Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell? Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Two Plus Two Forums
Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
View Poll Results: Heaven or Hell?
Likely Heaven
14 25.45%
I would guess Heaven
2 3.64%
Likely Hell
1 1.82%
I would guess Hell
6 10.91%
Not Christian
32 58.18%

10-26-2021 , 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
A look at what is claimed to be abomination is helpful. In a religion whose god kills millions of children in cold blood, and whose adherents give this the nod as moral, righteous and loving, certainly not an abomination ... and whose god then declares wearing the wrong clothes a real abomination .... in a world like this, hell is empty and the evil is in the believing.
I don't see how your conclusion logically follows from your premises.

Please express the above as a logically valid argument*, so it can be properly evaluated.

(Or at least admit that the above is, in fact, just a rant, in which case my request is irrelevant.)

Thanks, Fella-Gaga! Stay well and be safe!



*If you don't know what a logically valid argument is, I will gladly post a link for you. Please let me know!
10-26-2021 , 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
I don't see how your conclusion logically follows from your premises.

Please express the above as a logically valid argument*, so it can be properly evaluated.

(Or at least admit that the above is, in fact, just a rant, in which case my request is irrelevant.)

Thanks, Fella-Gaga! Stay well and be safe!



*If you don't know what a logically valid argument is, I will gladly post a link for you. Please let me know!
I thought it would be "worthless," your word, if I knew such philosophical things. Now you use it to divert from the immorality of genocidal savagery.
10-26-2021 , 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
I thought it would be "worthless," your word, if I knew such philosophical things. Now you use it to divert from the immorality of genocidal savagery.
The Liberal Arts can be subdivided as follows:

The Trivium: Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric

The Quadrivium: Arithmetic, Astronomy, Music, and Geometry

No reference to vain speculations that fall under the rubric of Philosophy.

This might be helpful: https://www.hillsdale.edu/hillsdale-...um-quadrivium/


That being said, would you like to re-cast your random ruminations as a logically valid argument*?


*If you don't know what a logically valid argument is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

Stay well and be safe!
10-27-2021 , 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
The Liberal Arts can be subdivided as follows:

The Trivium: Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric

The Quadrivium: Arithmetic, Astronomy, Music, and Geometry

No reference to vain speculations that fall under the rubric of Philosophy.

This might be helpful: https://www.hillsdale.edu/hillsdale-...um-quadrivium/


That being said, would you like to re-cast your random ruminations as a logically valid argument*?


*If you don't know what a logically valid argument is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

Stay well and be safe!
You're as insincere, facile, disingenuous, and superficial as they come. And you don't know why. The reason is fleeing from the reality of fear and pain, and covering it over with this religious blather. If, in a story, someone asked Jesus The Sage what Lagtight needed, he would say: "Get rid of the ridiculous religion concocted by charlatans and posthumously attributed to me. Go into the desert, both literal and metaphorical, forget the magic claims and insane doctrines, and confront your own non-supernatural soul there." Same as it ever was ... until religion hijacked the spiritual into absurdism."
10-27-2021 , 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
You're as insincere, facile, disingenuous, and superficial as they come. And you don't know why. The reason is fleeing from the reality of fear and pain, and covering it over with this religious blather. If, in a story, someone asked Jesus The Sage what Lagtight needed, he would say: "Get rid of the ridiculous religion concocted by charlatans and posthumously attributed to me. Go into the desert, both literal and metaphorical, forget the magic claims and insane doctrines, and confront your own non-supernatural soul there." Same as it ever was ... until religion hijacked the spiritual into absurdism."
Back to your usual ranting, I see!

I'll let you continue your Blather Blog unfettered by calls to produce a logically valid argument.*



*If you don't know what a Logically Valid Argument is, I would be delighted to provide a link for you.



Stay well and be safe!
10-28-2021 , 08:46 PM
I really don't think you can appeal to logic when the statement "killing every child on earth is immoral," to you, is morally illogical.
10-29-2021 , 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Back to your usual ranting, I see!

I'll let you continue your Blather Blog unfettered by calls to produce a logically valid argument.*



*If you don't know what a Logically Valid Argument is, I would be delighted to provide a link for you.



Stay well and be safe!

Sorry I'm so irrational about this subject. Let's change tack. What do you say about the millions of self-professing Christians who send money to the likes of Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart, thinking they are men of god?
10-29-2021 , 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
I really don't think you can appeal to logic when the statement "killing every child on earth is immoral," to you, is morally illogical.
Please provide a Logically Valid Argument* in which the bolded is the argument's conclusion.

*If you don't know what a Logically Valid Argument is, I will gladly provide a link for you.

Stay well and be safe.
10-29-2021 , 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Sorry I'm so irrational about this subject. Let's change tack. What do you say about the millions of self-professing Christians who send money to the likes of Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart, thinking they are men of god?
I think some Christians have better discernment skills than others.

My own discernment skills are often lacking. A good example of that is my belief that you are capable of engaging in a discussion about religion without going into Rant Mode on a regular basis.


Stay well and be safe!
10-29-2021 , 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
I think some Christians have better discernment skills than others.

My own discernment skills are often lacking. A good example of that is my belief that you are capable of engaging in a discussion about religion without going into Rant Mode on a regular basis.


Stay well and be safe!
Oh you're so Christ-like. Since you aren't really even trying to be that, it becomes obvious it is trolling. You don't actually believe it, and further you don't realize that what you say you believe constitutes magic claims. Religion is funny like that.
10-30-2021 , 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Oh you're so Christ-like. Since you aren't really even trying to be that, it becomes obvious it is trolling. You don't actually believe it, and further you don't realize that what you say you believe constitutes magic claims. Religion is funny like that.
Hey look eveybody; another rant post! Who could have seen that coming???
10-30-2021 , 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Hey look eveybody; another rant post! Who could have seen that coming???
Yeah, you got me again. My arse is pure naked hanging in the wind on spurious claims. UNCLE!
10-30-2021 , 08:18 PM
Did all the Jews before Christ get grandfathered into heaven or did they go to hell because they were unlucky to be born before Jesus and go to hell?
10-30-2021 , 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodson Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Did all the Jews before Christ get grandfathered into heaven or did they go to hell because they were unlucky to be born before Jesus and go to hell?
Neither.

Your two options are hardly exhaustive of all the possibilities.
10-31-2021 , 02:30 AM
What would a possible alternative be?

I can think of purgatory, ceasing to exist, and reincarnation. With the Christian faith, heaven and hell are the only options that I am aware of. I suppose some denominations believe in purgatory, but that belief is not so common.
10-31-2021 , 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodson Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
What would a possible alternative be?

I can think of purgatory, ceasing to exist, and reincarnation. With the Christian faith, heaven and hell are the only options that I am aware of. I suppose some denominations believe in purgatory, but that belief is not so common.
You are correct that, from a Christian standpoint, Heaven and Hell are the only options.

Roman Catholicism includes a belief in Purgatory, but Purgatory is not an alternative to Heaven and Hell. Purgatory is a place of purification for faithful Catholics and for the "separated brethren" (e.g. faithful "Protestants") so that they can enter Heaven sinless.

Eternal salvation has always predicated on faith (i.e. trust) in God.

Today, salvation is based on faith (i.e. trust) in Jesus Christ, whose sinless life and subsequent death by crucifixion atoned for (i.e. "paid for") the sins of the whole world. (Jesus' resurrection was confirmation that He had accomplished what He came to Earth to accomplish, which was to conquer death for those who would trust on Him for the forgiveness of their sins.)

For the Old Covenant Jews, salvation was based on trusting in God, Who promised them that He would to preserve them forever.

Last edited by lagtight; 10-31-2021 at 07:25 AM.
10-31-2021 , 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodson Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
What would a possible alternative be?

I can think of purgatory, ceasing to exist, and reincarnation. With the Christian faith, heaven and hell are the only options that I am aware of. I suppose some denominations believe in purgatory, but that belief is not so common.
Some orthodox Christians believe in annihilationism that after they die non-believers cease to exist.
10-31-2021 , 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Position Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Some orthodox Christians believe in annihilationism that after they die non-believers cease to exist.
[misread post; my comment deleted]
10-31-2021 , 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Position Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Some orthodox Christians believe in annihilationism that after they die non-believers cease to exist.
You are correct, although that is a very small minority of Christians.*

There are also Christian universalists; i.e. eventually everyone ends up in Heaven. But they are about as rare as annililationists.

(Universalism gained some traction among orthodox Christians in the latter half of the nineteenth century. The noted fantasy author George MacDonald was also a Christian minister and universalist.)

*If Jehovah's Witnesses are considered "Christian", then there is actually a significant number of annihilationists.

Last edited by lagtight; 10-31-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added stuff about MacDonald
10-31-2021 , 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
You are correct, although that is a very small minority of Christians.*

There are also Christian universalists; i.e. eventually everyone ends up in Heaven. But they are about as rare as annililationists.

(Universalism gained some traction among orthodox Christians in the latter half of the nineteenth century. The noted fantasy author George MacDonald was also a Christian minister and universalist.)

*If Jehovah's Witnesses are considered "Christian", then there is actually a significant number of annihilationists.
AFAIK Seven-day Adventists are the largest denomination that adopts this view of the afterlife, although several other prominent evangelical theologians also support it or at least are open to it as a possibility.
11-01-2021 , 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Position Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
AFAIK Seven-day Adventists are the largest denomination that adopts this view of the afterlife, although several other prominent evangelical theologians also support it or at least are open to it as a possibility.
You're right, I forgot about the SDA position on that.

Even the venerable British Evangelical pastor/theologian John Stott seemed rather sympathetic to annilhationism in his later years.
11-01-2021 , 04:30 AM
IT'S ALL MADE UP. ALL THAT DOCTRINE STUFF IS RELIGION DESIGNING, CONCOCTED BY MAN, AND A GOD OF LOVE WOULD NEVER DO IT. STOP DEBATING IT LIKE IT'S REAL. PLEASE. TO DO SO IS JUST A CONFESSION OF INDOCTRINATION INTO BLOOD DRINKING, GENOCIDE, WITCH KILLING, STONINGS, CHILD SLAUGHTER, AND BIGOTRY.
11-01-2021 , 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellaGaga-52 Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
IT'S ALL MADE UP. ALL THAT DOCTRINE STUFF IS RELIGION DESIGNING, CONCOCTED BY MAN, AND A GOD OF LOVE WOULD NEVER DO IT. STOP DEBATING IT LIKE IT'S REAL. PLEASE. TO DO SO IS JUST A CONFESSION OF INDOCTRINATION INTO BLOOD DRINKING, GENOCIDE, WITCH KILLING, STONINGS, CHILD SLAUGHTER, AND BIGOTRY.
FellaGaga-52 has brought his Rage-Posting to a new level, replete with ALL CAPS IN BOLD!!!

The content is still unworthy of addressing, but it's kinda kewl that Gaga at least has a new look!

Quick Question for Gaga-Guy: Are your new role-models for posting in this Forum the unhinged riggie nutjobs that post in the "Is Poker Rigged" thread in the Internet Poker Forum? The certifiable loons that post there enjoy using CAPS and bold as well.

Last edited by lagtight; 11-01-2021 at 06:23 AM.
11-14-2021 , 08:54 PM
Well, it's official. Pole results show more than 50% of responses as "Not a Christian". Christianity has just been voted out. Condolences to the Christians out there. Try again in 4 years. Maybe with a better catch phrase than, "Believe or burn for all eternity!" Something like "Free beer and a stripper factory"? Oh, sorry, that one is taken. Well, work on it.

(Exits stage left, removing tongue from cheek)
11-14-2021 , 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Bernadino Christian's - Do you think you'll go to heaven or hell?
Well, it's official. Pole results show more than 50% of responses as "Not a Christian". Christianity has just been voted out. Condolences to the Christians out there. Try again in 4 years. Maybe with a better catch phrase than, "Believe or burn for all eternity!" Something like "Free beer and a stripper factory"? Oh, sorry, that one is taken. Well, work on it.

(Exits stage left, removing tongue from cheek)
I demand a re-count!

      
m