Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Do you believe in God? Do you believe in God?

11-16-2021 , 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
I answered #1 several times. I do indeed greatly value open-minded discussion on the subject, but true enough, ignorant stubborn indoctrination apologetics triggers me ... or did. I could have been in that exact position once, miming it, saying whatever is needed to defend instead of what is reasonable.

So in such serious discussions if one posits the quantum field as god (it houses all knowledge/is omniscient, it is everywhere/omnipresent, creates all things by amplifying them into 'existence'), then it is entertained by a mind on the other side. Instead with apologetics, you get things like, "No. Even if that is right, it is Jesus that created the quantum field." And of course we see a lot of evidence of that kind of scientific knowledge in the Bible. Not. So the apologist/mimer sticks to his guns: "I have faith that it's the blood sacrificing, mass killer, bigoted anthropomorphic immortal they told me about in Sunday School that created the quantum field. Haven't you read Genesis?"
I would encourage you to look up The Straw Man Fallacy. If I ever write a book on Informal Logic, do I have your permission to quote the bolded above a real-life example of that fallacy being committed. I promise to give you "credit" for having actually written it.

Quote:
And so, they make themselves a laughable disgrace to the forum of ideas.
Too bad "they" can't make sensible, level-headed posts like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
Go in peace and F off with the apologetic strategies.
Here is an earlier gem from the "smart guy" in the room:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
STFU. You are an insult to discussion.
In my opinion, you are not mature enough yet to engage adults in an appropriate manner. Maybe your Homeroom teacher can give you some good advice.

Last edited by lagtight; 11-16-2021 at 02:48 AM.
11-16-2021 , 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Do you believe in God?
I would encourage you to look up The Straw Man Fallacy. If I ever write a book on Informal Logic, do I have your permission to quote the bolded above a real-life example of that fallacy being committed. I promise to give you "credit" for having actually written it.



Too bad "they" can't make sensible, level-headed posts like this one:



Here is an earlier gem from the "smart guy" in the room:



In my opinion, you are not mature enough yet to engage adults in an appropriate manner. Maybe your Homeroom teacher can give you some good advice.
I tried to give you a graceful out, but you are so unlike the Jesus character, so forgetful that you are even supposed to try to be like that example in your discussions, that all you are is a tit-for-tat, one upmanship trying but failing, apologist mime. You really don't remind me of the Jesus example at all, but you do remind me, imagine that, of a locked-in apologist who refuses to actually consider ideas that conflict with their worldview, and will say virtually anything to divert from this fact. Jesus isn't about tit-for-tat ego squabbles, but you are. So go ahead and keep proving it. I say it's virtually impossible for you to stand down instead of flame vainly and dishonestly. And it's just so disappointing when such great ideas are in the balance. As I've said before, I came to the wrong place for any objective analysis of ideas re religion. I might as well have gone to North Korea and asked someone on live state television what they thought of the Dear Leader. My mistake.
11-16-2021 , 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
I tried to give you a graceful out, but you are so unlike the Jesus character, so forgetful that you are even supposed to try to be like that example in your discussions, that all you are is a tit-for-tat, one upmanship trying but failing, apologist mime. You really don't remind me of the Jesus example at all, but you do remind me, imagine that, of a locked-in apologist who refuses to actually consider ideas that conflict with their worldview, and will say virtually anything to divert from this fact. Jesus isn't about tit-for-tat ego squabbles, but you are. So go ahead and keep proving it. I say it's virtually impossible for you to stand down instead of flame vainly and dishonestly. And it's just so disappointing when such great ideas are in the balance. As I've said before, I came to the wrong place for any objective analysis of ideas re religion. I might as well have gone to North Korea and asked someone on live state television what they thought of the Dear Leader. My mistake.
LOOK WHO IS BACK IN RANT MODE AGAIN!!!

WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?

I would encourage you to take up a hobby like knitting; publicly engaging people in a civil and intelligent manner is a bit beyond your current skills set, in my opinion.
11-25-2021 , 02:15 AM
"Knock, Knock."

"Who's there?"

"Bearers of the good news. Can we come in?"

"Well, who doesn't like good news. Yeah, come on in (opening door)."

"We're bigots of the type circa 2000 years ago. We call it being a true believer in one of the thousands of god tales. We sacrifice all morality and moral agency to that tale and system of belief. Mass killing of women and children? Righteous, just and loving ... just like the story of the pre-medievals says. Forgiveness? That needs blood and guts and murder too. That way it's loving, you understand. Can we tell you about Jesus and perfect love?"

"It sounds to me like you gents are exactly what civilization is up against. There is a prison down the road with some mass killers in it. Of course you realize they are known for loving religion, real zealous like."

"Huh? We're here to save you."

"Get your stupid, indoctrinated, blind, lost, immoral, zealot, self-deceiving, apologizing-for-atrocity a$$ off my property. First you need to hear that mass killing, rape, slavery, blood sacrifice, bigotry, judgment itself, is anything but loving, is wrong everywhere it appears, not except for in your pet religion. No, the sanction of pre-medieval bigots and brutes, whose religion oddly reflects their own twisted values, does not make it holy. Go forth and think about the nature of the religion, its origins, and that it might be that morality consists of thinking for yourself instead of blind obedience, and helping to promote a world that doesn't have any of those things in it."

Spoiler:
"Look at that rant. He's undressing the religion. Not nice. I like my illusions. I have nothing to actually support the appalling nature of my religion. I'll try an ad hominem. Help me, Jesus."
11-25-2021 , 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
"Knock, Knock."

"Who's there?"

"Bearers of the good news. Can we come in?"

"Well, who doesn't like good news. Yeah, come on in (opening door)."
You already messed up! This line was supposed to be: "Bearers of good news, who?" I thought even you were at least smart enough to set up a simple knock-knock joke properly. Looks like I overestimated your skill set yet again.

Anyway, back to your joke:

Quote:
"We're bigots of the type circa 2000 years ago. We call it being a true believer in one of the thousands of god tales. We sacrifice all morality and moral agency to that tale and system of belief. Mass killing of women and children? Righteous, just and loving ... just like the story of the pre-medievals says. Forgiveness? That needs blood and guts and murder too. That way it's loving, you understand. Can we tell you about Jesus and perfect love?"
I have no idea what religion you are describing here, but it sure ain't Christianity. It looks like a bad parody of Christianity that you made up in your head. It's bad parody, because it isn't a close-enough description of real Christianity to be good parody. You're actually parodying yourself: someone with such utter hatred of Christianity that he can't think straight. Nice self-own, Skippy!

Anyway, back to your joke:

Quote:
"It sounds to me like you gents are exactly what civilization is up against. There is a prison down the road with some mass killers in it. Of course you realize they are known for loving religion, real zealous like."

"Huh? We're here to save you."

"Get your stupid, indoctrinated, blind, lost, immoral, zealot, self-deceiving, apologizing-for-atrocity a$$ off my property. First you need to hear that mass killing, rape, slavery, blood sacrifice, bigotry, judgment itself, is anything but loving, is wrong everywhere it appears, not except for in your pet religion. No, the sanction of pre-medieval bigots and brutes, whose religion oddly reflects their own twisted values, does not make it holy. Go forth and think about the nature of the religion, its origins, and that it might be that morality consists of thinking for yourself instead of blind obedience, and helping to promote a world that doesn't have any of those things in it."
More self-parody; someone so enthralled with their warped idea of what true Christianity is, that they make no sense, but just spew more-or-less random invective. Nice self-own again, Sport!

Quote:
Spoiler:
"Look at that rant. He's undressing the religion. Not nice. I like my illusions. I have nothing to actually support the appalling nature of my religion. I'll try an ad hominem. Help me, Jesus."
I am impressed that you regained what's left of your wits to figure out how to use the Spoiler feature. At least you did one thing right! Kudos, sir!
11-25-2021 , 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
"Knock, Knock."

"Who's there?"

"Bearers of the good news. Can we come in?"

"Well, who doesn't like good news. Yeah, come on in (opening door)."

"We're bigots of the type circa 2000 years ago. We call it being a true believer in one of the thousands of god tales. We sacrifice all morality and moral agency to that tale and system of belief. Mass killing of women and children? Righteous, just and loving ... just like the story of the pre-medievals says. Forgiveness? That needs blood and guts and murder too. That way it's loving, you understand. Can we tell you about Jesus and perfect love?"

"It sounds to me like you gents are exactly what civilization is up against. There is a prison down the road with some mass killers in it. Of course you realize they are known for loving religion, real zealous like."

"Huh? We're here to save you."

"Get your stupid, indoctrinated, blind, lost, immoral, zealot, self-deceiving, apologizing-for-atrocity a$$ off my property. First you need to hear that mass killing, rape, slavery, blood sacrifice, bigotry, judgment itself, is anything but loving, is wrong everywhere it appears, not except for in your pet religion. No, the sanction of pre-medieval bigots and brutes, whose religion oddly reflects their own twisted values, does not make it holy. Go forth and think about the nature of the religion, its origins, and that it might be that morality consists of thinking for yourself instead of blind obedience, and helping to promote a world that doesn't have any of those things in it."

Spoiler:
"Look at that rant. He's undressing the religion. Not nice. I like my illusions. I have nothing to actually support the appalling nature of my religion. I'll try an ad hominem. Help me, Jesus."
You double-posted the above: it is also posted in the Aaron Rodgers is a Moron Thread in the Sporting Events Forum.

While you're at it, how about posting it also in the Health&Fitness Forum?
11-25-2021 , 08:51 PM
I think we should make a poll .
Which of those 2 have more credibility , (A) fiat money or (B)god ?
Or (C) both are scam ?
11-25-2021 , 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Do you believe in God?
You already messed up! This line was supposed to be: "Bearers of good news, who?" I thought even you were at least smart enough to set up a simple knock-knock joke properly. Looks like I overestimated your skill set yet again.

Anyway, back to your joke:

I have no idea what religion you are describing here, but it sure ain't Christianity. It looks like a bad parody of Christianity that you made up in your head. It's bad parody, because it isn't a close-enough description of real Christianity to be good parody. You're actually parodying yourself: someone with such utter hatred of Christianity that he can't think straight. Nice self-own, Skippy!

Anyway, back to your joke:

More self-parody; someone so enthralled with their warped idea of what true Christianity is, that they make no sense, but just spew more-or-less random invective. Nice self-own again, Sport!

I am impressed that you regained what's left of your wits to figure out how to use the Spoiler feature. At least you did one thing right! Kudos, sir!
You are more concerned with the form of a knock knock joke than with the mass killing of women and children. And that's why apologetics is evil. You understand? Yes, everyone understands that. Some have to defend the position that they don't.
11-26-2021 , 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealcorp Do you believe in God?
I think we should make a poll .
Which of those 2 have more credibility , (A) fiat money or (B)god ?
Or (C) both are scam ?
I don't think that we need to make a poll; you can do it all by yourself. Not really something that requires group effort.

Set it up, and I'll vote.
11-26-2021 , 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
You are more concerned with the form of a knock knock joke than with the mass killing of women and children. And that's why apologetics is evil.
Let's put the above argument in standard-form:


Premise: Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children.

Conclusion: Apologetics is evil.


Several problems here:

First, the argument is clearly logically invalid.

(If you don't know what "logically invalid" means, I will gladly provide a link for you upon request.)

In order to make the argument logically valid (if you don't know what "logically valid" means I will gladly provide a link for you upon request), we can supplement your argument with the following premise :

If Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children, then apologetics is evil.

We now have a valid argument:


Premise #1: Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children.

Premise #2: If Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children, then apologetics is evil.

Conclusion: Apologetics is evil.


Glad I could help you out (you sure need it).


Second, the first premise is false. While I do in fact consider the correct form a knock-knock joke to be a very important thing, I would, as a rule, consider the mass killing of women and children to be even more important. (Based on your wording, do you also have a problem with the mass killing of men? It's unclear from your wording above if you have a problem with the mass killing of men or not.)

Third, the extra premise that I provided above to create a valid argument doesn't strike me as being plausible. It's kinda a non sequitur even. (If you don't know what non sequitur means, I will gladly provide a link for you upon request.)

Quote:
You understand? Yes, everyone understands that. Some have to defend the position that they don't.
I understand that you're having difficulty putting together a coherent argument. Please try harder next time.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
11-26-2021 , 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Do you believe in God?
Let's put the above argument in standard-form:


Premise: Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children.

Conclusion: Apologetics is evil.


Several problems here:

First, the argument is clearly logically invalid.

(If you don't know what "logically invalid" means, I will gladly provide a link for you upon request.)

In order to make the argument logically valid (if you don't know what "logically valid" means I will gladly provide a link for you upon request), we can supplement your argument with the following premise :

If Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children, then apologetics is evil.

We now have a valid argument:


Premise #1: Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children.

Premise #2: If Lagtight is more concerned with the form of a knock-knock joke that with the mass killing of women and children, then apologetics is evil.

Conclusion: Apologetics is evil.


Glad I could help you out (you sure need it).


Second, the first premise is false. While I do in fact consider the correct form a knock-knock joke to be a very important thing, I would, as a rule, consider the mass killing of women and children to be even more important. (Based on your wording, do you also have a problem with the mass killing of men? It's unclear from your wording above if you have a problem with the mass killing of men or not.)

Third, the extra premise that I provided above to create a valid argument doesn't strike me as being plausible. It's kinda a non sequitur even. (If you don't know what non sequitur means, I will gladly provide a link for you upon request.)



I understand that you're having difficulty putting together a coherent argument. Please try harder next time.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
And when his self-described "worthless" philosophy helps him out of a tough spot re his religion, suddenly he's all over that philosophy stuff again as if it's gold. Apologetics = misdirection, deception, self-deception.
Yesterday , 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
And when his self-described "worthless" philosophy helps him out of a tough spot re his religion, suddenly he's all over that philosophy stuff again as if it's gold. Apologetics = misdirection, deception, self-deception.
I don't know of anyone who considers elementary propositional logic* to be an example of speculative philosophy**. Do you?

Even some Freshman English textbooks have a section on elementary propositional logic.



You make literally zero sense whatsoever. How and I in a "tough spot"? You can't even keep you brain turned on long enough to produce a putative coherent argument.

Please try harder. Publicly toying with you is getting rather tiresome for me.


*If you don't know what elementary propositional logic is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

**If you don't know what speculative philosophy is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

Last edited by lagtight; Yesterday at 04:31 AM.
Yesterday , 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Do you believe in God?
I don't know of anyone who considers elementary propositional logic* to be an example of speculative philosophy**. Do you?

Even some Freshman English textbooks have a section on elementary propositional logic.



You make literally zero sense whatsoever. How and I in a "tough spot"? You can't even keep you brain turned on long enough to produce a putative coherent argument.

Please try harder. Publicly toying with you is getting rather tiresome for me.


*If you don't know what elementary propositional logic is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

**If you don't know what speculative philosophy is, I will gladly provide a link for you.
Actually you've only established that you are a true believer and that you will sacrifice ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to whatever they believed and put in a bizarre book thousands of years ago.
Yesterday , 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Do you believe in God?
Actually you've only established that you are a true believer and that you will sacrifice ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to whatever they believed and put in a bizarre book thousands of years ago.
Kewl assertion. Are you going to support that claim with a sound argument*? (I think you, me and all the lurkers of this thread know the answer to that question.)

*If you don't know what a sound argument is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

Stay well and be safe!

      
m