Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

RPM Poker Sponsored Support Forum for RPM Poker: Longest-Tenured Merge Brand on 2+2

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #1526
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

winner take all mtts!
Mark275 is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1527
HossDaBoss
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 435
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeffe View Post
Dear RPM,

With regard to the upcoming Maximus series: Please add more PLO8 events. PLO8 should be given at least as much respect as PLO since Hi/Lo is more popular at Merge. Please add at least $22, $109, 6-max at any $ level, and $215! Build it, and we will come!

Also, why are all three PLO8 events on the same day at basically the same time?? You have 6 PLO events over 5 days. We want the same for PLO8.

Thanks!

Sheryl
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLavocat79 View Post
Omaha HL Turbo SNG's
+1

& super turbo plo and plo8s, 6 max and heads up

The only heads up o8 is an extremely slow structure.
HossDaBoss is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #1528
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,533
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

The 45man sng lobbies (at least the $5s) have no average stack slot.. but instead have spots for addon payments and rebuy payments.

Also.. should just change the info tab up just a bit in mtts/sngs. Instead of:

Your position: 1
Players left: 23/45
watching: 0 (lobby)(help)

Have something like:

Your position: 1/(number of players remaining)
Average Stack:
Watching: x (lobby)(help)
Ice_W0lf is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #1529
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Sigh... good 4 color deck? It can't be that hard.
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #1530
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy2DaBeroy View Post
Sigh... good 4 color deck? It can't be that hard.
whats wrong with this 4 color deck, lol i like it
Mark275 is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #1531
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
whats wrong with this 4 color deck, lol i like it
It sucks compared to solid card 4-color decks. Colored space > whitespace.
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #1532
SirFelixCat
Pooh-Bah
 
SirFelixCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston area
Posts: 5,220
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy2DaBeroy View Post
It sucks compared to solid card 4-color decks. Colored space > whitespace.
+1 PLEASE!
SirFelixCat is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #1533
tr8cer
grinder
 
tr8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: formerly Men"the master" fan
Posts: 675
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

I would like to see a $5 regular deepstack tourney with 15 minute levels added around 9-11 pm. Also I really enjoy the 12pm $11 4k starting stack, please add one in the evening.
tr8cer is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #1534
tr8cer
grinder
 
tr8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: formerly Men"the master" fan
Posts: 675
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

was screwed by the rebuy fup on the last hand before the break
tr8cer is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #1535
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Who else would love to see the nightly $22 owl have a higher starting stack? 2k isnt enough, bump it to 3k, 4k would be perfect though.
Mark275 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #1536
ScratchAce07
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 55
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

I would really like it if more SnG type satellites for some of the bigger tournies were added (Midweek Monster/$125k/Hi-Roller). There are some sporadic ones here and there but they're all pretty much ST's. Add some that are just Turbo or even regular and they would attract more attention and be played more.
ScratchAce07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #1537
tr8cer
grinder
 
tr8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: formerly Men"the master" fan
Posts: 675
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
Who else would love to see the nightly $22 owl have a higher starting stack? 2k isnt enough, bump it to 3k, 4k would be perfect though.

That's a great idea, make it 3k or better yet 4k like the 12:00pm $11 4k tourney.
tr8cer is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1538
ScratchAce07
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 55
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Could you add a $109 FO tourny? As far as I know the only $109's that run throughout a week are the $125k on Sundays, a daily $109 1r1a at 18:00 and I think maybe a $109 FO on Sundays. There should be a FO that runs at least 2-3 days during the week.
ScratchAce07 is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #1539
Jomaha8
adept
 
Jomaha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madden PS4 PM ME
Posts: 1,073
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchAce07 View Post
Could you add a $109 FO tourny? As far as I know the only $109's that run throughout a week are the $125k on Sundays, a daily $109 1r1a at 18:00 and I think maybe a $109 FO on Sundays. There should be a FO that runs at least 2-3 days during the week.
+1

AUTO REBUY/ADD ON!

Would love some more Pot Limit Omaha tournaments. The only one I currently play is the 10r 1.2k guaranteed. Would like two more with guaranteed prize pools of 1k or more. I suggest adding a 5r and a $22 freezeout.

The Sunday 125k gtd starting stack should be increased to 7.5k or 10k.

The Night Owl starting stack should be 3k minimum or you should just make it a turbo.
Jomaha8 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #1540
squeebo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 219
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Would you please fix the player notes box mouseover display? You can't enter more than a few lines of comments, because it adds 4 line breaks in between each line and some random line breaks in the middle of lines as well.

Has a single one of the suggestions over the last 100 pages been implemented? Please be honest here about whether Merge is really working on anything, or if this is just a thread for players to spout off and feel like they're being heard.
squeebo is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #1541
tr8cer
grinder
 
tr8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: formerly Men"the master" fan
Posts: 675
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

This isn't going to be popular with some: RPM/Merge needs to enforce chat bans. I do not care if someone tells me to go fµck myself etc... What I do care about is when guys repeatedly berate fish/recreational/new depositors. The type of chat that occurs all day long. I don't really care if it is a slight comment but when someone goes on and on in a hate speech/racist/ threatening manner something needs to be done about it. The only reason I bring this up is that it chases away fresh money to the site. If someone goes on and on also quoting someone's bad stats from ptr or opr it can really lead a new depositor to really reconsider making new deposits. These idiots are bad for the the long-term sustainabilty of the game.

I have a few recommendations on how to deal with this that doesn't require a chat ban button on every table and endless emails/live chat time. I will put them together and post and/or pm them to you later.
tr8cer is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #1542
TeflonDawg
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Posts: 5,667
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

^^^ +1
TeflonDawg is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #1543
D moose
grinder
 
D moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 536
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy2DaBeroy View Post
It sucks compared to solid card 4-color decks. Colored space > whitespace.
+1

Allowing us to alter card faces with 3rd party addons would also be acceptable.
D moose is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #1544
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr8cer View Post
This isn't going to be popular with some: RPM/Merge needs to enforce chat bans. I do not care if someone tells me to go fµck myself etc... What I do care about is when guys repeatedly berate fish/recreational/new depositors. The type of chat that occurs all day long. I don't really care if it is a slight comment but when someone goes on and on in a hate speech/racist/ threatening manner something needs to be done about it. The only reason I bring this up is that it chases away fresh money to the site. If someone goes on and on also quoting someone's bad stats from ptr or opr it can really lead a new depositor to really reconsider making new deposits. These idiots are bad for the the long-term sustainabilty of the game.

I have a few recommendations on how to deal with this that doesn't require a chat ban button on every table and endless emails/live chat time. I will put them together and post and/or pm them to you later.
lol i so against this- we are playing poker, an adult game.. there will be harsh words and actions said. You dont go to a bar and complain you dont like the drinking and smoke around ya, do ya?

Fish dont leave because of bad chat, lol if someone played 20k games, and you say"god you are a fn moron" you think they are really gonna packup and say to theselves"oh i shouldnt play this guy thinks im bad"

also most fish dont even know its possible to lookup stats, and also every time fish get insulted they ust think its the person being a poor sport. losing chat for losing your temper online???????????? THAT would be ridiculous, if someone beats you in a big pot you should be able to speak your mind to that person.

If those people are SO offended of someone online insulting them they can turn the chat off

personally i useda berate alot but i dont anymore because their responses are just so out of whack it tilts me even more,just last night i had a guy call an allin with K3 off, no odds just the worst player imagineable, when i started to question him i thought:this isnt gonna get my chips back so why do it? ALso his response will just get me in a bad mood and anyway i did ask him anyway what he was thinkingwas and he said"AK never wins it sucks and thats what i put you on" funny thing was he was serious
Mark275 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #1545
tr8cer
grinder
 
tr8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: formerly Men"the master" fan
Posts: 675
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
lol i so against this- we are playing poker, an adult game.. there will be harsh words and actions said. You dont go to a bar and complain you dont like the drinking and smoke around ya, do ya?

Fish dont leave because of bad chat, lol if someone played 20k games, and you say"god you are a fn moron" you think they are really gonna packup and say to theselves"oh i shouldnt play this guy thinks im bad"

also most fish dont even know its possible to lookup stats, and also every time fish get insulted they ust think its the person being a poor sport. losing chat for losing your temper online???????????? THAT would be ridiculous, if someone beats you in a big pot you should be able to speak your mind to that person.

If those people are SO offended of someone online insulting them they can turn the chat off

personally i useda berate alot but i dont anymore because their responses are just so out of whack it tilts me even more,just last night i had a guy call an allin with K3 off, no odds just the worst player imagineable, when i started to question him i thought:this isnt gonna get my chips back so why do it? ALso his response will just get me in a bad mood and anyway i did ask him anyway what he was thinkingwas and he said"AK never wins it sucks and thats what i put you on" funny thing was he was serious
Where did you get me saying a reg player with 20k hands. I said, "fish/recreational/new depositors." A reg like you and I should be able to deal with this. New players who bring in new money to the site may not be able to, thus not redepositing. Regs generally do not bring in new money to the site as they do not need to deposit multiple times, if they are a winning player/breakeven, even slight losing if they have rakeback.

Fresh money is the major source of revenue for regs. The viewpoint that f()ck them if they cannot handle it, don't play if you cannot handle it, is moronic.
tr8cer is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #1546
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Questioning a bad player and how the **** can he play so bad is just really dumb.
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #1547
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

nice explanation leroy
Mark275 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #1548
TeflonDawg
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Posts: 5,667
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
lol i so against this- we are playing poker, an adult game.. there will be harsh words and actions said. You dont go to a bar and complain you dont like the drinking and smoke around ya, do ya?
It's one thing to use curse words in normal adult conversation.

It's another to repeatedly call someone a ******, ******, ****, ****, wish cancer/death by grease fire/castration, etc.

Just because you're 21+ doesn't give you the right to verbally abuse another player. If nothing else, it creates an unpleasant environment for all who are playing, and no, the mute button is absolutely not a remedy for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
Fish dont leave because of bad chat, lol if someone played 20k games, and you say"god you are a fn moron" you think they are really gonna packup and say to theselves"oh i shouldnt play this guy thinks im bad"
That's not the point. First off, verbal abuse is unacceptable on principle alone. But the real issue is it serves zero purpose other than to make the game unpleasant to play. The second someone opens their mouth to anger someone who just wants to play cards/gamble/be left alone is the second they become less likely to rebuy and/or deposit again when the money runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
also most fish dont even know its possible to lookup stats, and also every time fish get insulted they ust think its the person being a poor sport. losing chat for losing your temper online???????????? THAT would be ridiculous, if someone beats you in a big pot you should be able to speak your mind to that person.
Ignorance is not an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
If those people are SO offended of someone online insulting them they can turn the chat off
Absolutely not. Vulgar languange and whatnot is cool with me, and I'll mute you if I find you annoying, but verbal abuse and racial epithets are unacceptable, period.

I can tell you right now if I didn't make money playing online poker, I would've left the tables and never came back after the first session, because there are some real cowards/*******s out there. Some of the things that have been said I've seen end in death. I hope for those ignorant people they don't have the gall to say the same things to another's face, because I've seen people killed over less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
personally i useda berate alot but i dont anymore because their responses are just so out of whack it tilts me even more,just last night i had a guy call an allin with K3 off, no odds just the worst player imagineable, when i started to question him i thought:this isnt gonna get my chips back so why do it? ALso his response will just get me in a bad mood and anyway i did ask him anyway what he was thinkingwas and he said"AK never wins it sucks and thats what i put you on" funny thing was he was serious
If a player is making the incorrect decision, then you want him to do so. If he is making the correct decision, then you have no right to complain.

What gives any person the right to spew hatred on someone else doing nothing but playing a game of poker, and 100% by the rules?

Don't get me wrong, I get pissed and tilty too, but I'd never abuse another player for bad play. Scream at the screen, bang something that makes a loud noise, go to the gym, just don't do something to another player that is completely unwarranted.

If someone talks ****, I'll give it right back, but there is no reason to gloat unprovoked...It serves no purpose to educate a fish no matter how dumb he is, because some fish are actually intelligent enough to realize who knows what they're doing and who doesn't. They will soon learn how to correctly play, and no longer will you post a win rate against them.

Besides, if a player is making lol******ed decisions, then it's obvious he's either never played before and has no clue or he simply doesn't care. Either way, you're supposed to smile and nod not question it as though it's some travesty that you ran bad on a 66/33 favorite AIPF.

But I digress...I'm glad you understand there's no point to questioning why an ignorant person does ignorant things. I think it's a shame that too many people still don't, and choose to make others miserable when they themselves are miserable too. Then again, that might be a reason why poker will always be a profitable game to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy2DaBeroy View Post
Questioning a bad player and how the **** can he play so bad is just really dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark275 View Post
nice explanation leroy
I sense you only said it because you're just being contentious, but only a level one thinker would need an explanation for L2DB's post.
TeflonDawg is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #1549
boldnbet
journeyman
 
boldnbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 336
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Please add $30-$40 Double Up tables. There is nothing in between $20 and $54.
boldnbet is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #1550
Mark275
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 4,434
Re: RPM Poker Suggestion Box / Improvement Thread

Leroy-Teflon, lemme say that I do not talk to people vulgarily and say things like"F you suck my ....." and those sorts of things, I agree those types of insults/sayings towards someone is disruptive and just not needed.

Calling someone a clown or fish, or stating they are a losing player should be all fair game imo. ESPECIALLY if a bad player ever rubs it in that you lost or says a stupid comment, they deserve to be told off, altho i agree it doesnt get chips back so whats the point to tell people off?It wil just get you madder at their stupid statement back.

I just dont believe people really decide to not deposit no more because of a punk online. i bet its a small %, but to take someones chat forever would just be crazy i think. stars did it ok with the warnings, because its ok to lose your cool once in a awhile.
Mark275 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive