Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Religion, God, and Theology Discussion of God, religion, faith, theology, and spirituality.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #51
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,017
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

You have proof that neurons are not made of matter?
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #52
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,994
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Thread title leaves a lot to be desired, maybe not least of all it has to redefine the following words:

1.) Scientific.
2.) Fact.
3.) Foretold.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #53
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
So neurons are not made of matter now? Hahaha.
No I'm quite sure you're right on this neurons and matter are connected.

I'm just saying spirit can work or manifest itself in matter.

We have the biblical proof in Moses and the physical proof in Brother Lawrence and those around us that have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
These people will almost always manifest good behaviors unless they have let temptation or pride get the better of them or if they are under satanic attack. Satanic attack by the way can include drugs/alcohol and depression. I'll include pornography. Anything that can become obsessional in nature can be manipulated by the devil.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #54
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

This is why all the baby Christians don't walk straight paths.

Because after receiving Christ the very next thing they should be taught is the power of temptation and how to put on the whole armor of God.

After being saved it should be stressed that you should read the whole bible as soon as possible because only the bible gives you the tools to divide truth from deception. But a lot of Christians don't read the whole bible or know how to put on the armor. Because the ministers are lazy or didn't think things all the way out. They just tell you to stay in church.

Baby Christians are always the most vulnerable to satanic attack and temptation. They're like alcoholics that just came off the bottle. Because Satan doesn't have to mess with the unsaved. He's already got the unsaved and they will most likely destroy themselves.

Last edited by Splendour; 02-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #55
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,017
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
We have the biblical proof in Moses and the physical proof in Brother Lawrence and those around us that have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
These people will almost always manifest good behaviors unless they have let temptation or pride get the better of them or if they are under satanic attack. Satanic attack by the way can include drugs/alcohol and depression. I'll include pornography. Anything that can become obsessional in nature can be manipulated by the devil.
I just drank a couple shots of Johnny Walker Blue Label and masturbated to some porn.

I guess that was just Satan?
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #56
Lestat
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,995
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Even though many are laughing at this link, I don't find it funny at all. In fact, I think it's sad. It's downright pathetic that so many of you wear your ignorance as though it were a badge of honor. You should be embarrassed to admit that you take this garbage seriously. Have you no shame at all?

It's pathetic to wallow in such ignorance with a smile on your face. Read a book... Take a moment to learn what real science is about before gloating over what an utter fool you make of yourself by presenting crap like this.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #57
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
I just drank a couple shots of Johnny Walker Blue Label and masturbated to some porn.

I guess that was just Satan?

Influence can be subtle and behaviors are learned and reinforced.

In the NT it speaks of the children of Satan.

Deception at its strongest is hard to detect.

Why would you say something like this in public?

You see Satan deceives us into choosing him. God gives us a free choice and announces himself thru the trumpet of his message.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #58
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

I always thought the battle between good and evil was all in the heart but its not its in the heart and the mind. Probably the mind is attacked more. Its easier to deceive.

Proverbs 4:23 (Contemporary English Version)

23Carefully guard your thoughts

because they are the source

of true life.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #59
Funology
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 898
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
Baby Christians are always the most vulnerable to satanic attack and temptation. They're like alcoholics that just came off the bottle. Because Satan doesn't have to mess with the unsaved. He's already got the unsaved and they will most likely destroy themselves.
wow.
Funology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #60
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funology View Post
wow.
Do you agree?
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #61
46:1
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,406
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

So this is where the atheist mockery stems from. Rediculous views such as these that try to wringe some scientific validation from a dirty discarded rag.

It's like meticulously pointing out a tiny zit behind the ear of Patrick Antonius. Talk about Satan seducing the baby Christians who have no God Armor +5 yet... If you tango with science, better pray for legs and prepare to dance.
46:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #62
Autocratic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,276
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
Influence can be subtle and behaviors are learned and reinforced.

In the NT it speaks of the children of Satan.

Deception at its strongest is hard to detect.

Why would you say something like this in public?

You see Satan deceives us into choosing him. God gives us a free choice and announces himself thru the trumpet of his message.
You have only been deceived into thinking Satan is real by MegaSatan. The deception is subtle, but in choosing your God, you are actually feeding MegaSatan's fires.
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #63
BigErf
veteran
 
BigErf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Planet Erf
Posts: 3,321
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Even though many are laughing at this link, I don't find it funny at all. In fact, I think it's sad. It's downright pathetic that so many of you wear your ignorance as though it were a badge of honor. You should be embarrassed to admit that you take this garbage seriously. Have you no shame at all?

It's pathetic to wallow in such ignorance with a smile on your face. Read a book... Take a moment to learn what real science is about before gloating over what an utter fool you make of yourself by presenting crap like this.
QFT - Because look at what the alternative holds for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
I just drank a couple shots of Johnny Walker Blue Label and masturbated to some porn.

I guess that was just Satan?
BigErf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #64
Autocratic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,276
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErf View Post
QFT - Because look at what the alternative holds for you.
Good booze and porn? OH THE HORROR!!!!

btw clearly the alternative to believing in bull**** like the OP's link is masturbating while drunk. Clearly.
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #65
tmcdmck
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmcdmck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: being less of a nit than you
Posts: 6,497
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

25.
Incalculable number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22). At a time when less than 5,000 stars were visible to the human eye, God stated that the stars of heaven were innumerable. Not until the 17th century did Galileo glimpse the immensity of our universe with his new telescope. Today, astronomers estimate that there are ten thousand billion trillion stars – that’s a 1 followed by 25 zeros! Yet, as the Bible states, scientists admit this number may be woefully inadequate.

BUT THEY DEMONSTRATED THAT THE NUMBER OF STARS IS NOT INCALCULABLE BY GIVING A CALCULATION OF HOW MANY STARS THERE ARE! infact, this point goes to show that the bible is not literally true in this place.
tmcdmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #66
Rushinankil
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 209
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
The Greeks said atoms were indivisible (Not invisible!). That is what "atom" means, indivisible.

Quote:
Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma.
This has been solved for a long time, the egg came first. Chickens came from dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were born from eggs and therefore using a transitive arguement, the egg came first. (Sorry if this has been pointed out already)

Last edited by Rushinankil; 02-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Rushinankil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #67
All-In Flynn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-In Flynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 10,923
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries.
Every student of history knows this is what pushed Nietzsche over the edge.
All-In Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #68
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Go ahead and laugh unbelievers but knowing about Satanic power is like having a talisman against him. It wards off evil.

Not everything is directly Satan inspired most of its our own flaws but there is always a spirit of anti-christ in the world and if you have a chink in your armor it can get in.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #69
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,017
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
This is why all the baby Christians don't walk straight paths. Baby Christians are always the most vulnerable to satanic attack and temptation.
There is no such thing as a "baby Christian."

I feel sorry for the little kids that are brainwashed into believing this crap from the time they are too young to make rational decisions for themselves. The majority of those kids never pull themselves free from those delusions once they grow up.
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #70
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,017
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErf View Post
QFT - Because look at what the alternative holds for you.
Clearly you fail at logic.

And once again, ZOMG the HORROR of good alcohol and pornography.
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #71
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
There is no such thing as a "baby Christian."

I feel sorry for the little kids that are brainwashed into believing this crap from the time they are too young to make rational decisions for themselves. The majority of those kids never pull themselves free from those delusions once they grow up.
No "baby Christian" was my modern parlance to get across an idea.

Paul in the NT calls them "milk fed"....Now what is "milk fed" in the human race: babies and children.

And to say that teaching kids early is wrong is silly. The sooner the kids get a handle on godly things the sooner they straighten out and decrease their sins. Redemption is what works the holiness or sanctification through us. We don't do it. Jesus Christ does it through the power of the Holy Spirit.

(Note: You are "milk fed" at the start of your Christian walk which can begin at any age. Some people are milk fed at 2, some at 30 years old, some at 70 years old...Milk fed just means the beginning of your Christian faith walk).
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #72
BrokeDonk
Pooh-Bah
 
BrokeDonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,514
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
And to say that teaching kids early is wrong is silly. The sooner the kids get a handle on godly things the sooner they straighten out and decrease their sins. Redemption is what works the holiness or sanctification through us. We don't do it. Jesus Christ does it through the power of the Holy Spirit.
you mean: the sooner they are brainwashed the more difficult it will be for them to reject these ideas
BrokeDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #73
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,017
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Yes, clearly telling 5-year-olds that they're going to be eternally punished for not believing an ancient book is a great way to give them a head-start in life.

SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #74
Splendour
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Don't forget. You are loved by God.
Posts: 18,896
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDonk View Post
you mean: the sooner they are brainwashed the more difficult it will be for them to reject these ideas
Have you compared the Christian countries to the Muslim one's lately?

Nevermind all the current good things come from previous generations in the Christian world....looks like we might be coming under a curse from the current degradation of society.

No previous generation has suffered such a rash of STDs, school violence, pedophelia, obesity, and now potential economic failure, etc.

But this generation is smarter than every other one right?

Wrong we've put all our time in everything but holiness. We never ask how to be holy any more. We're too busy denying God exists so we can follow every pleasure under the sun.
Splendour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #75
alreet
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: banned
Posts: 1,105
Re: 101 Scientific Facts the Bible foretold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendour View Post
Go ahead and laugh unbelievers but knowing about Satanic power is like having a talisman against him. It wards off evil.


alreet is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive