crazy leaning towards not accepting here? I just think I should be able to get more for Stras and for Kimbrel come June or July when people start getting worried about deficiencies in QS, SV, and ratios.

Any advice is appreciated.
I'd pass
Iwreckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #341
Iwreckshop
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA#1
Posts: 3,095
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
Have a big trade proposed in my 6x6 auction keeper.
We count SLG and OBP instead of AVG.

Prices increase by $5 to keep a player. Ive listed next years prices:

I've been offered his $67 Trout
for my $8 Bellinger and $25 Gallo

For some context, most first rounders go for $50-60 when thrown back into the auction, and 2nd/3rd riunders from $30 to mid 40's. Trout is completely unkeepable for me at that price so hes a 1 year rental.

I would need to pick up and start a waiver wire replacement at either CI or OF if I make the trade.
Don't think I'm ever doing this
Iwreckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #342
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,817
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

I think people have just accepted this level of greatness from Trout and don't really appreciate how truly special his career has been.

It's a deal where you get Mike Trout. If your team is anywhere in the top half of the league now, adding him makes you a favorite.

Banners fly forever, I'm doing it.

Pick up Brian Anderson (3B-Mia) for your CI. He's played every day, has a hit in every game but one, and a run or rbi in every game but 2.

Last edited by TJ Eckleburg12; 04-09-2018 at 09:25 PM.
TJ Eckleburg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #343
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,817
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

I'm of the opinion that any catcher before round 20 is only slightly less spewy than a reliever before round 9

You get maybe 130 games, at the most injured position besides pitchers

I'd pass on Sanchez
TJ Eckleburg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #344
movieman2g
Script*****
 
movieman2g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: falling with style
Posts: 16,200
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

interesting day

the good: kluber
the bad: holland
the ugly: marco gonzalez
movieman2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #345
xnbomb
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,606
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman2g View Post
interesting day

the good: kluber
the bad: holland
the ugly: marco gonzalez
kluber can go take a swim in the lake
xnbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #346
Iwreckshop
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA#1
Posts: 3,095
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Eckleburg12 View Post
I think people have just accepted this level of greatness from Trout and don't really appreciate how truly special his career has been.

It's a deal where you get Mike Trout. If your team is anywhere in the top half of the league now, adding him makes you a favorite.

Banners fly forever, I'm doing it.

Pick up Brian Anderson (3B-Mia) for your CI. He's played every day, has a hit in every game but one, and a run or rbi in every game but 2.
Heís a stud yes, in a normal average league Iím taking it. But in an OPS and OBP league having bellinger and gallo is money. Especially bellinger at $8.
Iwreckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #347
cs3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the shallow end
Posts: 11,789
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeys316 View Post
How many teams?
12 teams. 30 man rosters.


My gut instinct is to decline because even with how awesome Trout is my team probably gets a little worse overall going from Belli/Gallo to Trout/waiver scrub.
I might be higher than anyone on Gallo, but theres no denying hes pretty valuable in the SLG/OBP format.
fwiw the auction calculator forcthis setup has him as a top 30 bat, in a tier with Ozuna, Abreu, and Yelich. Right behind E5 and Bellinger.
And that does not account for keeper value, which obv favors the guys I already have.


Same owner also offered me $29 Machado straight up for Bellinger, which I declined.

Idk though, its pretty damn tempting to get Trout on the same team as Harper, Freeman, and Votto.
cs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #348
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,817
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwreckshop View Post
Heís a stud yes, in a normal average league Iím taking it. But in an OPS and OBP league having bellinger and gallo is money. Especially bellinger at $8.
Trout is basically as good as baseball players get in this format as well
TJ Eckleburg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #349
yankeys316
adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Williamsport, PA
Posts: 1,063
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
12 teams. 30 man rosters.


My gut instinct is to decline because even with how awesome Trout is my team probably gets a little worse overall going from Belli/Gallo to Trout/waiver scrub.
I might be higher than anyone on Gallo, but theres no denying hes pretty valuable in the SLG/OBP format.
fwiw the auction calculator forcthis setup has him as a top 30 bat, in a tier with Ozuna, Abreu, and Yelich. Right behind E5 and Bellinger.
And that does not account for keeper value, which obv favors the guys I already have.


Same owner also offered me $29 Machado straight up for Bellinger, which I declined.

Idk though, its pretty damn tempting to get Trout on the same team as Harper, Freeman, and Votto.
In a 12-team I'm taking it pretty easily. I also really like Gallo, but I'm pretty low on Bellinger. I'd take Trout and Frazier or Zimmer or Calhoun or Jackie Bradley (some guys available in our 12-team league) over Gallo and Bellinger and think I'd come out pretty far ahead.
yankeys316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #350
TJ Eckleburg12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TJ Eckleburg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,817
Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Brag: started Scherzer, Verlander, and Godley today

starting the week off with 3 QS, 23 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.478 WHIP, and 28 K's

AND I probably get all 3 for another start this week

feels good man
TJ Eckleburg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online