Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook everybody draw mohammed day on facebook

05-19-2010 , 06:29 PM
i do believe this is the most important thing to happen on facebook, finally tens of thousands of people are making a stand and saying they will not be intimidated by death threats.

if you care about freedom of speech and expression then i hope you join this group, it's not only morally right, it's also very very funny.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eve...21369914543425
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 06:34 PM
Photos !

Still can't believe what happened to the Danish Cartoonist, and Pakistan has blocked facebook completely WTF!!

Everyone get out of facebook now as the Muslims are probably going to blow it up...

everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:06 PM
Making fun of people's religion is so cool nowadays.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
Making fun of people's religion is so cool nowadays.
Are you defending the death threats for drawing cartoons?
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
Making fun of people's religion is so cool nowadays.
No. That's not what's this about, or rather, its about the right to make fun of people's religion without being threatened with violence. The reaction to the Danish cartoon's was massive and ugly. You can't just say it was the extremists.

Jews don't allow idols yet you don't see them rioting in the street by images of Yaweh. Muslim's can decide not to portray images of Mohamed, that is their right. They may even express distaste when people who don't share their faith do so. They might ask them to stop. But this is a legitimate process to an unacceptable reaction to free speech. Hopefully it will serve to dilute such reactions.

Or start WWIII.

Six of one...
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
Making fun of people's religion is so cool nowadays.
This might be what it is about for many people, but for many others not. This is about freedom of speech and not letting a religion make political decisions about how people should live their lives.

People should not be worried about a religious groups retaliation to their person just for drawing a simple cartoon, even if some our extreme and only made to provoke.

Generally each to their own as long as it doesn't mean violence to others especially not for drawing a cartoon.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:35 PM
[x] Looking to get murked by Islamic Cyber Nerds
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:36 PM
I will die a Facebook Martyr !!!
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 07:52 PM
unnecessary

'we won't be provoked, we'll provoke ourselves'

Ego dominated hypocrites, no better than them
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 08:31 PM
I don't have a facebook account (and don't want one), but I support this. You're not doing any violence to Muslims by drawing pictures of Mohammed, and those who threaten violence over such things deserve to be mocked, at the least.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
Making fun of people that threaten to kill you for your views on religion is so cool nowadays.
fyp
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin A
Are you defending the death threats for drawing cartoons?
Yes he is.
This is a version of the type of danger that moderates ( not that most RGThiests are moderates) pose to civilization, they are enablers, the support group.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 11:26 PM
Let me get what you are trying to say here.

I am a Catholic. Joe Schmoe made fun of the Eucharist and a handfull of extremist Catholics threatened to kill Joe. Clearly these Catholics are not good Catholics since killing someone for making fun of something is wrong.

So you respond by participating in a nationwide response making fun of the Eucharist, insulting millions of other peaceful Catholics, We're not kids here, we can deal with this problem in other ways (tracking down those who made the threats, etc)
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizeagainst
fyp
You're not making fun of just those few people, you want to insult the entire Islam faith, hundreds of millions of people Muslim people. Go after the few who made the death threats, don't insult their neighbors.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-19-2010 , 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
Let me get what you are trying to say here.

I am a Catholic. Joe Schmoe made fun of the Eucharist and a handfull of extremist Catholics threatened to kill Joe. Clearly these Catholics are not good Catholics since killing someone for making fun of something is wrong.

So you respond by participating in a nationwide response making fun of the Eucharist, insulting millions of other peaceful Catholics, We're not kids here, we can deal with this problem in other ways (tracking down those who made the threats, etc)
Ok what do you suggest we do then?

Do you want us to go into other countries and extradite these people? Shall we bomb pakistan? Saudi Arabia?

Why should someones faith be free from ridicule?
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
Ok what do you suggest we do then?

Do you want us to go into other countries and extradite these people? Shall we bomb pakistan? Saudi Arabia?

Why should someones faith be free from ridicule?
I agree that we need humor etc, but to do this with the intention of insulting those people is uncharitable and immoral imo.

I do not know what to do myself, probably nothing. I'm certain it's better than insulting random people.

Although, perhaps if enough people do it a lot of extremists will kill them (facebook, address, pics, bad idea) and enough people will die that the Muslim extremists will be exposed or hunted with more fervor, allowing us to capture them? Is this the purpose or what?
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok
You're not making fun of just those few people, you want to insult the entire Islam faith
"You"?

If people wanted to insult all of Islam they didn't need to wait for Muslims to chase cartoonists around the globe to do it, bro.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:13 AM
Suppose wearing white socks to a Raiders game was offensive to Raider fans. Suppose a couple Raider fans got so irate that they killed a guy for wearing white socks. Would you, Jerok, oppose a thousand people deliberately choosing to wear white socks to a Raider game to prove a point, even though it would insult all the non-violent Raider fans?
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:15 AM
Quote:
I agree that we need humor etc, but to do this with the intention of insulting those people is uncharitable and immoral imo.
The intention is not to insult, but to show the thugs that freedom of speech will not be shut down because some guys decide to threaten and kill people.

Quote:
I do not know what to do myself, probably nothing. I'm certain it's better than insulting random people.
Let them win? Hey why aren't you praying towards mecca, I'm insulted.


Quote:
I disagree completely. I find Protestant churches have many wrong ideads of what Jesus said, some are pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, don't care about sex before marriage or contraception, Sin all you want, but believer greater, OSAS... I find all the stances the Catholic Churcn has on these fitting in very will with that Jesus taught and with the rest of the OT.
Yea, you see that quote? Its from your post on the catholic church. It insults me. STOP IT.

Quote:
Although, perhaps if enough people do it a lot of extremists will kill them (facebook, address, pics, bad idea) and enough people will die that the Muslim extremists will be exposed or hunted with more fervor, allowing us to capture them? Is this the purpose or what?
It is to show threats of violence won't work.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:17 AM
I actually think Jerok has a point. It doesn't seem right to go out of your way to insult someone's faith either. The overwhelming majority of Muslims did not make physical threats. So why do they deserve to be blatantly insulted yet again?

Lastly, isn't this very old news? Did I miss something? Why is this uprising for free speech just coming about now?
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat
I actually think Jerok has a point. It doesn't seem right to go out of your way to insult someone's faith either. The overwhelming majority of Muslims did not make physical threats. So why do they deserve to be blatantly insulted yet again?

Lastly, isn't this very old news? Did I miss something? Why is this uprising for free speech just coming about now?
South Park Cartoon showed muhammed in a bear costume and they were threatened.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
The intention is not to insult, but to show the thugs that freedom of speech will not be shut down because some guys decide to threaten and kill people.
This won't stop the extremists at all but it will egg them on inviting more deaths.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
Let them win? Hey why aren't you praying towards mecca, I'm insulted.
If I don't post pictures of Muhammad then they win? That sucks. Anyway, I wouldn't want them posting pictures of dead Americans or something on their facebook, so I'll show them some courtesy by not posting what they find offensive - it doesn't affect me in any way, anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
Yea, you see that quote? Its from your post on the catholic church. It insults me. STOP IT.
I see nothing insulting in my post, just disagreement... otherwise there would be no debate? You're reaching.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
It is to show threats of violence won't work.
Maybe. Or it's to spread a little more intolerance and rile the extremist up even more.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelchyBeau
South Park Cartoon showed muhammed in a bear costume and they were threatened.
Thanks. I think I heard about that. And didn't Comedy Central refuse to show it for the 2nd airing? Why aren't people protesting Comedy Central?

I'm still not sure of what the idea is. To saturate with bigger insults to the point where they won't find a less insulting drawing offensive anymore? Or is to say, "Hey, see we outnumber you so we can do what we want!" (which is almost as intolerant as what they're protesting).

Again, I think the worst culprit in all of this is Comedy Central. Same goes for all the stations and newspapers too scared to print the Danish cartoons at the time this controversy first appeared. If the biggest media outlets who make their living off of free speech aren't willing to stick up for the 1st amendment, it is THEY who we should be boycotting and insulting. Not the entire Islamic faith, most of whom had nothing to do with this. Just my opinion.
everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat
Thanks. I think I heard about that. And didn't Comedy Central refuse to show it for the 2nd airing? Why aren't people protesting Comedy Central?

I'm still not sure of what the idea is. To saturate with bigger insults to the point where they won't find a less insulting drawing offensive anymore? Or is to say, "Hey, see we outnumber you so we can do what we want!" (which is almost as intolerant as what they're protesting).

Again, I think the worst culprit in all of this is Comedy Central. Same goes for all the stations and newspapers too scared to print the Danish cartoons at the time this controversy first appeared. If the biggest media outlets who make their living off of free speech aren't willing to stick up for the 1st amendment, it is THEY who we should be boycotting and insulting. Not the entire Islamic faith, most of whom had nothing to do with this. Just my opinion.
I agree with protesting Comedy Central and other stations for being afraid. Interesting to note that some imams actually made up some of the cartoons depicting muhammed and then claiming the cartoonists made them.

The original protest was to show images that weren't necessarily insulting to muhammed, such as a guy in a turban and the name muhammed written above it.

They also take offense to this picture

everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote
05-20-2010 , 12:54 AM
Or this one:

everybody draw mohammed day on facebook Quote

      
m